Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 January 2014
12.13pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5701sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to see you back Mrs MMM. How are things going?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 January 2014
1.12pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

In one of the threads there was a discussion about whether Something was written about or for Pattie Boyd, well, i’ve come across an interview where George answers the question (overdubbed in Japanese) and outright stays it wasn’t about anyone specific (7:15 onwards in the clip below). George seems to say that Isn’t It A Pity was however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..fzTe2vgMKs

[I forget which subject it was or the thread title (searching for “something” won’t be much use), if someone remembers i’ll copy this over or someone can move it.]

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 January 2014
5.22pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

meanmistermustard said
just for that special someone in your life or so spoiled little brats can be extra spoiled or constantly whine for.

meanmistermustard said

Seriously, feck off. And you can take your limited edition creme eggs, hot cross buns and all that other Easter-related junk and shove it in the back stores until the 6th of April, leaving 2 weeks to shove it down our throats.

For the life of me, I can not understand how you got turned down for that job writing greeting cards. a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Does Dick Rowe work for Hallmark now?a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 “Venomous greeting cards are on their way out, meanmistermustard“.brian-epstein

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

22 January 2014
6.09pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5704sp_Permalink sp_Print

4or5Magicians said

[snip]

Also I found a seasonal beer called “Ticket to Rye” immediately after picking the Beatles “Love” album this afternoon (after putting it off for years). Kind of had to try it. Very satisfied with both.

In case you haven’t stumbled across it yet in your trek through the mighty forest that is this forum, there is a wonderful thread called Beatley Moments for these kinds of stories.

22 January 2014
6.35pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5705sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

meanmistermustard said
just for that special someone in your life or so spoiled little brats can be extra spoiled or constantly whine for.

meanmistermustard said

Seriously, feck off. And you can take your limited edition creme eggs, hot cross buns and all that other Easter-related junk and shove it in the back stores until the 6th of April, leaving 2 weeks to shove it down our throats.

For the life of me, I can not understand how you got turned down for that job writing greeting cards. a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

Does Dick Rowe work for Hallmark now?a-hard-days-night-ringo-7 “Venomous greeting cards are on their way out, meanmistermustard“.brian-epstein

I dislike greetings cards, one reason being a waste of a tree (if not recycled paper). If you are going to send someone a card then make it an ecard; put some thought and time into it and design it yourself as well instead of the cheesy, tacky messages cards normally have and spending 3 seconds picking it out.

A few years back Apple made Beatles ecards available for free so i sent those instead, no idea if they are still going or not.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?

22 January 2014
6.52pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5706sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Zig said

meanmistermustard said

meanmistermustard said

I dislike greetings cards, one reason being a waste of a tree (if not recycled paper). If you are going to send someone a card then make it an ecard; put some thought and time into it and design it yourself as well instead of the cheesy, tacky messages cards normally have and spending 3 seconds picking it out.

A few years back Apple made Beatles ecards available for free so i sent those instead, no idea if they are still going or not.

You had me laughing out loud with “I dislike greeting cards”. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

What a perfect response – hilarious.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

23 January 2014
2.31am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5707sp_Permalink sp_Print

The bad news: Amazon Canada were just BSing me when they said they were ‘processing’ the order for my Dylan 47 CD box.

The good news: They assure me they will send it out today with a free upgrade to priority delivery – given this is a BIG box I couldn’t afford this option before so it is around a $40 bonus.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

23 January 2014
1.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5708sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
The bad news: Amazon Canada were just BSing me when they said they were ‘processing’ the order for my Dylan 47 CD box.

The good news: They assure me they will send it out today with a free upgrade to priority delivery – given this is a BIG box I couldn’t afford this option before so it is around a $40 bonus.

Well, well, well. Congrats. Let’s see if it can make it to you in two days.

23 January 2014
6.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5709sp_Permalink sp_Print

In the world of making fruit scones it would be helpful to add the sugar and the fruit before putting them in the oven. Who knows how they will come out, certainly not fruity.

And you all thought only twitter and facebook had pointless, dull posts! 

23 January 2014
6.18pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5710sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is it a rule here that you have to have a Beatles-related avatar picture or is the fact that everybody has a Beatles-related avatar just the way things worked out?

I’m not thinking about changing my avatar at the moment, I’m just curious.

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

23 January 2014
6.53pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5711sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
Is it a rule here that you have to have a Beatles-related avatar picture or is the fact that everybody has a Beatles-related avatar just the way things worked out?

I’m not thinking about changing my avatar at the moment, I’m just curious.

Nope. No such ruling exists here, folks are free to use whatever they want, within reason. It just happens to be a Beatles Forum so Beatles related avatars will be more common than non-Beatles.

23 January 2014
8.49pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5712sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh. I thought so. 

I should really put more statements in here and less questions. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

23 January 2014
9.49pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5713sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

Well, well, well. Congrats. Let’s see if it can make it to you in two days.

Surprise, surprise – now they tell me they don’t have any – yet it was sent to a friend by them 2 days ago who ordered after me – bunch of clowns.  Back on the waiting list limbo for a while :(

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

23 January 2014
10.39pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5714sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good news everyone, I have made it in the acting world (apparently) Seems as if I was on the television for a play I did a while ago, my phone was just buzzing with people saying ‘you’re on the telly’. The only people have ever heard on the telly is my phone so seeing my face is like a-hard-days-night-ringo-6Well good on them for broadcasting it after the watershed, I think little children would be crying if they saw my face brian-epstein

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 January 2014
10.40pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

I know he shouldn’t really be mentioned here, but – Justin Beiber… LMAO!

“Why… why are you stopping superstar me? Yes, I’ve been drinking, smoked some dope, mixed with prescriptions drugs, and am going at twice the speed limit as I race my friend, but I’m Justin Beiber!”

Oh feck, I love the mugshot!

1390500405_justin-bieber-mugshot-467.jpgImage Enlarger

Was he so stoned he thought he  arrived at another photoshoot?

One of the charges – resisting arrest without violence! Oh boy! Enjoy your first night in prison! Resisting the shower scene without violence isn’t going to work!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 January 2014
10.45pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
5716sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
I know he shouldn’t really be mentioned here, but – Justin Beiber… LMAO!

“Why… why are you stopping superstar me? Yes, I’ve been drinking, smoked some dope, mixed with prescriptions drugs, and am going at twice the speed limit as I race my friend, but I’m Justin Beiber!”

Oh feck, I love the mugshot!

1390500405_justin-bieber-mugshot-467.jpgImage Enlarger

Was he so stoned he thought he  arrived at another photoshoot?

One of the charges – resisting arrest with violence! Oh boy! Enjoy your first night in prison! Resisting the shower scene without violence isn’t going to work!

I just got shushed by my dad a-hard-days-night-john-6 That’s funny

My opinion on Justin Bieber: A *^&%^&^* piece of &*^% no talent little *%$^ cocky piece of &^*% with a bucketful of *^&% republican &^&% MICKY MOUSE!

That and somebody get him some skin-care products a-hard-days-night-paul-8

23 January 2014
10.48pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5717sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Good news everyone, I have made it in the acting world (apparently) Seems as if I was on the television for a play I did a while ago, my phone was just buzzing with people saying ‘you’re on the telly’. The only people have ever heard on the telly is my phone so seeing my face is like a-hard-days-night-ringo-6Well good on them for broadcasting it after the watershed, I think little children would be crying if they saw my face brian-epstein

Congratulations, ASJ! What was it, when was it shown, and can it be found anywhere.

And don’t do the bit about having an after-the-watershed face here! We all know you’re beautiful!

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 January 2014
10.55pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

mja6758 said

AppleScruffJunior said

Congratulations, ASJ! What was it, when was it shown, and can it be found anywhere.

And don’t do the bit about having an after-the-watershed face here! We all know you’re beautiful!

Aww thank you my tentacles salute you! It was an excerpt from ‘The Roses of Eyam’ which I did last year (my character died, good times) It was shown on RTÉ 1 and I think it was featured during a 3-minute ‘look our youth are some what talented….apparently’ And I don’t think so but I’ll check the RTÉ player on the laptop tomorrow morning a-hard-days-night-george-9

23 January 2014
11.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5719sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oops! That was actually typoed first time around, and I will correct it.

mja6758 said
One of the charges – resisting arrest with violence! Oh boy! Enjoy your first night in prison! Resisting the shower scene without violence isn’t going to work!

That should have been:

mja6758 said
One of the charges – resisting arrest without violence! Oh boy! Enjoy your first night in prison! Resisting the shower scene without violence isn’t going to work!

23 January 2014
11.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5720sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its obviously the media’s fault, putting all that pressure on him.

Poor Justin. I bet he was framed and set up. They all have it in for him.

JB’s just 19, all kids do this. They are just picking on him because of who he is.

All 3 of the above were no doubt posted on twitter by his fans within seconds of his arrest.

Personally i’m not interested in the slightest what he gets up to as long as i don’t have to listen to him “sing” or watch him “act”.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691