The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 233 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
12 October 2013
5.44am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3231

trcanberra said

mja6758 said
Ahhh Girl, that's going to throw people a bit! I almost posted someone already had your avatar!

Heh - same.  It's funny how we start to recognise people from their avatars.

And she was over in another thread announcing the change while I was posting here. I'd been looking through posts to find one I knew was definitely by the poster formerly known as cbatcu!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
12 October 2013
6.37am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5635

mja6758 said

trcanberra said

mja6758 said
Ahhh Girl, that's going to throw people a bit! I almost posted someone already had your avatar!

Heh - same.  It's funny how we start to recognise people from their avatars.

And she was over in another thread announcing the change while I was posting here. I'd been looking through posts to find one I knew was definitely by the poster formerly known as cbatcu!

I hope I don't get too many rotten apples thrown at me over the change.

12 October 2013
5.43pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10554

From here

A rose by any other name....

Do you recognise the quote above? It's from Romeo and Juliet and the full quote is:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."

Basically, what it means is that what matters is what something is, not what it is called.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
12 October 2013
5.52pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1905

:) On a random note: Anybody wanna learn/teach Japanese with/to me?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
12 October 2013
6.00pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said
From here

A rose by any other name....

Do you recognise the quote above? It's from Romeo and Juliet and the full quote is:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."

Basically, what it means is that what matters is what something is, not what it is called.

Thanks, MMM. That's very kind of youa-hard-days-night-george-9

12 October 2013
9.59pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

Something about The Beatles and Donovan is going to be on Irish telly tonight...curious as to what it is, probably Dublin Beatles Festival 2013 (which I can't go to, fecking school :( )

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
12 October 2013
10.43pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1774

AppleScruffJunior said
Something about The Beatles and Donovan is going to be on Irish telly tonight...curious as to what it is, probably Dublin Beatles Festival 2013 (which I can't go to, fecking school :( )

Want to be adopted? - sounds like something I'd let my kids have a day off for :)

12 October 2013
10.48pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop

trcanberra said

AppleScruffJunior said

Want to be adopted? - sounds like something I'd let my kids have a day off for :)

We shall start a mini-Beatles army mwahahahah :P I'd have to get the train to Dublin (about 3 hours) try and find my way around Dublin (there's 5 different venues stretched out over the city) and I'd be paying €45 for all the events that I want to see on Saturday (precious money saved for possible future Paul concert) I would have loved to have gone though, could have met The Original Quarrymen :(

Interesting fact: I haven't missed a day of school in 6 years, I'm that much of a dork and that would be a day gone when I should have been studying, if it was a week earlier during midterm I might have been allowed to go a-hard-days-night-paul-11

12 October 2013
11.01pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

^ Ah nice one, and nothing wrong with that, I actually liked most of my subjects and rarely had a day off - though I hope you are able to make an exception if Paul DOES show up :)

13 October 2013
1.16am
Ahhh Girl

You will go far, ASJ. I'd hire someone with that much dedication.

I only missed one class in college. I had 3 back-to-back 1.5 hour classes beginning at 8 am. I went to the first one, went to my dorm room and slept through the 2nd one, and woke up in time to make it to the 3rd one.

13 October 2013
1.19am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

Ahhh Girl said
You will go far, ASJ. I'd hire someone with that much dedication.

I only missed one class in college. I had 3 back-to-back 1.5 hour classes beginning at 8 am. I went to the first one, went to my dorm room and slept through the 2nd one, and woke up in time to make it to the 3rd one.

Such dedication.  My first attempt at Uni was a medical course; I spent the first semester hanging out in the student union pool room and failed 4/7 subjects, I managed to pass 3 without attending any of the classes.  I then went to live in the UK for a while before returning to Australia and 'settling down'.

I REALLY should have taken a 'gap year' after high school :)

13 October 2013
2.18am
Ahhh Girl

Here are a few user names that someone could use:

Newspaper Taxi Driver
Octopus's Gardener
Rocking Horse 1
Cellophane Flower (a good flower child name)
Starr Gazer
Penny Lane Barber
John's Monkey
MMT Official Guide

13 October 2013
2.49pm
meanmistermustard

Have been given a gorgeous winter coat (a guy can call a coat gorgeous can't he!) nigh-on exactly like the one Paul wears in the For You Blue promo when heading into the Apple studios in '69. It weighs a ton and will be perfect for the Scottish winter which is drawing in fast. Have always wanted one because Paul looks so fabulous in it.

Also have switched from IE to Chrome as it keeps bloody crashing.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
13 October 2013
4.22pm
meanmistermustard

444.gif

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I think this is fabulous.

And a wee show of how life goes by in Glasgow.

feature=player_embedded

13 October 2013
4.54pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3231

meanmistermustard said
Also have switched from IE to Chrome as it keeps bloody crashing.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Never used IE myself but I did have a similar thing. I switched from Chrome to Firefox as it kept bloody crashing! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
13 October 2013
5.17pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said
444.gif

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I think this is fabulous.

That's cool.

13 October 2013
6.09pm
meanmistermustard

mja6758 said

meanmistermustard said

Never used IE myself but I did have a similar thing. I switched from Chrome to Firefox as it kept bloody crashing! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Chrome has been warned that if it messes about by crashing or any other shenanigans then it will be dropped quicker than a boyband who have a single that doesn't reach the UK top 20. a-hard-days-night-john-1

13 October 2013
7.24pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 697

My cat came home!

6 days gone and my girls and I did the whole thing:  Lost Pet posters, ground searches, checking the strays at the pound, following leads from phone calls...

And the little bastard was meowing at my patio door at 4:15 AM.

Keep in mind that he's a 10-year-old black cat, and it's closing in on Halloween.  I never expected to see him again, but Apple Jack is back with his people, and no longer allowed outside.

E is for 'Ergent'.
13 October 2013
7.30pm
Ahhh Girl

^^Wonderful new, SatanHimself! Here's a picture to celebrate the occasion:

On a side note, Paul has that same open mouth like he is going to take a bite just like in the picture of him and Linda and him and the Queen (pictures are on the LOL tread)

13 October 2013
7.36pm
meanmistermustard

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeay.apple01 If Apple Jack is an outdoor cat he will go barmy indoors, i would suggest keeping him in for a day or so and then let it outside. You don't know why he disappeared after all. But that's just me and i don't know where you live or the cat.

We have a 2 year 3 month old cat who disappears for 2 days at a time but always turns up wanting fed. The first couple of times we were concerned but now it's no big deal. Probably away killing a cow or devouring a horse for his tea.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: MrMoonlight, Beatleva, Sugarplum fairy, Lucy in the Sky
55 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10554

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5635

parlance: 5597

Annadog40: 4863