Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
20 November 2013
1.41am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sachs Media Group tried to imagine what famous rock stars who died young might look like today… as you might have guessed, they attempted to imagine what John at 73 (!) might look like if he was alive today…

john lennonImage Enlarger

Looks like Steve Coogan to me. 

Here’s the link to the page, as they also re-imagine Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Bob Marley, among others: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…..lp00000592

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

20 November 2013
6.36am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
5142sp_Permalink sp_Print

wetsroosa said

Yeah, I posted that at the news thread. I said David Straitharn.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

20 November 2013
12.53pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097

parlance said

wetsroosa said

Yeah, I posted that at the news thread. I said David Straitharn.

parlance

david-strathairn-07.jpgImage Enlarger

Image Enlarger

I can see it either way…

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

20 November 2013
3.43pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
5144sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
[snip]

Ahhh Girl, good luck on your paper, and crossed-fingers it’s accepted by the 15th. Would definitely be another feather in your boa!
  [snip]

I haven’t quit laughing over the boa. Everyone at work says my best color is pink. So here’s the boa I picked out.

pink-feather-boa.jpgImage Enlarger

21 November 2013
4.03pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
5145sp_Permalink sp_Print

In Glasgow where i managed to get 3 Dylan albums from the library, including the most recent Bootleg series release ‘Another Self Portrait”, and a cd of Elvis tracks from 1954 – 1957. A record shop also had the Lennon Unfinished Music CD’s going for £6 each which i passed up (the price tag for Two Virgins was placed over the naughty part of the covera-hard-days-night-john-6).  And then the local library had Dylan’s Tempest upon its cd shelves.apple01

Love librarys.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 November 2013
5.27pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5146sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
In Glasgow where i managed to get 3 Dylan albums from the library, including the most recent Bootleg series release ‘Another Self Portrait”, and a cd of Elvis tracks from 1954 – 1957. A record shop also had the Lennon Unfinished Music CD’s going for £6 each which i passed up (the price tag for Two Virgins was placed over the naughty part of the covera-hard-days-night-john-6).  And then the local library had Dylan’s Tempest upon its cd shelves.apple01

Love librarys.

Was everything in the right place this time? I’m glad you had a pleasant experience this time around.

It really helps me to hear you and the others who have mentioned that they are fans of their library. Sometimes the backstage, out of view of the public, day-to-day office blah, blah, blah can wear on me sometimes, but hearing happy stories like this makes me remember why I love this job.

I got to help a young man today find articles regarding the reduction of hours devoted to physical education in elementary schools so that more time can be given to subject matter instruction. Just spending that 15 minutes with him, and seeing his eyes light up when I knew he really understood the process and the key terms to use in his searches, made the edges of my mouth turn up :-) after some yucky office politics junk that occurred this week.

21 November 2013
5.51pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5147sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Love librarys.

Was everything in the right place this time? I’m glad you had a pleasant experience this time around.

It really helps me to hear you and the others who have mentioned that they are fans of their library. Sometimes the backstage, out of view of the public, day-to-day office blah, blah, blah can wear on me sometimes, but hearing happy stories like this makes me remember why I love this job.

I got to help a young man today find articles regarding the reduction of hours devoted to physical education in elementary schools so that more time can be given to subject matter instruction. Just spending that 15 minutes with him, and seeing his eyes light up when I knew he really understood the process and the key terms to use in his searches, made the edges of my mouth turn up :-) after some yucky office politics junk that occurred this week.

Nothing had been moved.apple01

I don’t get the bitching of libraries, the NHS, or many other things folks like to complain about. Sure they have problems and you will get the occasional foul-up but i’ve never had a problem myself. The staff always come across as very helpful and cheerful when talking to them and considering the amount of crap that will come their way from the powers above and some members of public its surprising they aren’t more crabbit and likely to tell you to piss off. 

The idea of our joint-Government to close local libraries to save money is really stupid as for so many people they are such an important part of their lives. Why anyone would take that any and make people even more isolated from the world is beyond me. And surely we want people to be reading more, developing IT skills, meeting people thru bookclubs, and helping others do the same. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

21 November 2013
8.18pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064

meanmistermustard said

Love librarys.

Aargh – now I’m jealous.  I have been looking for the first two to accompany my Wedding Album .  I wonder if that shop has a local subsidiary? :)

And yes, I love libraries.

[EDIT] Oh, and loved Glasgow during our 2007 Euro extravaganza; particularly Kelvin Grove museum and the Necropolis – which was just amazing.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

21 November 2013
10.41pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Love librarys.

Aargh – now I’m jealous.  I have been looking for the first two to accompany my Wedding Album .  I wonder if that shop has a local subsidiary? :)

And yes, I love libraries.

[EDIT] Oh, and loved Glasgow during our 2007 Euro extravaganza; particularly Kelvin Grove museum and the Necropolis – which was just amazing.

Its a second hand record store called Missing based only in Glasgow i think but there may be a few more stores around Scotland. Give them a phone and see if they will do you free post and packaging.

If anyone is thinking of ever coming to Scotland 2014 is the year what with everything happening in Scotland (Independence Referendum, Commonwealth Games to name just two). You can try out our unique diet of deep fried things, irn bru, whiskey, rolls and butter/crisps, tablet and shortbread.

22 November 2013
12.03pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
5150sp_Permalink sp_Print

Found this Top 50 Beatles Songs chart and, whilst all run downs like this are totally subjective, this one isn’t the normal 1. A Day In The Life , 2. Hey Jude , 3. Strawberry Fields. 

22 November 2013
5.37pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
5151sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ The only time I’ve seen a Harrison song at the top of a list like that. I’m not entirely sure it’s correct to say it’s ”the best”, but it’s still nice to see.

So, I convinced my mom to get a cat. Well, actually, that’s not entirely true – we arrived home from work/school yesterday and he was just there, waiting to be let in. We have no idea where he’s come from. He’s quite clean and not particularly thin so we’re not sure if he has an owner. Nobody has ever seen him before, though, so the only thing I can think of is if he’s been dumped.

It’s strange getting used to having a pet around again. This one seems very needy, unlike my last one, which he’ll have to snap out of. Atm he follows us around everywhere and as the house is usually empty during the day, and sometimes until late, and I spend most of my time in my room (where he’s not allowed), it’s turning out to be a bit of a problem. Hopefully he’ll get better as he settles in more.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

22 November 2013
11.19pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5152sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey at least you got a cat! Maybe not the way you wanted, but it’s there. I never understood why people just dumped their pets by the way.

I passed all my tests! All of them! I’m one of the only three students of my class who passed them all. I’m so happy I won’t have to do these tests again! Geez I had already prepared myself to be studying during Christmas break but now it’s not necessary and all is well again <3

Also, I sort of taught myself how to play Let it be on the keyboards. It doesn’t really flow like it should, but I don’t care. This is the first time ever I’m seriously trying to learn something on the keyboards and it does sound quite alright for a starter. 

22 November 2013
11.43pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
5153sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
I passed all my tests! All of them! I’m one of the only three students of my class who passed them all.

And what did I say after you thought you’d done badly on the first one? That you probably done better than you thought! Congratulations, and a huge well done, Linde! Knew you could do it!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 November 2013
11.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay, Linde!!! Great job apple01apple01apple01

We just lost power. The lines into our neighborhood are down due to freezing rain. Right in the middle of a downoad. I hope the battery back-up lasts until hubby gets the generator going.

23 November 2013
1.08am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Linde said

I passed all my tests! All of them! I’m one of the only three students of my class who passed them all. I’m so happy I won’t have to do these tests again! Geez I had already prepared myself to be studying during Christmas break but now it’s not necessary and all is well again <3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTOVnS4BE9eTnOgZh4O7xY_ninMuPwtFlAWtn8FBcvgPpgOPahPQImage Enlarger

The Beatles would be very proud and pleased – and then gently cheekily tease you.

beatles-thumbs-fdfeb33044a949befa8c69abfb9e5dd210bd6141-s6-c30.jpgImage Enlarger

23 November 2013
3.14pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5156sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Also, I sort of taught myself how to play Let it be on the keyboards. It doesn’t really flow like it should, but I don’t care. This is the first time ever I’m seriously trying to learn something on the keyboards and it does sound quite alright for a starter. 

Well done on both things, but especially on passing all your exams! And only one of three, too! Going to do anything nice to celebrate?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 November 2013
6.35pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
5157sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nah, I’ll celebrate when I’ve passed all my tests of the year. That will be truly special.

Don’t have much time either, school is sooooo much work right now. Next week I’m going to a birthdayparty and Wednesday I’m going on my date. I’ll just count those things as celebrations :D

24 November 2013
2.33pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5158sp_Permalink sp_Print

1460279_10151765033175779_1747739000_n.jpgImage Enlarger

Freezing rain on Friday. Power lost for about two hours on Friday night and four hours yesterday. Now this on Sunday morning. The new Girl Scout motto: keep mobile phones and laptops charged in case of power outages.

24 November 2013
5.26pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
5159sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^ At least it looks nice and pretty. :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

24 November 2013
6.43pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
5160sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
^^ At least it looks nice and pretty. :)

Yes, you’re right, Emily. It is very pretty. We might even get a “snow day” out of it tomorrow…the only day I’m on the schedule to work this coming week (up to Saturday, at least).

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timothy, Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694