The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 256 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
15 November 2013
8.46pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 7548
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5103sp_Permalink

fabfouremily said
Anyone have any ideas on what to do when you've had the week from hell, and you know next week will be pretty much the same, and you're dreading it? I know we're only at Friday night, but last Sunday I put off going to bed 'till I couldn't keep my eyes open any more, just wanting to deny that the new week is nigh, and that didn't work. Want to try something else this week - ha!

I'm not sure, but I believe you are not of drinking age? That means a drunken stupor is out of the question.
A few techniques that have worked for me (aside from the aforementioned stupor) are... 

• Imagine your mind is a chalkboard with all of your troubles written on it. Slowly erase them.
  • Imagine your mind is a window looking out on to all of your troubles. Slowly pull the shade down/close the curtains.
  • Starting at your toes, tell your body to go to sleep (go to sleep toes - go to sleep feet - go to sleep ankles, etc...). It is incredible how relaxing this one can be.

They sound too simple, but really work. Hope that helps.

mal-evans

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

16 November 2013
11.38pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2627
5109sp_Permalink

^

I used to have a diary but after a very short time I became incredibly bored with it and became too lazy.

Wow this week was weird. I had a fight with a colleague, I passed another exam, and I randombly bought a keyboard. Yes people, the next Mozart has stood up. So far, besides the stuff I could play already, I've managed to teach myself the intro of Strawberry Fields Forever and the outro of Let It Be.

I also went out last Thursday, with some classmates. It was really a lot of fun and I had a chat with some guy who asked me for my number. We've been talking all day on Whatsapp and now he asked me out on a date! Ha. I'm actually kind of excited.

Anyway, it was fun, but my train home only went at 5.15 and I was all alone. And damn, a train station at night isn't a nice place. Also, I went by foot instead of bike to the trainstation, because I didn't dare to leave my bike there all night, so when I finally got back into my city, I had to walk all the way back to my house. It's not a long walk, but I made it long, because I tried to avoid all the creepy streets and dark corners as much as possible. I only slept for 3 hours and that afternoon I had to work again. I'll never do it again that way.

16 November 2013
11.43pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10749
5110sp_Permalink

Linde said
^

I used to have a diary but after a very short time I became incredibly bored with it and became too lazy.

Wow this week was weird. I had a fight with a colleague, I passed another exam, and I randombly bought a keyboard. Yes people, the next Mozart has stood up. So far, besides the stuff I could play already, I've managed to teach myself the intro of Strawberry Fields Forever and the outro of Let It Be.

I also went out last Thursday, with some classmates. It was really a lot of fun and I had a chat with some guy who asked me for my number. We've been talking all day on Whatsapp and now he asked me out on a date! Ha. I'm actually kind of excited.

Anyway, it was fun, but my train home only went at 5.15 and I was all alone. And damn, a train station at night isn't a nice place. Also, I went by foot instead of bike to the trainstation, because I didn't dare to leave my bike there all night, so when I finally got back into my city, I had to walk all the way back to my house. It's not a long walk, but I made it long, because I tried to avoid all the creepy streets and dark corners as much as possible. I only slept for 3 hours and that afternoon I had to work again. I'll never do it again that way.

Glad you got home safely. Hope the guy turns out to be a keeper...even if not for romance at least for friendship.

17 November 2013
1.55pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10749
5113sp_Permalink

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed you time wandering. It helps me to get outside of myself, so to say, to go and see other people busy at life.

We Americans are told (I'm not going to assume anymore that we are being taught correctly...I  learned my lesson on that one earlier on the forum) that it is acceptable in Europe to linger at a table in a restaurant or coffee shop. The other day after a meeting up in OKC, I went to Applebee's for a late lunch. I wasn't in a big hurry so I took my time reading the Paul McCartney special issue of Rolling Stone while slowly savoring my meal. I felt like the waitress was trying to shuffle me out of the door even though the place was only 1/3 full. I'm sure there were open tables in her section for more customers/more tips.

17 November 2013
3.37pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 4942
17 November 2013
4.49pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2971
5120sp_Permalink

That sounds quite interesting, and funny, too. I used to keep a diary but I kept losing it. Something told me to see that as a sign, as I look after my things and never lose anything.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: pepperland, Expert Textpert, guitarman, Jay, Merch, ewe2, Silly Girl
71 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: Merch, ewe2
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17131

Ahhh Girl: 10745

Annadog40: 9719

Zig: 7548

parlance: 7092

mr. Sun king coming together: 6980

Mr. Kite: 6092

Silly Girl: 5792