Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
16 February 2014
9.38pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6081sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh dear, ffe! We have two medals, and neither in ice-skating. Jenny Jones got a bronze in the snowboard slopestyle. The first ever medal for the UK on the snow. Lizzie Yarnold got gold in the skeleton, following her landlady Amy Williams’ success in the same discipline 4 years ago. Still, not 17! But not bad!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 February 2014
9.41pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960
6082sp_Permalink sp_Print

I follow a little bit of it (the Olympics); the curling (the GB team is Scottish, well the female certainly and i think the mens is too, so there is that interest level) and the ice-hockey can be very good to watch. I thought the GB Gold was in some sort of sled/tray thing which you hurl down some circuit head first at silly speeds, but the overkill in the media puts me off and i lose interest quickly so it could very well be ice-skating – i have no idea.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 February 2014
9.41pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6083sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, okay, don’t be mean to me. I did say I hadn’t watched any of it. I just heard something on the news about us winning something…

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 February 2014
9.46pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6084sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well i got it wrong too. Every time i put on the GB team we are either being disqualified (some Scottish lass in a skating sprint thingy – the cyber bullying she is getting is a disgrace and the people who did it should get hammered by the law), finishing four after getting overtaken by an Italian (some snow thing) or just losing. 

I can’t say i care too much about Team GB.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 February 2014
9.48pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6085sp_Permalink sp_Print

Who’s being cyber-bullied, mmm? I haven’t heard anything about that.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 February 2014
10.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Elise Christie, a Scottish speed skater who was disqualified twice from races. 

From pathetic internet and mobile trolls, nobodies too afraid to say it to their victims face(s) so they hide behind keyboards and devices.

16 February 2014
11.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6087sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m home (yay!)
Well that was a complete waste of my time :/ They could have done a 2 hour course instead of stretching it over the weekend but (hopefully) I’ll get a job out of it.
The course consisted of:
Rules (what ever you do, don’t put a finger on the students, if the student has fallen let another student pick them up, right…)
Irish dancing (The same dance about 10 times, fun)
Sleeping in the coldest room known to man kind (I was in a sleeping bag, with pyjamas, bed socks and a bed robe on and I was still freezing)
An interview
Eating loads of food

I’m starting work experience tomorrow at my old primary school because I’m on midterm break now so that should be interesting :D

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

16 February 2014
11.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

AppleScruffJunior said
I’m home (yay!)
Well that was a complete waste of my time :/ They could have done a 2 hour course instead of stretching it over the weekend but (hopefully) I’ll get a job out of it.
The course consisted of:
Rules (what ever you do, don’t put a finger on the students, if the student has fallen let another student pick them up, right…)
Irish dancing (The same dance about 10 times, fun)
Sleeping in the coldest room known to man kind (I was in a sleeping bag, with pyjamas, bed socks and a bed robe on and I was still freezing)
An interview
Eating loads of food

I’m starting work experience tomorrow at my old primary school because I’m on midterm break now so that should be interesting :D

Good to hear you got back and safely.

How were the folk who went as the weekend went by? Did the silent girl come out of her shell? I do hope so. These trips away can be very daunting for some.

Aren’t things like that you went on generally made to last a weekend when they could take 2 hours? Maybe its to prepare you for work when you have to suffer 5 hour team meetings which could have been done in 30 seconds.

16 February 2014
11.35pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6089sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was about 50 of us on the bus and 300 people there in total so I think she met up with some of her friends.
I know, tell me about it- I wanted to get out of the place at 8pm on the Saturday, it was boring me so much. But, alas walking home in the wind and rain for 7 hours wouldn’t be the nicest thing me thinks and knowing me I’d get lost :/ I also got looks of disapproval when I told them I wasn’t going to a meet-up in early March, feck off I’m going to see ‘The Producers’ that day!
As the days go by I swear I’m becoming a Mean Ms. Mustard
Now where the hell did I leave my ten bob note?

17 February 2014
12.01am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6090sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
There was about 50 of us on the bus and 300 people there in total so I think she met up with some of her friends.
I know, tell me about it- I wanted to get out of the place at 8pm on the Saturday, it was boring me so much. But, alas walking home in the wind and rain for 7 hours wouldn’t be the nicest thing me thinks and knowing me I’d get lost :/ I also got looks of disapproval when I told them I wasn’t going to a meet-up in early March, feck off I’m going to see ‘The Producers’ that day!
As the days go by I swear I’m becoming a Mean Ms. Mustard
Now where the hell did I leave my ten bob note?

Quite right. Far better to stay in the dry and withstand the surroundings that get soaked and blown to the next county. You were assertive and confident in yourself and your convictions and able to not bow to pressure from others. Very good skills for your CV.

17 February 2014
12.10am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
6091sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am going to put that down on my C.V, t’is much better then “people-person”. Of course I’m a people person, humans are meant to like being around other people (within reason of course). Who really wants to have no friends, relationships, whatever for the rest of their life? We’re not meant to be solitary beings

And now me going into tangents shows I need to go to bed so night y’all a-hard-days-night-george-10

17 February 2014
12.12am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6092sp_Permalink sp_Print

ASJ (knocks nervously on the door of the staff room): Knock! Knock! Knock!

Voice: What do you want?

ASJ: I’m doing work experience! (gulp)

Voice: Oh! You have permission to enter our secret room, wise young one! Enter!

Sweeping orchestral music plays!

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

17 February 2014
1.12am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
6093sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got a new purse. It had me at strawberry. I’ll be singing “Strawberry Fields Forever ” a lot in the coming days. It is a Lulu Guinness, but it is from her JCPenney collection so it isn’t nearly as expensive as the ones I’m seeing on her website.

1661149_10151915284120779_773098871_n.jpgImage Enlarger

17 February 2014
1.23am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6094sp_Permalink sp_Print

I won’t go and search the prices of such purses as i might cause a lot of angst here when i scream at the price. Lets just say that anything more than £20 and i’ll be horrified.

I presume there is a difference between the UK and US meanings of purse by the way as a purse in the uk is quite small, isn’t it? Glad to say i have a large knowledge vaccuum when it comes to purses.

17 February 2014
1.30am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

The purse started out as $50/£29.84.

The sign on the table where the purse was said that it was on sale. It didn’t ring up that way, but the cashier said she thought that it may should have. She went to take a look. She said it wasn’t officially, but that she would give me the discount price anyway. Lucky me. AND, I had a $10 off coupon for the store.

I ended up paying $16.24/£9.69 for it, tax included.

Yip, I’m feeling good about this purchase!

EDIT: So even if I hadn’t gotten the discount price, with my $10 off coupon, I would have only paid a slight bit more than your £ cut-off. Hope you aren’t too horrified, mmm. :-)

Purse? Handbag? UK ladies help us out.

17 February 2014
2.17am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6096sp_Permalink sp_Print

Interesting fact time. Lulu Guinness married into THE Guinness family. This means, indirectly, she is related to Tara Browne, who was the “lucky man who made the grade” and “blew his mind out in a car” in A Day In The Life  according to John. One of her two daughters is named Tara, surely no coincidence.

I think, it the UK, that would be a handbag!

17 February 2014
2.23am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6097sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Interesting fact time. Lulu Guinness married into THE Guinness family. This means, indirectly, she is related to Tara Browne, who was the “lucky man who made the grade” and “blew his mind out in a car” in A Day In The Life  according to John. One of her two daughters is named Tara, surely no coincidence.

I think, it the UK, that would be a handbag!

Cool connection. Thanks, mja!

17 February 2014
4.03am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

Did anyone see the skiing in the Olympics?

Miller won the bronze medal and then the reporter wouldn’t shut up about his dead brother until he broke down. It was horrible and disgraceful and pathetic and about every other negative thing you could say. And the worst part is that it was on a 9-hour delay, so they could have cut it out, but they didn’t.

EDIT: Still no video, but here’s a transcript. Disgusting stuff.

Finally have a video here. I’m really mad at both the interviewer and the network. Sorry for ranting here.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

17 February 2014
4.20am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
6099sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Miller won the bronze medal and then the reporter wouldn’t shut up about his dead brother until he broke down. It was horrible and disgraceful and pathetic and about every other negative thing you could say. And the worst part is that it was on a 9-hour delay, so they could have cut it out, but they didn’t.

I haven’t watched the Olympics this year. I guess I’m more of a Summer Olympic person.

How awful for a the reporter to do such a thing! Some people’s children I swear!  

17 February 2014
10.35am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6100sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

I haven’t watched the Olympics this year. I guess I’m more of a Summer Olympic person.

How awful for a the reporter to do such a thing! Some people’s children I swear!  

Whilst the Christin Cooper should have stopped earlier Miller brought it up and i agree with a tweet Miller posted – “My emotions were very raw, she asked the questions that every interviewer would have, pushing is part of it, she wasnt trying to cause pain.” Nearly all journalists would have continued as they are looking for the emotion behind the story, at times more for the emotion nowadays. I don’t like how its going that way however. There was an interview with a farmer’s wife on the BBC News last Friday afternoon and she was talking about how they were maybe going to have to think of a career move if things don’t improve over the next couple of years for them due to the weather, economy etc. At one point the interviewer said to the lady “and i can see a tear on your cheek, its obviously affecting you” to which she laughingly replied “no, its the rain”. He then made a joke out of it which is fair enough, what else could he do?

The reporting of the floods and the sound bites by the public has, at times, been dreadful. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694