Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
21 February 2014
8.50pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6161sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

Since we got to keep Bieber for…now. Let’s think of a place to ship him to….I choose Antarctica. 

You mean…. you don’t want him? With all the good music he makes (or made?), and good citizenship values he promotes to your youngsters? Why ever not?

Congratulations, Canada. Today’s certainly a day for your sports, isn’t it?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 February 2014
9.04pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6162sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ireland came 55st in some women’s thing today, I was dozing in the car so I didn’t hear it properly. I felt so proud!

I also forgot to tell ye that ‘Let It Be ‘ i.e. the West-End glorified Beatles tribute act is coming to Dublin. God help them even try to sell out one show let alone eight! Although the guy who plays John on the poster is kinda cute a-hard-days-night-john-7 That and I will be in Dublin the same time it’s on a-hard-days-night-paul-7 No Katie think of your purse a-hard-days-night-paul-3

I’m kind of embarrassed for them, I’d save buying tickets ’til a week/a couple of days before the show as they’d be selling for next to nothing just to fill up seats. The first shows cheapest tickets are selling at €13 in one of Ireland’s most prestigious theatres (that doesn’t say a lot, unfortunately most of the theatres are kips, MORE MONEY NEEDS TO BE INVESTED IN THE ARTS!!)

Anyhoo has anyone seen ‘Let It Be ‘ and if so what did ye think?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

21 February 2014
9.08pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
6163sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said
Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman ‘s Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today…  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn’t take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can’t wait for the men’s game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here…  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

We’ll see who’s laughing as Crosby gets a nice shiny bronze medal around his neck…

Oh I’m sorry what was that you were saying about a bronze metal?  Hmmm?  YEAH we fucking nailed it, in your “IveJustSeenA”FACE!!  a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11

If I wasn’t on my cell at work I’d totally be posting a killer celebratory gif!!  a-hard-days-night-george-10

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
9.12pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6164sp_Permalink sp_Print

Damn it

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

21 February 2014
9.12pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
6165sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’d think twice about going to see the Let It be show even if they were offering me money to go and paying my expenses. Sounds like it would be one of the darkest nightmares from the deepest buried part of my consciousness (or whatever part of the brain all that comes from).

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 February 2014
9.25pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey, look what I got! 

http://i.imgur.com/pKIHpvq.jpgImage Enlarger

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

21 February 2014
9.34pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
6167sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Sky999 said
Since we got to keep Bieber for…now. Let’s think of a place to ship him to….I choose Antarctica. 

You mean…. you don’t want him? With all the good music he makes (or made?), and good citizenship values he promotes to your youngsters? Why ever not?

Congratulations, Canada. Today’s certainly a day for your sports, isn’t it?

We’ve got Miley Cyrus and other yuppies to take care of that. We don’t need another one. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

21 February 2014
9.36pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Hey, look what I got! 

http://i.imgur.com/pKIHpvq.jpgImage Enlarger

Awesome, but still don’t make up for the fact that your home team lost. a-hard-days-night-george-10

21 February 2014
9.38pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6169sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I’d think twice about going to see the Let It be show even if they were offering me money to go and paying my expenses. Sounds like it would be one of the darkest nightmares from the deepest buried part of my consciousness (or whatever part of the brain all that comes from).

Exactly, the logical part of my brain says ‘Katie they’re not the real Beatles, you know? They are just horrifically bad actors wearing cheap costumes and putting on terrible Scouser accents. You will never get to see the lads in real life. Why? Because they broke up nearly 50 years ago and oh yeah HALF OF THEM ARE DEAD’.  (As you can say, I have a dislike for the logical part of my brain, no need to remind me half of them are dead paul-mccartney)

But then the part of my brain that controls my purse says ‘But Katie, you’ll get to meet other people who like The Beatles, maybe even as much as you a-hard-days-night-john-6 And plus what’s nicer then listening to live Beatles music for 2 hours. They come from the West-End they have to be good’.

And finally the logical part kicks in and says ‘The West-End made ‘Carrie’ into a musical’.

Then I shudder and decide that I’d rather walk on hot coals ahdn_ringo_09

21 February 2014
10.03pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers

Supposed to be a quote of Sky’s post, but I already clicked to the next page, and I’m too lazy to go back and hit “Quote”

Well, at least we’ve got a great band like Nirvana.

Who’s your best, Rush? Although none of us have got anything on Britain.

21 February 2014
10.04pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6171sp_Permalink sp_Print

Because they broke up nearly 50 years ago and oh yeah HALF OF THEM ARE DEAD’

Well you say things as they are, don’t you?

Then I shudder and decide that I’d rather walk on hot coals

Yeah, this would almost be preferable. I have no desire whatsoever to watch that thing, and I’m sure you’d regret it if you went.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 February 2014
10.11pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6172sp_Permalink sp_Print

That and it’s an evening show and I’d have to get up at 4am to get to the airport :/

21 February 2014
10.23pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6173sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
That and it’s an evening show and I’d have to get up at 4am to get to the airport :/

Hmmm a-hard-days-night-george-4Perhaps not, then? :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 February 2014
10.27pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hej, jag är Faceo, den största svenska hockey fan i världen. Jag är officiellt svenskt, med början nu, och slutar kl 02:00 ET på söndag. Kanada suger!

21 February 2014
10.32pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

Hmmm a-hard-days-night-george-4Perhaps not, then? :)

Unless I want a caffeine fuelled party-night….nah

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Hej, jag är Faceo, den största svenska hockey fan i världen. Jag är officiellt svenskt, med början nu, och slutar kl 02:00 ET på söndag. Kanada suger!

Tá mé abaltá teanga éile a scriobh freisin bro? Fadhb? a-hard-days-night-george-10Agus na habair é sin faoi Ceanada, tá cumhacht acu!

I’m quite proud of myself, I’m able to kind of understand that sentence a-hard-days-night-paul-8

21 February 2014
10.44pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
6176sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Supposed to be a quote of Sky’s post, but I already clicked to the next page, and I’m too lazy to go back and hit “Quote”

I’m not from Canada. I’m from the US thank you very much. a-hard-days-night-paul-11 

I do agree about Britain though! 

21 February 2014
10.51pm
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members
6177sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said Hey, look what I got!  http://i.imgur.com/pKIHpvq.jpgImage Enlarger

Awesome, but still don’t make up for the fact that your home team lost. a-hard-days-night-george-10

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
10.52pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
6178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Re the musical i doubt others in the audience would be too happy with loud groans and shouts of “no! that didn’t happen!” or “that’s wrong” from any of us here. The first few would be withstandable but by the 17th we’d all be banging our heads off the chair in front and demanding meetings with the production staff.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 February 2014
1.40am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members
6179sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Oh so now Canadians don’t have any good musical artists?  Let me explain you a thing:  (disclaimer:  these are artists that have done well commercially, I am not saying that I necessarily listen to or like all of these artists)

• Neil Young
  • Sam Roberts
  • Heart
  • Brian Adams
  • KD Lang
  • Arcade Fire
  • k-os
  • The Guess Who
  • 54-40
  • Burton Cummings
  • BTO
  • The Barenaked Ladies
  • April Wine
  • Our Lady Peace
  • Crash Test Dummies
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Feist
  • Drake
  • Alanis Morisette
  • Gordon Lightfoot
  • Paul Anka
  • Men Without Hats
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Buck 65
  • Kid Koala
  • Kardinall Official
  • Micheal Buble
  • Sloan
  • Steppenwolf
  • The Tragically Hip
  • Finger Eleven
  • Matthew Good
  • Bran Van 3000
  • Big Heart
  • Loverboy

Should I go on?  a-hard-days-night-paul-10

22 February 2014
1.55am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Out of that list, I’ve never heard of about half, and don’t like half of the rest.

Neil Young, Arcade Fire, Barenaked Ladies, and Our Lady Peace are actually the only ones that mean anything to me. And I notice you’ve conveniently left out Justin Bieber and Celine Dion.

(By the way, I’ll be like this about Canada for a few days. I don’t really hate Canada, but I’m pretty mad at them right now.)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690