Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
20 February 2014
4.15pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6141sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone here a fan of Terry Gilliam?
A person I know is conducting a fan Q&A with Terry tomorrow and if you PM/posts question(s) to me within the next hour and a half I’ll see if Terry will answer them :)

You can ask him a question on any topic Monty Python, Don Quixote, renouncing his American citizenship whatever but I’d say you get bonus points if it’s about his newest film “The Zero Theorem”.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

20 February 2014
4.58pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6142sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
GB Women’s Team won the Curling Bronze Medals.

The UK medal tally will now match their highest amount won since 1924 (taking into account the GB Male Curling Team is guaranteed at least Silver). Quite something – until you find the number is 4.

Well, we’re only a small nation. Though I suppose Holland is, too. Okay, so that doesn’t really work….

How much of the Oylmpics is left now?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 February 2014
5.21pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
6143sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said
GB Women’s Team won the Curling Bronze Medals.

The UK medal tally will now match their highest amount won since 1924 (taking into account the GB Male Curling Team is guaranteed at least Silver). Quite something – until you find the number is 4.

Well, we’re only a small nation. Though I suppose Holland is, too. Okay, so that doesn’t really work….

How much of the Oylmpics is left now?

I think it finishes on Friday – nope its Sunday 23rd February. 

Out of sheer ignorance what happens to all that Russia built for hosting it? Will it be as memorable and lasting as the legacy from the UK Olympics in 2012 which is either going splendidly or not so well depending on your source of information.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 February 2014
9.32pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said 

My work promotion passed one more level – the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Two more levels to go: the university president then the state board of regents.

Getting promoted in BB Land, and in real life! Excellent job.

Keep your fingers crossed for me on the work promotion if you would, Faceo. I’ve worked with the man who is president now. I’m fairly certain he will pass me for promotion. I haven’t gotten on the bad side of any of the regents so I shouldn’t have a problem there.

Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, and every other crossable body part are crossed.

Oh and FFE, they end Sunday with the hockey gold medal game. I’m sick (a-hard-days-night-george-10) tomorrow, to watch the semifinals

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

20 February 2014
10.03pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6145sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, okay. Not much chance of us suddenly doing really well and coming out top then?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 February 2014
11.41pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6146sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Ah, okay. Not much chance of us suddenly doing really well and coming out top then?

The Russian Government could go loopy and ban everyone else for some insanely petty reason. Its not that daft a scenario really, a few bribes here and there and its sorted.

Get well soon Faceo from your 4 hour bug that you somehow knew was coming well in advance and amazingly at the same time that the hockey match is on. 

getwell46.gifImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 February 2014
12.05am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6147sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said

The Russian Government could go loopy and ban everyone else for some insanely petty reason. Its not that daft a scenario really, a few bribes here and there and its sorted.

Get well soon Faceo from your 4 hour bug that you somehow knew was coming well in advance and amazingly at the same time that the hockey match is on. 

getwell46.gifImage Enlarger

I know, it’s a remarkable coincidence. 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

21 February 2014
12.34am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman ‘s Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

21 February 2014
1.42am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6149sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Just saw the news that the Canadian Woman ‘s Ice Hockey team were 2-0 down in the third (why is it split into thirds?) against the US with 3 minutes 30 seconds remaining, equalised with 55 seconds to go, and won in overtime sealing their fourth Gold medal in a row. Fantastic comeback.

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

21 February 2014
2.16am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

meanmistermustard said

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today…  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn’t take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can’t wait for the men’s game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here…  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
3.20am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6151sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said

SO PROUD!!!  That game was fantastic!  We had it on at work today…  Same will go for tomorrow.

The American team didn’t take it too gracefully.  One one or two of them forced a smile, the rest had a scowl on their face while receiving their medals. a-hard-days-night-paul-11  

Come on now, no one likes a sore loser!  Can’t wait for the men’s game tomorrow!  (Sorry to the Americans on here…  Nothing personal, we just love kicking your ass at hockey!  a-hard-days-night-george-10heart)

We’ll see who’s laughing as Crosby gets a nice shiny bronze medal around his neck…

21 February 2014
4.44am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
6152sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t think I’ve posted outside of the “listening to” thread in awhile.  How is everybody doing?

I’m alright, I guess.  I got really irritated today.  I was playing “I’ll Follow The Sun ” on guitar and I broke the B string.  What’s unfortunate about it for me is that I don’t have a spare set of strings at the moment and I don’t know where the nearest place to buy them is to this small college town.  Otherwise, my day was fine.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

21 February 2014
4.56am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6153sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
I don’t think I’ve posted outside of the “listening to” thread in awhile.  How is everybody doing?

I’m alright, I guess.  I got really irritated today.  I was playing “I’ll Follow The Sun ” on guitar and I broke the B string.  What’s unfortunate about it for me is that I don’t have a spare set of strings at the moment and I don’t know where the nearest place to buy them is to this small college town.  Otherwise, my day was fine.

Question, why do you not have an avatar? Just curious. 

And that sucks about the string. I play bass, so the strings don’t break very easily, I’ve never actually had to replace one. 

21 February 2014
5.03am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
6154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Can’t think of one, honestly.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

21 February 2014
6.09am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
6155sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said

We’ll see who’s laughing as Crosby gets a nice shiny bronze medal around his neck…

yJH_pA.gifImage Enlarger

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

21 February 2014
11.04am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

meanmistermustard said

a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Not my fault your Ice Hockey team blew it.a-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-john-6 

Plus i’m a Scotland fan, if any country excels at glorious failure its us, i’m surprised we haven’t copyrighted the term and use it as our Country’s motto. 

21 February 2014
4.56pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
6157sp_Permalink sp_Print

Posted as FB:

1911648_10151846114296901_1133420307_n.jpgImage Enlarger

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

21 February 2014
6.58pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
6158sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

meanmistermustard said

^^^^What she said!  apple01a-hard-days-night-john-1

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

21 February 2014
7.16pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
6159sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats Canada! apple01apple01apple01

Since we got to keep Bieber for…now. Let’s think of a place to ship him to….I choose Antarctica. 

21 February 2014
8.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6160sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have got 5 old mobile phones and what seems like 45,873 chargers yet its impossible to create one working mobile out of it all (not for me thankfully). Surely it would be better for the planet if all of these parts (battery, charger etc) were universal so all this garbage didn’t accumulate every time you had to get a new phone. Do the designers sit down for meetings where they spent 5 weeks coming up with a new design for their next phone which is elephant shaped just so folk have to go out and buy another one if they lose it or it breaks?

I would say well done Canada for the Ice Hockey victory over the US in today’s semi-final but you beat the GB Men and Woman at Curling so a-hard-days-night-paul-11. There’s being good and just being greedy.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690