Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
8 December 2013
9.50pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5281sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

trcanberra said
For those of us with UK style dates, it will be 11/12/13 in a few days :)

That’s “UK style”?  Never hear if it referred to that way…  we use it all the time.  

That’s how we write dates down too. Day/month/year also makes much more sense to me than month/day/year for some reason

8 December 2013
9.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said
I use the iTunes one, works fine for me. It has a few bugs, at times insisting that anything you buy in its store has to be the number of that track even if you want to change it, but 97% of the time it leaves the music alone and you can edit it when you want. You can fight and overcome the issues if you have the time and temperament.

I gave up on iTunes and its miserable activation system.  We use a lot of PCs / macs / whatevers around here and I was forever running out of activations on the machine I wanted to use at the time.  Hey Apple, if I log in with my account what do you care which machine it is on?  There must be something in using the name Apple which makes people’s thought processes go crazy.

I have an ipod, one laptop, a PC (for backing-up files only) and no interest in that cloud thingy so those activation thingies have never bothered me but i can see why they would others. 

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said
A little self-indulgence. 

I made my first pie from scratch, sauce, pastry etc (admittedly not the chicken, salt etc as im not God ), put it all together, baked it in the oven, ate it, and live to type this post. Woo-hoo. a-hard-days-night-john-1 I’m applying to be the next Nigella Lawson.a-hard-days-night-john-5

I look forward to seeing the DVDs of your show on special at the local video store :)

You’ll find it in the bargain bin, priced at 49p and deliberately have B.O.G.O.F.F. emblazoned on the cover.a-hard-days-night-ringo-15 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 December 2013
10.14pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5283sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

trcanberra said
For those of us with UK style dates, it will be 11/12/13 in a few days :)

That’s “UK style”?  Never hear if it referred to that way…  we use it all the time.  

As opposed to the USA where they do everything backwards :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 December 2013
10.24pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Who says May the 18th, isn’t it the 18th of May/June whatever? Falls of the tongue easier. Never got the whole month/day/year thing.

Added to save a double post.

What is the point of offering books at reduced priced if the p&p brings the price back up to the original stated? 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 December 2013
2.26am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
5285sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Sorry for not posting a lot recently, I’m working every weekend until Christmas 11am-7pm for €6.66/$9.12/£5.58 an hour…lovely a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 I also got a sore throat today a day after starting bloody work so I’ll be wrecked until the 23rd blue-meanie Going to crawl to bed now a-hard-days-night-paul-7That and if I ever hear Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas is you, I’ll go mental

Too bad you can’t wear earplugs or headphones. Those department store Christmas songs actually make me leave stores before I’m finished looking around.

@ Linde, hope you’ve gotten rested up this weekend and that your coming week is brighter. How big is that L? Do you have any of it left? a-hard-days-night-george-10 Yum, chocolate.

@trcanberra, mom always called me her backwards baby. I said things like row bibbons (instead of bow ribbons) and key cars (instead of car keys). So, does that mean I would have had an easier time learning dates the way the rest of the world does them outside the US?

@meanmistermustard, will we be able to find bootlegs of your cooking shows? Outakes? Will you hoard and protect them as jealously as Apple hides Beatles stuff from the world?

9 December 2013
1.42pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5286sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

@meanmistermustard, will we be able to find bootlegs of your cooking shows? Outakes? Will you hoard and protect them as jealously as Apple hides Beatles stuff from the world?

For a monthly payment of $19.95 you will get all the shows, outtakes, links to stores where you can buy the ingredients and cooking equipment. I’ll even throw in access to the master tapes so you can make your own programmes for just an extra $4.95 per week. Bargain.

We should all learn from the ways of Apple.

9 December 2013
2.53pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5287sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

For a monthly payment of $19.95 you will get all the shows, outtakes, links to stores where you can buy the ingredients and cooking equipment. I’ll even throw in access to the master tapes so you can make your own programmes for just an extra $4.95 per week. Bargain.

We should all learn from the ways of Apple.

When you make enough $, you can buy the companies that provide the ingredients and start your own cooking equipment line that will be sold in all the top shops. You can get a monopoly going. I’m so looking forward to seeing your methods of advertising. a-hard-days-night-john-3

9 December 2013
10.28pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
5288sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh yippee, I can’t wait to buy some overprices merch in MMM’s store! I’d be so happy with an MMM cufflink for 19.95! Who cares about the food?

9 December 2013
10.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5289sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, shucks. Thanks. heart

I’m hiring Apple for the advertising. They can sell any old shit for a fortune, would be mad to overlook that ability. 

10 December 2013
12.38am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5290sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

I’m hiring Apple for the advertising. They can sell any old shit for a fortune, would be mad to overlook that ability. 

You mean when they actually decide to sell something?  :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

10 December 2013
2.08am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

You mean when they actually decide to sell something?  :)

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!! Not something worth having it seems.

13 December 2013
7.55pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
5292sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yesterday was an alright day and so was today, even though it’s Friday the 13th. Yesterday I went shopping with a classmate. Had a lot of bad luck with the trains, but we managed to have fun anyway. Today I was free from school early (okay not really, I skipped Sociology because I didn’t read any of the theory we were supposed to), the bag I ordered arrived today and the jeweller wanted to fix my watch for free. I am feeling a bit ill though, but I think that’s because of stress of school and my friends. They let me down and they did something mean to me so I’m kinda done with one of them. 

Yesterday I also went to have dinner with the other volunteers and interns of the company I have an internship at. They gave us Christmas presents: A candle shaped like a Dutch Doughnut (you have to google it if you don’t know what it is. It’s delicious and us Dutchies always eat it at New Year’s Eve) It was made by mentally disabled children, so it’s the thought that counts. Then we got a pen tray with a clock and a picture frame on it and last but not least, the best gift, which I absolutely didn’t expect:

A gift card of 25 euros. You can spend this one everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Totally going to buy All These Years. I saw the standard edition somewhere being discounted to 26 euro’s, so with the gift card I’ll have it almost for free!

13 December 2013
8.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Linde said
Yesterday was an alright day and so was today, even though it’s Friday the 13th. Yesterday I went shopping with a classmate. Had a lot of bad luck with the trains, but we managed to have fun anyway. Today I was free from school early (okay not really, I skipped Sociology because I didn’t read any of the theory we were supposed to), the bag I ordered arrived today and the jeweller wanted to fix my watch for free. I am feeling a bit ill though, but I think that’s because of stress of school and my friends. They let me down and they did something mean to me so I’m kinda done with one of them. 

Yesterday I also went to have dinner with the other volunteers and interns of the company I have an internship at. They gave us Christmas presents: A candle shaped like a Dutch Doughnut (you have to google it if you don’t know what it is. It’s delicious and us Dutchies always eat it at New Year’s Eve) It was made by mentally disabled children, so it’s the thought that counts. Then we got a pen tray with a clock and a picture frame on it and last but not least, the best gift, which I absolutely didn’t expect:

A gift card of 25 euros. You can spend this one everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Totally going to buy All These Years. I saw the standard edition somewhere being discounted to 26 euro’s, so with the gift card I’ll have it almost for free!

Cool gifts Linde, the doughnut candle thingie sounds delicious. 

Is this it, 9k=Image Enlarger

i did a google image search and tons of donuts come up, all different.

Great news on the book. I hope you find it every bit as enjoyable as you think it is and more.

13 December 2013
10.10pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5294sp_Permalink sp_Print

So, it was all just a dream after all? – pity that – the truth about mja is now lost to us all!!

For those who missed it – I could have sworn he said he likes the Rutles more than the Beatles :)

It’s like one of those dodgy ‘all a dream / timey wimey’ things.

13 December 2013
10.21pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5295sp_Permalink sp_Print

I did not! How very dare you!

I said that I didn’t like The Beatles at all! That I was drunk when I signed up, just looked at the hairstyles and the trousers, and thought this was a Rutles site, and having been having to pretend ever since so I don’t look foolish.

mja6758 said

Don’t even like The Beatles. Never liked The Beatles. I was drunk and thought it was a Rutles site. Aaaahhh… The genius of the Prefab Four…

Sorry, but I’ve been faking it, from the banks of the Mississippi…

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 December 2013
12.29am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5296sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

I said that I didn’t like The Beatles at all! That I was drunk when I signed up, just looked at the hairstyles and the trousers, and thought this was a Rutles site, and having been having to pretend ever since so I don’t look foolish.

mja6758 said

Don’t even like The Beatles. Never liked The Beatles. I was drunk and thought it was a Rutles site. Aaaahhh… The genius of the Prefab Four…

Haha – I should have taken a screenshot :)

14 December 2013
12.30am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5297sp_Permalink sp_Print

So – if I use my wife’s credit card to buy the US box set, do you think she would notice?  :)

14 December 2013
12.43am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5298sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said
So – if I use my wife’s credit card to buy the US box set, do you think she would notice?  :)

I hugely doubt it but even if she did she would be so thrilled to see you have bought it that any irritation will be immediately washed away with pure undiluted pleasure.

14 December 2013
12.53am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

trcanberra said

mja6758 said

mja6758 said

Haha – I should have taken a screenshot :)

I just couldn’t resist saving the message once you said I’d be really embarrassed if it didn’t disappear. I thought it was a very good joke, and am glad you enjoyed.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, The Rutles… One of the great films about The Beatles. (Has Spanish subtitles but hey-ho! Audio is English!)

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 December 2013
12.56am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5300sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Maybe if, after you’ve done it, you re-boot your wife as we’ve done with the site, you’ll get a three-day earlier version that knows nothing of the transaction!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Richard
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691