The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 249 | All together now | Fab forum | The Beatles Bible

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
31 October 2013
5.19pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea
Forum Posts: 3298

Naw, not rhetorical, I was just curious. I can't draw a circle so this is totally amazing to me.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

31 October 2013
5.43pm
Ahhh Girl

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said
Two of Us has John whistling at the end.
Doesnt Paul whistle in Dance Tonight, some naff solo or other?

John's whistled in several songs: "Jealous Guy," "I'm Your Angel" off Yoko's portion of Double Fantasy, the Anthology 2 outtake of "Your Bird Can Sing" with Paul…

I just found another one. The end of "C'mon People" on Off the Ground has whistling.

Can buy Joe love! Here's the link that explains how. http://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/getting-better/forum-changes/page-9/#p110183

31 October 2013
6.46pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

18:46 no trick or treaters yet, thinking of scoffing mars bars…it's going to be a long night

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

31 October 2013
7.00pm
Ahhh Girl

AppleScruffJunior said
18:46 no trick or treaters yet, thinking of scoffing mars bars…it's going to be a long night

You and Emily need to trade places tonight.

31 October 2013
7.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

Yeah, good idea! Get over here, Katie! Can't have all those Mars Bars to yourself now, can you? :)

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

31 October 2013
7.06pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said
Yeah, good idea! Get over here, Katie! Can't have all those Mars Bars to yourself now, can you? :)

There's Snickers and Bounty's as well, help yourself to the Bounty's they taste like poison

1 November 2013
12.41am
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 69

All rainy where I am tonight. We haven't got any trick-or-treaters, probably because of the fact that I live at the top of a big hill in a huge neighborhood that seems to be populated mostly by adults.

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

1 November 2013
1.56am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1390

Scoun said
All rainy where I am tonight. We haven't got any trick-or-treaters, probably because of the fact that I live at the top of a big hill in a huge neighborhood that seems to be populated mostly by adults.

The rain must have doused all the pumpkins so that they couldn't find the way up the hill to your place.

1 November 2013
4.49am
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said

Scoun said

The rain must have doused all the pumpkins so that they couldn't find the way up the hill to your place.

A path of lighted pumpkins. I like that visual.

1 November 2013
10.36am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

wetsroosa said

meanmistermustard said
Two of Us has John whistling at the end.
Doesnt Paul whistle in Dance Tonight, some naff solo or other?

John's whistled in several songs: "Jealous Guy," "I'm Your Angel" off Yoko's portion of Double Fantasy, the Anthology 2 outtake of "Your Bird Can Sing" with Paul…

From memory, he also whistles towards the end of Nobody Loves You (When You're Down And Out) off Walls and Bridges, and the tune is reminiscent of the whistle in Jealous Guy.

1 November 2013
1.39pm
Ahhh Girl

I know we have separate threads on the forum, but I like it when the threads become crossed and tangled in a knot. Someone will come along and slap a stay-on-topic into the conversation and get the threads unraveled again.

1 November 2013
3.31pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7161

Returning to the whistling John whistles in the version of Real Love on the Imagine soundtrack album and in the film, as well as in It's Real (John playing guitar and whistling what sounds like a variation of the whistling in the Real Love posted), released in the Lennon Anthology Box – a lovely tune it is.

John's Real Love in any guise is good.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
1 November 2013
4.54pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop

In honour of it being Movember, Every Monday I am going to be changing my profile picture to a different moustached/bearded George. My inability to grow a moustache in real life has lead me to doing it only on the online world, blast my lack of testosterone!

1 November 2013
9.47pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said
In honour of it being Movember, Every Monday I am going to be changing my profile picture to a different moustached/bearded George. My inability to grow a moustache in real life has lead me to doing it only on the online world, blast my lack of testosterone!

Ha ha – I was wondering what was up with the avatars :)

1 November 2013
9.50pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop

You'll be frightened by the end result, it ain't pretty

But my current avatar is George's first proper moustache :)

2 November 2013
4.22am
unknown
ay, qué pesado
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1215

AppleScruffJunior said

Wait, I thought you were a girl?

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
2 November 2013
9.06am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

^ She is, which is why she has (or should have) low levels of testosterone. If she were male, she'd have much higher levels (and, therefore, more facial hair).

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

2 November 2013
4.37pm
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2517

Sad news. The great Bobby Parker has passed at the age of 76. Deserves remembering by we Beatle people for his 1961 single Watch Your Step. Take a listen and see…

Ooo, John! Slap on wrists time…

Bobby Parker's gone, and I feel down… RIP Bobby, you shoulda been paid!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
2 November 2013
9.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop

Can somebody please tell my brother that this is a crap cover

2 November 2013
10.56pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7161
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Is that the guys real singing voice or is it just put on? Daft if it is as the whole thing sure ain't good -> in fact its utter crap. Playing loudly does not mean it becomes good music – it also doesn't hide it from being shit.a-hard-days-night-ringo-14
"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Annadog40
61 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Ahhh Girl

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7161

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3625

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2517

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1898

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1808

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2329

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3059

Newest Members: Kattatude, El Dorado, imtheTaxman, Ani, onlyanorthernsong

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3298), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3294), Joe (3201), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3201)