The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 260 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
25 November 2013
8.22pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9774

AppleScruffJunior said
Good luck on the move apple01 Zig and co.

Praise the Lord we now have a charger for the laptop, I know how much y'all have missed me a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_ringo_09

I have Christmas tests on Thursday, Friday and Monday so don't expect a lot of natter and chatter until they're over, that and I found my Christmas presents (mwahaha), The Concert For Bangladesh is aching to be played ahdn_paul_01and Hallelujah all the used DVDs/CDs are in good condition a-hard-days-night-george-9 

Good luck on your upcoming tests and congratulations on finding your Christmas presents. Enjoy them.

With Zig moving worlds and ASJ studying it's going to be quieter around here.a-hard-days-night-paul-3

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
25 November 2013
8.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2046

Congratulations Zig! That's great news. Good luck with your work and moving!

Good luck on your tests AppleScruff! 

Tomorrow our Lidl will open again. It was closed for 6 weeks due to the rebuilding. Tomorrow we will get a tour through it and can taste new products and there will be a buffet too. And then in the evening our families can come and we will all get a goodiebag. I'm looking forward to see what it looks like. I'm sure it'll be a huge improvement.

Also, I'm having a presentation tomorrow with 2 other people and we haven't prepared at allpaul-mccartney One of them wrote down the questions we had to assimilate, but her email flipped and now we didn't have them so we didn't know what to put in there. Also, we were supposed to work on it today, because none of them had time to work on it last day. One of them didn't show up and I sort of started to freak out, because I hate standing in front of a class, especially if I'm not prepared. I'm scaredpaul-mccartney

25 November 2013
9.18pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4100

Yikes, Linde. I'm scared FOR you. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe there will be a major freak storm forcing the school to close.

ASJ – best of luck on your exams.

Sending positive brain waves to both of you!

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

25 November 2013
9.24pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1054

Zig said
Thanks everyone!!

Anyone wanna buy a house in Maine? Gently used, only one owner.

I'd take you up on it, but I don't think my country mouse wife would want to move to New England.

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
26 November 2013
2.48am
meanmistermustard

Just found an email from my local library (arrived in my email account at 1:30am in the morning!) informing me that the latest Dylan cd i ordered, The Bootleg Series Vol. 5: Bob Dylan Live 1975, The Rolling Thunder Revu, has arrived and is waiting for me to pick up. 

Librarys' rock.a-hard-days-night-john-5a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
26 November 2013
2.50am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

Zig said
Hi all – I haven't been around much lately due to some exciting developments. My wife and I have both accepted promotions and will be moving to Pennsylvania very soon.

It is exciting but also very scary as we still haven't sold our current house, have no new house to move to yet and the holidays are coming!!paul-mccartney

Anyway, if I'm not around much in the near future, I will be after the dust settles. Wish me luck – gonna need plenty!!

Congrats to you both and good luck!  a-hard-days-night-john-6

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

26 November 2013
3.15am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4963

meanmistermustard said
Just found an email from my local library (arrived in my email account at 1:30am in the morning!) informing me that the latest Dylan cd i ordered, The Bootleg Series Vol. 5: Bob Dylan Live 1975, The Rolling Thunder Revu, has arrived and is waiting for me to pick up. 

Librarys' rock.a-hard-days-night-john-5a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-1

You're happy. John's happy.

And a little weirdness from a library in Canada.

26 November 2013
3.54am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1684

^ Speaking of books, well, sort of.

Due to my ornery nature these days I have been 'between contracts' for a couple of months.  During that time, apart from Beatles catch-up expenses, I bought an old 19th century set of Encyclopaedia Britannica.  Some of the bindings have fallen apart so I am having them re-bound, a process I am very interested in – which I mentioned to the bindery doing it, along with my employment status.

Long story short; I am going in tomorrow for 3 hours of casual work.  I have no idea what I will be doing apart from 'operating machinery'.  The pay is low, but will at least help with the credit card bill next month, and maybe I will pick up some interesting skills or get to do a bit more there if they like the way I work.  I am at the stage of my career where I am more interested in doing something rewarding than earning the highest rate of pay – for info it will be at about 20% of the hourly rate I get when I am doing contract work :)

26 November 2013
6.15am
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said
^ Speaking of books, well, sort of.

Due to my ornery nature these days I have been 'between contracts' for a couple of months.  During that time, apart from Beatles catch-up expenses, I bought an old 19th century set of Encyclopaedia Britannica.  Some of the bindings have fallen apart so I am having them re-bound, a process I am very interested in – which I mentioned to the bindery doing it, along with my employment status.

Long story short; I am going in tomorrow for 3 hours of casual work.  I have no idea what I will be doing apart from 'operating machinery'.  The pay is low, but will at least help with the credit card bill next month, and maybe I will pick up some interesting skills or get to do a bit more there if they like the way I work.  I am at the stage of my career where I am more interested in doing something rewarding than earning the highest rate of pay – for info it will be at about 20% of the hourly rate I get when I am doing contract work :)

Sounds like fun. Pleasse report back to us on this little adventure.

26 November 2013
6.41am
Ahhh Girl

re the library picture in the 3rd post above: that isn't where I work, but they seem like they would be a fun group with which to work.

I couldn't get my phone to edit the original post. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

26 November 2013
8.28pm
meanmistermustard

On itunes there is a 'Songs For The Philippines' compilation that has as its first track Across The Universe from Past Masters and the album version of Let It Be as the closing song. Not something you normally come across so maybe this is the outcome of The Beatles music now belonging to Universal.

It is pretty cool to see The Beatles, and Dylan, alongside a whole load of more recent artists like Beiber, Katy Perry and One Direction.

A BBC article on the album (also posted in the News thread)

27 November 2013
5.56am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1684

Report from Apprentice Book Binder #1

Well, I survived, with only one partly blooded fingernail!!

I have been operating all sorts of machinery that looks like it was made in the 19th century, except for an awesomely big guillotine which is a hoot to operate.  So far I have learned 3 stages of the process and the magic numbers 1/3 and 7.2 – I can't tell you what they mean – trade secrets :)

I think I have been more gainfully employed than at any other time in the past 40 years – there is some satisfaction in making 'stuff' rather than being in a service industry.

I must have done OK – they want me back for a few hours on Friday – I am covering for one of their staff who is away sick just now.  I may not get many more hours but maybe I can become their 'goto' person when they need a hand.

27 November 2013
2.51pm
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said
Report from Apprentice Book Binder #1

Well, I survived, with only one partly blooded fingernail!!

I have been operating all sorts of machinery that looks like it was made in the 19th century, except for an awesomely big guillotine which is a hoot to operate.  So far I have learned 3 stages of the process and the magic numbers 1/3 and 7.2 – I can't tell you what they mean – trade secrets :)

I think I have been more gainfully employed than at any other time in the past 40 years – there is some satisfaction in making 'stuff' rather than being in a service industry.

I must have done OK – they want me back for a few hours on Friday – I am covering for one of their staff who is away sick just now.  I may not get many more hours but maybe I can become their 'goto' person when they need a hand.

Yay! Glad you enjoyed the experience.

27 November 2013
8.39pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4100

wetsroosa said

Zig said
Thanks everyone!!

I'd take you up on it, but I don't think my country mouse wife would want to move to New England.

Could the country mouse be more easily swayed if she knew that New England is home to some of the most heavily wooded states in the US?

• 1. Maine 85.8%
  • 2. New Hampshire 78.4%
  • 3. West Virginia: 77.2%
  • 4. Vermont: 75.7%
  • 5. Alabama: 70.6%

Oh by the way…Tennessee is 14th. So, if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Mountains of East Tennessee, come on up to Maine. I have a house you can buy!!

a-hard-days-night-george-10

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

27 November 2013
8.55pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

Zig said
Thanks everyone!!

Yes, me. Well, I've always wanted to visit anyway :) 'Fraid I can't afford to buy your house of you though, as much as I'd like to.

Linde, good luck with your presentation. I have one of my own tomorrow which, when I read your post, I remembered and got angry about again. I was going to say how I could empathize, but I don't think I'll explain this time otherwise I'll pick the phone up and have a go at the person (''friend'&#39a-hard-days-night-george-10 who's messed it all up for me and the other girl. Rule learnt: always do the work on your own if you can.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

27 November 2013
10.08pm
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

Zig said

wetsroosa said

Zig said
Thanks everyone!!

Could the country mouse be more easily swayed if she knew that New England is home to some of the most heavily wooded states in the US?

• 1. Maine 85.8%
  • 2. New Hampshire 78.4%
  • 3. West Virginia: 77.2%
  • 4. Vermont: 75.7%
  • 5. Alabama: 70.6%

Oh by the way…Tennessee is 14th. So, if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Mountains of East Tennessee, come on up to Maine. I have a house you can buy!!

a-hard-days-night-george-10

Would love to, as I've always wanted to see Maine, but unfortunately… thanks for the offer, though.

28 November 2013
1.33am
meanmistermustard

Love this. A nice Sixties Girl-ground (The Angels) song where the boyfriend is coming back and he's gonna beat the shit out of a guy who's been hassling the girl and spreading lies about her. 

28 November 2013
5.35pm
Ahhh Girl

28 November 2013
6.00pm
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said
^^That song pairs well with "Leave My Kitten Alone."

Yeah. Great shout.apple01

I like it because it moves away from the Girll-ground songs of he loves yeay or he left me boo-hoo. You also have Leader of the Pack where the Shangri-La's Leader of the Pack where the death of the boyfriend is the theme of the song and off you go, and away from the Girl-groups you have Ricky Nelson's Tell Laura I Love Her, another great song. Must be others out there. 

And a whole lot nicer themed than Run For Your Life where the boyfriend is threatening the girl for going off (love the song tho).a-hard-days-night-john-5 

28 November 2013
7.59pm
WETSRoosa
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said
^^That song pairs well with "Leave My Kitten Alone."

Yeah. Great shout.apple01

I like it because it moves away from the Girll-ground songs of he loves yeay or he left me boo-hoo. You also have Leader of the Pack where the Shangri-La's Leader of the Pack where the death of the boyfriend is the theme of the song and off you go, and away from the Girl-groups you have Ricky Nelson's Tell Laura I Love Her, another great song. Must be others out there. 

And a whole lot nicer themed than Run For Your Life where the boyfriend is threatening the girl for going off (love the song tho).a-hard-days-night-john-5 

I think John actually admitted years later that he hated that "Run for Your Life" was on Rubber Soul because the song's alluding to violence stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the album's peace-themed songwriting.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Joe, johnnymain
52 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: Joe
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9774

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5109

Ahhh Girl: 4963

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4163

Zig: 4100

Mr. Kite: 3696

Ron Nasty: 3034

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2595

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3160

Newest Members: Nereus, Mazza, AllMyLoving, KenO, mrneil2

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4963), meanmistermustard (9774), Zig (4100), Joe (3452)

Administrators: Joe (3452), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None