Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 February 2014
4.08pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5901sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

parlance

parlance the James Bond villain. “excellent, excellent, Scandal is good this week”

Ha, that would work better with the older cat. She’s a Maine Coon mix, mega fuzzy.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

5 February 2014
11.20pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842

I’m just watching this, I’m 10 minutes in, and have I ever mentioned how incredible Paul is. He’s a genius. And brilliant. And hilarious. And every other good thing you could say about a person. Wow. 

Edit: On the part with Michelle , the president’s singing and everything. He just has the ability to make anyone happy, it’s incredible. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..fSW8#t=262

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

6 February 2014
2.07am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
5903sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s something that’s been bothering me since the I first saw a video of Paul live. 

Why on earth does he have a Detroit Red Wings logo on his acoustic guitar?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

6 February 2014
1.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5904sp_Permalink sp_Print

On another thread when mmm said for the heart of apple01‘s, how many of you went down this road with me?

for the heart of pete-best

6 February 2014
8.19pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5905sp_Permalink sp_Print

So… my grandad probaly has Alzheimer’s disease. We’ve kind of known there’s a problem, but I suppose it’s become more real now he’s been given a (urgent) appointment with a neurologist.

I know he hasn’t been properly diagnosed yet, but it’s slightly overwhelming. I’m not that close to any of my family outside of my mom and sister, but it’s still upsetting to think that he may not know who I am within a few years.

Anyway, I’m on my own so I felt I had to write that out.

Hope everyone else’s week’s is going okay apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

6 February 2014
8.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5906sp_Permalink sp_Print

Came upon this is Google images when looking for something else. Anyone seen them before? I was expecting a bit more bludgeoning and murder in the cartoon, surely Katy would suggest The Little Mermaid and then Maxwell thumps her brains all over the video store walls? He’s a psychopath who happily whips his hammer out at a moments insanity. Can only thing he is on medication to control his murdering tendencies?ahdn_paul_01

Maxwell_Silver_Hammer_Lineup_1_by_jbwarner86.pngImage Enlarger

Maxwell_Silver_Hammer_1_21_90_by_jbwarner86.pngImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 February 2014
8.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

fabfouremily said
So… my grandad probaly has Alzheimer’s disease. We’ve kind of known there’s a problem, but I suppose it’s become more real now he’s been given a (urgent) appointment with a neurologist.

I know he hasn’t been properly diagnosed yet, but it’s slightly overwhelming. I’m not that close to any of my family outside of my mom and sister, but it’s still upsetting to think that he may not know who I am within a few years.

I don’t know what to say. Can only hope that the results after the appointment with the neurologist are very positive and its not Alzeimers. 

Not that it helps much but the method i’ve taken when hearing bad news of family health-wise (been far too much over the last 2 years) is to try and forget about it until the results are in and then deal with the outcome as and when required. Not easy but worrying and dwelling won’t change it (and i don’t mean that empty and cold-heartedly, its just something that i’ve had to realise).   

Sending positive thoughts (not that they do much). I’d suggest doing something positive and fun to take your mind off it. 

heart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 February 2014
8.50pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5908sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

I’ve lost a Grandmother, an Aunt and a very dear friend of the mine to this cursed disease. I wish your family the best of luck when he goes to his appointment. If it ends up being Alzheimer’s, my best advice is to deal with him employing much love and even more patience.

If I can lend any other guidance, please feel free to reach out – two shoulders, no waiting.

apple01heart

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

6 February 2014
9.04pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5909sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Been there before. Grandpa had it, and the last time I saw him before he passed away, he didn’t know who I was. And no matter the best intentions of people, nothing can be said that will make the situation any better. I hate that for you. heart

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

6 February 2014
9.22pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
5910sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

That’s horrible. I don’t even know what to say. My sympathies.heart

6 February 2014
10.07pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5911sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

That’s such horrible news! I’m kind of speechless. 

Even though you weren’t very close to him, it’s okay to be upset. You’ve got every right to be. Losing someone, in every sense of that word in some way, to Alzheimer’s is always hard (losing someone in general of course too. But that’s not what this is about). 

Just good luck on the appointment, and remember we’re all here for you in these difficult times. My thoughts are with you and your familyheart

7 February 2014
1.34am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

FFE, if that is his diagnosis, go to the library and check out a couple of memoirs by people who have loved their loved ones through this phase of their life. Hopefully you will gain some insight and comfort from them.

Call me slow, but I just put these two things together: wetsroosa’s one-sided Jon-conversation avatar and the fact that I can only see one side of that one PM conversation with him. Spooky odd.

7 February 2014
2.34am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5913sp_Permalink sp_Print

Leonard Nimoy has lung disease and is urging his twitter followers to stop smoking now, well the ones who do obviously, before it is too late.

Never been a fan of Star Trek but he was an excellent guest murderer in Columbo (‘A Stitch in Time&#39a-hard-days-night-george-10, one of the best.

7 February 2014
3.13am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5914sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I’m 64.

It was ’64.

A stub of a forming thought.

7 February 2014
9.33am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5915sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the support, everyone, you’re all very kind. It’s times like these I’m glad I came across this place. heart

Ahh Girl, I read a book in the summer about a woman who has it and her family. It was a sad read, and now it just scares me to think he might get like that, too. I will get another one once we have some more news, though (maybe more of a help guide sort of book?)

I am trying to stop thinking about it as I know it’ll do no good. Easier said than done, though.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 February 2014
12.56pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5916sp_Permalink sp_Print

@FFE, yes, good thinking about getting a well-researched guide book. That makes me very proud of you! I’m sure your librarian can help you select a good one, if that is his diagnosis.

7 February 2014
4.00pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5917sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
@FFE, yes, good thinking about getting a well-researched guide book. That makes me very proud of you! I’m sure your librarian can help you select a good one, if that is his diagnosis.

Aw, thanks Ahhh Girl :) Yeah, they’re a bit useless sometimes but I’m sure I’ll find something.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 February 2014
9.34pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5918sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats everyone, we have all won a medal

Image Enlarger

MBEs eat your heart out

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Mr. Kite, Starr Shine?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

7 February 2014
10.03pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

THERE’S THUNDER AND LIGHTNING OUTSIDE paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney *hides under duvet*

Update: It’s pouring rain and of course my room has the chimney and the patio windows….the noise is cruel!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

7 February 2014
10.38pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5920sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Congrats everyone, we have all won a medal

Image Enlarger

MBEs eat your heart out

:-)

I’ll sleep happier tonight thinking about this.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mr. Kite
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691