Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
1 December 2013
9.25am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5221sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said
It’s Only Love is one of your favourites? How come? I mean it’s a decent enough song, if you ignore parts of the lyrics, but what makes it so special to you? – if you don’t mind me asking.

Apologies Emily, i did post a reply to this but it must have been of the ones that got swallowed up when the forum was played up.

I love the [weak] lyrics (right, fight, night, sight, bright, bright) and how John laughs whilst he sings the second “very bright”, aware the lyrics are substandard. The melody and tune are fastastic. Plus its a side of John you don’t often get to hear about, a vulnerable side; normally its him being this macho guy – and maybe that’s how he was inside with girls he liked, maybe with Cynthia. And its not a simple i love you yippee song, there is more to it. Maybe this is Johns equivalent to Paul’s Every Little Thing , but probably not (in my head they are heavily connected because of the next sentence coming up in this post). 

And possibly because i grew up listening to Love Songs on vinyl which i loved, particularly side 3; It’s Only Love /You’re Going To Lose That That Girl/Every Little Thing back-to-back blew me away, was always picking those out when i had a spare 10 minutes.

Not to worry.

Oh so the lyrics actually enhance the song for you? I find that quite interesting. I’m always curious as to what makes other fans like certain songs/albums…

It’s very sad to hear the number of deaths has gone up. I suppose all we can do is hope the people involved can find a way to get through this together.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

1 December 2013
1.38pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5222sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

meanmistermustard said

fabfouremily said
It’s Only Love is one of your favourites? How come? I mean it’s a decent enough song, if you ignore parts of the lyrics, but what makes it so special to you? – if you don’t mind me asking.

Apologies Emily, i did post a reply to this but it must have been of the ones that got swallowed up when the forum was played up.

I love the [weak] lyrics (right, fight, night, sight, bright, bright) and how John laughs whilst he sings the second “very bright”, aware the lyrics are substandard. The melody and tune are fastastic. Plus its a side of John you don’t often get to hear about, a vulnerable side; normally its him being this macho guy – and maybe that’s how he was inside with girls he liked, maybe with Cynthia. And its not a simple i love you yippee song, there is more to it. Maybe this is Johns equivalent to Paul’s Every Little Thing , but probably not (in my head they are heavily connected because of the next sentence coming up in this post). 

And possibly because i grew up listening to Love Songs on vinyl which i loved, particularly side 3; It’s Only Love /You’re Going To Lose That That Girl/Every Little Thing back-to-back blew me away, was always picking those out when i had a spare 10 minutes.

Not to worry.

Oh so the lyrics actually enhance the song for you? I find that quite interesting. I’m always curious as to what makes other fans like certain songs/albums…

It’s very sad to hear the number of deaths has gone up. I suppose all we can do is hope the people involved can find a way to get through this together.

High, by, my, sigh, fly, butterfly[ies], shy – you just know John was sitting there thinking of just anything that would rhyme. Maybe he had others like tie, cry, fry, lie which were rejected. It always fascinates me that he truly detested the song.

Let’s just hope that 8 is the total and there are no more, a few people are still in a serious but stable condition in hospital. Like most communities, towns, cities etc Glaswegians will pull together and get people thru this. There is an amazing human spirit which manifests when disaster and tragedy strikes.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 December 2013
6.42pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5223sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

parlance said

trcanberra said
This is the same ‘peace-themed’ album that has Norwegian Wood where the singer sets fire to the girl’s furniture?

LOL. I still refuse to acknowledge that version of events. Lalalalala.

parlance

Ha ha – the tune is certainly enough to throw the listener off-track isn’t it?  For years I assumed he just started a fire in the fireplace to warm himself up (being in Norway and all :)   ).

Don’t worry! You’re not the only one who thought soa-hard-days-night-george-10 I was kind of surprised when I read what it really was about, back then. I guess I’m too innocent (ghehehe) but it does give the song a completely other dimension.

1 December 2013
9.13pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583

Today is the 1st of December the moustache is gone!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

2 December 2013
12.20am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223
5225sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have you seen one of the new $100 bills? My mother-in-law just showed me one she got at the bank yesterday.

rs_560x415-131008091411-1024-3new-100.ls.10813.jpgImage Enlarger

New100BillBack.jpgImage Enlarger

2 December 2013
7.53pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

More library adventures.

Was returning a few cd’s i had out from a Glasgow library and found a 20 cd Johnny Cash collection and the first seven Bruce Springsteen albums, all remastered and all for the princely sum of 85p each for a weeks loan. The value is friggin’ exceptional. 

Was talking to the librarian there, very pleasant and cheery she was, and even she was amazed at such collections being available to rent for such little money. She also said that some folks complain at the costs for hiring cds and dvd’s (85p and £1.50 per week respectively) which i find mind-boggling (taking books out is free). 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 December 2013
7.58pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5227sp_Permalink sp_Print

Over here it’s both free. One only has to pay when they bring in their books/CDs/DVDs/comics/magazines late.

2 December 2013
8.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5228sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Over here it’s both free. One only has to pay when they bring in their books/CDs/DVDs/comics/magazines late.

Flippin’ heck. Do you take stuff out a lot then? What’s the selection available like?

The airfare might make it a bit more expensive for me to come over every week and take things out.

2 December 2013
8.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5229sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

Flippin’ heck. Do you take stuff out a lot then? What’s the selection available like?

The airfare might make it a bit more expensive for me to come over every week and take things out.

It’s all free here too.

At my library, the only fines are associated with our textbook check out collection. The only other charges are for when items aren’t returned at all or are returned in unusable condition (in that case we charge for replacement and let the patron keep the item).

Glad you had a good chat with a librarian.

2 December 2013
8.23pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5230sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

All free here too.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

2 December 2013
8.34pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5231sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

All free here too.

Uh-oh. We might be making mmm a bit sad and/or angry.

2 December 2013
9.49pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5232sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Linde said

All free here too.

Uh-oh. We might be making mmm a bit sad and/or angry.

Not in the slightest. I just hope people are taking advantage of such a great opportunity and service.

2 December 2013
9.55pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5233sp_Permalink sp_Print

My browser seems to have been infected by something called “FriendsChecker” that keeps sending pop-up ads all over the place. Anyone had the same problem and know how to get rid of the barsteward thing?

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

2 December 2013
10.07pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Sorry, never heard of it. Is it a computer virus?

No idea if you use windows or what version if you do but here is how to delete it from windows 7. Included in the link are these ways:

• Windows Control Panel: Click Start > Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs > FriendsChecker.
  • Windows Program Files: Click Start > Computer > C Drive > Program Files > FriendsChecker > Uninstall
  • Internet Explorer: Settings > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions > FriendsChecker
  • Firefox: Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > FriendsChecker > Remove
  • Chrome: Tool icon > Tools > Extensions > FriendsChecker > Trash Icon

A google search should bring up other ways of doing so.

Alternatively on Yahoo Answers someone posted

according to the website…. 

you can uninstall with no trace left behind. In order to do this, navigate to your computer’s, “Add/Remove Programs,” and click “Uninstall” under the FriendsChecker application. 

if it’s not there, you might want to check your apps page on facebook and look for it there, then remove the app

3 December 2013
1.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5235sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles have been beaming out the message “I’ve Got To Get You Into My Life ” for several decades now. I finally heard the message, and they got me into their lives via their musical legacy. I’m glad the call is still going out and the invitation is still open.

3 December 2013
3.36pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5236sp_Permalink sp_Print

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJPnQCLCEAIUOlN.jpgImage Enlarger

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 December 2013
3.49pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5237sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ LOL!

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

3 December 2013
3.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5238sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJPnQCLCEAIUOlN.jpgImage Enlarger

I see a meme in the making.

4 December 2013
12.52am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5239sp_Permalink sp_Print

AG, as our resident librarian i have a question for you.

I got a cd out of the library which went put into the the computer it registers it but when play is pressed all the tracks are quickly skipped thru before it stops. Tried it on a different machine and the same thing happens. Should i phone the library in the morning or just tell them when it’s returned?

4 December 2013
1.51am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5240sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
AG, as our resident librarian i have a question for you.

I got a cd out of the library which went put into the the computer it registers it but when play is pressed all the tracks are quickly skipped thru before it stops. Tried it on a different machine and the same thing happens. Should i phone the library in the morning or just tell them when it’s returned?

I would phone them to see if others have asked them this same question and thus they have already done some troubleshooting with them. Sometimes people think it will take us hours to answer their question, but we have already answered that same question 5 time during the week and know the path well. Be prepared to tell them what the technical specs are for the machine you are using and the software program(s) you used to try to play it (Windows Media Player, etc).

Hopefully they haven’t played fast-and-loose along the fringes of copyright law and made backups of backup cds (clones of clones dropping in quality – reminds me of John’s tooth) that might be imports of some nature. It looks legit, right? And not too scratched up – I doubt it is a scratch issue though. It probably is more of a software issue.

Please update us with the answer you receive. Pass the wisdom along.

Anybody out there have something to add that might help in solving this problem?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timothy
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694