Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
14 February 2014
4.05pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6061sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Ah, no it’s okay. I remember now, yes. I still don’t get what that has to do with it, though, because all that does is removes your reminder, it doesn’t mean the post is no longer ‘awaiting moderation’.

Or do you understand this? I’m sorry Ahhh Girl, it’s Friday and I’m struggling to function properly. I don’t want to sound patronizing or anything.

Oh, FFE, we all know you are a sweetheart (ala Valentine’s Day). No worries. You don’t sound patronizing.

I guess I didn’t state the situation well from the beginning. If I had left the notice at the top of my page (not clicked on the link to remove it), I would have realized that a mod hadn’t gotten to it yet. The notice goes away automatically when a mod takes care of it. I’ll leave the notices there from now on.

14 February 2014
4.12pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6062sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh okay, I understand now. Sorry, I was a bit slow to pick that up, wasn’t I? :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 February 2014
4.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6063sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Oh okay, I understand now. Sorry, I was a bit slow to pick that up, wasn’t I? :)

No, not at all, FFE. I just wasn’t clear from the get-go. Sorry to cause you any brain pain this afternoon. Hope your evening is relaxing and enjoyable.

14 February 2014
4.33pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6064sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said Oh okay, I understand now. Sorry, I was a bit slow to pick that up, wasn’t I? :)

No, not at all, FFE. I just wasn’t clear from the get-go. Sorry to cause you any brain pain this afternoon. Hope your evening is relaxing and enjoyable.  

Not to worry. You too, Ahh Girl. Doing anything for Val. Day?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 February 2014
4.46pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6065sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

fabfouremily said Oh okay, I understand now. Sorry, I was a bit slow to pick that up, wasn’t I? :)

We did the cards and candy exchange before work this morning. Yummmmm, chocolate.

14 February 2014
4.47pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6066sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

fabfouremily said

We did the cards and candy exchange before work this morning. Yummmmm, chocolate.

Ah, that’s nice. The class along from me had a cake and a mini-party during their free period :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 February 2014
5.27pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

fabfouremily said
Does anyone know if lack of sleep can make you feel sick and dizzy? I usually just get a headache, but I’ve been feeling really unwell ever since Tuesday, and the only reason for it I can think of is that I’ve only been having about 4 hours of sleep a night. Just wondered if anyone knew?

Yes it can as your body hasn’t had the necessary time to recuperate. Obviously it depends on each individual but its said that the average adult needs between 7 and 9 hours sleep per night.

Do you know why you are only sleeping 4 hours per night (too much on your place, anxiety etc)?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 February 2014
5.32pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6068sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, okay thanks. As I suspected. Yeah, I know how much I should be getting :)

Yeah, it’s a lot of things, really. I’ve suffered with insomnia for some years. And then last night/this morning I was up ’till 3am studying for an exam I had today, so I suppose it all adds up in the end.

Can’t remember the last time I felt so glad to reach Friday!

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 February 2014
5.47pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6069sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Ah, okay thanks. As I suspected. Yeah, I know how much I should be getting :)

Yeah, it’s a lot of things, really. I’ve suffered with insomnia for some years. And then last night/this morning I was up ’till 3am studying for an exam I had today, so I suppose it all adds up in the end.

Can’t remember the last time I felt so glad to reach Friday!

Here’s hoping you get caught up with sleep over the weekend. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 February 2014
7.16pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6070sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Thanks, mmm apple01 I hope so too.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 February 2014
10.58am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6071sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m on a bus atm going to a weekend course/workshop. There are loads of people around me talking but a silent girl next to me who basically refuses to say anything but just looks at her bottle.I believe “alone in a roomful of people” is a suitable phrase :/

This is going to be a long weekend…

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

15 February 2014
12.43pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6072sp_Permalink sp_Print

What’s the workshop? Sounds fun.

You should speak to that girl, she’s probably just a bit shy. She’d most likely appreciate it, you know.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 February 2014
11.37am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Watching a US news clip for the 50th US anniversary and some Beatles expert has put a book out of their top 50 moments where one of them was Imagine

Surely Imagine doesn’t count?

16 February 2014
11.53am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6074sp_Permalink sp_Print

No, Imagine does not count. It gets on my nerves so much when people say that Imagine ‘s their favourite Beatles song (which I hear a lot). Aghh!!

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 February 2014
12.25pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6075sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Watching a US news clip for the 50th US anniversary and some Beatles expert has put a book out of their top 50 moments where one of them was Imagine

Yep, more fodder for the “Things fake Beatles fans say” thread.

16 February 2014
2.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6076sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Yep, more fodder for the “Things fake Beatles fans say” thread.

He’s not a fake fan, just stupid for including a ex-Beatles solo effort where it shouldn’t be. It bugs the living daylights out of me when folk say Imagine is their favourite, or one of their favourite Beatles songs. 

16 February 2014
2.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Ah, I see. Got it, mmm.

16 February 2014
6.22pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

I haven’t been on here for a few days so I’m seeing a lot of the last few pages only now

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words. You are just the most amazing forum-members everheart

I like how some people see me as a very ”together person”. People at school see me like that as well. It’s funny since I’m a long way from it, but it’s good to hear I come across as a calm and stable person.

Okay a whole ‘nother subject. The Olympics! 

The Netherlands are doing such a good job! I’m so proud of us. We won 17 medalles on ice-skating alone so far! It’s amazing how fast they can skate, I can’t even skate an 8 shape.

Does anyone follow the Olympics?

16 February 2014
7.03pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

Linde said
I haven’t been on here for a few days so I’m seeing a lot of the last few pages only now

I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words. You are just the most amazing forum-members everheart

I like how some people see me as a very ”together person”. People at school see me like that as well. It’s funny since I’m a long way from it, but it’s good to hear I come across as a calm and stable person.

The Netherlands are doing such a good job! I’m so proud of us. We won 17 medalles on ice-skating alone so far! It’s amazing how fast they can skate, I can’t even skate an 8 shape.

Hockey mostly (OSHIE).  My mom likes the figure skating so we’ve been watching a lot of that. Something good came out of it was that I saw a skater do a “Beatles Medley” That was pretty cool. But the only one I really watch a lot of is hockey. Right now I’m watching Canada and Finland in a very tight, good game. While practicing Paranoid Android on my bass. I can multitask. 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

16 February 2014
9.20pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6080sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Wow, 17, that’s really good. You’re doing better than we are. I haven’t watched any of it yet, though I was going to. I think we’ve won just the one medal so far (think it was ice-skating, yesterday?). I used to be able to skate really well but I haven’t been for ages.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690