Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
28 October 2013
9.10pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4901sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Nice mix of national historical information and family history. I learned something.

Cheers.  On a Beatles-related note, my first school day trip away from the family was to Liverpool.  We were all mad Beatles fans, teachers included, so we did a tour of some of the fan spots (this was around 1967) – it was great to see many of the places that were usually just on the news.  I’ve been trying to track down my photos, I had the first use of the family’s old black & white, but no luck so far.

Oh, man, what a field trip. We always just went to the Pink Palace in Memphis. I did like the pencils with the little rocks in the clear tube near the eraser from the gift shop though.

When I taught school in Memphis, I don’t know how we got away with this one, but we took the students to a theme park with rides and shows, etc. called Opryland in Nashville.

28 October 2013
9.27pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

Ahhh Girl said

trcanberra said

Ahhh Girl said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Nice mix of national historical information and family history. I learned something.

Cheers.  On a Beatles-related note, my first school day trip away from the family was to Liverpool.  We were all mad Beatles fans, teachers included, so we did a tour of some of the fan spots (this was around 1967) – it was great to see many of the places that were usually just on the news.  I’ve been trying to track down my photos, I had the first use of the family’s old black & white, but no luck so far.

Oh, man, what a field trip. We always just went to the Pink Palace in Memphis. I did like the pencils with the little rocks in the clear tube near the eraser from the gift shop though.

When I taught school in Memphis, I don’t know how we got away with this one, but we took the students to a theme park with rides and shows, etc. called Opryland in Nashville.

Those sound like some awesome field trips. 

When I was in school they mostly took us New Orleans museums or the zoo or somewhere in Mobile,AL; however, in 4th grade the took us to the state capital to spend the whole day there which was cool. I had more fun in New Orleans though. a-hard-days-night-george-9 

I found your history, both family and national, very interesting trcanberra. Learning something new everyday. a-hard-days-night-george-10

28 October 2013
10.11pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4903sp_Permalink sp_Print

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 October 2013
10.41pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4904sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Oh God , I found another one…

http://www.adverts.ie/pottery-…..ue/2870053

paul-mccartney

Ewwwwww. John’s ashes are turning over – wherever they are.

28 October 2013
11.00pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4905sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
Good luck, em!

And now for something completely different…

In a different thread, fabfouremily mentioned her distaste for adverts on television. Recently, I had been thinking about how target marketing has followed me throughout my lifetime – I have always loved watching TV. When I was a kid watching Scooby-Doo cartoons (yes folks, the original series from 1969!) I remember commercials for sugary breakfast cereals and whatever “gotta-have-it” toys/games were being sold during that particular Christmas season. Later in my childhood/young adulthood came the adverts for acne creams, latest fashions, music, etc…. Now I’m watching shows that have commercials for the HurryCane, attorneys who want to sue on my behalf for bad hip replacements and remedies for erectile dysfunction. I am quite delighted to say that I require none of the above but God , I miss those sugary cereal commercials!

How about this one Zig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..2vBJt1iG60

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 October 2013
12.39am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
4906sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Oh God , I found another one…

http://www.adverts.ie/pottery-…..ue/2870053

paul-mccartney

I find that one a little less creepy than the George one. 

29 October 2013
12.43am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
4907sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Zig said
Good luck, em!

In a different thread, fabfouremily mentioned her distaste for adverts on television. Recently, I had been thinking about how target marketing has followed me throughout my lifetime – I have always loved watching TV. When I was a kid watching Scooby-Doo cartoons (yes folks, the original series from 1969!) I remember commercials for sugary breakfast cereals and whatever “gotta-have-it” toys/games were being sold during that particular Christmas season. Later in my childhood/young adulthood came the adverts for acne creams, latest fashions, music, etc…. Now I’m watching shows that have commercials for the HurryCane, attorneys who want to sue on my behalf for bad hip replacements and remedies for erectile dysfunction. I am quite delighted to say that I require none of the above but God , I miss those sugary cereal commercials!

How about this one Zig?

I am not afraid of clowns normally; however, that one scares me. paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

29 October 2013
1.51am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4908sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Zig said
Good luck, em!

How about this one Zig?

That’s tremendous. My wife is horrifically afraid of clowns, so if I tried to show this to her, she might divorce me, so I’ll leave it alone.

But since we’re on the subject of creepy clowns in commercials…

For the non-Americans, this clown is actually Willard Scott, a well known U.S. meteorologist.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

29 October 2013
12.07pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4909sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^This might turn into a phobia conversation like we had about bananas.

Changing topic:

Hold the presses. I think we have been going about this the wrong way. You know that old saying, “If you can’t beat them, join them?” We need to get meanmistermustard hired on as an Apple executive. If they don’t have any positions open, we need to convince the management team that mmm is very talented and that they should create a position just for him. We must convince them that they really, really NEED him.

29 October 2013
1.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

I never understood how anyone could be afraid of clowns. After looking at the vid posted by mmm, I totally get it.

Yikes.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

29 October 2013
3.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ahhh Girl said

Changing topic:

Hold the presses. I think we have been going about this the wrong way. You know that old saying, “If you can’t beat them, join them?” We need to get meanmistermustard hired on as an Apple executive. If they don’t have any positions open, we need to convince the management team that mmm is very talented and that they should create a position just for him. We must convince them that they really, really NEED him.

Are you talking about getting clowns into Apple to teach them things? There are plenty there already going by how they do things so we don’t want to give them ideas. Next up we will be getting exclusive official extra long Beatle clown shoes, joke flowers and noses that honk when pushed. Anyway i’m looking forward to paying $15 for a 2014 official Yellow Submarine Pencil Sharpener, really makes up for not hearing Carnival Of Light .

And you can’t say Apple aren’t finding new ways to make money, they have found a way to get fans to pay £7 for a bit of cardboard (see the On Air, Live At The BBC Vol. 2 thread).

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 October 2013
3.43pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4912sp_Permalink sp_Print

The talk of cereal commercials remind me of a spoof in one of my favorite movies, “Putney Swope” (directed by Robert Downey, Sr.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..LF1Erk1_rQ

If only all commercials could be so frank.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

29 October 2013
5.01pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4913sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good news everyone, I finally got…

All THINGS MUST PASS!!! (I’m  sorry about the black writing I don’t know how the hell I did that but anyways :) ) I went into the music shop today and I asked the lady behind the counter did they have All Things Must Pass and they did :D I got the last copy a-hard-days-night-john-1 Got it for 22 euro, (my AltGr button isn’t working) and was very happy :) Also got Kisses On The Bottom for 8 euro, Jools Holland’s Small World Big Band and Eric Clapton Live in ’86 DVD, I’m a happy camper!

29 October 2013
6.36pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4914sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Changing topic:

Are you talking about getting clowns into Apple to teach them things? There are plenty there already going by how they do things so we don’t want to give them ideas. Next up we will be getting exclusive official extra long Beatle clown shoes, joke flowers and noses that honk when pushed. Anyway i’m looking forward to paying $15 for a 2014 official Yellow Submarine Pencil Sharpener, really makes up for not hearing Carnival Of Light .

And you can’t say Apple aren’t finding new ways to make money, they have found a way to get fans to pay £7 for a bit of cardboard (see the On Air, Live At The BBC Vol. 2 thread).

See, you feed them all these ideas of yours that go along with the way they think (you have such great, funny ones) so that they start liking you a lot and find you invaluable. But, that’s just your cover story. Since you are a trusted, wonderful employee they give you the combination to the vault. You then raid the vault at night, make copies of all the precious material, and then slip them back into the vault before anyone misses them. Once you have your mission accomplished, you can wreak whatever havoc on them you wish.

29 October 2013
7.31pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4915sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said

Ahhh Girl said

Changing topic:

See, you feed them all these ideas of yours that go along with the way they think (you have such great, funny ones) so that they start liking you a lot and find you invaluable. But, that’s just your cover story. Since you are a trusted, wonderful employee they give you the combination to the vault. You then raid the vault at night, make copies of all the precious material, and then slip them back into the vault before anyone misses them. Once you have your mission accomplished, you can wreak whatever havoc on them you wish.

Meanmrmustard

>:)

29 October 2013
7.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4916sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Kenny Everett did that a number of years ago with a few acetates which were eventually bootlegged so it’s certainly possible.

Sadly i’d talk too much sense when speaking about projects, like a song promo’s dvd or a deluxe album boxsets with outtakes or, dare we go there, a Let It Be dvd (shhhhh!!) with sensible price points being charged, so i’d get fired. 

a-day-in-the-life-sad.jpgImage Enlarger

Going the other way might actually see them in production and being sold and i couldn’t live knowing such crap had actually been licensed.georgeharrison169.jpgImage Enlarger

29 October 2013
8.01pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4917sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Kenny Everett did that a number of years ago with a few acetates which were eventually bootlegged so it’s certainly possible.

Sadly i’d talk too much sense when speaking about projects, like a song promo’s dvd or a deluxe album boxsets with outtakes or, dare we go there, a Let It Be dvd (shhhhh!!) with sensible price points being charged, so i’d get fired. 

a-day-in-the-life-sad.jpgImage Enlarger

Going the other way might actually see them in production and being sold and i couldn’t live knowing such crap had actually been licensed.georgeharrison169.jpgImage Enlarger

Well, for mmm’s sanity and peace of mind, ASJ we do need all those talented family members of yours with their heavy equipment to help with Operation Apple Vault Storm.

29 October 2013
8.24pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4918sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Good news everyone, I finally got…
 All Things Must Pass !!!

Congrats on obtaining ATMP . I hope you love it as much as I do.ahdn_george_08

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

29 October 2013
9.41pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4919sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats on the ATMP acquistion, ASJ! I was listening to that on the way to work today.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

29 October 2013
10.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4920sp_Permalink sp_Print

Let us know you’re thoughts on ATMP , ASJ.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690