The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 280 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
14 January 2014
7.38pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616
(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
14 January 2014
7.42pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3218

The Answer is Paul McCartney and John Lennon Wikipedia discographies.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
14 January 2014
8.05pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said

Excellent, it works.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
14 January 2014
10.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5522

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

mja6758 said

Excellent, it works.

Welcome to the advanced user's club.

14 January 2014
10.47pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10388

Was having a muck about with firefox plug-ins and I've just discovered i can download what i thought were undownloadable tracks using one of them.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 Should add that its not from a huge site like itunes, youtube or amazon, nothing like that in the slightest so no downloading billions of tracks, but its a pretty cool discovery.mal-evans

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
15 January 2014
12.46am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1770

The first of three forecast 39 degree days in a row - sigh (that's over 102 for those of you stuck in the last century).

Sleep all but impossible even with fans etc. - I'll try not to get TOO cranky :)

15 January 2014
12.49am
Ahhh Girl

Our new t-shirts for work.

15 January 2014
1.05am
meanmistermustard

Am currently having a fight with iTunes as it is refusing to list the correct running time for She's A Woman Take 5. I converted it into AAC from mp3 as someone mentioned that in a forum so its now longer than it was in mp3 but still 20 seconds shorter than it should be (note this is the displayed song length, its not cutting off or anything). Its just annoying. 

Normally taking it off the computer and then adding it back in to the library works but not tonight.

Fixed it by shoving it thru Wavepad Sound Editor.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
15 January 2014
1.26am
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said
The first of three forecast 39 degree days in a row - sigh (that's over 102 for those of you stuck in the last century).

Sleep all but impossible even with fans etc. - I'll try not to get TOO cranky :)

We'll forgive you if you do.hearta-hard-days-night-john-6We're your friends. You are safe with us. We will know it is the heat talking and not you.

15 January 2014
1.48am
meanmistermustard

trcanberra said

Saw it in the news at the Australian Open: folk collapsing, getting burnt on their backsides when sitting down, shoes and water bottles melting, players slipping into the shade at every opportunity. And the response from the tournament director amounted to little more than no-one has died yet have they so stop complaining. When they do we'll think about responding. 

Would love to be there tho, lying in the shade with 45 cool drinks and ice boxes. Better than a cold and damp Scottish Winter.

15 January 2014
2.37am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

mja6758 said

Excellent, it works.

Welcome to the advanced user's club.

In only 268 posts, too! 

15 January 2014
3.56am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1106

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

Saw it in the news at the Australian Open: folk collapsing, getting burnt on their backsides when sitting down, shoes and water bottles melting, players slipping into the shade at every opportunity. And the response from the tournament director amounted to little more than no-one has died yet have they so stop complaining. When they do we'll think about responding. 

Would love to be there tho, lying in the shade with 45 cool drinks and ice boxes. Better than a cold and damp Scottish Winter.

Yeah, I'm watching it on ESPN right now and it's 108 (Ok, I'm stuck in the last century) degrees on court. And the scary thing is it used to be worse because they used to play on a surface called Rebound Ace, which was made from melted-down old tires. I have a DVD of the '93 men's final and the temp on court was 125! a-hard-days-night-paul-3

The Aussie Open is one of those "bucket list" trips for me, I'd love to be able to experience it, especially if Australia can finally crank out a top tennis player again.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
15 January 2014
3.59am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1770

^ I don't generally drink much beer, but in this weather the odd cold one finds it way into the house :)

[EDIT]  "Players fainted and vomited and a ball boy collapsed as the Australian Open boiled in one of the hottest days in its history Tuesday, prompting angry complaints and keeping fans away in droves."

[EDIT 2] Wow - predicted hotter for Melbourne tomorrow and 46 for Adelaide (114.8) and our prediction nudged up from 39 to 40.

I'd say something about global warming here except Adelaide hit 46.1 on two days in 1939.

15 January 2014
1.04pm
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said
^ I don't generally drink much beer, but in this weather the odd cold one finds it way into the house :)

[EDIT]  "Players fainted and vomited and a ball boy collapsed as the Australian Open boiled in one of the hottest days in its history Tuesday, prompting angry complaints and keeping fans away in droves."

[EDIT 2] Wow - predicted hotter for Melbourne tomorrow and 46 for Adelaide (114.8) and our prediction nudged up from 39 to 40.

I'd say something about global warming here except Adelaide hit 46.1 on two days in 1939.

Yikes. Heat, heat, go away. trcanberra wants to play...and so do all the tennis players and ball boys.

15 January 2014
4.35pm
Ahhh Girl

The paper I wrote with 3 colleagues just got accepted for publication. Celebration!!!!

AND...my director has approved and passed on my promotion portfolio. Now, the portfolio goes to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, then the President, then the state Board of Regents. I will know the VP's decision by February 15th, the president's by March 15th, and the Regent's decision by May 15th. If you can spare any positive vibes please send them in the direction of those who will be reviewing my portfolio.

15 January 2014
5.26pm
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said

The paper I wrote with 3 colleagues just got accepted to the American Library Association's Technical Services Journal. Celebration!!!!

AND...my director has approved and passed on my promotion portfolio. Now, the portfolio goes to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, then the President, then the state Board of Regents. I will know the VP's decision by February 15th, the president's by March 15th, and the Regent's decision by May 15th. If you can spare any positive vibes please send them in the direction of those who will be reviewing my portfolio.

A hearty congratulations on your paper being accepted. I hope you all go out for a celebration drink.

I would send a cake (people are easy to influence when eating cake) to those making a decision on your promotion portfolio (what is that by the way?), but it would only go off and make them ill so not a good idea. Instead the best of luck and positive thoughts.

And just because i saw it

15 January 2014
5.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Thanks, mmm.

Promotion Portfolio. Basically, it is a 3-ring binder with a narrative review/summary of my past five years at work with work samples. I have to show that I am staying current and active in all aspects of my job: effective librarianship (including classroom teaching, reference, cataloging, library technology, etc.), research and creative/scholarly activity (that's where that published paper comes in handy), professional service (the work that I do on state-wide library committees), university service (such as serving on committees like the Institutional Assessment Committee or Faculty Senate), and public outreach (such as my service in judging the Poetry Out Loud contest for our area of the state).

I trust you enough to eat a slice of a cake that you bake. :-)

15 January 2014
5.57pm
meanmistermustard

These additional ad things that load up when you open threads on the forum are a right pain in the backside. The page opens fine but then stops as some crappy extra takes what seems an age to do what it has to.

15 January 2014
9.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

Ahhh Girl said

The paper I wrote with 3 colleagues just got accepted to the American Library Association's Technical Services Journal. Celebration!!!!

Ahhhh congratulatiuons!! Very happy to hear it apple01heart

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

15 January 2014
9.20pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4549

Ahhh Girl said

...and there was much rejoicing.

Way to go, AG!!!

Wishing you lots of luck (not that you'll need it, of course) on your promotion.

apple01

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10388

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5522

parlance: 5498

Annadog40: 4738

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4549

Mr. Kite: 4298

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2684

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3149

Newest Members: ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats, Alex

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5522, meanmistermustard: 10388, Zig: 4549, Joe: 3492

Administrators: Joe: 3492, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None