The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 262 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
1 December 2013
3.30am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1394

parlance said

trcanberra said
This is the same 'peace-themed' album that has Norwegian Wood where the singer sets fire to the girl's furniture?

LOL. I still refuse to acknowledge that version of events. Lalalalala.

parlance

Ha ha – the tune is certainly enough to throw the listener off-track isn't it?  For years I assumed he just started a fire in the fireplace to warm himself up (being in Norway and all :)   ).

1 December 2013
3.45am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea
Forum Posts: 3336

trcanberra said

parlance said

trcanberra said
This is the same 'peace-themed' album that has Norwegian Wood where the singer sets fire to the girl's furniture?

parlance

Ha ha – the tune is certainly enough to throw the listener off-track isn't it?  For years I assumed he just started a fire in the fireplace to warm himself up (being in Norway and all :)   ).

I got all indignant the first time I heard that the fire wasn't just in the fireplace…and about all the other stuff the song is supposed to be about. I had it worked out all different in my mind. I think I'm sticking with parlance on this one. I'll just go on letting the song be what I make of it. I'm staying in my bubble on this one.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

1 December 2013
4.56am
wetsroosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 796

trcanberra said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said
^^That song pairs well with "Leave My Kitten Alone."

Yeah. Great shout.apple01

I like it because it moves away from the Girll-ground songs of he loves yeay or he left me boo-hoo. You also have Leader of the Pack where the Shangri-La's Leader of the Pack where the death of the boyfriend is the theme of the song and off you go, and away from the Girl-groups you have Ricky Nelson's Tell Laura I Love Her, another great song. Must be others out there. 

And a whole lot nicer themed than Run For Your Life where the boyfriend is threatening the girl for going off (love the song tho).a-hard-days-night-john-5 

I think John actually admitted years later that he hated that "Run For Your Life" was on Rubber Soul because the song's alluding to violence stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the album's peace-themed songwriting.

Hey, nobody's perfect. a-hard-days-night-george-10

"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good."

1 December 2013
9.25am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said
It's Only Love is one of your favourites? How come? I mean it's a decent enough song, if you ignore parts of the lyrics, but what makes it so special to you? – if you don't mind me asking.

Apologies Emily, i did post a reply to this but it must have been of the ones that got swallowed up when the forum was played up.

I love the [weak] lyrics (right, fight, night, sight, bright, bright) and how John laughs whilst he sings the second "very bright", aware the lyrics are substandard. The melody and tune are fastastic. Plus its a side of John you don't often get to hear about, a vulnerable side; normally its him being this macho guy – and maybe that's how he was inside with girls he liked, maybe with Cynthia. And its not a simple i love you yippee song, there is more to it. Maybe this is Johns equivalent to Paul's Every Little Thing, but probably not (in my head they are heavily connected because of the next sentence coming up in this post). 

And possibly because i grew up listening to Love Songs on vinyl which i loved, particularly side 3; It's Only Love/You're Going To Lose That That Girl/Every Little Thing back-to-back blew me away, was always picking those out when i had a spare 10 minutes.

Not to worry.

Oh so the lyrics actually enhance the song for you? I find that quite interesting. I'm always curious as to what makes other fans like certain songs/albums…

It's very sad to hear the number of deaths has gone up. I suppose all we can do is hope the people involved can find a way to get through this together.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

1 December 2013
1.38pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7176

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said
It's Only Love is one of your favourites? How come? I mean it's a decent enough song, if you ignore parts of the lyrics, but what makes it so special to you? – if you don't mind me asking.

Apologies Emily, i did post a reply to this but it must have been of the ones that got swallowed up when the forum was played up.

I love the [weak] lyrics (right, fight, night, sight, bright, bright) and how John laughs whilst he sings the second "very bright", aware the lyrics are substandard. The melody and tune are fastastic. Plus its a side of John you don't often get to hear about, a vulnerable side; normally its him being this macho guy – and maybe that's how he was inside with girls he liked, maybe with Cynthia. And its not a simple i love you yippee song, there is more to it. Maybe this is Johns equivalent to Paul's Every Little Thing, but probably not (in my head they are heavily connected because of the next sentence coming up in this post). 

And possibly because i grew up listening to Love Songs on vinyl which i loved, particularly side 3; It's Only Love/You're Going To Lose That That Girl/Every Little Thing back-to-back blew me away, was always picking those out when i had a spare 10 minutes.

Not to worry.

Oh so the lyrics actually enhance the song for you? I find that quite interesting. I'm always curious as to what makes other fans like certain songs/albums…

It's very sad to hear the number of deaths has gone up. I suppose all we can do is hope the people involved can find a way to get through this together.

High, by, my, sigh, fly, butterfly[ies], shy – you just know John was sitting there thinking of just anything that would rhyme. Maybe he had others like tie, cry, fry, lie which were rejected. It always fascinates me that he truly detested the song.

Let's just hope that 8 is the total and there are no more, a few people are still in a serious but stable condition in hospital. Like most communities, towns, cities etc Glaswegians will pull together and get people thru this. There is an amazing human spirit which manifests when disaster and tragedy strikes.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
1 December 2013
6.42pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1476

trcanberra said

parlance said

trcanberra said

parlance

Don't worry! You're not the only one who thought soa-hard-days-night-george-10 I was kind of surprised when I read what it really was about, back then. I guess I'm too innocent (ghehehe) but it does give the song a completely other dimension.

1 December 2013
9.13pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

Today is the 1st of December the moustache is gone!

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

2 December 2013
12.20am
Ahhh Girl

Have you seen one of the new $100 bills? My mother-in-law just showed me one she got at the bank yesterday.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

2 December 2013
7.53pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

More library adventures.

Was returning a few cd's i had out from a Glasgow library and found a 20 cd Johnny Cash collection and the first seven Bruce Springsteen albums, all remastered and all for the princely sum of 85p each for a weeks loan. The value is friggin' exceptional. 

Was talking to the librarian there, very pleasant and cheery she was, and even she was amazed at such collections being available to rent for such little money. She also said that some folks complain at the costs for hiring cds and dvd's (85p and £1.50 per week respectively) which i find mind-boggling (taking books out is free). 

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
2 December 2013
7.58pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1476

Over here it's both free. One only has to pay when they bring in their books/CDs/DVDs/comics/magazines late.

2 December 2013
8.02pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Linde said
Over here it's both free. One only has to pay when they bring in their books/CDs/DVDs/comics/magazines late.

Flippin' heck. Do you take stuff out a lot then? What's the selection available like?

The airfare might make it a bit more expensive for me to come over every week and take things out.

2 December 2013
8.20pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

Flippin' heck. Do you take stuff out a lot then? What's the selection available like?

The airfare might make it a bit more expensive for me to come over every week and take things out.

It's all free here too.

At my library, the only fines are associated with our textbook check out collection. The only other charges are for when items aren't returned at all or are returned in unusable condition (in that case we charge for replacement and let the patron keep the item).

Glad you had a good chat with a librarian.

2 December 2013
8.23pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1394

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

All free here too.

2 December 2013
8.34pm
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

All free here too.

Uh-oh. We might be making mmm a bit sad and/or angry.

2 December 2013
9.49pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

All free here too.

Uh-oh. We might be making mmm a bit sad and/or angry.

Not in the slightest. I just hope people are taking advantage of such a great opportunity and service.

2 December 2013
9.55pm
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2518

My browser seems to have been infected by something called "FriendsChecker" that keeps sending pop-up ads all over the place. Anyone had the same problem and know how to get rid of the barsteward thing?

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
2 December 2013
10.07pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Sorry, never heard of it. Is it a computer virus?

No idea if you use windows or what version if you do but here is how to delete it from windows 7. Included in the link are these ways:

• Windows Control Panel: Click Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs > FriendsChecker.
  • Windows Program Files: Click Start > Computer > C Drive > Program Files > FriendsChecker > Uninstall
  • Internet Explorer: Settings > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions > FriendsChecker
  • Firefox: Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > FriendsChecker > Remove
  • Chrome: Tool icon > Tools > Extensions > FriendsChecker > Trash Icon

A google search should bring up other ways of doing so.

Alternatively on Yahoo Answers someone posted

according to the website…. 

you can uninstall with no trace left behind. In order to do this, navigate to your computer's, "Add/Remove Programs," and click "Uninstall" under the FriendsChecker application. 

if it's not there, you might want to check your apps page on facebook and look for it there, then remove the app

3 December 2013
1.26pm
Ahhh Girl

The Beatles have been beaming out the message "I've Got To Get You Into My Life" for several decades now. I finally heard the message, and they got me into their lives via their musical legacy. I'm glad the call is still going out and the invitation is still open.

3 December 2013
3.36pm
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2518

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJPnQCLCEAIUOlN.jpg

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
3 December 2013
3.49pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3644

^^ LOL!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Into the Sky with Diamonds, Linde, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Mr. Kite
67 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: Annadog40
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7176

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3644

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

ZiveJustSeenAFaceo: 1935

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3060

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3336), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3207), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3207)