The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 255 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
12 November 2013
4.04am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2144
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
5083sp_Permalink

mja6758 said

wetsroosa said
I found it interesting that he actually let his kids try chicken once to see for themselves. That certainly goes against the "Veggie or else" stance that some on here feel Paul gives off.

Though, of course, his response might have been different had they not disliked the chicken dish, but started jumping up and down declaring that they loved meat, and they wanted meat all the time, and to try lots of different kinds.

I would do the same with my kids.  I get guff from people about this mentality:  If I have children I will raise them off vegetarian… but once they were old enough to make those decisions I would let them try meat and then eat it if they like it..  but I would want them to know where it comes from.  It may sound harsh, but it's the truth and I would want them to know before they ate it.

I have been a vegetarian for 5 years now, and a couple of years ago my husband decided to go veggie as well.  I didn't push him into it (despite what his parents believed ahdn_paul_01).  He came to it completely on his own.  Living with me was a big influence, though I didn't try to make him change.  He understood why I was doing it and was always really open to talking about it.  a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

12 November 2013
2.53pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10756
12 November 2013
3.14pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112
12 November 2013
3.16pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17152
5088sp_Permalink
Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
12 November 2013
3.23pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112
5089sp_Permalink

meanmistermustard said

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Add in the time and it was 09:10 on 11/12/13 and then later 11/12/13 and 14:15.
Surprised this doesn't mean the end of all civilisation in some ancient book.

If William Hung didn't signal the end of civilization, no numbers game is going to do it.

Image Enlarger

Who's William Hung?

A really bad singer (and I mean REALLY BAD... dude sounds like a seal getting assaulted) who tried out for American Idol back in its more popular years and was rejected right out of the gate. Yet he caught on because mainstream America has no taste and actually had a little run at stardom. Thankfully, he went back to the hole he came from.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
13 November 2013
12.02am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17152

They were up on youtube a few years back and were really good, in some ways better than the official anthology as some interviews were more frank than what were released, unused video clips, a few topics that weren't included in the other, plus there were a few bits of music (eg the discarded "ummm" from the end of A Day In The Life) in there. 

I'd never suggest paying anything for bootlegs as you are basically paying someone for what isn't their's in the first place (and is technically illegal) .

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: trcanberra, Annadog40, georgiewood, Merch, sigh butterfly
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: trcanberra
5 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17138

Ahhh Girl: 10751

Annadog40: 9751

Zig: 7555

parlance: 7092