Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
25 October 2013
3.53pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4861sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe’s account of the history of the song contains much from the book.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/s…..ving-home/

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

25 October 2013
3.57pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4862sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scoun said
Hellooooo everyone. How are we all doing on this fine night? Day? Whenever?

Just relaxing for a bit now. Have studied for my Sociology exam for a bit and have visited my grandma, who will probably leave the hospital after the weekend. What else..oh yeah I had my eyes tested by an optician this morning and I need glasses. No contacts as I only need the glasses for reading and watching tv and stuff like that. My eyes weren’t that bad, +1 and +1.5 but I had to force my eyes too much in order to read properly. I couldn’t just buy a cheap pair of reading glasses, because I have a bit of a lazy eye and for that eye I need a cylinder. So yay, that’ll be quite the expensive joke. I don’t mind getting glasses, because I know how much it sucks to be unable to see clearly (I used to have glasses when I was a kid).

25 October 2013
4.26pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4863sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scoun said

Got a chicken roasting in the oven, working on the veg whilst blasting out Flaming Pie era tracks.

Good to hear your Gran could be out of hospital at the beginning of next week Linde.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 October 2013
5.00pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4864sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scoun said

Just finished a new Fab Files and now trying to get everything ready for the weekend so I don’ t get called saying this went wrong or that went wrong.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

25 October 2013
5.14pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4865sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think I might have to go to the opticians soon too because my eyes hurt when I finish school for the day (because of straining them to read and see the boards, I’m guessing). Don’t want to have to wear glasses again a-hard-days-night-john-2

Guess I’ll have to face up to it sooner or later or it’ll just get worse…

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 October 2013
10.46pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4866sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah Emily, I’ve got the exact same problem! At least with glasses the thing is you can take them off whenever you want and in my and probably your case as well, we don’t necessarily have to wear them outside of class/home. The only thing that bothers me is when there’s dust on the glass. Even as a toddler I took off my glasses every 10 minutes to clean the glass because it bothered me. 

Thanks Mja, didn’t even think of looking there!

25 October 2013
10.54pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4867sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah I wore glasses between the ages of 8-11 and they got on my nerves a lot… Simply opening the oven door to see if your food’s cooked was difficult cos all you got was steamed lenses! :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

25 October 2013
11.37pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4868sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I’ve had the specs since I was about 5 – a constant minor annoyance through life but they are part of me now.

It helped when John started wearing his – but not when I had to play football (the soccer kind) in the rain with them on.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

27 October 2013
4.19pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4869sp_Permalink sp_Print

Random question but does anyone know how to get a scone to rise? Have made them 4 times know, followed the recipes to the letter and they do nothing? Could dump in 56 tables of baking powder and i doubt anything would happen.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 October 2013
5.47pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4870sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve made them once or twice before and I can’t say mine have ever risen a lot. The only thing I can think of is if you’re kneading them for a bit too long, though I’m not sure even that would affect the growth that much. Do they have a slightly dense texture? Have you tried various recipes or just the one?

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 October 2013
6.04pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
4871sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mom and I made these and they seemed to come out o.k. I don’t know how to make them from scratch.

I have to tell this story. We were at a restaurant in London, and mom ordered a clotted cream tea. We were clueless about this whole “tea” thing. The waiter brought the tea. My mom asked, “Where’s the clotted cream?” The waiter said, “Your scones are coming.” My mom repeated the question about 3 times. The poor waiter got exasperated. Finally he brought out the scones. An elderly English gentleman walked by and said that he could tell what our confusion was. The cream doesn’t go in the tea. It goes on the scones. So he picked one up and said, “This is how you do it,” and buttered one for my mom. Everyone around us got a big laugh. USA country bumpkins come to town. So for Christmas that year, I got her a scone pan, scone mix, and a jar of clotted cream. We enjoyed them so much during Christmas break looking back on our first encounter with them in the restaurant.

27 October 2013
6.16pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4872sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s a sweet story, Aaah girl. Dunno why it said ‘clotted cream tea’ on the menu though. I mean I’m British and that to me suggests that the tea is cream-flavoured. That’s what that phrase implies, anyway.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 October 2013
6.49pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4873sp_Permalink sp_Print

The BBC just announced that Lou Reed has died.

I can’t think enough to say anything else at this time.

RIP, Lou!

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

27 October 2013
6.51pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4874sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
The BBC just announced that Lou Reed has died.

I can’t think enough to say anything else at this time.

RIP, Lou!

I’m sorry MJA. Never was a Lou Reed fan, but he has shaped a lot of the rock and roll that has come out in the last 40 years. For the uninitiated, listen to the Velvet Underground’s White Light/White Heat album and you’ll hear a lot of the stuff Lou came up with that has been ripped off constant times by many bands since.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

27 October 2013
6.57pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4875sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never really caught on to his music but he had a huge effect in music that shouldn’t be overlooked and its certainly a shock to see. Walk on the Wild Side is probably his best known song and it’s brilliant as is Perfect Day (which got brutalised for Children in Need a few years back). Crap news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..kwD261MHsc

27 October 2013
7.05pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4876sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just read it. Such sad news :( I didn’t know a lot of stuff by him but a friend of mine was a huge fan. He is devastated. Rest in peace, Lou.

@Ahh Girl I can totally see how that’s confusing. Sounds like fun though. Scones are so nice! When I was in London with my mom we didn’t have tea. We were planning too but we didn’t really know where to go and with our full schedules didn’t really have time anyway. 

So, my grandma is back at home again. Yesterday evening they phoned us and told us we could pick her up. Now they’re just going to run some tests and investigate and then we’ll see. We went to visit her today. Poor thing was all stressed because she didn’t have all the ingredients to make soup (we visit her every Sunday and she always cooks soup, which is the best) nor did she have any cookies. She kept apologizing for it, as if it was her fault. 

27 October 2013
7.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4877sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never seen the attraction of a Cream Tea as it seems that the cafe, restaurant, or whoever is selling them adds on an extra £1.50 just because of the name.  

Great news Linde about you’re Grandma. Very pleasing. Always horrible when a family member goes into hospital so to get them home again is always a great relief.

Scone-wise, maybe it is the kneading of the mixture. Doesn’t really matter as long as they are edible.

27 October 2013
7.22pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4878sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lou in 1990 at Liverpool’s Lennon Tribute gig, performing Jealous Guy and Mother .

27 October 2013
7.23pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4879sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ That’s good news :)

Another sad loss. I’m not a massive VU fan, but I do listen to their stuff from time to time. He’ll be greatly missed. Sorry it’s hit you so hard, mja heart

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 October 2013
8.41pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4880sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Random question but does anyone know how to get a scone to rise? Have made them 4 times know, followed the recipes to the letter and they do nothing? Could dump in 56 tables of baking powder and i doubt anything would happen.

You need to use that magic flour they have in all the ads on those old Beatle-related Ed Sullivan shows.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690