Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
17 January 2014
11.17pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

trcanberra said

wetsroosa said

fabfouremily said
Djokovic proves just how hot it really is. I feel warm just thinking about it. Keep yourself cool trcapple01

[SNIP]

C’mon Djokovic, that court is UNSANITARY COOKING CONDITIONS!

… although if he could cook an egg, then he can surely make some really good bacon and hash browns, too. And we think tennis is all the man can do.a-hard-days-night-john-6

I have visions of a food inspector turning up and putting him in the slammer – there goes the Open :)

Nah! I don’t think that’s a worry unless he sets up a concession stand on the edge of the court to start selling them!

The biggest worry he has that a long game will spoil his changing ends snack of a medium rare steak that he has cooking on the edge of the court.

Still, your weather could be worse! This was the Niagara Falls in recent weeks:

140109101902_Niagara-Falls.jpgImage Enlarger

Which would you prefer?

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

18 January 2014
12.28am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5642sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Amazing stuff.  I saw a bunch of frozen waterfalls in Europe in 1987 I think it was, one of their coldest winters in many years – quite a sight!  The North Sea was frozen at Volendam and we have photos of us walking on it, plus the canals in Amsterdam were frozen and people ice-skating on them.  We were also at the place they filmed Sound of Music and walked on that lake – and had 3 members of our coach tour in hospital in Vienna with minor cases of frostbite.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

18 January 2014
4.13am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5643sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

wetsroosa said

fabfouremily said
Djokovic proves just how hot it really is. I feel warm just thinking about it. Keep yourself cool trcapple01

[SNIP]

C’mon Djokovic, that court is UNSANITARY COOKING CONDITIONS!

… although if he could cook an egg, then he can surely make some really good bacon and hash browns, too. And we think tennis is all the man can do.a-hard-days-night-john-6

I have visions of a food inspector turning up and putting him in the slammer – there goes the Open :)

Would that food inspector be… a certain Spaniard who beat Djokovic at the French & US Opens last year? 

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

18 January 2014
3.58pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5644sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks to getting Amazon gift cards with my credit card rewards points, I’m adding more George to my Beatles collection. So far I only had All Things Must Pass .

I just ordered these 7 items: Living in the Material World, Traveling Wilburys 2CD/1DVD deluxe edition, Brainwashed, George Harrison , Gone Troppo , Cloud Nine , and something I saw that I might like but haven’t seen mentioned on the forum, Blue Suede Shoes: Rockabilly Sessions that has George Harrison , Carl Perkins, Eric Clapton, and Ringo Starr . And I remembered to use one of Joe’s links ahdn_george_08.

Mom said I could have her rewards points from her credit card too (yes, I am loved). I just ordered 2 more Amazon cards. When they arrive, I can do some more shopping :-)

18 January 2014
5.33pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5645sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Thanks to getting Amazon gift cards with my credit card rewards points, I’m adding more George to my Beatles collection. So far I only had All Things Must Pass .

I just ordered these 7 items: Living in the Material World, Traveling Wilburys 2CD/1DVD deluxe edition, Brainwashed, George Harrison , Gone Troppo , Cloud Nine , and something I saw that I might like but haven’t seen mentioned on the forum, Blue Suede Shoes: Rockabilly Sessions that has George Harrison , Carl Perkins, Eric Clapton, and Ringo Starr . And I remembered to use one of Joe’s links ahdn_george_08.

Mom said I could have her rewards points from her credit card too (yes, I am loved). I just ordered 2 more Amazon cards. When they arrive, I can do some more shopping :-)

Nice a-hard-days-night-george-10 I approve apple01

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

18 January 2014
5.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5646sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Figured you would, ASJ! heart

18 January 2014
7.28pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5647sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m so nervous, the next three weeks I’ll have exams again and I have to finish some projects and essays. I hope it’ll go just as well as last time and that I’ll pass all of them in one time.

18 January 2014
7.41pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5648sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
I’m so nervous, the next three weeks I’ll have exams again and I have to finish some projects and essays. I hope it’ll go just as well as last time and that I’ll pass all of them in one time.

You can do it. We believe in you!

Did you do one of those volunteer project thingies you mentioned some time ago?

18 January 2014
9.01pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Linde said

Linde, I know this is a bad time but in June 2015 if I pay for a flight for you to Ireland and give you free accommodation etc. Will you sit the Dutch leaving cert exam for me please?

*tries to insert puppy dog eye picture but the site won’t let me*

A free trip to Ireland just to do a 3 hour exam for me. I get an A1 and you get a holiday, I’ll bring you to all the tourist sites and everything!!!

Here’s the paper from last year, I am awaiting your reply a-hard-days-night-george-10

http://www.examinations.ie/arc…..P000EV.pdf

18 January 2014
9.13pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5650sp_Permalink sp_Print

I love Google translate.

paragraph 1:

Language is not just a means to get something to busy
n. If that were true, would certainly be a language all
competitors disabled. But language has a
perhaps just as important second function:
express our identity.
18 January 2014
9.18pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

^ Yeah I think ‘Ook’ is my new favourite word, that and I shall say ‘hasta la pasta’ more

Edit: Oh and if any one else wants to help Ms. ScruffJunior go to college, you are more then happy to.

I am currently looking for people who do/know:

Accounting, Ancient Greek, Arabic, Art, Biology, Bulgarian, Chemistry, Czech, Estonian, History, Hungarian, Japanese (do you think Yoko would take the exam for me?), Latvian, Physics, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish

Any takers? Actually I do have all the languages covered (except Japanese) because I do meet people on my travels…hmmm any scientists/accountants wish to help

18 January 2014
9.21pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5652sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

I know it’s hard, but try not to worrry too much. Best of luck for when they come apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

18 January 2014
10.26pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5653sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Great collection that.  I had a discussion about that Rockabilly Session CD in another post here somewhere, there is also a DVD – both have excellent reviews.  That Wilburys set is just brilliant.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

18 January 2014
10.31pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said

Great collection that.  I had a discussion about that Rockabilly Session CD in another post here somewhere, there is also a DVD – both have excellent reviews.  That Wilburys set is just brilliant.

Since you mentioned that you posted about Rockabilly Sessions before, I had to go back and search again. I missed your post when searching earlier.

And there’s this one too by you.

OK. I do not get a gold star today.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14ahdn_paul_01paul-mccartney

18 January 2014
11.07pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5655sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just found some Beatles ecards, hence why the forum is being inundated with the better ones, one i will not post in case it brings about Armageddon with some posters.

This one is for those with exams coming up, should speak to so many here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR3u0xV2Ta6W9kXS1urn66e-8rzvx1a0pNs1pkhdCUWg0Er_HXIAImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 January 2014
11.22pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
Just found some Beatles ecards, hence why the forum is being inundated with the better ones, one i will not post in case it brings about Armageddon with some posters.
[snip

I see several like that. I groaned and shook my head for Expert Textpert over one of them so that he wouldn’t have to.

EDIT:make that several that our friend would not be happy with.

18 January 2014
11.32pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5657sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said
[snip

I see several like that. I groaned and shook my head for Expert Textpert over one of them so that he wouldn’t have to.

It’s probably the same one. I found it amusing in a “what the hell?” kind of way. There are lines drawn of decency and taste and that was so far away the line was just a dot in the far off distance, visible only thru a pair of binoculars.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 January 2014
11.52pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5658sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said
  [SNIP]  I can do some more shopping :-)

Since you mentioned that you posted about Rockabilly Sessions before, I had to go back and search again. I missed your post when searching earlier.

And there’s this one too by you.

OK. I do not get a gold star today.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14ahdn_paul_01paul-mccartney

Ah – but that’s some nice detective work – and the posts were a bit obscure :)

I have the CD and DVD on the stack for the appropriate year – George looks like he is having a great time in some of the pics inside.

18 January 2014
11.55pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5659sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said
[snip

It’s probably the same one. I found it amusing in a “what the hell?” kind of way. There are lines drawn of decency and taste and that was so far away the line was just a dot in the far off distance, visible only thru a pair of binoculars.

It goes along with that nasty Yoko forum we discussed.

19 January 2014
3.45am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5660sp_Permalink sp_Print

Though it won’t happen, a Paul & Nancy child would be beautiful.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691