The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 276 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
6 January 2014
4.43am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, that's cool about your Grandfather. My brother is a United fan, so naturally the only team that I hate more than ManU is Arsenal (I am a Spurs fan, after all)

I figured it best not to quote the ultra long-post.

Edit: I just remembered the reason I came over to this thread was to suggest that a new member name themselves MeanMrKetchup. I would have done it myself if I had thought of it.

At least you can brag that even Spurs can beat us at Old Trafford now, like everyone else, EXCEPT Arsenal :)

It's been about 20 odd years since I saw us play this badly, hard to go back to those bad old days again - that's what comes of getting a manager who has never won a thing in his life.  I'd love to get such a high paid job on the basis of a CV with no accomplishments on it.

And I have. Nonstop. Meanwhile, our manager sacking seems to be working out pretty well.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
6 January 2014
11.40am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9898

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, that's cool about your Grandfather. My brother is a United fan, so naturally the only team that I hate more than ManU is Arsenal (I am a Spurs fan, after all)

I figured it best not to quote the ultra long-post.

Edit: I just remembered the reason I came over to this thread was to suggest that a new member name themselves MeanMrKetchup. I would have done it myself if I had thought of it.

Can't be fun being a Spurs fan having Tim Sherwood as your manager. Goodbye Europe. Man U need 3 or 4 really good players or their season will end disastrously. It isn't just Moyes who is to blame, the team Ferguson left is filled with too many ageing players and/or duds (Anderson, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, Smalling. Wellbeck is nowhere near as good as the media build him up to be.) and desperately needs midfielders who can create. The fact Man U won the title last season was more down to the manager, the signing of van Persie (who's currently injured), and the lack of decent opposition challenging. And don't forget Fergie's first few years in charge, the stories go that he was one game away from the sack.

Me, i'm a happy neutral who supports a Junior side in Glasgow (not kids playing but men who are paid either very little or nothing normally - we don't do the naming thing simple in Scotland, think non-League in England). Costs less than a £5 to get in and its well worth it.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
6 January 2014
7.27pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1774

THERE IS A SPIDER EGG SAC IN MY ROOM!!!!! paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney *curls into fetal position*

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
6 January 2014
7.45pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5160

AppleScruffJunior said
THERE IS A SPIDER EGG SAC IN MY ROOM!!!!! paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney *curls into fetal position*

Yeah, um, I can't think of a single Beatles song with a spider in it.

Who will be your knight in shining armor to take care of this problem for you?

6 January 2014
7.52pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 312

^ Let's get George a-hard-days-night-george-10

6 January 2014
7.54pm
Ahhh Girl

ScrambledEggs said
^ Let's get George a-hard-days-night-george-10

That was my original thought!!!! Hahahaha. Yay for you ScrambledEggs! An apple01 for you.

6 January 2014
7.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

The egg sac has met Mr. Hoover, no thanks to George a-hard-days-night-john-7

I hate spiders blue-meanie

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
6 January 2014
8.11pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Hollywood Bowl
Forum Posts: 312

apple01 and one for you Ahhh Girl

Yep, spiders are such disgusting creatures. blue-meanie

6 January 2014
8.52pm
meanmistermustard

Being in the country spiders i like, tho not crawling over me, it's moths and the like that fly about at night in your room. I totally blame the stories of how moths eat your clothes.

Since it comes to mind. Was in Glasgow today and went into a huge shop that had it's windows filled with signs saying things like "Sale" & "Up to 60% off". Out of everything available to buy in the men's department the sale items consisted of what was on 2 small railings and you knew were only on sale because nobody would ever buy them full price. And £3 off a £25 item is not a great saving. 

Where does the logic come that £4 off a £50 dvd set is a bargain by the way? 

Was once in a supermarket that had shampoo on sale. They got their pricing on the discounted item wrong by having the new price higher than the original. I took a photo of it at the time.

Right, who's bored senseless thru this post?

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
6 January 2014
9.03pm
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 843

Hey guys, 

I think some of my posts from right before the forum "disappeared" have disappeared. I'm not positive, though. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just crazy? Either way, I don't really care about the posts I've lost. I'm just curious. That is why I'm not posting this in the forum help section. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
6 January 2014
9.19pm
meanmistermustard

Necko said
Hey guys, 

I think some of my posts from right before the forum "disappeared" have disappeared. I'm not positive, though. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just crazy? Either way, I don't really care about the posts I've lost. I'm just curious. That is why I'm not posting this in the forum help section. 

I believe a handful of posts were lost during the switch to a new server just over a week ago, Parlance mentioned a few vanishing.

6 January 2014
9.58pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said

Necko said
Hey guys, 

I believe a handful of posts were lost during the switch to a new server just over a week ago, Parlance mentioned a few vanishing.

That's sad ahdn_paul_01 if some of yours vanished, mmm. You will have to work a bit harder to get to that elusive number.

6 January 2014
10.14pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Tim Sherwood's working out pretty well right now, he's at least solved the problem I had with AVB, which was that we had about 6 goals in 10 games.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
6 January 2014
10.28pm
meanmistermustard

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Tim Sherwood's working out pretty well right now, he's at least solved the problem I had with AVB, which was that we had about 6 goals in 10 games.

It was hilarious to watch Spurs against Man City and Liverpool as the performances were clueless. I have no idea if the players had given up or just didn't have a clue what they were supposed to be doing but it was terrible. Goal scoring was also a major factor in that in so many games i doubt Spurs would have scored even if their opponents were in the changing rooms.

6 January 2014
11.43pm
Necko
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 843

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Necko said
Hey guys, 

That's sad ahdn_paul_01 if some of yours vanished, mmm. You will have to work a bit harder to get to that elusive number.

It's fine. I don't recall saying anything profound. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
7 January 2014
12.01am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1706

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, [SNIP].

Can't be fun being a Spurs fan having Tim Sherwood as your manager. Goodbye Europe. Man U need 3 or 4 really good players or their season will end disastrously. It isn't just Moyes who is to blame, the team Ferguson left is filled with too many ageing players and/or duds (Anderson, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, Smalling. Wellbeck is nowhere near as good as the media build him up to be.) and desperately needs midfielders who can create. The fact Man U won the title last season was more down to the manager, the signing of van Persie (who's currently injured), and the lack of decent opposition challenging. And don't forget Fergie's first few years in charge, the stories go that he was one game away from the sack.

Me, i'm a happy neutral who supports a Junior side in Glasgow (not kids playing but men who are paid either very little or nothing normally - we don't do the naming thing simple in Scotland, think non-League in England). Costs less than a £5 to get in and its well worth it.

Spot on there mmm.  I think it all goes back to the 'new' owners and the sale of Ronaldo to pay their debt and line their pockets - I expect many tough years ahead unless they prove me wrong.  Would love to have them make me eat my words :)

7 January 2014
12.07am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

*checks thread, still talking about sport...slowly walks away*

a-hard-days-night-george-10

7 January 2014
12.12am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said
*checks thread, still talking about sport...slowly walks away*

a-hard-days-night-george-10

Ha ha  - nice one.  We could talk about the fact that the mailman delivered 13 letters to me yesterday, he must have been saving them all up after the holiday break, and of course more than half were bills.  Oh for the days when we used to write letters to one another and I looked forward to mail deliveries (well, apart from the 51 ebay purchases I made last year which kept him busy and me happy).

7 January 2014
12.17am
meanmistermustard

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, [SNIP].

Spot on there mmm.  I think it all goes back to the 'new' owners and the sale of Ronaldo to pay their debt and line their pockets - I expect many tough years ahead unless they prove me wrong.  Would love to have them make me eat my words :)

Yip. I suspect the debacle in last summer's transfer window was caused in some part by all the money that needs to be repaid thru the loans they have to service their debts that they created to buy the club (have i got that right?). I think Ferguson had such a legendary status that if he caused enough noise inside the club (never out in the open) then players would be bought but Moyes doesn't have that - tho he did act like an imbecile in the press when they were going about trying to conduct their business.

7 January 2014
12.23am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

^ Yes - I think you have that all spot on as well.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online:
45 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9898

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5198

Ahhh Girl: 5160

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4310

Zig: 4203

Mr. Kite: 3810

Ron Nasty: 3093

fabfouremily: 2931

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2630

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3158

Newest Members: PtakieChan, TheNumberNine, Another Paul, damianosito1984, Bigbeat

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5160, meanmistermustard: 9898, Zig: 4203, Joe: 3463

Administrators: Joe: 3463, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: YouLoseAndIWin