The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 268 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 December 2013
9.31pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1070

Ahhh Girl said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That video right after the Dylan song about John = a few tears.

*shakes off sentimental feelings*

Have any of you found your birth year word?

OED birthday word generator: which words originated in your birth year?

Hubby's is the word Beatlesque :-) heart

I got "gasp."a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Mine is "bagsy." Really. ahdn_paul_01

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
15 December 2013
9.36pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1774

I have ordered from Roscommon, Galway and Clare County Libraries... I won't have them for Christmas unless some miracle occurs. Unfortunately Carlow Library has Allan 'where's my commission' William's book but they don't lend on borrowbooks.ie Blah!

I will keep you informed

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
15 December 2013
9.53pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9907

borrowbooks.ie looks like one very good service. What Beatles books did you order?

Glad to hear no puppies have come to any harm.

How adorable is this one

and these two

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
15 December 2013
10.02pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1774

'The Beatles and Ireland' by Michael Lynch

'The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

'The Beatles' Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe's Lonely Hearts Club' by Pauline Sutcliffe

And 'The Kama Sutra'....I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
15 December 2013
10.19pm
meanmistermustard

AppleScruffJunior said

'The Beatles Years: Volume 2 After The Breakup 1970-2001 by Keith Badman (great surname, eh?)

'The Beatles' Shadow: Stuart Sutcliffe's Lonely Hearts Club' by Pauline Sutcliffe

And 'The Kama Sutra'....I may be joking about that one, you decide a-hard-days-night-john-7

If all of them transactions go on well then I will definitely order more books, probably about Brian brian-epstein because I have never read a book on him

Very good book. Well worth reading.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
16 December 2013
12.49am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5166

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That video right after the Dylan song about John = a few tears.

That word just will not do for a V.I.P.

Here are some other choices that could have been made for your year.

improv -- intranet -- karaoke -- veg

So someone could take one of mmm's chill pills and veg with you.

16 December 2013
2.47am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Somewhere other than where you are.
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2616

AppleScruffJunior said

Very good book. Well worth reading.ahdn_ringo_09

Oh, and my word is "fauxhawk"

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
16 December 2013
3.10am
Ahhh Girl

I'm confused. The first mmm quote/response to ASJ has the Beatles Years bolded as a very good book that is well worth reading.

The second time, when IveJustSeenAFaceo quotes mmm's quote of ASJ, the bolded title has changed. I don't think mmm changed his bolding. I guess you changed which title was bolded, IveJustSeenAFaceo? If so, perhaps you can edit your post and quote ASJ directly (w/o mmm's bolding/comments) so everything will be clear as to who said what. Not a big deal really, but it might clear up some confusion.

Oh, and ASJ, I don't think you are joking. :-)

16 December 2013
3.10am
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

wetsroosa said

Ahhh Girl said

That word just will not do for a V.I.P.

Here are some other choices that could have been made for your year.

improv -- intranet -- karaoke -- veg

So someone could take one of mmm's chill pills and veg with you.

If by V.I.P. you mean Very Idiotic Person, then yes I am a V.I.P. mal-evans

Other choices for my year: fluffer (hey there, Ron Jeremy!), e-mail, deal breaker... 

16 December 2013
3.30am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3095

Mine was "mockney"... Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner...

Oh, and very naughty with the "Gav is gone", ASJ! And I was going to console you by telling you how, when I was 6 or 7, we lost our pet turkey - Gobbles - just a few weeks before Christmas. We went to school one day and Gobbles was running around the garden as he had been for months, but when we got home Gobbles was just gone. Our parents told us Gobbles must have found a way out of the garden somehow.

I suppose the good thing is that he didn't have to witness us tucking into one of his relations on Christmas Day...

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
16 December 2013
3.31am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said
I'm confused. The first mmm quote/response to ASJ has the Beatles Years bolded as a very good book that is well worth reading.

The second time, when IveJustSeenAFaceo quotes mmm's quote of ASJ, the bolded title has changed. I don't think mmm changed his bolding. I guess you changed which title was bolded, IveJustSeenAFaceo? If so, perhaps you can edit your post and quote ASJ directly (w/o mmm's bolding/comments) so everything will be clear as to who said what. Not a big deal really, but it might clear up some confusion.

I changed the bolding to make the joke that the Kama Sutra was a good book that was well worth the read. I'll fix it though.

(This signature brought to you by Winter. Coming for an abnormally long amount of time.)
16 December 2013
11.55am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4204

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ My puppy Gavin died on Christmas Day from heartburn, I can't believe Gav is gone

I'll let myself out

A three-legged dog walked in to an old Western saloon and said, "I'm looking for the man who shot my pa(w)".

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

16 December 2013
1.04pm
Ahhh Girl

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

I changed the bolding to make the joke that the Kama Sutra was a good book that was well worth the read. I'll fix it though.

Thank you. I don't think the forum could have handled a mental image of mmm with a well worn copy of Kama Sutra on his bedside table after all the other posts this weekend.ahdn_paul_02 paul-mccartney

...or even a copy he checked out from a library... :-)

16 December 2013
1.11pm
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

Thank you. I don't think the forum could have handled a mental image of mmm with a well worn copy of Kama Sutra on his bedside table after all the other posts this weekend.ahdn_paul_02 paul-mccartney

I have never read, bought or borrowed a copy of the Kama Sutra.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Just like to clarify. Now please can everyone remove those images in your heads.

16 December 2013
6.42pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2098

My word is ''dadrock''.

Awesomesauce.

16 December 2013
7.32pm
Ahhh Girl

Zig said

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ My puppy Gavin died on Christmas Day from heartburn, I can't believe Gav is gone

I'll let myself out

A three-legged dog walked in to an old Western saloon and said, "I'm looking for the man who shot my pa(w)".

Thank you, Zig. We will take a talking dog over a dead one any day.

@Linde...I admit I'm going to have to look that one up. I've never heard of it.

16 December 2013
9.42pm
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

I have never read, bought or borrowed a copy of the Kama Sutra.a-hard-days-night-john-1 Just like to clarify. Now please can everyone remove those images in your heads.

Neither have I, but I have seen the movie. Slow, tepid movie, but the women are nice to look at. And usually undressed.

Hey, I was 17 when I saw it, give me a break. a-hard-days-night-george-10

17 December 2013
12.11am
meanmistermustard

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

IveJustSeenAFaceo said

Ahhh Girl said

Neither have I, but I have seen the movie. Slow, tepid movie, but the women are nice to look at. And usually undressed.

Hey, I was 17 when I saw it, give me a break. a-hard-days-night-george-10

There is a movie of the Kama Sutra!? Wouldn't that would have been rated 18? I think we might just have to report you.

17 December 2013
12.18am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Apple rooftop

Well, don't know where wetroosa's from, but in the US, you only need to be 17 to get into R movies without an adult. 

Edit: Oh, and 81 is how many posts I had when the rollback happened. I'd be up to 99.

17 December 2013
1.22am
Ahhh Girl

IveJustSeenAFaceo said
Well, don't know where wetroosa's from, but in the US, you only need to be 17 to get into R movies without an adult. 

Edit: Oh, and 81 is how many posts I had when the rollback happened. I'd be up to 99.

I wonder if the same age ranges were applicable when wetsroosa was 17. I'm not saying you are old, wetsroosa, I just can't recall when all the ratings things happened. I can't call you old. I'm just one year away from being old enough that I could have been your babysitter when your parents needed a break.

John and Paul were way beyond just reading the Kama Sutra or watching the movie by the time they were 17. Let's not hide our heads in the sand over that fact. If they did read the Kama Sutra, would we say that it was their first "eastern" influence?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: StrawberryFieldsForever, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9905

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5199

Ahhh Girl: 5166

mithveaen: 4651