The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 290 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
27 January 2014
12.29am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1984

^*_^^ Nice one, Dhani hosted the karaoke section at The Wammys (Grammy pre-party) a couple of nights ago for the second year running. Wondering if he's going to be there tonight or at the Beatles show tomorrow (surely he has to be at the show tomorrow, representing George. It's not as if he has an excuse he lives in L.A now)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
27 January 2014
12.29am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1852

Linde said
Watching it online, but the quality is so bad and it won't start for another few hours. It'll be what..3 am around here when it starts? I don't really get it anyway..it hasn't started yet yet they've already given out some awards. How does that work?

Btw, just spotted Yoko and Sean at the red carpet. 

They only show portions of it on tv. With so many awards, we would be here all night watching it.

27 January 2014
1.20am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2260

Well this is lame. I watched the red carpet and some backstage stuff online, but as soon as it got to the real show it stayed on backstage and I can't watch the real show anywhere. It's not on tv either.

Yes it's 2.20 am and I'm still awake, not tired at all and pretty bored.

27 January 2014
1.28am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

Linde said
Watching it online, but the quality is so bad and it won't start for another few hours. It'll be what..3 am around here when it starts? I don't really get it anyway..it hasn't started yet yet they've already given out some awards. How does that work?

Btw, just spotted Yoko and Sean at the red carpet. 

Sean's looking more and more like '69-era John with the long hair.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
27 January 2014
1.33am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3420

For those who can receive the UK's Channel 4, they are showing a 90 minute Grammy Awards highlights package at just after midnight today (27) (00.05-01:35am, 28 January).

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
27 January 2014
1.34am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11254

mja6758 said
For those who can receive the UK's Channel 4, they are showing a 90 minute Grammy Awards highlights package at just after midnight today (27) (00.05-01:35am, 28 January).

Cool.

If anything happens of note i'll tune in. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
27 January 2014
1.35am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2260

Can't receive that channel either. All of a sudden I remember why I've never watched the Grammys before! Oh well, I'm sure it'll land on Youtube soon.

27 January 2014
5.49am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 6289

AppleScruffJunior said
I have ordered from Roscommon, Galway and Clare County Libraries... I won't have them for Christmas unless some miracle occurs. Unfortunately Carlow Library has Allan 'where's my commission' William's book but they don't lend on borrowbooks.ie Blah!

I will keep you informed

meanmistermustard said

AppleScruffJunior said
'The Beatles and Ireland' by Michael Lynch

'The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

'The Beatles' Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe's Lonely Hearts Club' by Pauline Sutcliffe

And 'The Kama Sutra'....I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

Very good book. Well worth reading.

ASJ, did you get any of the books? Any thoughts on any of them?

27 January 2014
1.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1984

^^^ I'll reply to that when I get on the laptop, my phone is annoying to type on.

Anyways I came home for lunch and caught the last couple of minutes of RTÉ1 News, apparently yesterday's Grammys was 50 Years to the day of the appearance of the lads on Ed Sullivan, funny I thought it was February the 9th, Paul's new single "Queen" was sung.
Who the hell does the research for the news :/
They also said Olivia was in the audience, I didn't see her

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
27 January 2014
3.07pm
meanmistermustard

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ I'll reply to that when I get on the laptop, my phone is annoying to type on.

Anyways I came home for lunch and caught the last couple of minutes of RTÉ1 News, apparently yesterday's Grammys was 50 Years to the day of the appearance of the lads on Ed Sullivan, funny I thought it was February the 9th, Paul's new single "Queen" was sung.
Who the hell does the research for the news :/
They also said Olivia was in the audience, I didn't see her

The BBC has it done as Paul winning two Grammys,

Sir Paul McCartney was among the other double winners. . .

which is slighty different to Beatles Examiner which says he got five.

That makes five Grammy Awards the 71-year-old former Beatle won Sunday.

Maybe the first few don't countahdn_paul_01.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
27 January 2014
3.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2951

AppleScruffJunior said
^^ Lightweights, I've been drinking whisky since I was 7 a-hard-days-night-george-10

Only a couple of hours to the Grammy's (which I won't be watching live because sleep is important) So any predictions for what Paul is going to play? I have a firm feeling 'I Saw Her Standing There' will be one :)

Gotta look after your liver, Katie. Don't want problems by the time you're 30 now, do you? a-hard-days-night-george-10

I didn't bother staying up to watch the Grammys, but I might stay up tonight to watch the Highlights. There's something else I watch on a Monday and that doesn't finish 'till 11.30, so I'll be up late anyway. I've never been that bothered about watching award ceremonies, but I guess this is a bit different.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

27 January 2014
4.09pm
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1245

I just ordered Tune In and Anthology yesterday (FINALLY) and I am so excited. I have been wanting to get Anthology (the DVDs) for four years now. I don't know why I waited so long. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
27 January 2014
4.11pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

unknown said
I just ordered Tune In and Anthology yesterday (FINALLY) and I am so excited. I have been wanting to get Anthology (the DVDs) for four years now. I don't know why I waited so long. 

Which version of Tune In have you gone for?

You will LOVE Anthology!

27 January 2014
4.18pm
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1245

I went for the extended special edition, off Amazon uk. It's not in stock right now though so I have no idea when I'm going to get it. 

And yeah, I am really excited about getting Anthology. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
27 January 2014
6.47pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

unknown said
I went for the extended special edition, off Amazon uk. It's not in stock right now though so I have no idea when I'm going to get it. 

However much you spent on Anthology, it's worth every penny. Trust me.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
27 January 2014
8.59pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4907

wetsroosa said

unknown said

However much you spent on Anthology, it's worth every penny. Trust me.

I second that emotion...

My wife bought me the set for Christmas about 4 years ago. I still watch them at least 3 or 4 times a year. Can't get enough!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

27 January 2014
9.58pm
meanmistermustard

Not sure if this for the moments or LOL thread so here it goes. Coventry football fans have an impromptu rendition of Twist And Shout at Arsenal. 

27 January 2014
10.23pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That is pure genius! Almost seems like a flash mob, and you don't see how it starts. I wonder if there were 3 or 4 people who decided to see what would happen!

28 January 2014
12.50am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093

I play acoustic guitar (have been for years), mostly finger-picking in the James Taylor style.  For this, I need my thumb and three fingers (sans pinkie) of my picking hand (right hand) to have long nails, while all the nails on my left hand (that press down on the strings to form chords) have to be clipped down to the nub.

I recently experienced acutely how important it is to have the nail of my ring finger (the finger between the middle "flip the bird" finger and the pinkie) to be long enough.  I had clipped it down a shade too far, still leaving plenty of length to the unsuspecting onlooker, but crucially short of providing my finger with the ease it needs to grab and sound strings when it needs to.  Given that I use the other two fingers (middle and index) plus my thumb, my ring finger tends to be devoted to the high E string -- and I was finding that more often than not, I had to become conscious of having to press my finger down more than normally, and that became distracting and annoying, and tended to interfere a little with my performance.

Now, if I can just get rid of this annoying little pea under my mattress...blue-meanie

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
28 January 2014
1.29am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere here, but watching Grammy highlights. Now, knowing I'm not watching the full thing, Paul and Ringo did Queenie Eye, next thing we're given is Steven Tyler and Smokey Robinson presenting Record of the Year. Smokey sings a few lines of You Really Got A Hold On Me and declares, "Paul! You should record that!"

The Beatles recorded it, with a smokin' soulful Lennon vocal, for With The Beatles, which rejigged appeared as their first US Capitol album Meet The Beatles. As important a release 50 years ago for Smokey as it was for them. The Beatles early Motown covers helped make Motown, and Smokey with his tongue-in-cheek, acknowledged the debt!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: LittleBeatlemaniac
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11254

mr. Sun king coming together: 6934

Ahhh Girl: 6289

parlance: 5955