The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 276 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
6 January 2014
7.52pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 331
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7 January 2014
12.01am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5531
5513sp_Permalink

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, [SNIP].

Can't be fun being a Spurs fan having Tim Sherwood as your manager. Goodbye Europe. Man U need 3 or 4 really good players or their season will end disastrously. It isn't just Moyes who is to blame, the team Ferguson left is filled with too many ageing players and/or duds (Anderson, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, Smalling. Wellbeck is nowhere near as good as the media build him up to be.) and desperately needs midfielders who can create. The fact Man U won the title last season was more down to the manager, the signing of van Persie (who's currently injured), and the lack of decent opposition challenging. And don't forget Fergie's first few years in charge, the stories go that he was one game away from the sack.

Me, i'm a happy neutral who supports a Junior side in Glasgow (not kids playing but men who are paid either very little or nothing normally - we don't do the naming thing simple in Scotland, think non-League in England). Costs less than a £5 to get in and its well worth it.

Spot on there mmm.  I think it all goes back to the 'new' owners and the sale of Ronaldo to pay their debt and line their pockets - I expect many tough years ahead unless they prove me wrong.  Would love to have them make me eat my words :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
7 January 2014
12.17am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17120
5516sp_Permalink

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, [SNIP].

Can't be fun being a Spurs fan having Tim Sherwood as your manager. Goodbye Europe. Man U need 3 or 4 really good players or their season will end disastrously. It isn't just Moyes who is to blame, the team Ferguson left is filled with too many ageing players and/or duds (Anderson, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, Smalling. Wellbeck is nowhere near as good as the media build him up to be.) and desperately needs midfielders who can create. The fact Man U won the title last season was more down to the manager, the signing of van Persie (who's currently injured), and the lack of decent opposition challenging. And don't forget Fergie's first few years in charge, the stories go that he was one game away from the sack.

Me, i'm a happy neutral who supports a Junior side in Glasgow (not kids playing but men who are paid either very little or nothing normally - we don't do the naming thing simple in Scotland, think non-League in England). Costs less than a £5 to get in and its well worth it.

Spot on there mmm.  I think it all goes back to the 'new' owners and the sale of Ronaldo to pay their debt and line their pockets - I expect many tough years ahead unless they prove me wrong.  Would love to have them make me eat my words :)

Yip. I suspect the debacle in last summer's transfer window was caused in some part by all the money that needs to be repaid thru the loans they have to service their debts that they created to buy the club (have i got that right?). I think Ferguson had such a legendary status that if he caused enough noise inside the club (never out in the open) then players would be bought but Moyes doesn't have that - tho he did act like an imbecile in the press when they were going about trying to conduct their business.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
7 January 2014
6.52pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10726
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
36 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)