The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 258 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
19 November 2013
7.58pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9768

Scotland just beat Norway 1-0 in one of the biggest smash and grabs ever. We were truly dire.a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-6heart

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
19 November 2013
9.24pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3032

The five surviving members of Monty Python are reuniting for a stage show, Terry Jones has confirmed to the BBC. They will hold a press conference on Thursday to give further details.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ente…..s-24999401

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
19 November 2013
9.48pm
meanmistermustard

mja6758 said
The five surviving members of Monty Python are reuniting for a stage show, Terry Jones has confirmed to the BBC. They will hold a press conference on Thursday to give further details.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ente…..s-24999401

Still Game did this first, Python just copying their idea.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
20 November 2013
1.41am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1053

Sachs Media Group tried to imagine what famous rock stars who died young might look like today… as you might have guessed, they attempted to imagine what John at 73 (!) might look like if he was alive today…

john lennon

Looks like Steve Coogan to me. 

Here's the link to the page, as they also re-imagine Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Bob Marley, among others: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…..lp00000592

"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
20 November 2013
6.36am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5109

wetsroosa said

Yeah, I posted that at the news thread. I said David Straitharn.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

20 November 2013
12.53pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1053

parlance said

wetsroosa said

Yeah, I posted that at the news thread. I said David Straitharn.

parlance

I can see it either way…
"Daddy, just remember... Mommy's smarter than you. She said so."- My 4 year old
20 November 2013
3.43pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 4958

mja6758 said
[snip]

Ahhh Girl, good luck on your paper, and crossed-fingers it's accepted by the 15th. Would definitely be another feather in your boa!
  [snip]

I haven't quit laughing over the boa. Everyone at work says my best color is pink. So here's the boa I picked out.

21 November 2013
4.03pm
meanmistermustard

In Glasgow where i managed to get 3 Dylan albums from the library, including the most recent Bootleg series release 'Another Self Portrait", and a cd of Elvis tracks from 1954 – 1957. A record shop also had the Lennon Unfinished Music CD's going for £6 each which i passed up (the price tag for Two Virgins was placed over the naughty part of the covera-hard-days-night-john-6).  And then the local library had Dylan's Tempest upon its cd shelves.apple01

Love librarys.

21 November 2013
5.27pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said
In Glasgow where i managed to get 3 Dylan albums from the library, including the most recent Bootleg series release 'Another Self Portrait", and a cd of Elvis tracks from 1954 – 1957. A record shop also had the Lennon Unfinished Music CD's going for £6 each which i passed up (the price tag for Two Virgins was placed over the naughty part of the covera-hard-days-night-john-6).  And then the local library had Dylan's Tempest upon its cd shelves.apple01

Love librarys.

Was everything in the right place this time? I'm glad you had a pleasant experience this time around.

It really helps me to hear you and the others who have mentioned that they are fans of their library. Sometimes the backstage, out of view of the public, day-to-day office blah, blah, blah can wear on me sometimes, but hearing happy stories like this makes me remember why I love this job.

I got to help a young man today find articles regarding the reduction of hours devoted to physical education in elementary schools so that more time can be given to subject matter instruction. Just spending that 15 minutes with him, and seeing his eyes light up when I knew he really understood the process and the key terms to use in his searches, made the edges of my mouth turn up :-) after some yucky office politics junk that occurred this week.

21 November 2013
5.51pm
meanmistermustard

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Love librarys.

Was everything in the right place this time? I'm glad you had a pleasant experience this time around.

It really helps me to hear you and the others who have mentioned that they are fans of their library. Sometimes the backstage, out of view of the public, day-to-day office blah, blah, blah can wear on me sometimes, but hearing happy stories like this makes me remember why I love this job.

I got to help a young man today find articles regarding the reduction of hours devoted to physical education in elementary schools so that more time can be given to subject matter instruction. Just spending that 15 minutes with him, and seeing his eyes light up when I knew he really understood the process and the key terms to use in his searches, made the edges of my mouth turn up :-) after some yucky office politics junk that occurred this week.

Nothing had been moved.apple01

I don't get the bitching of libraries, the NHS, or many other things folks like to complain about. Sure they have problems and you will get the occasional foul-up but i've never had a problem myself. The staff always come across as very helpful and cheerful when talking to them and considering the amount of crap that will come their way from the powers above and some members of public its surprising they aren't more crabbit and likely to tell you to piss off. 

The idea of our joint-Government to close local libraries to save money is really stupid as for so many people they are such an important part of their lives. Why anyone would take that any and make people even more isolated from the world is beyond me. And surely we want people to be reading more, developing IT skills, meeting people thru bookclubs, and helping others do the same. 

21 November 2013
8.18pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1684

meanmistermustard said

Love librarys.

Aargh – now I'm jealous.  I have been looking for the first two to accompany my Wedding Album.  I wonder if that shop has a local subsidiary? :)

And yes, I love libraries.

[EDIT] Oh, and loved Glasgow during our 2007 Euro extravaganza; particularly Kelvin Grove museum and the Necropolis – which was just amazing.

21 November 2013
10.41pm
meanmistermustard

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Love librarys.

Aargh – now I'm jealous.  I have been looking for the first two to accompany my Wedding Album.  I wonder if that shop has a local subsidiary? :)

And yes, I love libraries.

[EDIT] Oh, and loved Glasgow during our 2007 Euro extravaganza; particularly Kelvin Grove museum and the Necropolis – which was just amazing.

Its a second hand record store called Missing based only in Glasgow i think but there may be a few more stores around Scotland. Give them a phone and see if they will do you free post and packaging.

If anyone is thinking of ever coming to Scotland 2014 is the year what with everything happening in Scotland (Independence Referendum, Commonwealth Games to name just two). You can try out our unique diet of deep fried things, irn bru, whiskey, rolls and butter/crisps, tablet and shortbread.

22 November 2013
12.03pm
meanmistermustard

Found this Top 50 Beatles Songs chart and, whilst all run downs like this are totally subjective, this one isn't the normal 1. A Day In The Life, 2. Hey Jude, 3. Strawberry Fields. 

22 November 2013
5.37pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

^ The only time I've seen a Harrison song at the top of a list like that. I'm not entirely sure it's correct to say it's ''the best'', but it's still nice to see.

So, I convinced my mom to get a cat. Well, actually, that's not entirely true – we arrived home from work/school yesterday and he was just there, waiting to be let in. We have no idea where he's come from. He's quite clean and not particularly thin so we're not sure if he has an owner. Nobody has ever seen him before, though, so the only thing I can think of is if he's been dumped.

It's strange getting used to having a pet around again. This one seems very needy, unlike my last one, which he'll have to snap out of. Atm he follows us around everywhere and as the house is usually empty during the day, and sometimes until late, and I spend most of my time in my room (where he's not allowed), it's turning out to be a bit of a problem. Hopefully he'll get better as he settles in more.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

22 November 2013
11.19pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2040

Hey at least you got a cat! Maybe not the way you wanted, but it's there. I never understood why people just dumped their pets by the way.

I passed all my tests! All of them! I'm one of the only three students of my class who passed them all. I'm so happy I won't have to do these tests again! Geez I had already prepared myself to be studying during Christmas break but now it's not necessary and all is well again <3

Also, I sort of taught myself how to play Let it be on the keyboards. It doesn't really flow like it should, but I don't care. This is the first time ever I'm seriously trying to learn something on the keyboards and it does sound quite alright for a starter. 

22 November 2013
11.43pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3032

Linde said
I passed all my tests! All of them! I'm one of the only three students of my class who passed them all.

And what did I say after you thought you'd done badly on the first one? That you probably done better than you thought! Congratulations, and a huge well done, Linde! Knew you could do it!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
22 November 2013
11.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Yay, Linde!!! Great job apple01apple01apple01

We just lost power. The lines into our neighborhood are down due to freezing rain. Right in the middle of a downoad. I hope the battery back-up lasts until hubby gets the generator going.

23 November 2013
1.08am
meanmistermustard

Linde said

I passed all my tests! All of them! I'm one of the only three students of my class who passed them all. I'm so happy I won't have to do these tests again! Geez I had already prepared myself to be studying during Christmas break but now it's not necessary and all is well again <3

The Beatles would be very proud and pleased – and then gently cheekily tease you.

23 November 2013
3.14pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2934

Linde said

Also, I sort of taught myself how to play Let it be on the keyboards. It doesn't really flow like it should, but I don't care. This is the first time ever I'm seriously trying to learn something on the keyboards and it does sound quite alright for a starter. 

Well done on both things, but especially on passing all your exams! And only one of three, too! Going to do anything nice to celebrate?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

23 November 2013
6.35pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2040

Nah, I'll celebrate when I've passed all my tests of the year. That will be truly special.

Don't have much time either, school is sooooo much work right now. Next week I'm going to a birthdayparty and Wednesday I'm going on my date. I'll just count those things as celebrations :D

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: AppleScruffJunior, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Mr. Kite, Matt Busby, Hey Jude, Bulldog, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy
63 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9768

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5109

Ahhh Girl: 4958

mithveaen: 4651

Annadog40: 4150

Zig: 4100

Mr. Kite: 3685

Ron Nasty: 3032

fabfouremily: 2934

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2594

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3159

Newest Members: Mazza, AllMyLoving, KenO, mrneil2, macdog

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (4958), meanmistermustard (9768), Zig (4100), Joe (3452)

Administrators: Joe (3452), Ellie (1)

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None