The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 275 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 January 2014
5.01am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1684

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Ok, let me see if I've got this right. In terms I understand: The pitcher throws the ball at a stick, and a batter tries to hit it. If he hits it, he can score as many runs as times he can run back and forth between two bases. The fielders try to get him out (how do you get someone out?). If the pitcher hits the stick, then the batter's out. But, the pitcher has to change every 6 batters. And the inning is over when 10 of the 11 players have batted? 

OK, how did I do (apart from incorrect terms, I know about those)

You get someone out basically the same way you do in baseball – catch the ball on the full or run them out (in cricket, hit the wickets with the ball before they get there).  There are one or two other ways, including if the batsman blocks the ball with his legs and the umpire thinks it would have hit the stumps you can be out lbw (leg before wicket).  The bowler changes every 6 balls bowled, the new bowler bowls from the other end.

5 January 2014
5.09am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Ah, yeah. I got some pleasure out of the Chiefs loss, as I'm a Steelers fan and I'm not feeling particularly charitable towards the Chiefs right now.

I'm a Packers fan – I have NO idea how we won the division this year – but that was one heck of an exciting final game.

5 January 2014
5.11am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

Rodgers to Cobb! (Or was it Nelson, I forget?) One of the two. I was pretty much fixated on Kansas City/San Diego. Curse Ryan Succop.

Edit: Ooo, I'm on the Ed Sullivan Show, that's fun.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
5 January 2014
5.13am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1053

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Ah, yeah. I got some pleasure out of the Chiefs loss, as I'm a Steelers fan and I'm not feeling particularly charitable towards the Chiefs right now.

I couldn't help but chuckle a little upon seeing the Chiefs lose the way they did. Only because their head coach used to be the Eagles coach, and I've seen the Eagles gag leads like that (though not that big) when he was coaching them. Some things don't change… 

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
5 January 2014
5.15am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

wetsroosa said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

I couldn't help but chuckle a little upon seeing the Chiefs lose the way they did. Only because their head coach used to be the Eagles coach, and I've seen the Eagles gag leads like that (though not that big) when he was coaching them. Some things don't change… 

Well, it worked for the first 9 games, then, kabloosh. Pretty much at the moment the Eagles started heating up with Foles.

All right, I really have to go to bed, I keep meaning to, but then there's a new post to respond to!

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
5 January 2014
6.44am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

wetsroosa said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Well, it worked for the first 9 games, then, kabloosh. Pretty much at the moment the Eagles started heating up with Foles.

All right, I really have to go to bed, I keep meaning to, but then there's a new post to respond to!

Goodnighty!

And you don't have to respond to this – I won't be upset at all – honest – really – erm ……

5 January 2014
8.24pm
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

I'm a Packers fan – I have NO idea how we won the division this year – but that was one heck of an exciting final game.

So will you regret not being in super sub-zero temperatures in Green Bay today rather than nice, hot Australia? God bless those folks, but I don't have that kind of will nowadays to sit in that kind of weather. In my teens and 20s, yes. (Eagles-Falcons playoffs in 2002- next to last game in the old Godforsaken Veterans Stadium- had a high of 29 F that day. And I thought that was pushing it.) Now in my mid-30s, no thanks.

5 January 2014
9.10pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

wetsroosa said

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

So will you regret not being in super sub-zero temperatures in Green Bay today rather than nice, hot Australia? God bless those folks, but I don't have that kind of will nowadays to sit in that kind of weather. In my teens and 20s, yes. (Eagles-Falcons playoffs in 2002- next to last game in the old Godforsaken Veterans Stadium- had a high of 29 F that day. And I thought that was pushing it.) Now in my mid-30s, no thanks.

Hmm – good question.  I grew up in the snow in the UK and played soccer with a LOT of snow on pitches – so perhaps :)

I'm not a big fan of the heat still, despite being down here for many many years now.

5 January 2014
11.37pm
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

trcanberra said

wetsroosa said

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Hmm – good question.  I grew up in the snow in the UK and played soccer with a LOT of snow on pitches – so perhaps :)

I'm not a big fan of the heat still, despite being down here for many many years now.

Would love to visit Australia one day, but I'd want to do it in the autumn; I don't think I could handle a truly hot summer day. I've seen enough Australian Open tennis (which starts next week) and seen enough players withdrawing due to the heat to know how brutal it can get. I have a DVD of the '93 men's final, and the temp on court was 130 F, and I'm amazed no one had a heat stroke on court that day.

6 January 2014
12.37am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4956

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

20-20 game. Under 3 to go in regulation. I'll pull for the Packers too because Brett Favre played for them, and he went to the University where I got my library science degree.

6 January 2014
1.02am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

20-20 game. Under 3 to go in regulation. I'll pull for the Packers too because Brett Favre played for them, and he went to the University where I got my library science degree.

Ha ha – thanks.  Hopefully it goes well – my favourite UK soccer team just got dumped out of the FA Cup by a team that hasn't beaten them EVER before.

6 January 2014
1.04am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

Darn, just saw it was 20-23.  And my team out of the cup.  Oh well, the CD player is sorted.  With apologies to Meatloaf, in my life these days 'one out of three ain't bad' :)

6 January 2014
1.24am
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said
Darn, just saw it was 20-23.  And my team out of the cup.  Oh well, the CD player is sorted.  With apologies to Meatloaf, in my life these days 'one out of three ain't bad' :)

I'd say you got the most important of the 3 sorted. Good job. Enjoy. Hope the wife continues to soften up on the purchase. Have you played some of her favorite music on it?

6 January 2014
1.57am
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

University of Southern Miss. So you's a Mississippi girl, eh? a-hard-days-night-george-10

6 January 2014
2.32am
Ahhh Girl

wetsroosa, look up page 9 of the "Where are you from?" thread. I'll post a link when I get back to my computer instead of my phone.

6 January 2014
2.57am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

I'd say you got the most important of the 3 sorted. Good job. Enjoy. Hope the wife continues to soften up on the purchase. Have you played some of her favorite music on it?

Umm – no – she is into gospel music at the moment and I can't handle the stuff.  But I have burnt a few CDs for her and told her how to operate it :)

Oh, and it turns out she is actually very impressed and wants me to upgrade our home cinema system when we have the money!!

6 January 2014
4.09am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ha ha – thanks.  Hopefully it goes well – my favourite UK soccer team just got dumped out of the FA Cup by a team that hasn't beaten them EVER before.

Oh no, it's not Manchester United, is it? And I was just getting to like you too. 

6 January 2014
4.23am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Oh no, it's not Manchester United, is it? And I was just getting to like you too. 

I have been following them since 1960.  My grandfather played for Bolton Wanderers which is nearby.  My dad's family were from Manchester and have been fans since the 1920s.

6 January 2014
4.26am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Wow, that's cool about your Grandfather. My brother is a United fan, so naturally the only team that I hate more than ManU is Arsenal (I am a Spurs fan, after all)

I figured it best not to quote the ultra long-post.

Edit: I just remembered the reason I came over to this thread was to suggest that a new member name themselves MeanMrKetchup. I would have done it myself if I had thought of it.

6 January 2014
4.36am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Wow, that's cool about your Grandfather. My brother is a United fan, so naturally the only team that I hate more than ManU is Arsenal (I am a Spurs fan, after all)

I figured it best not to quote the ultra long-post.

Edit: I just remembered the reason I came over to this thread was to suggest that a new member name themselves MeanMrKetchup. I would have done it myself if I had thought of it.

At least you can brag that even Spurs can beat us at Old Trafford now, like everyone else, EXCEPT Arsenal :)

It's been about 20 odd years since I saw us play this badly, hard to go back to those bad old days again – that's what comes of getting a manager who has never won a thing in his life.  I'd love to get such a high paid job on the basis of a CV with no accomplishments on it.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Beatleva
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9765

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5109

Ahhh Girl: 4956

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4148

Zig: 4100

Mr. Kite: 3679

Ron Nasty: 3032

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2594

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3159

Newest Members: Mazza, AllMyLoving, KenO, mrneil2, macdog

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4956), meanmistermustard (9765), Zig (4100), Joe (3452)

Administrators: Joe (3452), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None