Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
20 October 2013
3.09am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Linde said
Thank you!

No problem, it’s over 2.15 am over here, I’m probably not that sharp anymore either.

Yay, at those books! They actually used to use that Groups that work book for one subject. I know that as my ”best friends” are a year above me and the book looks pretty familiar. That’s cool.

heart I’ve walked down that aisle many times without ever really noticing that section of books, but this time they jumped out at me having just had that conversation with you. We will just say that George and John were guiding my eyes to find those books just for you.

Funny Paper said

“Anyway, it’s an internship at Best Buddies, which is a project in which you do activities with lightly mentally disabled people.”

Before you get into your internship at BB (Best Buddies), Linde, you could practice on us here at BB (Beatles Bible); I think we’re all a bit lightly mentally disabled.blue-meanie

P.S.:  That term “sniffing internship” made me think instantly of this:

John-Lennon-sniffing-coke.jpg

Yes, yes. I volunteer to be a guinea pig in this little BB/BB experiment. Funny Paper deserves an apple for putting those together apple01. Consider my “informed consent” form signed.

How does John make something as silly as that look so sexy?

20 October 2013
7.01am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4762sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ That ‘coke’ sniffing has always made me laugh.  I recall I first saw the film at a Saturday matinee when I was a kid, since then it has garnered a ‘mature’ rating as the censors realised just what some of the gags actually meant.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

20 October 2013
9.36am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4763sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lost AGAIN on eBay, outbid on “The Concert for George” by 50p, DOES THE WORLD NOT WANT ME TO BE HAPPY!!!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

20 October 2013
10.02am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4764sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Lost AGAIN on eBay, outbid on “The Concert for George” by 50p, DOES THE WORLD NOT WANT ME TO BE HAPPY!!!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Ah my – it is very hard to be happy if you depend on ebay bidding.  I have won a couple, had 2 auctions cancelled by the seller, lost about 6.  I much prefer ‘buy it now’ when available and just put the rest down as a random event which might go any way.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

20 October 2013
2.09pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
4765sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have an empty house that is so quiet. No tv going, no radio, no music, only the sound of a clock and the laptop fan can be heard. It is absolute bliss. Really should be going out to get some stuff done but it’s proving hard to peel myself off the sofa. Could lie here for hours.heartheartheartheart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 October 2013
2.35pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4766sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I have an empty house that is so quiet. No tv going, no radio, no music, only the sound of a clock and the laptop fan can be heard. It is absolute bliss. Really should be going out to get some stuff done but it’s proving hard to peel myself off the sofa. Could lie here for hours.heartheartheartheart

They say John Lennon did a lot of laying around on sofas during one phase of his life. He would approve of a few hours of relaxation for you.

20 October 2013
2.56pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4767sp_Permalink sp_Print

Awww some person on eBay sells Beatles records designed for a dollhouse d’awwww

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

20 October 2013
3.30pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4768sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Awww some person on eBay sells Beatles records designed for a dollhouse d’awwww

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

These could go with the Paul doll Graham Norton had on his show.

This post is the One After 909 for me.

20 October 2013
4.07pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4769sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

I would think it’d be cheaper to get it from Amazon Marketplace.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

20 October 2013
4.24pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4770sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

AppleScruffJunior said

I would think it’d be cheaper to get it from Amazon Marketplace.

parlance

Amazon.co.uk is sold out for the next 1-2 months and every other seller is only selling Region 1 DVDs…bah humbug

20 October 2013
4.44pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4771sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Linde Recently, my friends have been letting me down a lot. The one, I don’t go to school with her anymore so I don’t see her on a daily basis and it’s only ever me that calls her to see how she’s doing. Anyway, I decided to do a little ”experiment”: I didn’t call her for weeks. Then, out the blue last night, I’d just got into my onesie and was sitting down with a cuppa and she and another friend turn up and want to see if I wanted to go out. Reluctantly, I went. I tried to be polite and not say anything but then I thought ”no, I have to say what I feel”, so I confronted her. I’m still a little hurt and it’s by no means forgotten, but I got it cleared up with her. If you can work this out with your friend(s) then I think that’s best, but if not, you don’t need them. Life’s too short. I’ve given up on other ”friends” in the past, and I don’t regrett it now. Hope you can get it sorted apple01 Oh and I know we got this thread back to a happier place, but just to say thanks for your words. Money was another reason my mom wouldn’t leave my dad, but he’s decided he’s too good to work now, so at least that means she can’t use that as an excuse (not that that’s much consolation). I remember how I used to feel about her only staying with him because of that, though.

Oh and about having the house to yourself, once I got back last night I had a shower, got back into my onesie, made another cuppa, sat down and watched Paul on telly, and then just sat there with the candles and silence until two o’clock. Absolute bliss. I think I’d like living on my own quite a lot.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 October 2013
4.56pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Linde, congrats on the internship! apple01

Emily, I’ve been there a few times with friends and “friends.” Life’s definitely too short to hang on to ones who offer more stress than friendship.  But good for you talking things out with the one person. heart

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

20 October 2013
5.01pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4773sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks. It was hard as she told me a few things that have happened to her recently which made me feel a bit bad saying anything, but I haven’t had the best time recently either and she knows about all that. So she could have just dropped me a message or something to make sure everything was fine. Sorted now though, and we can move forward. apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 October 2013
5.05pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4774sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aw those dollhouse albums are the cutest things ever! 

Yeah, I have the same problem. When they passed their finals and I didn’t, they went to the same school together and saw each other a lot and in the beginning I saw them multiple days a week, but that decreased. Then, a few months ago, I started feeling like the fifth wheel on the wagon you know, and I felt as if they didn’t like me anymore. I then had a talk with them, and I explained I didn’t really feel content with myself and how I felt like the fifth wheel, and they just said I was imagining things. But then it burst, and I had another talk. One of them said I could come across as real bitchy, and I know I’m not, if anything, I’m a softy. She is a real bitch sometimes though. And she told me I was shady for not telling her things, and I explained to her that I never dared to, because she can be very intimidating and manipulative. Then we decided this whole was very stupid, because we’re best friends, so we just hugged and agreed to tell each other everything and to treat each other like best friends again. And that worked for a while.

But now it’s just that we’re all very busy. She has school and an internship, the other best friend just has work, because she didn’t pass her first year she decided to take a gap year and find a job, and I have school, work, my internship, other friends, and they just don’t understand that. And I feel as if I’m losing everyone one by one. I hardly ever see my friends. 

Yeah it’s wonderful. My parents were gone last night too, and I had my brother and sister to pay attention to, but my sister went to bed early because she was tired of work, and my brother soon went too. So I just sat there with the telly on and my laptop, in a huge jumper and sweatpants, watching something about music. Cup of tea, slice of chocolate cake my mom baked. All good. I don’t know if I’d like to live on my OWN though. I think it’d be scary. I had plans to live together with one of my best friends, but that didn’t really work out. I AM considering moving to the city of my college though.

20 October 2013
5.13pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4775sp_Permalink sp_Print

I guess paying bills and all that kind of thing might be a bit worrying but as long as someone else dealt with that I think I’d love it. I spent a lot of time with my grandad this summer but he was hardly ever there so I felt like I was on my own, and it was great. I could do what I wanted when I wanted, play my music, watch what I wanted on tv, or turn it off (the tv is almost always on here and I hate it), eat what I wanted, etc. Perfect. Those days were probably the happiest I’ve ever been.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 October 2013
5.17pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4776sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bloody hell guys are we all living the same life?

One of my ‘friends’ who I have been hanging around with since I first started secondary school (three years ago) has decided to leave our group and go off with another group of people. This would generally be fine by me (live and let live and all that) but the fact that she is hanging around with the girl that she bitched about all summer, really annoys me. I hate complaining about anyone or bitching about anyone because I had a lot of the crap thrown at me when I was 12-14 so I don’t bother being mean to anyone anymore as it can really wreck somebody’s life. My ‘friend’ was lovely up until the night I ended my state exams this year and she went out and got pissed, she was literally off her head. She told me about ‘how great it was’ blah blah blah blah blah as if I haven’t had a drink before a-hard-days-night-john-7 The night we got our results, she went out again ended up passing out after drinking 3 naggins of vodka and 4 cans of God knows what and didn’t even get into the disco, she was that out of it. I wasn’t there but she blanked out that entire night and only remembers getting on the bus to the disco, falling on the ground and nothing else. About 2 weeks ago at school, she just stopped meeting up with us at break time and lunch and was hanging around with other people and basically ignoring me and my other friends (which is an annoying thing to do, what have I done to you? Why are you ignoring me?).

One lunch when her group and gone out and she was staying in school for lunch, she went over to the table where me and my other 3 friends always sit, I looked at her and simply said “Deciding to talk to us now, eh?” and she walked off with her nose in the air. Now she’s constantly bragging about her going to New York for Halloween break and everyday tells me she’s going to go to the Dakota (as if I give a flying ****). We also had a tradition, where we’d all go to my house then go out trick or treating, now she told me she’s going out with her “other friends”, right so you can piss off then.

Oh yes and I just remembered, there is one girl called Shauna who is really lovely and really sweet and nice but she’s very quiet. Whe

20 October 2013
5.32pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
4777sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
I guess paying bills and all that kind of thing might be a bit worrying but as long as someone else dealt with that I think I’d love it. I spent a lot of time with my grandad this summer but he was hardly ever there so I felt like I was on my own, and it was great. I could do what I wanted when I wanted, play my music, watch what I wanted on tv, or turn it off (the tv is almost always on here and I hate it), eat what I wanted, etc. Perfect. Those days were probably the happiest I’ve ever been.

I’ve been living on my own for… well, never mind how many years ;-D But I love it. Sometimes it’d be nice to have a roommate to help with the rent, but it’s not really worth it for me. A friend and I were talking about how we don’t know what we’d do if we ever got boyfriends because we love being accountable only to ourselves too much.

parlance

20 October 2013
5.53pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4778sp_Permalink sp_Print

ahdn_george_05 Just saw somebody selling a 2005 Beatles calendar for €15… *sigh*

20 October 2013
6.15pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4779sp_Permalink sp_Print

What? 15 quid for a calendar you can’t even use? ahdn_paul_02

(Passover - I. Curtis)

20 October 2013
6.17pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4780sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yep, the world is in safe hands

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690