The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 234 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
15 October 2013
1.32am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10713
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
15 October 2013
1.43am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17114
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
4674sp_Permalink

The badger cull is not going very well; targets are being missed for how many should be dead which has resulted in the MP in charge blaming the badgers. 

I know it's not a humourous story animals being killed but if you want to have a laugh at the stupidity of man and it being outwitted by a badger. 

Second, he admitted that shooting nocturnal badgers as they ran around in the dark was actually pretty hard, meaning that his marksmen had not been able to kill enough to ensure the cull’s effectiveness.

All power to the badgers. 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
15 October 2013
4.06am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5526
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4675sp_Permalink

fabfouremily said
Auctioning on ebay is so stressful, I just go straight to the buy-it-now icon. Makes it more expensive but I can't be doing with it. blue-meanie

I agree - I saw a "Pipes Of Peace" I wanted to bid on and put an entry in my diary to remind me.  But then on the day I got caught up watching "Anthology" and forgot about it until the last few minutes.  Then my Mum rang from interstate and while I was chatting to her the time expired.  Luckily another CD came up the next day and it wasn't too much more than I was going to bid so I snapped it up.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
15 October 2013
6.42pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17114
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Ahhh Girl said

meanmistermustard said
How could anyone shoot a squirrel, they are so cute? Currently there is a badger cull ongoing in a part of the UK, i am not in favour.

This is a fun story so I'll tell it here. We didn't set out to get a hunting breed dog. This little black lab was running the neighborhood. He would go to my mother-in-law's house and turn on the charm. He took to sleeping in the dog house on our porch. Our elderly dog had become an indoor dog so he wasn't using the dog house. We had a big discussion and decided to take the lab in to be our own. Subsequently, we found out who his first "owner" in the neighborhood was. Everyone says the little guy is a lot better off with us than with that other family.

Good to hear that the dog is with a better family. Says a lot that the dog left his previous owner to stay with yous as dogs are generally very loyal.

We have a cat that is 17 years old; it was a stray that was dreadfully thin and covered in fleas when it followed my sister home. We took it in, locked it in a room, gave it food, got it defleaed, and its been with us ever since, it's never grown since we had first got it. The daft animal still would rather sleep in a plastic bag than on a cushion next to the radiator.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard
34 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17114

Ahhh Girl: 10713

Annadog40: 9675

Zig: 7531

parlance: 7092