The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 290 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
27 January 2014
5.49am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10751
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5787sp_Permalink

AppleScruffJunior said
I have ordered from Roscommon, Galway and Clare County Libraries... I won't have them for Christmas unless some miracle occurs. Unfortunately Carlow Library has Allan 'where's my commission' William's book but they don't lend on borrowbooks.ie Blah!

I will keep you informed

Chuck_Norris_salute.gifImage Enlarger

meanmistermustard said

AppleScruffJunior said
'The Beatles and Ireland' by Michael Lynch

'The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

'The Beatles' Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe's Lonely Hearts Club' by Pauline Sutcliffe

And 'The Kama Sutra'....I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

Very good book. Well worth reading.

ASJ, did you get any of the books? Any thoughts on any of them?

27 January 2014
3.07pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17138

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ I'll reply to that when I get on the laptop, my phone is annoying to type on.

Anyways I came home for lunch and caught the last couple of minutes of RTÉ1 News, apparently yesterday's Grammys was 50 Years to the day of the appearance of the lads on Ed Sullivan, funny I thought it was February the 9th, Paul's new single "Queen" was sung.
Who the hell does the research for the news :/
They also said Olivia was in the audience, I didn't see her

The BBC has it done as Paul winning two Grammys,

Sir Paul McCartney was among the other double winners. . .

which is slighty different to Beatles Examiner which says he got five.

That makes five Grammy Awards the 71-year-old former Beatle won Sunday.

Maybe the first few don't countahdn_paul_01.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
27 January 2014
3.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2971

AppleScruffJunior said
^^ Lightweights, I've been drinking whisky since I was 7 a-hard-days-night-george-10

Only a couple of hours to the Grammy's (which I won't be watching live because sleep is important) So any predictions for what Paul is going to play? I have a firm feeling 'I Saw Her Standing There' will be one :)

Gotta look after your liver, Katie. Don't want problems by the time you're 30 now, do you? a-hard-days-night-george-10

I didn't bother staying up to watch the Grammys, but I might stay up tonight to watch the Highlights. There's something else I watch on a Monday and that doesn't finish 'till 11.30, so I'll be up late anyway. I've never been that bothered about watching award ceremonies, but I guess this is a bit different.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 January 2014
9.58pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17138

Not sure if this for the moments or LOL thread so here it goes. Coventry football fans have an impromptu rendition of Twist And Shout at Arsenal. 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
28 January 2014
1.29am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4944
5799sp_Permalink

Surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere here, but watching Grammy highlights. Now, knowing I'm not watching the full thing, Paul and Ringo did Queenie Eye, next thing we're given is Steven Tyler and Smokey Robinson presenting Record of the Year. Smokey sings a few lines of You Really Got A Hold On Me and declares, "Paul! You should record that!"

The Beatles recorded it, with a smokin' soulful Lennon vocal, for With The Beatles, which rejigged appeared as their first US Capitol album Meet The Beatles. As important a release 50 years ago for Smokey as it was for them. The Beatles early Motown covers helped make Motown, and Smokey with his tongue-in-cheek, acknowledged the debt!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

28 January 2014
2.50am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10751
5800sp_Permalink

mja6758 said
Surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere here, but watching Grammy highlights. Now, knowing I'm not watching the full thing, Paul and Ringo did 
Queenie Eye, next thing we're given is Steven Tyler and Smokey Robinson presenting Record of the Year. Smokey sings a few lines of You Really Got A Hold On Me and declares, "Paul! You should record that!"

The Beatles recorded it, with a smokin' soulful Lennon vocal, for With The Beatles, which rejigged appeared as their first US Capitol album Meet The Beatles. As important a release 50 years ago for Smokey as it was for them. The Beatles early Motown covers helped make Motown, and Smokey with his tongue-in-cheek, acknowledged the debt!

I know. At first I was looking at the screen crooked, thinking, "the Beatles did do that song. Right? Yeah, John, yeah, the whole thing." Then I realized it was tongue-in-cheek. I was doubting my Beatles knowledge there for a moment that kept me from realizing what he was doing. I'm like a wobbly filly getting my legs under me. I'll never be the sleek showhorse like many of the Beatles brains here, but I am learning.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Necko, Annadog40, Merch
46 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17131

Ahhh Girl: 10745

Annadog40: 9719

Zig: 7548

parlance: 7092