Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
12 February 2014
9.41pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6021sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I like it :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

12 February 2014
11.18pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
6022sp_Permalink sp_Print

About the parents thing..I don’t look anything like my dad. Yeah, we’ve got the same toes, apparently, but nothing else. I am basically a combination of my mom and my grandma. A tip-tilted nose, quite a lot of lip, not a lot of eyelid, quite short and compact. There are a lot of pictures in which I look like my mom’s twin, and also some in which I look a lot like my grandma. My grandma and mom don’t look anything alike though. 

There’s one strange thing. I’ve got grey-greenish eyes and blonde hair, like gold colour and I’m quite pale. Everyone else in my family has brown hair and gets tan quite easily. My mom dyes her hair blonde btw.

This week hasn’t been a lot of fun. Monday was bad specifically. I won’t go in details but it sucked. Also, I failed my Law test. Which was basically the one test I hoped and expected to pass. It was a combined test, which means it was an exam with questions and the other part was a paper about a case in court. If you failed one of them, you had failed the entire thing. I passed the paper thing though. 8 out of 10. Also passed my Sociology paper. I basically had to write a plea about something of social importance and I talked about the welfare state. The assessment form was a riddle to me and I didn’t really know what I was doing and just hoped for the best, but I also got an 8 out of 10 for that so I was pleased. 

12 February 2014
11.29pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
6023sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
More Beatles spotting that doesn’t really qualify as news.

Two hours ago, the official Elvis Presley Facebook page posted this in commemoration of the first Ed Sullivan show appearance:

1655993_10152245612043792_1704155118_n.pngImage Enlarger

Hey that’s funny, that’s a Dutch newspaper!

13 February 2014
2.27am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
6024sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

fabfouremily said

Ahhh Girl said
For some topics, not like this one or the what are you eating or listening to at the moment threads, but for songs, albums, books, history etc. type comments, what are your thoughts on posting your comments in a forum thread vs posting them on one of Joe’s information/encyclopedia/main-site/topical pages?

I think that’s just for posting your thoughts on a particular thing, rather than discussing it with people (which is what this is for). That’s how I understand it, anyway.

As an aside, is there an official name for the pages/tabs/sections that are in that list beside “Fab Forum” in the black bar?

Not that I know of. Any particular reason you ask?

Let’s make one up! How about the Black Bar of Beatles Stuff. Straight and to the point

I’ve seen discussion-ish type comments on those pages. I see some names out there who also post to the forum so I was just curious about how people used them differently.

I just have seen those pages called various things, and once got some folks confused when I called them something and they didn’t understand what I was talking about. So just curious if we had a standard term to use for them.

13 February 2014
4.14am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6025sp_Permalink sp_Print

By the (pending) permission of Joe, it is the Black Bar o’ Beatles Stuff. 

Hey, Joe, does that sound good? 

or you could just say the “Gallery” section. The “Songs” section? The song page on the main site? 

Just throwing ideas out.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

13 February 2014
2.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6026sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dreamed last night that there were different words in the black bar. I can’t remember them all, but two of them were heaven and hell.

I helped a student yesterday find a book with the Poe stories and poems she wants to read. Now when I click on the quote button, I find myself saying, “Quoth the raven, ‘Nevermore.'”

13 February 2014
3.49pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
      There’s one strange thing. I’ve got grey-greenish eyes and blonde hair, like gold colour and I’m quite pale. Everyone else in my family has     brown hair and gets tan quite easily. My mom dyes her hair blonde btw.

Same with me. I don’t know where I get my ”colours” from because every one else has dark hair and eyes, particularly on my paternal side (they’re Welsh, and have mostly black hair).

This week hasn’t been a lot of fun. Monday was bad specifically. I won’t go in details but it sucked. Also, I failed my Law test. Which was basically the one test I hoped and expected to pass. It was a combined test, which means it was an exam with questions and the other part was a paper about a case in court. If you failed one of them, you had failed the entire thing. I passed the paper thing though. 8 out of 10. Also passed my Sociology paper. I basically had to write a plea about something of social importance and I talked about the welfare state. The assessment form was a riddle to me and I didn’t really know what I was doing and just hoped for the best, but I also got an 8 out of 10 for that so I was pleased. 

Sorry to hear that, Linde. Will there be a re-sit on the Law one? apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

13 February 2014
6.10pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
6028sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep, within 5 weeks! And I’ll just nail it. I have to! I want to get all 60 points and not just the 48 you need to get through to the second year. I want to get my first year certificate!

Today I had my first Philosophy class. I LOVE IT! What an awesome subject. So interesting, and the teacher just did it so well and in a comical way. 

13 February 2014
6.14pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
6029sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Today I had my first Philosophy class. I LOVE IT! What an awesome subject. So interesting, and the teacher just did it so well and in a comical way. 

I’m glad you enjoy it! That was my major in college the first time around.

Best of luck on your law exam!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

13 February 2014
6.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
6030sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck on your resit Linde. We’re all wishing you on. Hope your week has gotten better as the days have passed.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 February 2014
8.34pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members

Holy shit.

I just realized I’ve written mostly about school and negative stuff lately. I’m so sorry, I’ve never been like this before. Usually I’m happy and busy with a lot of things, I swear.

It’s just that my parents have major financial problems and fight a lot. To add up to that my grandma has numerous tumours in her neck/cheek and both social life as work aren’t going to great and now I start to notice the effect it’s starting to have on my schoolwork. And all of that brings a lot of stress, which makes me gain a lot of weight and becoming unsatisfied with myself as a person, both on the in and outside. That’s not an excuse, I know, but it may help people understand why I may be a bit moody at times. I don’t mean to! So so so sorry.

I also hope I didn’t come across too much as a very self absorbed person. I hate those people.

13 February 2014
8.43pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6032sp_Permalink sp_Print

Apologies unnecessary.

Nice that you feel able to let off steam with us.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

13 February 2014
9.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
6033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Holy shit.

I just realized I’ve written mostly about school and negative stuff lately. I’m so sorry, I’ve never been like this before. Usually I’m happy and busy with a lot of things, I swear.

It’s just that my parents have major financial problems and fight a lot. To add up to that my grandma has numerous tumours in her neck/cheek and both social life as work aren’t going to great and now I start to notice the effect it’s starting to have on my schoolwork. And all of that brings a lot of stress, which makes me gain a lot of weight and becoming unsatisfied with myself as a person, both on the in and outside. That’s not an excuse, I know, but it may help people understand why I may be a bit moody at times. I don’t mean to! So so so sorry.

I also hope I didn’t come across too much as a very self absorbed person. I hate those people.

The aim of here is to have a place you can scream if and when required. Far better to say you’ve had a shit week/time than pretend otherwise. Just hope it gets better for you in the very near future.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 February 2014
9.14pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6034sp_Permalink sp_Print

I concur with mja. We are here for you. You’ve proven yourself so many times over that you are a wonderful person. We heart you. So, you know our shoulders are here for you to lean on when you need us. Sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. Here’s a virtual hand to hold for a moment of peace and fellowship.

holding-hands%2B1.jpgImage Enlarger

13 February 2014
9.16pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6035sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s absolutely no need to apologise, Linde. If coming on here helps you in any small way then that can only be a good thing. I’m very sorry you’re having a hard time recently. heart

Linde said
Yep, within 5 weeks! And I’ll just nail it. I have to! I want to get all 60 points and not just the 48 you need to get through to the second year. I want to get my first year certificate!

Best of luck with it! I actually have a Philosophy exam tomorrow :/, which I’m doing final revision for now. I enjoy it, too, though I didn’t realise how confused I was going to get when studying! If you like it, though, then you should be fine.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

13 February 2014
9.46pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6036sp_Permalink sp_Print

For you Linde. It’s what just popped up on my music player.

13 February 2014
10.05pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6037sp_Permalink sp_Print

Could the Scottish please deposit their Sterling currency here if they leave the United Kingdom!

http://www.chilterncentre.org.uk/wp-content/uploads//2012/10/the-chiltern-centre-collection-boxes.jpgImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-george-10

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

13 February 2014
10.08pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

mja6758 said
Could the Scottish please deposit their Sterling currency here if they leave the United Kingdom!

http://www.chilterncentre.org.uk/wp-content/uploads//2012/10/the-chiltern-centre-collection-boxes.jpgImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-george-10

You keep the currency and the National Debt and we will keep our oil and waterheart.

13 February 2014
10.20pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
6039sp_Permalink sp_Print

Happy to give you back the Royal Bank of Scotland, after we have been repaid.

Should a share of the national debt not be taken on by Scotland following a Yes vote, Scotland would face problems borrowing.

You may have noticed, we actually have a little too much water!

I just don’t get why we would agree a currency union when so many here refuse the idea of one, and why the Scots would vote for independence from the rest of the United Kingdom and at the same time give up many of their financial levers to remain a part of the pound!

Seems to me, one way or another! I just hate the SNP assumption that they can pick and choose. Why would the UK agree to be the lender of last resort to an independent country? We have turned down one monetary union (the euro) why would we agree to a Sterling zone?

13 February 2014
10.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

The answer to all questions is that Salmond is very convincing and a fabulous politicial but a prat, tho saying that so are Cameron & Clegg whilst Miliband is a grade A pillock. I’m currently in the no camp.

Interesting that England generally mock Scotland for getting the rain yet its the South who are drowning. Horrible being affected by it tho – and with more to come tomorrow.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694