Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
14 January 2014
10.25pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5581sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

mja6758 said
The Answer is Paul McCartney and John Lennon Wikipedia discographies.

Excellent, it works.

Welcome to the advanced user’s club.

14 January 2014
10.47pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

Was having a muck about with firefox plug-ins and I’ve just discovered i can download what i thought were undownloadable tracks using one of them.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 Should add that its not from a huge site like itunes, youtube or amazon, nothing like that in the slightest so no downloading billions of tracks, but its a pretty cool discovery.mal-evans

beatles_bron.jpgImage Enlarger

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 January 2014
12.46am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5583sp_Permalink sp_Print

The first of three forecast 39 degree days in a row – sigh (that’s over 102 for those of you stuck in the last century).

Sleep all but impossible even with fans etc. – I’ll try not to get TOO cranky :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

15 January 2014
12.49am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5584sp_Permalink sp_Print

Our new t-shirts for work.

994721_10151860153250779_2143313599_n.jpgImage Enlarger

1525497_10151860153165779_1471740457_n.jpgImage Enlarger

15 January 2014
1.05am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Am currently having a fight with iTunes as it is refusing to list the correct running time for She’s A Woman Take 5. I converted it into AAC from mp3 as someone mentioned that in a forum so its now longer than it was in mp3 but still 20 seconds shorter than it should be (note this is the displayed song length, its not cutting off or anything). Its just annoying. 

Normally taking it off the computer and then adding it back in to the library works but not tonight.

Fixed it by shoving it thru Wavepad Sound Editor.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 January 2014
1.26am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5586sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
The first of three forecast 39 degree days in a row – sigh (that’s over 102 for those of you stuck in the last century).

Sleep all but impossible even with fans etc. – I’ll try not to get TOO cranky :)

We’ll forgive you if you do.hearta-hard-days-night-john-6We’re your friends. You are safe with us. We will know it is the heat talking and not you.

15 January 2014
1.48am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5587sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Saw it in the news at the Australian Open: folk collapsing, getting burnt on their backsides when sitting down, shoes and water bottles melting, players slipping into the shade at every opportunity. And the response from the tournament director amounted to little more than no-one has died yet have they so stop complaining. When they do we’ll think about responding. 

Would love to be there tho, lying in the shade with 45 cool drinks and ice boxes. Better than a cold and damp Scottish Winter.

15 January 2014
2.37am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
5588sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

mja6758 said
The Answer is Paul McCartney and John Lennon Wikipedia discographies.

Excellent, it works.

Welcome to the advanced user’s club.

In only 268 posts, too! 

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

15 January 2014
3.56am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5589sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

trcanberra said

Saw it in the news at the Australian Open: folk collapsing, getting burnt on their backsides when sitting down, shoes and water bottles melting, players slipping into the shade at every opportunity. And the response from the tournament director amounted to little more than no-one has died yet have they so stop complaining. When they do we’ll think about responding. 

Would love to be there tho, lying in the shade with 45 cool drinks and ice boxes. Better than a cold and damp Scottish Winter.

Yeah, I’m watching it on ESPN right now and it’s 108 (Ok, I’m stuck in the last century) degrees on court. And the scary thing is it used to be worse because they used to play on a surface called Rebound Ace, which was made from melted-down old tires. I have a DVD of the ’93 men’s final and the temp on court was 125! a-hard-days-night-paul-3

The Aussie Open is one of those “bucket list” trips for me, I’d love to be able to experience it, especially if Australia can finally crank out a top tennis player again.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

15 January 2014
3.59am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

^ I don’t generally drink much beer, but in this weather the odd cold one finds it way into the house :)

[EDIT]  “Players fainted and vomited and a ball boy collapsed as the Australian Open boiled in one of the hottest days in its history Tuesday, prompting angry complaints and keeping fans away in droves.”

[EDIT 2] Wow – predicted hotter for Melbourne tomorrow and 46 for Adelaide (114.8) and our prediction nudged up from 39 to 40.

I’d say something about global warming here except Adelaide hit 46.1 on two days in 1939.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

15 January 2014
1.04pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5591sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
^ I don’t generally drink much beer, but in this weather the odd cold one finds it way into the house :)

[EDIT]  “Players fainted and vomited and a ball boy collapsed as the Australian Open boiled in one of the hottest days in its history Tuesday, prompting angry complaints and keeping fans away in droves.”

[EDIT 2] Wow – predicted hotter for Melbourne tomorrow and 46 for Adelaide (114.8) and our prediction nudged up from 39 to 40.

I’d say something about global warming here except Adelaide hit 46.1 on two days in 1939.

Yikes. Heat, heat, go away. trcanberra wants to play…and so do all the tennis players and ball boys.

15 January 2014
4.35pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

tumblr_m9c4z8jvaN1r4q6rl.gifImage Enlarger

The paper I wrote with 3 colleagues just got accepted for publication. Celebration!!!!

AND…my director has approved and passed on my promotion portfolio. Now, the portfolio goes to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, then the President, then the state Board of Regents. I will know the VP’s decision by February 15th, the president’s by March 15th, and the Regent’s decision by May 15th. If you can spare any positive vibes please send them in the direction of those who will be reviewing my portfolio.

15 January 2014
5.26pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5593sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

The paper I wrote with 3 colleagues just got accepted to the American Library Association’s Technical Services Journal. Celebration!!!!

AND…my director has approved and passed on my promotion portfolio. Now, the portfolio goes to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, then the President, then the state Board of Regents. I will know the VP’s decision by February 15th, the president’s by March 15th, and the Regent’s decision by May 15th. If you can spare any positive vibes please send them in the direction of those who will be reviewing my portfolio.

A hearty congratulations on your paper being accepted. I hope you all go out for a celebration drink.

I would send a cake (people are easy to influence when eating cake) to those making a decision on your promotion portfolio (what is that by the way?), but it would only go off and make them ill so not a good idea. Instead the best of luck and positive thoughts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz3hmuTIiW3wemS0YWOt-8zN0p4iVypoK7LlM_Kw7eHDWiDPBxlwImage Enlarger

And just because i saw it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeQdhjAiuAd80BEOmYigK0VLipO9Jd5lIlnFYctCXrnSq0RR0LqwImage Enlarger

15 January 2014
5.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5594sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, mmm.

Promotion Portfolio. Basically, it is a 3-ring binder with a narrative review/summary of my past five years at work with work samples. I have to show that I am staying current and active in all aspects of my job: effective librarianship (including classroom teaching, reference, cataloging, library technology, etc.), research and creative/scholarly activity (that’s where that published paper comes in handy), professional service (the work that I do on state-wide library committees), university service (such as serving on committees like the Institutional Assessment Committee or Faculty Senate), and public outreach (such as my service in judging the Poetry Out Loud contest for our area of the state).

I trust you enough to eat a slice of a cake that you bake. :-)

15 January 2014
5.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5595sp_Permalink sp_Print

These additional ad things that load up when you open threads on the forum are a right pain in the backside. The page opens fine but then stops as some crappy extra takes what seems an age to do what it has to.

15 January 2014
9.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5596sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

The paper I wrote with 3 colleagues just got accepted to the American Library Association’s Technical Services Journal. Celebration!!!!

Ahhhh congratulatiuons!! Very happy to hear it apple01heart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 January 2014
9.20pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5597sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

…and there was much rejoicing.

Way to go, AG!!!

Wishing you lots of luck (not that you’ll need it, of course) on your promotion.

apple01

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

15 January 2014
9.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Well today has been a whirlwind and sorry I haven’t been posting for a while, I’m busy helping a drama group choreograph their play. Speaking of the play, here’s a trailer for it…oooh scary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..XggiuCKEc8

In other news today I went to see ‘Wicked’ in Dublin and before that we got to stop at a shopping centre. I won a €50 gift card in a public-speaking contest about 3 months ago and of course I head straight for HMV. Bloody hell, the prices were ridiculous! As much as I do want to spend €16 on Let It Be …Naked (the cover is also badly scratched) I think I’ll let that one slide. I picked up a copy of ‘Live At The BBC : Volume 2′ and seeing there was no Volume 1 I went up to the counter to ask (they had the joint collection edition amabob for €42 :O, no way in bloody hell was I spending that on 2 CDs ) Imagine a heavily Dublin-accented man standing at the counter

I walked up with a copy of V2 and Eric Clapton: Unplugged Deluxe edition

Me: Hello, good kind gent* Have you got LATBBC V1?

Him: Ahhhhh we should ‘ave

Me: Yes, well you have V2 and no V1 in the racks so I was hoping you’d have it out the back or whatever

Him: Now let me say, ahhhhh….ahhhhhh…..ahhhhhhhh No, no we don’t

Me: Right, well I saw you had The Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 but I was wondering if you had TTW Collection

Him: Now that one we definitely have….ahhhhhh…ahhhhh actually no we don’t

Me: Alright then so I’ll just get The Beatles and Clapton CD. Is it alright if I use a gift card *pulls out All For One voucher*? 

Him: Ahhhh no we don’t except them any more, new management, ye know

Me: (Sadly) Alright then, I can’t pay for the Clapton CD so I’ll just get The Beatles then :(

Him: Right so, sorry about that

Me: It’s alright :(

It was a sad event, saying goodbye to a Clapton CD for the second time in 4 months :(

Anyhoo I went to a bookshop and spend €25 getting 3 Game of Throne’s books on my gift card, so I still have €25 left hazah!

‘Wicked’ was brilliant but on the way back, some stupid 12 year old, first year girls were sitting in my front of my friend, creeping us out with their soul-penetrating stares. We ended up having a slagging match for the last 20 minutes of our bus trip, so it was quite amusing. Nobody will ever win against me in a slagging match :P I had to walk home and one of them warned me she was a boxer, ooooohhh I’m so scared of a 12 year old boxer a-hard-days-night-george-10Listen little girl, I have 2 older brothers, I have been fighting since I was 4, nobody especially a 12 year old is going to beat me in a fight a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Silly girl yoko-ono_01

*I may not have said that, you decide

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Mr. Kite

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

15 January 2014
10.01pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5599sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Awesome news – I’m confident it will all sail through now :)

15 January 2014
10.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Thanks, all!

ASJ, have you seen Holly’s introduction on the “introduce yourself” thread?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Sea Belt
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691