Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 January 2014
4.26pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5541sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got, I’m assuming, the same set. I never expect bootleg titles to be completely accurate – and knew that as soon as I saw how many a-sides there were on it. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good set, and it gave me lots of tracks I didn’t have.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

9 January 2014
5.38pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5542sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
I got, I’m assuming, the same set. I never expect bootleg titles to be completely accurate – and knew that as soon as I saw how many a-sides there were on it. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good set, and it gave me lots of tracks I didn’t have.

It’s a decent set and does fill in some holes like the two Unplugged tracks that were issued on the Biker Like An Icon single (Things We Said Today being particularly nice) and  the 12″ instrumental remix of Say Say Say (no vocals means it cant be as bad as the commercial version). We must shop in the same area of town.a-hard-days-night-john-5

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 January 2014
5.42pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5543sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

mja6758 said

It’s a decent set and does fill in some holes like the two Unplugged tracks that were issued on the Biker Like An Icon single (Things We Said Today being particularly nice) and  the 12″ instrumental remix of Say Say Say (no vocals means it cant be as bad as the commercial version). We must shop in the same area of town.a-hard-days-night-john-5

Really good stores in that part of town. a-hard-days-night-george-10

9 January 2014
5.47pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5544sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

mja6758 said

Definitely. Nothing like a good bargain every Now And Then . Just got to keep your eyes out. a-hard-days-night-john-3

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 January 2014
6.16pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5545sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

mja6758 said

Definitely. Nothing like a good bargain every Now And Then . Just got to keep your eyes out. a-hard-days-night-john-3

If you see a shop window with a fetching display, please let me know.

9 January 2014
10.16pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5546sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve had such a weird week. The kind of week where everything seems to go wrong, you know? First I got the flu, which couldn’t stay out really, since everyone in this house already had it. Then I found out my grandma has cancer. Next day my laptopbag fell apart, I missed my train, screwed up at work and then screwed up my dinner, which was one of the easiest things ever to make. Oh and I also let go of my two so called ”best friends”. I thought that was the best after months of ignoring me, not having time for me, gossiping about me and stuff. I always have to listen to their stories about fights with boyfriends or hot guys at work or whatever, but when I recently wanted to tell them something I felt bad about, they wouldn’t even respond. I haven’t seen them in almost two months, even though they see each other often and I only live 5 minutes away. And I hear a lot of stuff they say about me from others. So I decided to tell them they could fuck off, that I am a person and that I won’t let people mess with me, and that I really didn’t expect them to be like this. I had thought a lot about this before I did it, because I don’t have that many friends left (a lot of them have moved and we have contact, but you know what it’s like) but then I came to the realisation that it’s better to have nothing than this. And then it started. Everytime I tweeted something, one of them would tweet something like ”ugh annoying” or xD right after it. Come on, we’re adults and we’re students, not 12 year old for god’s sake! It made me even more sure about my decision.

We once were a tight group of 5 friends with a few other good friends but they all either left or were dumped and I never knew why. I always thought it was their own fault, but now I know better. Now it’s just the two of them left, exactly like they wanted. 

I know I shouldn’t think about it this much and that I have to stand above it all, but Jesus, it just really sucks to get backstabbed like that, especially since I’ve known them for years now. 

9 January 2014
10.40pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5547sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ sorry to hear things have not been great, but confident that it can only get better from here – chin up!!

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

9 January 2014
10.50pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5548sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
^ sorry to hear things have not been great, but confident that it can only get better from here – chin up!!

Yes, Linde, we are all rooting for you to find some new, real friends. Keep your eyes a-hard-days-night-john-3 and ears open. Be yourself. You will attract the right kind of attention and the right kind of people to befriend.

9 January 2014
10.56pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5549sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

Yes, Linde, we are all rooting for you to find some new, real friends. Keep your eyes a-hard-days-night-john-3 and ears open. Be yourself. You will attract the right kind of attention and the right kind of people to befriend.

And of course you have lots of internet friends here – you can only get internet *hugs* but they can be better than false ones :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

9 January 2014
11.16pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5550sp_Permalink sp_Print

So true, trcanberra. So true. A big BB hug for our Linde.

10 January 2014
12.52am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5551sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hope things get better for you from here in Linde and here’s also wishing you a speedy recovery from the flu. Enjoy the weekend when it comes.

10 January 2014
2.28pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5552sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear you’ve having a tough time, Linde *hugs* From what you’ve said before, it didn’t really seem like you were happy with your friends, and it doesn’t sound like they were that nice to you, so it sounds to me like you made the right decision to stand up for yourself. Good on you. I know it can be quite scary when they’re the only ”friends” you have.

Hope your weekend’s a bit better apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

11 January 2014
4.14am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Duh. Never thought about “rossa” as in wetsroosa meaning red. Just never stopped to think about it. It hit me when I was looking at the names of the high speed trains in Italy:

Frecciarossa · Frecciargento · Frecciabianca.

Red Arrow · Silver Arrow · White Arrow

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/…..17f90aRCRD

11 January 2014
12.03pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5554sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m up to 1970, thank goodness.  No more ‘experimental’ albums for a while – I did heavy duty yesterday and today giving Electronic Sound , Wedding Album and Live Peace In Toronto (including ‘side’ 2) their due.

I then listened to Future Days by Pearl Jam (off their latest album) with that thought firmly in my head.  Apart from being a great song it sounded absolutely breathtaking on my new stereo system :)

11 January 2014
1.53pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
5555sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Duh. Never thought about “rossa” as in wetsroosa meaning red. Just never stopped to think about it. It hit me when I was looking at the names of the high speed trains in Italy:

Are the two “o”s in roosa the same as the two “s”s in rossa?

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

11 January 2014
2.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

Can y’all tell I’m not getting enough sleep lately? Eyes crossing. Brain frying. Thanks for pointing this utter silliness out to me.

EDIT: Now I remember why I thought of this. When wetsroosa says his name on his radio show it sounds like ROSE-A. I had in my mind differently until I heard him say it.

11 January 2014
7.26pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
5557sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

Can y’all tell I’m not getting enough sleep lately? Eyes crossing. Brain frying. Thanks for pointing this utter silliness out to me.

EDIT: Now I remember why I thought of this. When wetsroosa says his name on his radio show it sounds like ROSE-A. I had in my mind differently until I heard him say it.

It depends on which Roosa you’re talking to, as well as where they live. I do pronounce it “Row-ZA,” (think Rosa Parks), because that’s what I was taught, but I’m certain there are others, especially in Holland, that go with “ROO-sah,” like the roo in rooster. (Which was my nickname on my high school baseball team.) The name is Dutch, BTW. I wish in that USAA insurance commericial featuring Stu Roosa’s granddaughters that one of those girls would have said his first and last name, since he’s still the most famous Roosa there is and I’d be curious to hear how they pronounce it.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

11 January 2014
7.48pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5558sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

It depends on which Roosa you’re talking to, as well as where they live. I do pronounce it “Row-ZA,” (think Rosa Parks), because that’s what I was taught, but I’m certain there are others, especially in Holland, that go with “ROO-sah,” like the roo in rooster. (Which was my nickname on my high school baseball team.) The name is Dutch, BTW. I wish in that USAA insurance commericial featuring Stu Roosa’s granddaughters that one of those girls would have said his first and last name, since he’s still the most famous Roosa there is and I’d be curious to hear how they pronounce it.

So I’m not too far off my rocker yet. I knew there was something going on with this. Thanks for the added commentary. I’ll listen more closely to the pronunciation today.

11 January 2014
8.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5559sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, I heard the Row-ZA.

13 January 2014
2.43pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5560sp_Permalink sp_Print

I rather feel like a dunce. I just now realized that since the middle of last July when I ripped my Anthology 1 to put it on my mp3 player, I forgot, overlooked, and/or didn’t realize it was a 2 disc set. I’ve only had part 2 this whole time. I’ll rectify that situation now.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691