Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
25 January 2014
4.50pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5741sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

Well, They Might Be Giants has been run by the same 2 guys (John Linnell and John Flansburgh) for 32 years, but I doubt that’s what the local radio station is going for.

LOL, yes, probably not duos. Or solo artists. Though as far as I know, no one’s replaced Bob Dylan for Bob Dylan in recent memory.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

25 January 2014
5.24pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5742sp_Permalink sp_Print

ASJ’s thought of the day:

Wouldn’t a quick money-spin be to rerelease/remake that ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand’ film about a group of teens trying to see the lads on their first U.S visit? All the press and hubbub about the 50th anniversary would be sure to rake in a couple of million at least and I am more then willing to be in a remake of that film, hell I would work for free just to be in a Beatles-related film a-hard-days-night-paul-7

^^I would even do that scene, complete with shifting a bass a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

25 January 2014
5.48pm
Billy Rhythm
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 953
5743sp_Permalink sp_Print

I actually have a good quality copy of ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand’ from the old days and had planned to watch it this weekend, it’s a very underrated film, the acting is top-notch (especially Ringo Klause!) and I believe that it’s Steven Spielberg’s first film…:-)

25 January 2014
7.12pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22238

Other than Lennon’s Imagine and The Beatles I’ll Get You (I’ve imagined I’m in love with you / Many, many many times before), are there any other of their songs, Beatles or post-Beatles, that have the word “imagine” or one of its variants in it?

EDIT: side thought. Or are there songs that tell us to imagine but use a different word like John telling us in Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds to *picture* ourselves on a boat in a river?

25 January 2014
8.17pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5745sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today:

• my teams football match was postponed again meaning i haven’t seen them play since December 15 2013 due to the weather (which is currently very wet, very cold and very windy).
  • iTunes put out an update that has failed and resulted in knackering iTunes (good one guys, well done on that) so i now have to figure out how to fix it whilst wondering if i will get my files neatly ordered as they were or have to fix them all. 
  • One of my toes is very badly bruised, the whole toe is like 5 different shades of bruise. Heavily bandaged and painful.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 January 2014
8.19pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

AppleScruffJunior said
ASJ’s thought of the day:

Wouldn’t a quick money-spin be to rerelease/remake that ‘I Wanna Hold Your Hand’ film about a group of teens trying to see the lads on their first U.S visit? All the press and hubbub about the 50th anniversary would be sure to rake in a couple of million at least and I am more then willing to be in a remake of that film, hell I would work for free just to be in a Beatles-related film a-hard-days-night-paul-7

^^I would even do that scene, complete with shifting a bass a-hard-days-night-george-10

^ Ha I love that scene. I love the whole movie even if its a bit campy.

I wonder how well a new Beatley movie would do. Most of the recent ones have done kind of “eh” in theaters.

25 January 2014
8.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5747sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Today:

• my teams football match was postponed again meaning i haven’t seen them play since December 15 2013 due to the weather (which is currently very wet, very cold and very windy).
      • iTunes put out an update that has failed and resulted in knackering iTunes (good one guys, well done on that) so i now have to figure out how to fix it whilst wondering if i will get my files neatly ordered as they were or have to fix them all. 
        • One of my toes is very badly bruised, the whole toe is like 5 different shades of bruise. Heavily bandaged and painful.

cheerup.gifImage Enlarger

25 January 2014
        8.38pm
        fabfouremily
        Sitting in an English garden
        Rishikesh
        Members
        Forum Posts: 2929
        5748sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry it sounds like you’ve had a bit of a crap day, mmm. :(

I’ve had another one of those days when I don’t really know what to do myself and when I do try and get some work done I just get distracted. So, I made some nice dinners to go in the freezer for the next few weeks, painted my nails, dyed my hair, read some of my new book (I’m trying to learn how to play poker) and applied for some jobs (yes, I’ll soon be a jobseeker, as I think I’m taking a year out of study). Not the most productive day but I don’t think I could’ve acheived much more.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 January 2014
        9.04pm
        AppleScruffJunior
        Apple rooftop
        Reviewers

Members
        5749sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

I’ve had another one of those days when I don’t really know what to do myself and when I do try and get some work done I just get distracted. So, I made some nice dinners to go in the freezer for the next few weeks, painted my nails, dyed my hair, read some of my new book (I’m trying to learn how to play poker) and applied for some jobs (yes, I’ll soon be a jobseeker, as I think I’m taking a year out of study). Not the most productive day but I don’t think I could’ve acheived much more.

We’ll (hopefully) be going to college at the same time then yayyyy :P
        I finished the book I started last night- this morning (A Clockwork Orange, I thoroughly recommend). I’m currently waiting for ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ to arrive in the post as I have been hearing nothing but praise about it and then I shall start the ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ series. I also wrote an English short-story that may/may not get into our school’s year book (It’s its 21st birthday and I’m thinking of buying it Jagerbombs) wrote a 6 page answer on Robert Frost’s poetry and did a bit of study. A slightly-productive day.

25 January 2014
        11.02pm
        meanmistermustard
        Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Thanks all. 

Painkillers down my throat, iTunes fixed – i think. If anyone knows how to get rid of rain, wind and the cold then please let me know. Honestly don’t think its not rained for a whole day in the last 6 weeks – and there are weather warnings out for tomorrow for worse than today. Scotland in Wintera-hard-days-night-paul-3 And no feckin’ snow. At least give us snow!blue-meanie

Edit: Just finished listening to all the Wings ’72 shows, ready to move on to Hi, Hi, Hi , C Moon and Red Rose Speedway and the World of Beatles Bootlegs re-uploads a number of Wings ’72 concerts. Don’t know if i should press on or go back now?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 January 2014
        3.00am
        Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
        5751sp_Permalink sp_Print

Listen to more of the concerts before moving on. Get it out of your system.

26 January 2014
        10.01am
        Necko
        Earth
        Apple rooftop
        Members
        Forum Posts: 8043
        5752sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just a minute ago, the Residential Advisor of my dorm called out my neighbor for making irritating screams at four in the morning. I considered opening my door and applauding. I would have if it wasn’t four in the morning. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

26 January 2014
        11.53am
        fabfouremily
        Rishikesh
        Members
        5753sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

fabfouremily said

We’ll (hopefully) be going to college at the same time then yayyyy :P

Are you taking a year off as well, then?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
        12.34pm
        meanmistermustard
        Members

Reviewers

Moderators
        5754sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is quite something, makes you realise how incredibly small we are.

26 January 2014
        12.37pm
        AppleScruffJunior
        Apple rooftop
        Reviewers

Members
        5755sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nope :) I don’t sit my massive-important-if-you-fail-this-exam-you-fail-life exams until June 2015 (hence don’t expect to see my around here a lot from Sept. 2015-June, I’ll pop in every now and again and I’ll tell y’all to pray for me/sacrifice something to ensure I do well and get 450+ points to go to college.
        I would love to go working in Germany for a year though to become more fluent in the language.
        Blah I hate growing up-making decisions at 17 that will affect my whole life *grumble grumble*

26 January 2014
        12.44pm
        fabfouremily
        Rishikesh
        Members
        5756sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
        Nope :) I don’t sit my massive-important-if-you-fail-this-exam-you-fail-life exams until June 2015 (hence don’t expect to see my around here a lot from Sept. 2015-June, I’ll pop in every now and again and I’ll tell y’all to pray for me/sacrifice something to ensure I do well and get 450+ points to go to college.
        I would love to go working in Germany for a year though to become more fluent in the language.
        Blah I hate growing up-making decisions at 17 that will affect my whole life *grumble grumble*

Ohh okay, but is that through choice or because you just don’t do them until then where you are? My ”all-important” exams are in the next few months, though I’ve already done a few.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
        1.01pm
        AppleScruffJunior
        Apple rooftop
        Reviewers

Members
        5757sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ You have to do them, the Irish education system is a b*tch in that they want the most pressure to put on you unlike the English exams (at least) that are more student friendly. I shall now try and explain the education system.
        In Ireland when you’re 15-16 you sit an exam called The Junior Cert you do about 10-12 subjects ranging from Higher Level to Foundation Level and they all take place in June. These exams count for f**k all unless you’re leaving school early, which few do because of the current economic situation.
        When you’re 17/18 you do an exam called The Leaving Cert. You do 6-9 subjects ranging from HL to Foundation again. These are compiled of your 2 years of study that you did after sitting your junior cert. All exams take place in late June i.e you don’t get to sit say English in November and geography in March, it doesn’t work that way unfortunately. A pass grade is 40%+ and the grade system goes A1, A2, B1, B2, B3, C1…E, F, NG (no grade). An A1 is worth a 100 points. Your top 6 grades are used to calculate your points. The maximum you can get is 625 points (that’s if you sit HL maths). I can get 600 points because I do 6 HL subjects and 1 Ordinary Level subject. An ordinary level A1 is worth 60 points. The course you get in college depends on how many points you get e.g Veterinary medicine-570/625 points- very hard to get. Another delightful twist is if you fail maths but you get 550 points you won’t get to go to college because you have to pass maths to be accepted into most universities. Also a foreign language is compulsory for nearly all colleges as well.
        Now what happens if you don’t your preferred college choice? I hear you cry. Well, you have to repeat your Leaving Cert year AGAIN even if you just missed out on your course by 5 points (and now you can not sit the exam a month or 2 later again

26 January 2014
        1.03pm
        AppleScruffJunior
        Apple rooftop
        Reviewers

Members
        5758sp_Permalink sp_Print

My phone effed up so I’ll finish it off:
        (And no you can not sit the exam a month or 2 later you literally have to do EVERY SINGLE EXAM a year later. Sounds fun doesn’t it? God I love our education system *looks at Irish flag with pride*

Also sorry for any typos (its the phone)

26 January 2014
        1.10pm
        fabfouremily
        Rishikesh
        Members
        5759sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gosh, that sounds a bit complicated :(

Well, best of luck with it all, Katie apple01 Well, if you want to come and live with me then you’re more than welcome, but I don’t think you’d be any better off to be honest.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

26 January 2014
        1.16pm
        AppleScruffJunior
        Apple rooftop
        Reviewers

Members
        5760sp_Permalink sp_Print

Cheers, same with you if you ever visit Galway sometime in the future, my mam’s a landlady and owns apartments about 15 minutes walk away from the city :)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
        Most Users Ever Online: 700
        Currently Online: Richard
        Guest(s) 1
        Top Posters:
        Starr Shine?: 16105
        Ron Nasty: 12534
        Zig: 9832
        50yearslate: 8759
        Necko: 8043
        AppleScruffJunior: 7583
        parlance: 7111
        mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
        Mr. Kite: 6147
        trcanberra: 6064
        Member Stats:
        Guest Posters: 88
        Members: 2859
        Moderators: 5
        Admins: 1
        Forum Stats:
        Groups: 3
        Forums: 44
        Topics: 5519
        Newest Members:
        NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
        Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22238, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
        Administrators: Joe: 5694