Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 January 2014
1.20pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5761sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Cheers, same with you if you ever visit Galway sometime in the future, my mam’s a landlady and owns apartments about 15 minutes walk away from the city :)

Actually, you better not tempt me. I’m considering moving country to go and live with some relatives (and my mom’s finally said yes), so I’m already up for moving, plus I’ve always wanted to visit Ireland :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
1.30pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

^^^ And I’ve always wanted to go to England (let’s pull A Parent Trap, eh?)

Serious offer though if you are going to Galway sometime, PM me and I’ll see if I can get you a place to stay. I’ll also put in a BeatlesBible Discount Code a-hard-days-night-george-10 Hell we could even be roommates from Sept 2015 onwards :D

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

26 January 2014
1.34pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5763sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll let you know if I ever go over. It’s Cork I really want to go to, but I’d be happy to be anywhere but here sometimes! :)

Thanks for the offer apple01apple01

You know, if you ever want to see the delights of Birmingham then you’re more than welcome to. It’s painted in a bad way which, for the most part, is quite true tbh, but there are some nice things about it :)

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
1.36pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5764sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Serious offer though if you are going to Galway sometime, PM me and I’ll see if I can get you a place to stay. I’ll also put in a BeatlesBible Discount Code a-hard-days-night-george-10 Hell we could even be roommates from Sept 2015 onwards :D

Now that sounds like a premise for a sitcom… Shamrock & Tea, we’ll call it. brian-epstein

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

26 January 2014
1.41pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5765sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cork? Really, Jesus alright a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ah just kidding…Cork’s great…
My advice would be spend 3-4 days in Dublin, see all the major tourist attractions say hi to the junkies and then make your way west to Galway, go out to the Gaeltacht area see some sheep, climb a mountain yadaya. Then head north across the border up to Northern Ireland and go to Belfast* and then fly home, happy days!

*Contrary to popular belief you won’t get blown up/shot if you go to Northern Ireland.

Oh and if you go to Cork make sure to visit Kerry, especially go to Dingle and see Fungi the dolphin (he stole a sandwich off me when I was 7 >:( )
Why do you want to visit Cork though, just wondering? a-hard-days-night-george-10 Oh and don’t tell me I didn’t warn you about their accent :P

26 January 2014
1.43pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members

What’s wrong with Cork? haha you’ve got me worried now.

Not too sure what it is, really, but it looks nice from what I’ve seen/heard. The year above me at school went a few yrs back and they all came back pretty happy by the looks of it :)

Oh and since when did dolphins eat sandwiches? And why on earth was/is it called Funghi??

EDIT: I googled Cork just to make sure it was there I wanted to go to (it is), and look what I found

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4V92fM-AMR5ZdaYBx3SsJnSEweu8wrFcOZs-f7Z_Wm2OGQJFNImage Enlarger

Now they’re a bit weird, aren’t they, or is it just me?

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
2.19pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5767sp_Permalink sp_Print

What’s wrong with Cork? Tsh….nothing…Cork’s great.
Here’s an example of the beloved Cork accent
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GhobwXNzdJ4

I think its only beaten in loveliness by the D4 accent and now I’m going to promote Ireland with a video

And we all do say “Top of the mornin” here as well.
Interesting fact: The correct response to the phrase above is “And the rest of the day to yourself” :)

26 January 2014
2.37pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5768sp_Permalink sp_Print

I went a bit crazy with thread resurrection.  Sorry…

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 January 2014
3.43pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5769sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hulu just started showing School of Comedy, a British comedy starting kids playing adults. I’m on the first episode and it’s really funny. I just hate that these shows often don’t reach us in the US until long after they’ve been canceled.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

26 January 2014
6.50pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
5770sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
This is quite something, makes you realise how incredibly small we are.

I wonder if this is the kind of vision that inspired Across The Universe .

And in all of that vastness of space, we all found one another here. Nice neighborhood.

wetsroosa said

AppleScruffJunior said

Now that sounds like a premise for a sitcom… Shamrock & Tea, we’ll call it. brian-epstein

Wonder how much Apple would charge them to use a Beatles song as their intro music?

Perhaps they could work out a product-placement deal with the Apple execs. mmm could think of some great items for the show. The show would be wildly popular and lots of those products would sell. $$$ for Apple, with a cut for mmm, of course.

26 January 2014
7.14pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5771sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

wetsroosa said

AppleScruffJunior said

Wonder how much Apple would charge them to use a Beatles song as their intro music?

Perhaps they could work out a product-placement deal with the Apple execs. mmm could think of some great items for the show. The show would be wildly popular and lots of those products would sell. $$$ for Apple, with a cut for mmm, of course.

It was $250,000 for Tomorrow Never Knows in Mad Men so probably around that figure for the intro music (maybe more if it would be more than one show). May want to start fundraising now.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 January 2014
8.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5772sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sure I think Beatles or camp music would be a brilliant intro. Or something stereotypical Irish/English

Perhaps The Dubliners- Whisky In The Jar mixed with God Save The Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..eOIU9ekSMk

I can be a drunken loveable fool and Emily will be the up-tight English girl. I spike her drink with whisky and we all have a romp out in Dublin city with ‘Girls Just Wanta Have Fun’ playing in the background

It’ll look something like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeDuR0lgPKVFY23THcRcNKRUnIVNR5RhlUCZbKPNuzHCIoC37ingImage Enlarger

And gags such as this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz0setcqQVMTAhqIci4d-um1tyBMrDwg_a4z4nAOHf8dHSQSKaImage Enlarger
irish-girl-sunbathing.jpgImage Enlarger
irishwhiskey.jpgImage Enlarger
7f8d09e3eea7e7fd6fb37bad9706a8e5.jpgImage Enlarger

26 January 2014
9.44pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members

Necko said
I went a bit crazy with thread resurrection.  Sorry…

No, no, that’s a good thing :)

AppleScruffJunior said

I can be a drunken loveable fool and Emily will be the up-tight English girl. I spike her drink with whisky and we all have a romp out in Dublin city with ‘Girls Just Wanta Have Fun’ playing in the background

Uh-hum, uptight? Are you trying to say something?

Actually, I quite like whisky. Especially if it’s in Baileys. Yum-yum :) My family offering me alcohol from the age of 12 wasn’t the best idea, perhaps….

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
9.49pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

fabfouremily said

Actually, I quite like whisky. Especially if it’s in Baileys. Yum-yum :) My family offering me alcohol from the age of 12 wasn’t the best idea, perhaps….

I went to a classmate’s party last night and had a whiskey with pink sparkling lemonade. I’m sure it’s been done before, but I was being experimental. And it was quite good, considering I hate whiskey on its own.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

26 January 2014
9.51pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5775sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

fabfouremily said

I went to a classmate’s party last night and had a whiskey with pink sparkling lemonade. I’m sure it’s been done before, but I was being experimental. And it was quite good, considering I hate whiskey on its own.

parlance

Oh I’ve never tried that (or heard of it, actually). I don’t tend to combine drinks, but I might try that next time there’s an ”occasion” :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
11.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5776sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ Lightweights, I’ve been drinking whisky since I was 7 a-hard-days-night-george-10

Only a couple of hours to the Grammy’s (which I won’t be watching live because sleep is important) So any predictions for what Paul is going to play? I have a firm feeling ‘I Saw Her Standing There ‘ will be one :)

26 January 2014
11.54pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
5777sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^^ Lightweights, I’ve been drinking whisky since I was 7 a-hard-days-night-george-10

Only a couple of hours to the Grammy’s (which I won’t be watching live because sleep is important) So any predictions for what Paul is going to play? I have a firm feeling ‘I Saw Her Standing There ‘ will be one :)

One of the fan groups on FB posted a screencap of a schedule, so here’s a spoiler:

Queenie Eye . I can’t imagine that one’s with Ringo, though, so there must be another number as well. Unless they’re saving that for tomorrow’s Beatles celebration.

parlance

26 January 2014
11.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22227
5778sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

I hope it isn’t Queenie Eye .

27 January 2014
12.20am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5779sp_Permalink sp_Print

Watching it online, but the quality is so bad and it won’t start for another few hours. It’ll be what..3 am around here when it starts? I don’t really get it anyway..it hasn’t started yet yet they’ve already given out some awards. How does that work?

Btw, just spotted Yoko and Sean at the red carpet. 

27 January 2014
12.29am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5780sp_Permalink sp_Print

^*_^^ Nice one, Dhani hosted the karaoke section at The Wammys (Grammy pre-party) a couple of nights ago for the second year running. Wondering if he’s going to be there tonight or at the Beatles show tomorrow (surely he has to be at the show tomorrow, representing George. It’s not as if he has an excuse he lives in L.A now)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Old Soak
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694