The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 317 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
9 March 2014
11.47am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17156
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Joe, @Zig, @fabfouremily, @Ahhh Girl, @IveJustSeenAFaceo 

You can save The End as an mp3 file, its listed in the attachments at the bottom of the post. For obvious reasons that is not ideal for Joe.

Regardless of it being 1 song or 34 it is a major irritant opening up a page and music automatically plays. It should always be up to each individual person to play the song or not. Can someone take it off.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
9 March 2014
1.19pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10758

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 As soon as this page loaded the mp3 began to play. I did save it onto my desktop, and it plays from there.

EDIT: After I clicked on save edited post and the page refreshed, you mp3 started playing again. When I came back into edit this post, the song started playing yet again. I don't know what would happen if more than one mp3 were on here like that. I think we will will have to see how this is going to work out.

I wanted someone else to see what was happening before the mp3 got deleted. Thanks for posting your comment, mmm.

meanmistermustard said
@Joe, @Zig, @fabfouremily, @Ahhh Girl, @IveJustSeenAFaceo 

You can save The End as an mp3 file, its listed in the attachments at the bottom of the post. For obvious reasons that is not ideal for Joe.

Regardless of it being 1 song or 34 it is a major irritant opening up a page and music automatically plays. It should always be up to each individual person to play the song or not. Can someone take it off.

@meanmistermustard et al., I removed the mp3 attachment.

9 March 2014
3.16pm
Ahhh Girl

testing. this song will be removed shortly. ***The song "How Do You Do It" was attached to this post, and it played automatically when the page was loaded. In mod mode I removed the attachment. The box for the song remained it the post but will not play.***

Download remove-attachment.doc

While I still had the song attached, I clicked on edit then I clicked on the attachments button on the bottom of the post box. The first picture on the remove-attachment file shows that there is a "remove attachments" option there. I clicked on the remove attachment button, but didn't work for me. **going to test the removal of another attachment. check back for updates*** Next, nope, it looks like you can't remove an attachment while logged in as a regular forum member. Next, see the second picture in the remove-attachment file. When I deleted the attachment with the mod tool, the attachment went poof, but the box for the song stayed in the post.

9 March 2014
3.41pm
Ahhh Girl

6336sp_Permalink

meanmistermustard said
What song? Nothing comes up, just the Quicktime Player logo overlaid with a huge question mark.

It was there. I didn't attach "Hold Me Tight" just in case you came to this page while I had the attachment in place. Keep looking at that post for updates on my progress. I'll make a new post once I get what I can figured out.

9 March 2014
3.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Ahhh Girl said
testing. this song will be removed shortly. ***The song "
How Do You Do It" was attached as a media upload/file to this post, and it played automatically when the page was loaded. In mod mode I removed the attachment. The box for the song remained it the post but will not play.***

[media player and attachment]

While I still had the song attached, I clicked on edit then I clicked on the attachments button on the bottom of the post box. The first picture on the remove-attachment file shows that there is a "remove attachments" option there. I clicked on the remove attachment button, but didn't work for me. **going to test the removal of another attachment. check back for updates*** Next, nope, it looks like you can't remove an attachment while logged in as a regular forum member. Next, see the second picture in the remove-attachment file. When I deleted the attachment with the mod tool, the attachment went poof, but the box for the song stayed in the post.

I don't see a way to make a song play without the downloadable attachment being available. I did my best. If anyone thinks of something else to try (either themselves or me), let me know. Other than that, we will just wait until Joe gets a chance to check this out.

9 March 2014
6.25pm
Ahhh Girl

6339sp_Permalink

Bono, Sean Penn, and Julian Lennon enjoy a boys' night out in Dublin

Dublin. @AppleScruffJunior  This story caught my eye since I had an Irish geography lesson this morning.

10 March 2014
11.02am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17156
6340sp_Permalink

angry-kangaroo_20120610220914.gifImage Enlarger

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

IveJustSeenAFaceo, parlance
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Silly Girl
37 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17152

Ahhh Girl: 10758

Annadog40: 9762

Zig: 7561

parlance: 7092