The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 305 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
16 February 2014
10.14pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17165
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Elise Christie, a Scottish speed skater who was disqualified twice from races. 

From pathetic internet and mobile trolls, nobodies too afraid to say it to their victims face(s) so they hide behind keyboards and devices.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
17 February 2014
1.12am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10759
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
6093sp_Permalink

I got a new purse. It had me at strawberry. I'll be singing "Strawberry Fields Forever" a lot in the coming days. It is a Lulu Guinness, but it is from her JCPenney collection so it isn't nearly as expensive as the ones I'm seeing on her website.

1661149_10151915284120779_773098871_n.jpgImage Enlarger

17 February 2014
2.17am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4951
6096sp_Permalink

Interesting fact time. Lulu Guinness married into THE Guinness family. This means, indirectly, she is related to Tara Browne, who was the "lucky man who made the grade" and "blew his mind out in a car" in A Day In The Life according to John. One of her two daughters is named Tara, surely no coincidence.

I think, it the UK, that would be a handbag!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

17 February 2014
2.23am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10759
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
6097sp_Permalink

mja6758 said
Interesting fact time. Lulu Guinness married into THE Guinness family. This means, indirectly, she is related to Tara Browne, who was the "lucky man who made the grade" and "blew his mind out in a car" in 
A Day In The Life according to John. One of her two daughters is named Tara, surely no coincidence.

I think, it the UK, that would be a handbag!

Cool connection. Thanks, mja!

17 February 2014
4.03am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2847

(This signature brought to you by Spaghetti Tuesdays. Occurring on Wednesdays since 2013.)

17 February 2014
4.20am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1927
6099sp_Permalink

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Did anyone see the skiing in the Olympics?

Miller won the bronze medal and then the reporter wouldn't shut up about his dead brother until he broke down. It was horrible and disgraceful and pathetic and about every other negative thing you could say. And the worst part is that it was on a 9-hour delay, so they could have cut it out, but they didn't.

EDIT: Still no video, but here's a transcript. Disgusting stuff.

I haven't watched the Olympics this year. I guess I'm more of a Summer Olympic person.

How awful for a the reporter to do such a thing! Some people's children I swear!  

17 February 2014
10.35am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17165
6100sp_Permalink

Sky999 said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Did anyone see the skiing in the Olympics?

Miller won the bronze medal and then the reporter wouldn't shut up about his dead brother until he broke down. It was horrible and disgraceful and pathetic and about every other negative thing you could say. And the worst part is that it was on a 9-hour delay, so they could have cut it out, but they didn't.

EDIT: Still no video, but here's a transcript. Disgusting stuff.

I haven't watched the Olympics this year. I guess I'm more of a Summer Olympic person.

How awful for a the reporter to do such a thing! Some people's children I swear!  

Whilst the Christin Cooper should have stopped earlier Miller brought it up and i agree with a tweet Miller posted - "My emotions were very raw, she asked the questions that every interviewer would have, pushing is part of it, she wasnt trying to cause pain." Nearly all journalists would have continued as they are looking for the emotion behind the story, at times more for the emotion nowadays. I don't like how its going that way however. There was an interview with a farmer's wife on the BBC News last Friday afternoon and she was talking about how they were maybe going to have to think of a career move if things don't improve over the next couple of years for them due to the weather, economy etc. At one point the interviewer said to the lady "and i can see a tear on your cheek, its obviously affecting you" to which she laughingly replied "no, its the rain". He then made a joke out of it which is fair enough, what else could he do?

The reporting of the floods and the sound bites by the public has, at times, been dreadful. 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Zig, Necko, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Merch, ewe2, Silly Girl, natureaker
69 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17152

Ahhh Girl: 10758

Annadog40: 9762

Zig: 7561

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5829