Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
10 February 2014
5.29pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
6001sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ That’s going to be in my head all day.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

10 February 2014
5.30pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
6002sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, I bet. I was trying to sleep at 3am this morning and that’s all I could think!

Sorry about that.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

10 February 2014
5.54pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
6003sp_Permalink sp_Print

There was a great bit on The Last Leg (C4) on Friday, where Adam Hills does a rant about the programme being warned by the security services a while back for offending Putin. And then turning on the telly and seeing Gay Mountain. He’s all, “What are you doing to us, Channel Four!!!? Trying to get us killed!” And then they finished the show with a live rendition.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

10 February 2014
7.53pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6004sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve only watched that programme a few times, but Hills is really funny. I know C4 have done things like this in the past, things that maybe other channels wouldn’t (they’ve had a Sex season, Gay season, etc.). I admire it.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 February 2014
10.54am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

The death of Shirley Temple has just been announced. A legend of the 20th century. Someone remembered mainly for her childhood, she went on to have a very important role with the UN as an adult.

A remarkable woman who contributed much, and did something useful with her fame when she got involved with the UN. She was one of the first to become a UN ambassador, and look at all those that do similar now. She never shouted about her work though.

RIP Shirley!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 February 2014
11.03am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
6006sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the news about Shirley Temple, mja.

My mum tells me how the older children in the neighboorhood where we lived when I was very young called me Shirley Temple because of all my curls.

Her’s was one of the handprints and signatures in front of the Chinese theater that I specifically looked for when I visited Hollywood.

11 February 2014
3.30pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

Ahhh Girl said

My mum tells me how the older children in the neighboorhood where we lived when I was very young called me Shirley Temple because of all my curls.

Her’s was one of the handprints and signatures in front of the Chinese theater that I specifically looked for when I visited Hollywood.

I too got called Shirley Temple as a child due to my blonde, very curly hair. I loved her movies growing up. Classy lady, unlike the usual child stars. 

RIP Shirley Temple 

tumblr_n0u7e3Ahln1sjk469o1_500.jpgImage Enlarger

11 February 2014
4.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6008sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

I too got called Shirley Temple as a child due to my blonde, very curly hair. I loved her movies growing up. Classy lady, unlike the usually child stars. 

RIP Shirley Temple 

tumblr_n0u7e3Ahln1sjk469o1_500.jpgImage Enlarger

Amen, Sky999! The child “stars” of today (and their parents) need to sit up and take notice of Temple’s classiness.

11 February 2014
4.10pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6009sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, look what’s happened to Miley Cyrus….

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 February 2014
8.21pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6010sp_Permalink sp_Print

+3 to being a person who was called Shirley Temple, except I have brown curly hair (same as my mam actually).

Interesting fact: I am a carbon copy of my mam, if you placed a picture of my mam next to a picture of me even I wouldn’t be able to tell who was who :P

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 February 2014
8.41pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6011sp_Permalink sp_Print

Interesting fact: I am a carbon copy of my mam, if you placed a picture of my mam next to a picture of me even I wouldn’t be able to tell who was who

That’s me and my mom. Both have blonde hair (mine natural, hers not!), light eyes, pale skin… We both look Swedish, actually. People usually think I’m Scandinavian.  We even sound the same and have some of the same mannerisms. It’s scary sometimes.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 February 2014
8.49pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
6012sp_Permalink sp_Print

Emily are you the English mirror version of me?
I’ve been told I sound like my mam as well, which I found quite weird but anyways

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 February 2014
8.52pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6013sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Emily are you the English mirror version of me?
I’ve been told I sound like my mam as well, which I found quite weird but anyways

Well we’re completely different, but yeah… :)

So does that mean you sound like you’re in your forties (or however old your mom is), or that she sounds like she’s 16? :) No, I know what you mean.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 February 2014
11.49pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
6014sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Yeah, look what’s happened to Miley Cyrus….

Or Justin Bieber…. or Shia Lebouf.  

And on the parents thing, there’s a picture of my dad from when he was a kid where he’s on a landing on the stairs of his house.

Then there’s a picture of me from a few years ago, when I was around the age he was in the picture, on the stairs of our current house, and we look ridiculously alike.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

12 February 2014
4.03am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
6015sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve had people say I look like my mom and others say I look like my dad, so I’m guessing a combination (go figure). 

12 February 2014
5.21am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6016sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said
I’ve had people say I look like my mom and others say I look like my dad, so I’m guessing a combination (go figure). 

Wow, are people supposed to be combinations of their two parents??? I’ve never heard of such a thing. ahdn_ringo_09

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

12 February 2014
7.46am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043

IveJustSeenAFaceo said 

Sky999 said 

Wow, are people supposed to be combinations of their two parents??? I’ve never heard of such a thing. ahdn_ringo_09

*chuckles*

Pretty much the only physical characteristic that makes me resemble my mother is hair color.

My dad, on the other hand, looks exactly like an older version of me.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

12 February 2014
9.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
6018sp_Permalink sp_Print

For some topics, not like this one or the what are you eating or listening to at the moment threads, but for songs, albums, books, history etc. type comments, what are your thoughts on posting your comments in a forum thread vs posting them on one of Joe’s information/encyclopedia/main-site/topical pages?

As an aside, is there an official name for the pages/tabs/sections that are in that list beside “Fab Forum” in the black bar?

12 February 2014
9.26pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
6019sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
For some topics, not like this one or the what are you eating or listening to at the moment threads, but for songs, albums, books, history etc. type comments, what are your thoughts on posting your comments in a forum thread vs posting them on one of Joe’s information/encyclopedia/main-site/topical pages?

I think that’s just for posting your thoughts on a particular thing, rather than discussing it with people (which is what this is for). That’s how I understand it, anyway.

As an aside, is there an official name for the pages/tabs/sections that are in that list beside “Fab Forum” in the black bar?

Not that I know of. Any particular reason you ask?

(Passover - I. Curtis)

12 February 2014
9.37pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
6020sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Ahhh Girl said

I think that’s just for posting your thoughts on a particular thing, rather than discussing it with people (which is what this is for). That’s how I understand it, anyway.

Not that I know of. Any particular reason you ask?

Let’s make one up! How about the Black Bar of Beatles Stuff. Straight and to the point

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2857
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690