Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
28 January 2014
6.34am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I haven’t watched the Grammys yet, even though quite a few artists that I like performed, won something, and/or were nominated for something. 

I didn’t bring my TV to school with me this year, so that makes it kind of difficult.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

28 January 2014
5.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227

meanmistermustard said

I can see some newbie coming on, clicking this topic first and reading about the different way we count using our fingers and thumbs, and thinking we are all barmy. Some introduction to a Beatles forum.

Von Bontee said

What a bizarrely fascinating/mundane thing to be discussing. If I needed to count tens on my fingers, I would go left pinkie => right pinkie. I would hold up my four literal fingers (thumb hidden) to indicate “4” with my hand, since it seems the easiest way to do so. And for “3” I would likewise do the least difficult thing: thumb, index finger, middle finger. And until I saw “Inglourious Basterds” I had NO notion that employing the much-more-difficult (for me, anyways) index/middle/ring finger method was a particularly European thing to do.

This morning as I was getting ready for work, I was listening to Paul’s Tug Of War album. When “Ballroom Dancing” came on and he started singing, “One, two, three, four I just plain adore your / Ballroom dancing …” I found my fingers shooting up along with his call-out of numbers. Of course, I thought of this conversation.

28 January 2014
6.20pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5803sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said 
Now, if I can just get rid of this annoying little pea under my mattress…blue-meanie

*snicker*

Ahhh Girl said
I’m like a wobbly filly getting my legs under me. I’ll never be the sleek showhorse like many of the Beatles brains here, but I am learning.

Imagery is rife in the Forum lately.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

29 January 2014
12.28am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

And now for something completely different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..B1JdXFktsQ

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

29 January 2014
12.29am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5805sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said
I’m like a wobbly filly getting my legs under me. I’ll never be the sleek showhorse like many of the Beatles brains here, but I am learning.

Imagery is rife in the Forum lately.

*tosses mane*

tumblr_mi1u0agS671r36mgio1_500.gifImage Enlarger

29 January 2014
12.38am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5806sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ Can someone Photoshop the foal to have a moptop on it?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

30 January 2014
12.12am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
5807sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s something I found that doesn’t really qualify as Beatle news, but more as “Beatle spotting.”

Recently, Brian Wilson (of The Beach Boys , but I’m sure you knew that already) did an interview where fans submitted questions via Facebook.  Here’s one of the questions:

Question: What is your general reaction to last night’s Grammy show – performances and winners?
Brian Wilson: I didn’t watch it but I understand Paul and Ringo were on it. Taped it I haven’t watched it yet. I heard Paul and Ringo were great.

http://www.brianwilson.com/news/

30 January 2014
1.42pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5808sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little follow ups:

@mmm, how’s the toe?

@WETSRoosa, where’s the scrapbook?

30 January 2014
4.52pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5809sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Little follow ups:

@mmm, how’s the toe?

@WETSRoosa, where’s the scrapbook?

Wouldn’t you like to know… a-hard-days-night-john-2… it’s on a shelf in the storage closet. I opted not to throw it away, but I did take all the old CDs to a used CD/book/DVD store and got back enough money for a nice dinner date with the misses.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

30 January 2014
5.37pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Ahhh Girl said
Little follow ups:

@mmm, how’s the toe?

Nippy. There is a strange red line on it that looks like an exact mirror image of the outline of the toenail. I hit it on the stairs yesterday and it caused severe pain, normally when i do that its sore for say 30 seconds and then it passes, yesterday it lasted for about 10 minutes. So have a Doctors appointment for Monday; if it gets better by then will cancel, if not then it will have been 13 days since initial impact. 

How are things with you? When is you that Extra Texture , yourself and the spouses are off to see Ritchie play?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 January 2014
6.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5811sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said
Little follow ups:

@mmm, how’s the toe?

Nippy. There is a strange red line on it that looks like an exact mirror image of the outline of the toenail. I hit it on the stairs yesterday and it caused severe pain, normally when i do that its sore for say 30 seconds and then it passes, yesterday it lasted for about 10 minutes. So have a Doctors appointment for Monday; if it gets better by then will cancel, if not then it will have been 13 days since initial impact. 

How are things with you? When is you that Extra Texture , yourself and the spouses are off to see Ritchie play?

bum about the toe. Hope it does get better and you can cancel that appointment.

5 July is the joyous date for the concert.

mmm, in your honor, when I finish teaching my next class, I am going to sit down to these delights. I couldn’t find a place that would ship the drink in a glass bottle or can, so I hope it isn’t too sacrilegious of me to drink it from a plastic bottle. Should I put the drink in fridge to get it cold? I am so looking forward to this new taste sensation. I will be thinking of you the whole time I am savoring the flavors.

1800087_10151884901940779_231538130_o.jpgImage Enlarger

30 January 2014
6.33pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

Two years ago, in the summer, while walking home in my sandals, a potato fell out of my bag right on my big toe, hitting precisely on a spot that caused excruciating pain.  I hobbled home and for the following six months my toenail became black and blue and was dangerously seeming to detach from the nail bed.  I persevered to just let it heal by itself without going to a doctor, and I succeeded.  A year later, it was completely healed, as though nothing had ever happened.

Then while at the supermarket in the wine section, I picked out a bottle of a nice Malbec, put it stupidly on my cart where that poorly designed part has a flap where anything smaller than a watermelon can fall out:  As the bottle fell everything became slow-mo in a Brian DePalma movie, and I cried out in horror.  Luckily, my foot stopped the bottle from hitting the floor — but unluckily, the full weight of it hit right on my big toenail.  Even through tennis shoes, the pain was excruciating.  I remembered the previous year’s accident, and this time the pain was markedly worse.  I seriously considered limping to the store office for medical attention.  But again, I soldiered on and checked myself out at the self-check machine and crawled home.  Again, my healing process took a few months — but remarkably, the damage was much less than the year before and it took less time to get back to normal.  The nail never even became detached this time.  Who woulda thunk that a potato would be mightier than a full wine bottle?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

30 January 2014
7.13pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5813sp_Permalink sp_Print

AG, cold. Plastic bottle is fine. Stick it in a fridge for a good few hours and then consume and delight in the taste. Its not to everyone’s taste but to us Scots its immense. If you are doing the proper Scottish way add a small packet of crisps (potato chips), not the huge for sharing bags. The childhood of a young boy in Scotland was filled with a can (or bottle) of fizzy juice, packet of crisps and a bar of chocolate. We don’t do healthy very well or often.

Let me know what you think, i find it quite interesting. But no lawsuit if you don’t find it tickling your taste-buds and i wont be reimbursing you for the cost. a-hard-days-night-john-6

FP, the human bodyand life is a funny thing. You can get run over by a car going 70mph and come out with barely a scrap (tho admittedly normally get horribly maimed or killed so don’t go doing it folks) yet an Apple hitting you on the head can kill you stone dead there and then. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 January 2014
7.17pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5814sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I read a couple of days ago that the import of this got banned in Canada because of an illegal ingredient, one that it shares with Lucozade and Marmite.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

30 January 2014
8.03pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

parlance said

Ahhh Girl said

I read a couple of days ago that the import of this got banned in Canada because of an illegal ingredient, one that it shares with Lucozade and Marmite.

parlance

The import got banned but its still sold in Canada, the media in the UK got into a bit of a spin over it. Not that we are thinking of retaliating or anything in a petty manner – we beat the US in proposing to get rid of Beibera-hard-days-night-paul-11.

31 January 2014
3.57am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
5816sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ugh… my next-door neighbor is singing again.  He’s always terrible, too.* a-hard-days-night-ringo-13  I can’t talk to the Residential Advisor about it, because HE IS the Residential Advisor.

*Apparently, he’s in the school choir.  I never had much school spirit, anyway…

31 January 2014
9.07am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
5817sp_Permalink sp_Print

That makes me recall this amusing story a friend told me: He’d gone to Copenhagen to a university to study the famous Danish philosopher Kierkegaard, and when he moved into a lodging near campus, he felt he’d finally arrived in academe and he’d be able to follow his dream of studying Kierkegaard in the quaintly enchanted land of his birth.  Not long upon moving in, he discovered that a fellow American had moved in next to him — a woman whose hobby was singing Broadway musical themes, and nearly every day she’d belt out at the top of her lungs “New York, New Yoooooooooorrrrrrrrkkkkk!!!!”  blue-meanie

He decided to abandon his studies; went south for a few weeks, sunned himself in Crete, visited Istanbul, came back home.

31 January 2014
12.52pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5818sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
Ugh… my next-door neighbor is singing again.  He’s always terrible, too.* a-hard-days-night-ringo-13  I can’t talk to the Residential Advisor about it, because HE IS the Residential Advisor.

*Apparently, he’s in the school choir.  I never had much school spirit, anyway…

I used to have a neighbor who insisted on playing his guitar (acoustic, thankfully) at all hours of the night, and the man could not play it. He wasn’t any good, but you’d hear him at 4 AM plucking away. Yet he had the nerve to complain to the office about me making noise one night.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

31 January 2014
7.50pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5819sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finished exams and papers and essays and stuff. And of my 3 exams, I already have the results of two of them, and passed both of them. I didn’t expect to pass the second one, as I didn’t understand much of it.

Yesterday I went out with some classmates and it was great fun, but I was really hungover today, while I hadn’t really drunk that much.

31 January 2014
8.00pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5820sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Glad to hear you did well in your the two exams you know about, Linde. Sorry about the hangover apple01

I got my results back on a Physics exam I did last week but they’re not as good as yours. In fact, I was close to failing. Don’t know what’s up with me lately, I just can’t seem to concentrate. Better get over this thing before I end up really messing my grades up :(

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694