The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 259 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
24 November 2013
2.33pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4582

Freezing rain on Friday. Power lost for about two hours on Friday night and four hours yesterday. Now this on Sunday morning. The new Girl Scout motto: keep mobile phones and laptops charged in case of power outages.

24 November 2013
5.26pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2927

^^ At least it looks nice and pretty. :)

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

24 November 2013
6.43pm
Ahhh Girl

fabfouremily said
^^ At least it looks nice and pretty. :)

Yes, you're right, Emily. It is very pretty. We might even get a "snow day" out of it tomorrow…the only day I'm on the schedule to work this coming week (up to Saturday, at least).

24 November 2013
6.48pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Ah well that's just luck for you, isn't it? :(

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

24 November 2013
10.29pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1951

Wow that looks so nice! What a pretty sight. We haven't had proper snow in a few years. Just a small layer or the dirty kind of snow which isn't really snow. When I don't have to go somewhere on my bike or by train, I love snow.

24 November 2013
10.41pm
Ahhh Girl

Linde said
Wow that looks so nice! What a pretty sight. We haven't had proper snow in a few years. Just a small layer or the dirty kind of snow which isn't really snow. When I don't have to go somewhere on my bike or by train, I love snow.

The sun came out during the afternoon and really lit the place up. It was almost blinding.

25 November 2013
3.10am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

I'm having a "lazy sunday", so I decided to have a nice relaxing evening bath instead of a quick shower.

I left the water running and when I went back to the full tub, it had gone cold.

So now there is no hot water and I'm still dirty.

I am now boiling water on my stove to add to the water until it's warm enough.  Just like we did when we stayed at my grandpas old house as kids, and the tiny hot water tank would always run out.

Ugh.  This was supposed to be relaxing.

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

25 November 2013
3.26pm
Ahhh Girl

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Hope you did get some relaxing done, LHL.

The campus decided to cancel classes and activities until 11 this morning due to the road conditions. Someone forgot to tell the guy who manages the automatic lock/unlock system for the library doors. I had hubby bring me to work today in his 4-wheel drive pick-up. I was here at 8:10, and someone came in soon after me. I called the director, and she said to go ahead and let people in. I'm a one-woman show until other workers get here at 11. I'm jack-of-most library activities. I think I can manage until they show up.

25 November 2013
4.36pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9305

Ahhh Girl said

The campus decided to cancel classes and activities until 11 this morning due to the road conditions. Someone forgot to tell the guy who manages the automatic lock/unlock system for the library doors. I had hubby bring me to work today in his 4-wheel drive pick-up. I was here at 8:10, and someone came in soon after me. I called the director, and she said to go ahead and let people in. I'm a one-woman show until other workers get here at 11. I'm jack-of-most library activities. I think I can manage until they show up.

Well i hope you get some work done instead of messing about on Beatle websites. We don't pay your wages you knowahdn_paul_01

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
25 November 2013
4.48pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Well i hope you get some work done instead of messing about on Beatle websites. We don't pay your wages you knowahdn_paul_01

I'm getting a lot done. It's really nice to get some time like this to be quiet and not pulled in 7 directions at once.

25 November 2013
5.01pm
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

I'm getting a lot done. It's really nice to get some time like this to be quiet and not pulled in 7 directions at once.

Good to hear.apple01apple01

Is the snow still with you? I am incredibly envious.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
25 November 2013
5.43pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Good to hear.apple01apple01

Is the snow still with you? I am incredibly envious.

The roads are mostly clear, but grassy areas are still pretty and white.

25 November 2013
6.05pm
meanmistermustard

Was looking at some Johnny Cash albums and found that for The Rebel cd at amazon costs you £5 less than the download and gives you the download free. Bizarre. 

25 November 2013
6.44pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3749

Hi all – I haven't been around much lately due to some exciting developments. My wife and I have both accepted promotions and will be moving to Pennsylvania very soon.

It is exciting but also very scary as we still haven't sold our current house, have no new house to move to yet and the holidays are coming!!paul-mccartney

Anyway, if I'm not around much in the near future, I will be after the dust settles. Wish me luck – gonna need plenty!!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

25 November 2013
6.54pm
Ahhh Girl

Congrats to both of you apple01apple01and good luck on your move.

25 November 2013
6.58pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Best of luck with the new job, house and life to you and your wife, Zig! apple01apple01

25 November 2013
7.17pm
meanmistermustard

Congratulations on the very good news Zig.

Good luck on the move and enjoy the new adventure together.

apple01apple01

25 November 2013
8.00pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1734

Good luck on the move apple01 Zig and co.

Praise the Lord we now have a charger for the laptop, I know how much y'all have missed me a-hard-days-night-george-10ahdn_ringo_09

I have Christmas tests on Thursday, Friday and Monday so don't expect a lot of natter and chatter until they're over, that and I found my Christmas presents (mwahaha), The Concert For Bangladesh is aching to be played ahdn_paul_01and Hallelujah all the used DVDs/CDs are in good condition a-hard-days-night-george-9 

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
25 November 2013
8.01pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1649

Zig said
Hi all – I haven't been around much lately due to some exciting developments. My wife and I have both accepted promotions and will be moving to Pennsylvania very soon.

It is exciting but also very scary as we still haven't sold our current house, have no new house to move to yet and the holidays are coming!!paul-mccartney

Anyway, if I'm not around much in the near future, I will be after the dust settles. Wish me luck – gonna need plenty!!

Sounds awesome – best wishes from down here.

25 November 2013
8.15pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 3749

Thanks everyone!!

Anyone wanna buy a house in Maine? Gently used, only one owner.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Inner Light, Ahhh Girl, C.R.A., Bulldog, Mariana
73 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9305

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 4936

mithveaen: 4651

Ahhh Girl: 4580

Zig: 3749

Annadog40: 3681

Mr. Kite: 3315

Ron Nasty: 2972

fabfouremily: 2927

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2524

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3173

Newest Members: SaxonMothersSon, HAWAIIBEATLESFAN, all8daysaweek, batbear, mal evans

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4580), meanmistermustard (9305), Zig (3749), Joe (3417)

Administrators: Joe (3417), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: Filipe