The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 308 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
20 February 2014
2.27pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

meanmistermustard said
UK Mens Curling Team are into the Final, Women's Team are playing in the Bronze Play-off. So expect total overreaction if the men win and total overreaction if the women lose by some sections of the universe.

Wise observation, there. I thought it was usually only women that noticed things like that.

Congrats, Ahhh Girl, on passing that level. Now fingers crossed for the next two. It sounds like you're quietly confident? heartheart

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

20 February 2014
2.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5536

fabfouremily said

Congrats, Ahhh Girl, on passing that level. Now fingers crossed for the next two. It sounds like you're quietly confident? heartheart

I am. But, one never knows until all the forms are signed. So, thanks for the crossed fingers.

20 February 2014
3.51pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10409

GB Women's Team won the Curling Bronze Medals.

The UK medal tally will now match their highest amount won since 1924 (taking into account the GB Male Curling Team is guaranteed at least Silver). Quite something - until you find the number is 4.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
20 February 2014
4.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1838

Anyone here a fan of Terry Gilliam?
A person I know is conducting a fan Q&A with Terry tomorrow and if you PM/posts question(s) to me within the next hour and a half I'll see if Terry will answer them :)

You can ask him a question on any topic Monty Python, Don Quixote, renouncing his American citizenship whatever but I'd say you get bonus points if it's about his newest film "The Zero Theorem".

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
20 February 2014
4.58pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

The UK medal tally will now match their highest amount won since 1924 (taking into account the GB Male Curling Team is guaranteed at least Silver). Quite something - until you find the number is 4.

Well, we're only a small nation. Though I suppose Holland is, too. Okay, so that doesn't really work....

How much of the Oylmpics is left now?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

20 February 2014
5.21pm
meanmistermustard

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

Well, we're only a small nation. Though I suppose Holland is, too. Okay, so that doesn't really work....

How much of the Oylmpics is left now?

I think it finishes on Friday - nope its Sunday 23rd February. 

Out of sheer ignorance what happens to all that Russia built for hosting it? Will it be as memorable and lasting as the legacy from the UK Olympics in 2012 which is either going splendidly or not so well depending on your source of information.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
20 February 2014
9.32pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said 

My work promotion passed one more level - the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Two more levels to go: the university president then the state board of regents.

Getting promoted in BB Land, and in real life! Excellent job.

Keep your fingers crossed for me on the work promotion if you would, Faceo. I've worked with the man who is president now. I'm fairly certain he will pass me for promotion. I haven't gotten on the bad side of any of the regents so I shouldn't have a problem there.

Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, and every other crossable body part are crossed.

Oh and FFE, they end Sunday with the hockey gold medal game. I'm sick (a-hard-days-night-george-10) tomorrow, to watch the semifinals

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
20 February 2014
10.03pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Ah, okay. Not much chance of us suddenly doing really well and coming out top then?

20 February 2014
11.41pm
meanmistermustard

fabfouremily said
Ah, okay. Not much chance of us suddenly doing really well and coming out top then?

The Russian Government could go loopy and ban everyone else for some insanely petty reason. Its not that daft a scenario really, a few bribes here and there and its sorted.

Get well soon Faceo from your 4 hour bug that you somehow knew was coming well in advance and amazingly at the same time that the hockey match is on. 

21 February 2014
12.05am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

The Russian Government could go loopy and ban everyone else for some insanely petty reason. Its not that daft a scenario really, a few bribes here and there and its sorted.

Get well soon Faceo from your 4 hour bug that you somehow knew was coming well in advance and amazingly at the same time that the hockey match is on. 

I know, it's a remarkable coincidence. 

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
21 February 2014
12.34am
meanmistermustard

Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman's Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

21 February 2014
1.42am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman's Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

21 February 2014
2.16am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1957

meanmistermustard said

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today...  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn't take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can't wait for the men's game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here...  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
3.20am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today...  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn't take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can't wait for the men's game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here...  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

We'll see who's laughing as Crosby gets a nice shiny bronze medal around his neck...

21 February 2014
4.44am
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 966

I don't think I've posted outside of the "listening to" thread in awhile.  How is everybody doing?

I'm alright, I guess.  I got really irritated today.  I was playing "I'll Follow The Sun" on guitar and I broke the B string.  What's unfortunate about it for me is that I don't have a spare set of strings at the moment and I don't know where the nearest place to buy them is to this small college town.  Otherwise, my day was fine.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
21 February 2014
4.56am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Necko said
I don't think I've posted outside of the "listening to" thread in awhile.  How is everybody doing?

I'm alright, I guess.  I got really irritated today.  I was playing "I'll Follow The Sun" on guitar and I broke the B string.  What's unfortunate about it for me is that I don't have a spare set of strings at the moment and I don't know where the nearest place to buy them is to this small college town.  Otherwise, my day was fine.

Question, why do you not have an avatar? Just curious. 

And that sucks about the string. I play bass, so the strings don't break very easily, I've never actually had to replace one. 

21 February 2014
5.03am
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 966

Can't think of one, honestly.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
21 February 2014
6.09am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1957

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said

We'll see who's laughing as Crosby gets a nice shiny bronze medal around his neck...

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
11.04am
meanmistermustard

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Not my fault your Ice Hockey team blew it.a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-john-6 

Plus i'm a Scotland fan, if any country excels at glorious failure its us, i'm surprised we haven't copyrighted the term and use it as our Country's motto. 

21 February 2014
4.56pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5508

Posted as FB:

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Mr. Kite, Sugarplum fairy
61 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10409

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5536

parlance: 5508

Annadog40: 4751

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4555

Mr. Kite: 4307

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2685

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3146

Newest Members: phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5536, meanmistermustard: 10409, Zig: 4555, Joe: 3497

Administrators: Joe: 3497, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None