Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
24 November 2013
6.48pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5161sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah well that’s just luck for you, isn’t it? :(

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

24 November 2013
10.29pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5162sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow that looks so nice! What a pretty sight. We haven’t had proper snow in a few years. Just a small layer or the dirty kind of snow which isn’t really snow. When I don’t have to go somewhere on my bike or by train, I love snow.

24 November 2013
10.41pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

Linde said
Wow that looks so nice! What a pretty sight. We haven’t had proper snow in a few years. Just a small layer or the dirty kind of snow which isn’t really snow. When I don’t have to go somewhere on my bike or by train, I love snow.

The sun came out during the afternoon and really lit the place up. It was almost blinding.

25 November 2013
3.10am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

I’m having a “lazy sunday”, so I decided to have a nice relaxing evening bath instead of a quick shower.

I left the water running and when I went back to the full tub, it had gone cold.

So now there is no hot water and I’m still dirty.

I am now boiling water on my stove to add to the water until it’s warm enough.  Just like we did when we stayed at my grandpas old house as kids, and the tiny hot water tank would always run out.

tumblr_mwsu4r4uG11s8bbfvo1_250.gifImage Enlarger

Ugh.  This was supposed to be relaxing.

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

25 November 2013
3.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5165sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Hope you did get some relaxing done, LHL.

The campus decided to cancel classes and activities until 11 this morning due to the road conditions. Someone forgot to tell the guy who manages the automatic lock/unlock system for the library doors. I had hubby bring me to work today in his 4-wheel drive pick-up. I was here at 8:10, and someone came in soon after me. I called the director, and she said to go ahead and let people in. I’m a one-woman show until other workers get here at 11. I’m jack-of-most library activities. I think I can manage until they show up.

25 November 2013
4.36pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
5166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

The campus decided to cancel classes and activities until 11 this morning due to the road conditions. Someone forgot to tell the guy who manages the automatic lock/unlock system for the library doors. I had hubby bring me to work today in his 4-wheel drive pick-up. I was here at 8:10, and someone came in soon after me. I called the director, and she said to go ahead and let people in. I’m a one-woman show until other workers get here at 11. I’m jack-of-most library activities. I think I can manage until they show up.

Well i hope you get some work done instead of messing about on Beatle websites. We don’t pay your wages you knowahdn_paul_01

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 November 2013
4.48pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5167sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Well i hope you get some work done instead of messing about on Beatle websites. We don’t pay your wages you knowahdn_paul_01

I’m getting a lot done. It’s really nice to get some time like this to be quiet and not pulled in 7 directions at once.

25 November 2013
5.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5168sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

I’m getting a lot done. It’s really nice to get some time like this to be quiet and not pulled in 7 directions at once.

Good to hear.apple01apple01

Is the snow still with you? I am incredibly envious.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 November 2013
5.43pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5169sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Good to hear.apple01apple01

Is the snow still with you? I am incredibly envious.

The roads are mostly clear, but grassy areas are still pretty and white.

25 November 2013
6.05pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5170sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was looking at some Johnny Cash albums and found that for The Rebel cd at amazon costs you £5 less than the download and gives you the download free. Bizarre. 

25 November 2013
6.44pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
5171sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi all – I haven’t been around much lately due to some exciting developments. My wife and I have both accepted promotions and will be moving to Pennsylvania very soon.

It is exciting but also very scary as we still haven’t sold our current house, have no new house to move to yet and the holidays are coming!!paul-mccartney

Anyway, if I’m not around much in the near future, I will be after the dust settles. Wish me luck – gonna need plenty!!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 November 2013
6.54pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5172sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats to both of you apple01apple01and good luck on your move.

25 November 2013
6.58pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5173sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best of luck with the new job, house and life to you and your wife, Zig! apple01apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 November 2013
7.17pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5174sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations on the very good news Zig.

Good luck on the move and enjoy the new adventure together.

apple01apple01

25 November 2013
8.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
5175sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck on the move apple01 Zig and co.

Praise the Lord we now have a charger for the laptop, I know how much y’all have missed me a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_ringo_09

I have Christmas tests on Thursday, Friday and Monday so don’t expect a lot of natter and chatter until they’re over, that and I found my Christmas presents (mwahaha), The Concert For Bangladesh is aching to be played ahdn_paul_01and Hallelujah all the used DVDs/CDs are in good condition a-hard-days-night-george-9 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

25 November 2013
8.01pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
5176sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Hi all – I haven’t been around much lately due to some exciting developments. My wife and I have both accepted promotions and will be moving to Pennsylvania very soon.

It is exciting but also very scary as we still haven’t sold our current house, have no new house to move to yet and the holidays are coming!!paul-mccartney

Anyway, if I’m not around much in the near future, I will be after the dust settles. Wish me luck – gonna need plenty!!

Sounds awesome – best wishes from down here.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

25 November 2013
8.15pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks everyone!!

Anyone wanna buy a house in Maine? Gently used, only one owner.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 November 2013
8.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5178sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Good luck on the move apple01 Zig and co.

Praise the Lord we now have a charger for the laptop, I know how much y’all have missed me a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_ringo_09

I have Christmas tests on Thursday, Friday and Monday so don’t expect a lot of natter and chatter until they’re over, that and I found my Christmas presents (mwahaha), The Concert For Bangladesh is aching to be played ahdn_paul_01and Hallelujah all the used DVDs/CDs are in good condition a-hard-days-night-george-9 

Good luck on your upcoming tests and congratulations on finding your Christmas presents. Enjoy them.

With Zig moving worlds and ASJ studying it’s going to be quieter around here.a-hard-days-night-paul-3

25 November 2013
8.45pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5179sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations Zig! That’s great news. Good luck with your work and moving!

Good luck on your tests AppleScruff! 

Tomorrow our Lidl will open again. It was closed for 6 weeks due to the rebuilding. Tomorrow we will get a tour through it and can taste new products and there will be a buffet too. And then in the evening our families can come and we will all get a goodiebag. I’m looking forward to see what it looks like. I’m sure it’ll be a huge improvement.

Also, I’m having a presentation tomorrow with 2 other people and we haven’t prepared at allpaul-mccartney One of them wrote down the questions we had to assimilate, but her email flipped and now we didn’t have them so we didn’t know what to put in there. Also, we were supposed to work on it today, because none of them had time to work on it last day. One of them didn’t show up and I sort of started to freak out, because I hate standing in front of a class, especially if I’m not prepared. I’m scaredpaul-mccartney

25 November 2013
9.18pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
5180sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yikes, Linde. I’m scared FOR you. I wish you the best of luck. Maybe there will be a major freak storm forcing the school to close.

ASJ – best of luck on your exams.

Sending positive brain waves to both of you!

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691