The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 250 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
3 November 2013
1.29am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea
Forum Posts: 3340

So the rooftop concert lasted 42 minutes. Paul was born in 1942. Just a silly little observation.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

3 November 2013
2.53am
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 69

Ahhh Girl said
So the rooftop concert lasted 42 minutes. Paul was born in 1942. Just a silly little observation.

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

3 November 2013
2.49pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7181

Ringo was the last to join ('62), first to leave/walk out ('68)

George was the second last to join ('58), second to leave/walk out ('69)

If only John hadn't thought he was Jesus then we might have had the full mirror symmetry. 

Ok they weren't official departures and both came back but it amuses my minda-hard-days-night-paul-11

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
3 November 2013
4.32pm
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2518

Sometimes you just have to wonder…

RIP Lou Reed Shirt // silver shirt

It's not difficult to check the picture!

EDIT: Oh God! I just looked at the Wethouse site on Etsy. They're not very good at this tee-shirt thing…

Michael Jackson Face Prince Symbol T-Shirt // black shirt white ink

Michael Jackson Prince Face T-Shirt // black shirt white ink

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
3 November 2013
6.05pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1476

LMAO!

Ah well, there are always some idiots who'll fall for it.

3 November 2013
6.18pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

AppleScruffJunior said
Can somebody please tell my brother that this is a crap cover

Brother, that's a crap cover?

Will that do, Katie? :D

Actually that is really bad a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

3 November 2013
9.16pm
Ahhh Girl

Linde said

[snip]

Sigh. Sociology really didn't go too well. It consisted out of 80 questions which you had to answer with either right or wrong. It was very difficult and they kind of screw us. The way they constructed the questions was very misleading.  I hope that the one I have today will go better. I have to watch a short video with a situation and there will be a case with a problem with it and then I'll have to observe the situation and form a conclusion out of that. I have to assimilate everything in a report. It's pretty difficult, but we have practised it multiple times and I'm quite good at it. I'm actually looking forward to it, rather than being nervous.

Do you have the results of the two exams? Hope you fared well on both.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

4 November 2013
7.55am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

I hate it when it seems that the teachers don't want you to do well. I was in a Physics exam on Thursday and I sat there for ages staring at this one question, not knowing how to do it. I was getting quite uptight about it because this question was worth a large part of the total score. It's only when someone else spoke up about it, I realised that it wasn't just me and, no, it can't be done. There wasn't enough info to apply any of the forumlae we studied. Thanks for pointing that out at the start! If we haven't got the necessary information, how are we supposed to do it?! Oh, you're not, the teacher said. I just wanted to see if you could work that out for yourself! Thanks. That's 30 of my 50 minute time slot taken on that one question :(

Hope your exam goes/went well, Linde. apple01

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

4 November 2013
9.12am
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

The teacher gave you a maths problem knowing there wasnt information and wanted you to work that out? What a waste of time! I'd have been truly peeved off at that.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
4 November 2013
12.59pm
Ahhh Girl

In library school back in 1996, I took a class on various computer topics. One of the things we covered was DOS. Being the worry wart that I am, I was working many chapters ahead when I hit upon a situation like you described, Emily. I worked on this one page for several days thinking that I was just to dumb to figure it out. Then something clicked, and I realized that some instructions in the book had to be wrong. I went to the prof, and my suspicions were confirmed. She hadn't even looked through the book that far yet. When the rest of the class was coming upon that chapter, she told them to see me to get instructions to complete the exercise. I was a bit miffed, but I helped everyone get through it.

4 November 2013
4.17pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Had another exam today. Didn't go quite as bad as I expected. And tomorrow we're going camping. It's one of those camps where you really get confronted with who you are. I've heard people call it ''cry-camp''. We're going with another class. The fun thing is, we're really a unity while the other class really can't get on with each other or with us. They're so immature, constantly laughing at us and gossiping. We actually tried to talk to them a few times and some of them are actually quite friendly, but there are some rotten apples in that class

Can't wait to cry in front of a class of people who dislike mepaul-mccartney

4 November 2013
4.22pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Sounds almost like Primal Scream Therapy! Have fun!

Glad you're happier with today's exam.

heart
4 November 2013
4.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Linde, please report back what you can out of that camp. Sounds interesting.

4 November 2013
7.54pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

The moustache is slowly growing :O

Anyways a (nosy) question for Emily, (I don't quite know how to phrase this but anyways) Are you in your A-Level year/the year you do your A-Levels/however the hell you say it, curious me was wondering :P Plus I am extremely jealous of your education system, ye only have to do 3/4 subjects for your A-Levels, we have to do 7 for our Leaving Cert! Your English course is easier than ours and your GCSEs are simple a-hard-days-night-george-10 Care to adopt me for 2 years? I can make waffles a-hard-days-night-john-3Also I don't understand your grading system a-hard-days-night-john-7

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

4 November 2013
8.37pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Forum Posts: 3298

mja6758 said
Sometimes you just have to wonder…

RIP Lou Reed Shirt // silver shirt

It's not difficult to check the picture!

Is that really Iggy Pop on a Lou Reed memorial T-shirt?!?!

Yikes! 

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Can buy Joe love! If you're going to buy that song, album, or T-shirt anyway; please consider using these links to support the Beatles Bible: Amazon | iTunes

4 November 2013
8.56pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

I think the T-shirts are a joke going by the website, see here.

4 November 2013
9.13pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

I know, like I said, I looked up the site. But what else do you do if you ordered a load of tee-shirts that you've got the design wrong on, but pretend the mistake is intentional to try and get rid of them?

And if the Lou memorial tee is supposed to be a joke, within hours of his death, it's in the poorest taste.

4 November 2013
10.44pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Someone who went on the camp last year just told me they had to climb into a tree while being blindfolded. The others of the group would give directions. It's some sort of trust-exercise. Yikes, I'm not going to climb in anything. 

5 November 2013
2.17am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Now I've seen some weird things they put The Beatles faces on in the '60s but…

http://i2.wp.com/www.mybeatles.net/imagesmem/mothballs.jpg?w=200

5 November 2013
2.27am
Ahhh Girl

mja6758 said
Now I've seen some weird things they put The Beatles faces on in the '60s but…

http://i2.wp.com/www.mybeatles.net/imagesmem/mothballs.jpg?w=200

That's not even nice. They shouldn't have done that. Pout.

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: ScrambledEggs
34 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today Ahhh Girl
Upcoming Linde

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7181

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3645

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

ZiveJustSeenAFaceo: 1945

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3060

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3340), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3207), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3207)