Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
6 January 2014
7.45pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5501sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
THERE IS A SPIDER EGG SAC IN MY ROOM!!!!! paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney *curls into fetal position*

Yeah, um, I can’t think of a single Beatles song with a spider in it.

Who will be your knight in shining armor to take care of this problem for you?

6 January 2014
7.52pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328
5502sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Let’s get George a-hard-days-night-george-10

6 January 2014
7.54pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5503sp_Permalink sp_Print

ScrambledEggs said
^ Let’s get George a-hard-days-night-george-10

That was my original thought!!!! Hahahaha. Yay for you ScrambledEggs! An apple01 for you.

6 January 2014
7.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5504sp_Permalink sp_Print

The egg sac has met Mr. Hoover, no thanks to George a-hard-days-night-john-7

I hate spiders blue-meanie

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

6 January 2014
8.11pm
ScrambledEggs
Behind the moon
Paris Olympia
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 328

apple01 and one for you Ahhh Girl

Yep, spiders are such disgusting creatures. blue-meanie

6 January 2014
8.52pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5506sp_Permalink sp_Print

Being in the country spiders i like, tho not crawling over me, it’s moths and the like that fly about at night in your room. I totally blame the stories of how moths eat your clothes.

Since it comes to mind. Was in Glasgow today and went into a huge shop that had it’s windows filled with signs saying things like “Sale” & “Up to 60% off”. Out of everything available to buy in the men’s department the sale items consisted of what was on 2 small railings and you knew were only on sale because nobody would ever buy them full price. And £3 off a £25 item is not a great saving. 

Where does the logic come that £4 off a £50 dvd set is a bargain by the way? 

Was once in a supermarket that had shampoo on sale. They got their pricing on the discounted item wrong by having the new price higher than the original. I took a photo of it at the time.

Right, who’s bored senseless thru this post?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 January 2014
9.03pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5507sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey guys, 

I think some of my posts from right before the forum “disappeared” have disappeared. I’m not positive, though. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just crazy? Either way, I don’t really care about the posts I’ve lost. I’m just curious. That is why I’m not posting this in the forum help section. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

6 January 2014
9.19pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5508sp_Permalink sp_Print

Necko said
Hey guys, 

I think some of my posts from right before the forum “disappeared” have disappeared. I’m not positive, though. Has this happened to anyone else, or am I just crazy? Either way, I don’t really care about the posts I’ve lost. I’m just curious. That is why I’m not posting this in the forum help section. 

I believe a handful of posts were lost during the switch to a new server just over a week ago, Parlance mentioned a few vanishing.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 January 2014
9.58pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5509sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Necko said
Hey guys, 

I believe a handful of posts were lost during the switch to a new server just over a week ago, Parlance mentioned a few vanishing.

That’s sad ahdn_paul_01 if some of yours vanished, mmm. You will have to work a bit harder to get to that elusive number.

6 January 2014
10.14pm
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
5510sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tim Sherwood’s working out pretty well right now, he’s at least solved the problem I had with AVB, which was that we had about 6 goals in 10 games.

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

6 January 2014
10.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5511sp_Permalink sp_Print

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Tim Sherwood’s working out pretty well right now, he’s at least solved the problem I had with AVB, which was that we had about 6 goals in 10 games.

It was hilarious to watch Spurs against Man City and Liverpool as the performances were clueless. I have no idea if the players had given up or just didn’t have a clue what they were supposed to be doing but it was terrible. Goal scoring was also a major factor in that in so many games i doubt Spurs would have scored even if their opponents were in the changing rooms.

6 January 2014
11.43pm
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
5512sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Necko said
Hey guys, 

That’s sad ahdn_paul_01 if some of yours vanished, mmm. You will have to work a bit harder to get to that elusive number.

It’s fine. I don’t recall saying anything profound. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

7 January 2014
12.01am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5513sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, [SNIP].

Can’t be fun being a Spurs fan having Tim Sherwood as your manager. Goodbye Europe. Man U need 3 or 4 really good players or their season will end disastrously. It isn’t just Moyes who is to blame, the team Ferguson left is filled with too many ageing players and/or duds (Anderson, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, Smalling. Wellbeck is nowhere near as good as the media build him up to be.) and desperately needs midfielders who can create. The fact Man U won the title last season was more down to the manager, the signing of van Persie (who’s currently injured), and the lack of decent opposition challenging. And don’t forget Fergie’s first few years in charge, the stories go that he was one game away from the sack.

Me, i’m a happy neutral who supports a Junior side in Glasgow (not kids playing but men who are paid either very little or nothing normally – we don’t do the naming thing simple in Scotland, think non-League in England). Costs less than a £5 to get in and its well worth it.

Spot on there mmm.  I think it all goes back to the ‘new’ owners and the sale of Ronaldo to pay their debt and line their pockets – I expect many tough years ahead unless they prove me wrong.  Would love to have them make me eat my words :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

7 January 2014
12.07am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5514sp_Permalink sp_Print

*checks thread, still talking about sport…slowly walks away*

a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

7 January 2014
12.12am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5515sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Ha ha  – nice one.  We could talk about the fact that the mailman delivered 13 letters to me yesterday, he must have been saving them all up after the holiday break, and of course more than half were bills.  Oh for the days when we used to write letters to one another and I looked forward to mail deliveries (well, apart from the 51 ebay purchases I made last year which kept him busy and me happy).

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

7 January 2014
12.17am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5516sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, [SNIP].

Can’t be fun being a Spurs fan having Tim Sherwood as your manager. Goodbye Europe. Man U need 3 or 4 really good players or their season will end disastrously. It isn’t just Moyes who is to blame, the team Ferguson left is filled with too many ageing players and/or duds (Anderson, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, Smalling. Wellbeck is nowhere near as good as the media build him up to be.) and desperately needs midfielders who can create. The fact Man U won the title last season was more down to the manager, the signing of van Persie (who’s currently injured), and the lack of decent opposition challenging. And don’t forget Fergie’s first few years in charge, the stories go that he was one game away from the sack.

Me, i’m a happy neutral who supports a Junior side in Glasgow (not kids playing but men who are paid either very little or nothing normally – we don’t do the naming thing simple in Scotland, think non-League in England). Costs less than a £5 to get in and its well worth it.

Spot on there mmm.  I think it all goes back to the ‘new’ owners and the sale of Ronaldo to pay their debt and line their pockets – I expect many tough years ahead unless they prove me wrong.  Would love to have them make me eat my words :)

Yip. I suspect the debacle in last summer’s transfer window was caused in some part by all the money that needs to be repaid thru the loans they have to service their debts that they created to buy the club (have i got that right?). I think Ferguson had such a legendary status that if he caused enough noise inside the club (never out in the open) then players would be bought but Moyes doesn’t have that – tho he did act like an imbecile in the press when they were going about trying to conduct their business.

7 January 2014
12.23am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5517sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Yes – I think you have that all spot on as well.

7 January 2014
6.45pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5518sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Not just me then :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 January 2014
6.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5519sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

AppleScruffJunior said

Not just me then :D

Let’s see if we can change the topic, FFE and ASJ. FFE, have you saved up enough $ to buy you a pair of those Lennon shoes?

Report Lennon Women’s Open Toe Textile Gladiator Sandals Shoes

$_57.JPGImage Enlarger

7 January 2014
6.58pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5520sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ummm…. yeah, but shall we say they’re not really my style? :)

Btw Ahhh Girl, I saw some terrible pictures coming from America on the news today. How’s the weather? Hope you’re well apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694