The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 309 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
21 February 2014
6.58pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 527

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said
Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman's Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today…  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn't take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

^^^^What she said!  apple01a-hard-days-night-john-1

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can't wait for the men's game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here…  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

21 February 2014
7.16pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1742

Congrats Canada! apple01apple01apple01

Since we got to keep Bieber for…now. Let's think of a place to ship him to….I choose Antarctica. 

21 February 2014
8.43pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9238

Have got 5 old mobile phones and what seems like 45,873 chargers yet its impossible to create one working mobile out of it all (not for me thankfully). Surely it would be better for the planet if all of these parts (battery, charger etc) were universal so all this garbage didn't accumulate every time you had to get a new phone. Do the designers sit down for meetings where they spent 5 weeks coming up with a new design for their next phone which is elephant shaped just so folk have to go out and buy another one if they lose it or it breaks?

I would say well done Canada for the Ice Hockey victory over the US in today's semi-final but you beat the GB Men and Woman at Curling so a-hard-days-night-paul-11. There's being good and just being greedy.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
21 February 2014
8.50pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2927

Sky999 said

Since we got to keep Bieber for…now. Let's think of a place to ship him to….I choose Antarctica. 

You mean…. you don't want him? With all the good music he makes (or made?), and good citizenship values he promotes to your youngsters? Why ever not?

Congratulations, Canada. Today's certainly a day for your sports, isn't it?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

21 February 2014
9.04pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1748

Ireland came 55st in some women's thing today, I was dozing in the car so I didn't hear it properly. I felt so proud!

I also forgot to tell ye that 'Let It Be' i.e. the West-End glorified Beatles tribute act is coming to Dublin. God help them even try to sell out one show let alone eight! Although the guy who plays John on the poster is kinda cute a-hard-days-night-john-7 That and I will be in Dublin the same time it's on a-hard-days-night-paul-7 No Katie think of your purse a-hard-days-night-paul-3

I'm kind of embarrassed for them, I'd save buying tickets 'til a week/a couple of days before the show as they'd be selling for next to nothing just to fill up seats. The first shows cheapest tickets are selling at €13 in one of Ireland's most prestigious theatres (that doesn't say a lot, unfortunately most of the theatres are kips, MORE MONEY NEEDS TO BE INVESTED IN THE ARTS!!)

Anyhoo has anyone seen 'Let It Be' and if so what did ye think?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
21 February 2014
9.08pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said
Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman's Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today…  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn't take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can't wait for the men's game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here…  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

We'll see who's laughing as Crosby gets a nice shiny bronze medal around his neck…

Oh I'm sorry what was that you were saying about a bronze metal?  Hmmm?  YEAH we fucking nailed it, in your "IveJustSeenA"FACE!!  a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11

If I wasn't on my cell at work I'd totally be posting a killer celebratory gif!!  a-hard-days-night-george-10

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
9.12pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Damn it

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
21 February 2014
9.12pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9238

I'd think twice about going to see the Let It be show even if they were offering me money to go and paying my expenses. Sounds like it would be one of the darkest nightmares from the deepest buried part of my consciousness (or whatever part of the brain all that comes from).

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
21 February 2014
9.25pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Hey, look what I got! 

http://i2.wp.com/i.imgur.com/pKIHpvq.jpg?w=200

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
21 February 2014
9.34pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

Sky999 said

You mean…. you don't want him? With all the good music he makes (or made?), and good citizenship values he promotes to your youngsters? Why ever not?

Congratulations, Canada. Today's certainly a day for your sports, isn't it?

We've got Miley Cyrus and other yuppies to take care of that. We don't need another one. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

21 February 2014
9.36pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Hey, look what I got! 

http://i2.wp.com/i.imgur.com/pKIHpvq.jpg?w=200

Awesome, but still don't make up for the fact that your home team lost. a-hard-days-night-george-10

21 February 2014
9.38pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
I'd think twice about going to see the Let It be show even if they were offering me money to go and paying my expenses. Sounds like it would be one of the darkest nightmares from the deepest buried part of my consciousness (or whatever part of the brain all that comes from).

Exactly, the logical part of my brain says 'Katie they're not the real Beatles, you know? They are just horrifically bad actors wearing cheap costumes and putting on terrible Scouser accents. You will never get to see the lads in real life. Why? Because they broke up nearly 50 years ago and oh yeah HALF OF THEM ARE DEAD'.  (As you can say, I have a dislike for the logical part of my brain, no need to remind me half of them are dead paul-mccartney)

But then the part of my brain that controls my purse says 'But Katie, you'll get to meet other people who like The Beatles, maybe even as much as you a-hard-days-night-john-6 And plus what's nicer then listening to live Beatles music for 2 hours. They come from the West-End they have to be good'.

And finally the logical part kicks in and says 'The West-End made 'Carrie' into a musical'.

Then I shudder and decide that I'd rather walk on hot coals ahdn_ringo_09

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
21 February 2014
10.03pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Supposed to be a quote of Sky's post, but I already clicked to the next page, and I'm too lazy to go back and hit "Quote"

Well, at least we've got a great band like Nirvana.

Who's your best, Rush? Although none of us have got anything on Britain.

21 February 2014
10.04pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Because they broke up nearly 50 years ago and oh yeah HALF OF THEM ARE DEAD'

Well you say things as they are, don't you?

Then I shudder and decide that I'd rather walk on hot coals

Yeah, this would almost be preferable. I have no desire whatsoever to watch that thing, and I'm sure you'd regret it if you went.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

21 February 2014
10.11pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

That and it's an evening show and I'd have to get up at 4am to get to the airport :/

21 February 2014
10.23pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said
That and it's an evening show and I'd have to get up at 4am to get to the airport :/

Hmmm a-hard-days-night-george-4Perhaps not, then? :)

21 February 2014
10.27pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Hej, jag är Faceo, den största svenska hockey fan i världen. Jag är officiellt svenskt, med början nu, och slutar kl 02:00 ET på söndag. Kanada suger!

21 February 2014
10.32pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

Hmmm a-hard-days-night-george-4Perhaps not, then? :)

Unless I want a caffeine fuelled party-night….nah

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Hej, jag är Faceo, den största svenska hockey fan i världen. Jag är officiellt svenskt, med början nu, och slutar kl 02:00 ET på söndag. Kanada suger!

Tá mé abaltá teanga éile a scriobh freisin bro? Fadhb? a-hard-days-night-george-10Agus na habair é sin faoi Ceanada, tá cumhacht acu!

I'm quite proud of myself, I'm able to kind of understand that sentence a-hard-days-night-paul-8

21 February 2014
10.44pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Supposed to be a quote of Sky's post, but I already clicked to the next page, and I'm too lazy to go back and hit "Quote"

Well, at least we've got a great band like Nirvana.

Who's your best, Rush? Although none of us have got anything on Britain.

I'm not from Canada. I'm from the US thank you very much. a-hard-days-night-paul-11 

I do agree about Britain though! 

21 February 2014
10.51pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

IveJustSeenAFaceo said Hey, look what I got!  http://i2.wp.com/i.imgur.com/pKIHpvq.jpg?w=200

Awesome, but still don't make up for the fact that your home team lost. a-hard-days-night-george-10

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
49 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9238

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4908

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4487

Zig: 3643

Annadog40: 3556

Mr. Kite: 3192

Ron Nasty: 2954

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2504

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3187

Newest Members: Johnny Rhythm, 165721, Bibiana, Bibiana0709, Rendersen25

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4487), meanmistermustard (9238), Zig (3643), Joe (3404)

Administrators: Joe (3404), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None