The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 310 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
21 February 2014
10.52pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7237

Re the musical i doubt others in the audience would be too happy with loud groans and shouts of "no! that didn't happen!" or "that's wrong" from any of us here. The first few would be withstandable but by the 17th we'd all be banging our heads off the chair in front and demanding meetings with the production staff.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
22 February 2014
1.40am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1891

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Supposed to be a quote of Sky's post, but I already clicked to the next page, and I'm too lazy to go back and hit "Quote"

Well, at least we've got a great band like Nirvana.

Who's your best, Rush? Although none of us have got anything on Britain.

Oh so now Canadians don't have any good musical artists?  Let me explain you a thing:  (disclaimer:  these are artists that have done well commercially, I am not saying that I necessarily listen to or like all of these artists)

• Neil Young
  • Sam Roberts
  • Heart
  • Brian Adams
  • KD Lang
  • Arcade Fire
  • k-os
  • The Guess Who
  • 54-40
  • Burton Cummings
  • BTO
  • The Barenaked Ladies
  • April Wine
  • Our Lady Peace
  • Crash Test Dummies
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Feist
  • Drake
  • Alanis Morisette
  • Gordon Lightfoot
  • Paul Anka
  • Men Without Hats
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Buck 65
  • Kid Koala
  • Kardinall Official
  • Micheal Buble
  • Sloan
  • Steppenwolf
  • The Tragically Hip
  • Finger Eleven
  • Matthew Good
  • Bran Van 3000
  • Big Heart
  • Loverboy

Should I go on?  a-hard-days-night-paul-10

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

22 February 2014
1.55am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2056

Out of that list, I've never heard of about half, and don't like half of the rest.

Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies, and Our Lady Peace are actually the only ones that mean anything to me. And I notice you've conveniently left out Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.

(By the way, I'll be like this about Canada for a few days. I don't really hate Canada, but I'm pretty mad at them right now.)

(This signature brought to you by Stairways. Going to Heaven since 1971)
22 February 2014
2.01am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Out of that list, I've never heard of about half, and don't like half of the rest.

Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies, and Our Lady Peace are actually the only ones that mean anything to me. And I notice you've conveniently left out Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.

(By the way, I'll be like this about Canada for a few days. I don't really hate Canada, but I'm pretty mad at them right now.)

Well Beiber and Celine are huge so I figured they were a given.  I was just trying to prove that we have more than just Rush.

BTW did you heard that we won the hockey game this morning? Wasn't sure if you had seen that.    

Your attitude reminds of the women's hockey team yesterday while receiving their silver medal.  

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

22 February 2014
2.08am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

LongHairedLady said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Well Beiber and Celine are huge so I figured they were a given.  I was just trying to prove that we have more than just Rush.

BTW did you heard that we won the hockey game this morning? Wasn't sure if you had seen that.    

Your attitude reminds of the women's hockey team yesterday while receiving their silver medal.  

I may be a sore loser, but that's being a sore winner.

Also, please understand this entire thing is marked with a giantahdn_ringo_09. I'm not actually this mad, if you're actually offended by my Canada bashing, I can stop at any point. Also, feel free to bash America as much as you want. We're plenty screwed up.

22 February 2014
4.26am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

Oh I'm not usually a "sore winner", but you were totally asking for it.  I also really love my Country and will defend it always.  a-hard-days-night-george-10

22 February 2014
4.32am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

LongHairedLady said
Oh I'm not usually a "sore winner", but you were totally asking for it.  I also really love my Country and will defend it always.  a-hard-days-night-george-10

I know, I know. And me too.

22 February 2014
6.47am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2548

I was surprised Leonard Cohen and The Band (4/5 Canadian) didn't make the list.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
22 February 2014
10.23am
LongHairedLady
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said
I was surprised Leonard Cohen and The Band (4/5 Canadian) didn't make the list.

They would have if I had remembered.  Was just trying to throw some examples out there.  

22 February 2014
2.37pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3712

AppleScruffJunior said
And finally the logical part kicks in and says 'The West-End made 'Carrie' into a musical'.

I wonder if this is the same Broadway musical flop from the 80s. It has to be. They wouldn't make two, would they?

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

22 February 2014
9.39pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

:( I backed into my cactus and now I've got all the prickly things stuck in my pj bottoms. Why I have a cactus I do not know, they're not exactly pretty things and they're clearly no use to me. Is it okay to just chuck a plant away, because that's what I feel like doing right now.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

22 February 2014
9.46pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
:( I backed into my cactus and now I've got all the prickly things stuck in my pj bottoms. Why I have a cactus I do not know, they're not exactly pretty things and they're clearly no use to me. Is it okay to just chuck a plant away, because that's what I feel like doing right now.

I'd say no as it's alive and its not the cacti's fault you backed into it. If you don't want it give it to someone else. I've always liked them personally but i'm a bit far away to take it off your hands.

Scotland won an away game in the Six Nations Rugby, thrashing Italy 21 points to 20 with a drop-goal (no idea what that is, rugby is just too boring to care) in the last few seconds. Considering how laughable we have been at Rugby for a while (last week England took all their players off for a 10 minute drink in the bar and we still failed to score a single point or win any of the scrums) a national holiday will be implemented to remember this occasion for years to come.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
22 February 2014
9.56pm
fabfouremily

I'd send it in the post, but it's a bit of an awkward shape (and this would probably end in disaster as last time I tried to pick it up I had my hands covered in the prickly stuff for days).

I guess I'll just move it up the garden (carefully this time).

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

22 February 2014
9.57pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

I'd say no as it's alive and its not the cacti's fault you backed into it. If you don't want it give it to someone else. I've always liked them personally but i'm a bit far away to take it off your hands.

Cacti have rights too you know! ahdn_ringo_09

22 February 2014
9.59pm
fabfouremily

^ Well, they don't, but okay. I'll be kind to it :)

22 February 2014
10.05pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Can you send cacti in the post? 

"Up the cacti and all that stuff".ahdn_paul_06

22 February 2014
10.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1328

Stop bashing the cactus, it's not its fault that it's all awkward. It is a bit of a prick though*

*I really need to stop making sh*t jokes a-hard-days-night-john-2 NEVER!

Maybe the poor cactus just felt lonely

But seeing as it attacked your backside maybe it's a pervy cactus. Threaten it with a hose maybe?
I SWEAR TO GOD, I WILL DROWN YOU!!!
That'll teach it a lesson, bloody cacti thinking they own the place

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

22 February 2014
10.23pm
fabfouremily

Who said anything about bashing it?? What kind of violent maniac do you think I am? I just have really itchy legs now, and I feel uncomfortable and grumpy:( I'm going to have to have another shower before bed.

He probably was just lonely. All my other plants are away from him, so I suppose he had nobody to talk to.

22 February 2014
10.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1328

And there's the problem, I hear cacti like geraniums.

Does anyone here plant vegetables? I've always been fond of root crops but I only started to grow last summer. I happen to think the cauliflower more beautiful than the rose. I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium, to be honest

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

22 February 2014
10.36pm
fabfouremily

I grow chillies, tomatoes occasionaly and lots of different herbs. I have tried courgettes too but it didn't work very well. There's nothing better than eating something you've grown yourself. And no nasty pesticides, either.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: cra, buick6
62 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Joe, Bungalow Bob

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7237

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3712

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2548

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 2056

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1855

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2337

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3069

Newest Members: BeatleZak, Mast Paster, Stephen Merrick, happyfeetgroove, captaindiggity

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3415), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3315), Joe (3220), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3220)