Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
12 October 2013
5.52pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4641sp_Permalink sp_Print

Image Enlarger

:) On a random note: Anybody wanna learn/teach Japanese with/to me?

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

12 October 2013
6.00pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4642sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
From here

A rose by any other name….

Do you recognise the quote above? It’s from Romeo and Juliet and the full quote is:

“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.”

Basically, what it means is that what matters is what something is, not what it is called.

Thanks, MMM. That’s very kind of youa-hard-days-night-george-9

12 October 2013
9.59pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

Something about The Beatles and Donovan is going to be on Irish telly tonight…curious as to what it is, probably Dublin Beatles Festival 2013 (which I can’t go to, fecking school :( )

12 October 2013
10.43pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4644sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Something about The Beatles and Donovan is going to be on Irish telly tonight…curious as to what it is, probably Dublin Beatles Festival 2013 (which I can’t go to, fecking school :( )

Want to be adopted? – sounds like something I’d let my kids have a day off for :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

12 October 2013
10.48pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4645sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

AppleScruffJunior said

Want to be adopted? – sounds like something I’d let my kids have a day off for :)

We shall start a mini-Beatles army mwahahahah :P I’d have to get the train to Dublin (about 3 hours) try and find my way around Dublin (there’s 5 different venues stretched out over the city) and I’d be paying €45 for all the events that I want to see on Saturday (precious money saved for possible future Paul concert) I would have loved to have gone though, could have met The Original Quarrymen :(

Interesting fact: I haven’t missed a day of school in 6 years, I’m that much of a dork and that would be a day gone when I should have been studying, if it was a week earlier during midterm I might have been allowed to go a-hard-days-night-paul-11

12 October 2013
11.01pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4646sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Ah nice one, and nothing wrong with that, I actually liked most of my subjects and rarely had a day off – though I hope you are able to make an exception if Paul DOES show up :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

13 October 2013
1.16am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4647sp_Permalink sp_Print

You will go far, ASJ. I’d hire someone with that much dedication.

I only missed one class in college. I had 3 back-to-back 1.5 hour classes beginning at 8 am. I went to the first one, went to my dorm room and slept through the 2nd one, and woke up in time to make it to the 3rd one.

13 October 2013
1.19am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4648sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
You will go far, ASJ. I’d hire someone with that much dedication.

I only missed one class in college. I had 3 back-to-back 1.5 hour classes beginning at 8 am. I went to the first one, went to my dorm room and slept through the 2nd one, and woke up in time to make it to the 3rd one.

Such dedication.  My first attempt at Uni was a medical course; I spent the first semester hanging out in the student union pool room and failed 4/7 subjects, I managed to pass 3 without attending any of the classes.  I then went to live in the UK for a while before returning to Australia and ‘settling down’.

I REALLY should have taken a ‘gap year’ after high school :)

13 October 2013
2.18am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4649sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here are a few user names that someone could use:

Newspaper Taxi Driver
Octopus’s Gardener
Rocking Horse 1
Cellophane Flower (a good flower child name)
Starr Gazer
Penny Lane Barber
John’s Monkey
MMT Official Guide

13 October 2013
2.49pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

Have been given a gorgeous winter coat (a guy can call a coat gorgeous can’t he!) nigh-on exactly like the one Paul wears in the For You Blue promo when heading into the Apple studios in ’69. It weighs a ton and will be perfect for the Scottish winter which is drawing in fast. Have always wanted one because Paul looks so fabulous in it.

Also have switched from IE to Chrome as it keeps bloody crashing.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 October 2013
4.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

444.gifImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I think this is fabulous.

And a wee show of how life goes by in Glasgow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..r_embedded

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

13 October 2013
4.54pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4652sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Also have switched from IE to Chrome as it keeps bloody crashing.a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Never used IE myself but I did have a similar thing. I switched from Chrome to Firefox as it kept bloody crashing! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

13 October 2013
5.17pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4653sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
444.gifImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I think this is fabulous.

That’s cool.

13 October 2013
6.09pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4654sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

meanmistermustard said

Never used IE myself but I did have a similar thing. I switched from Chrome to Firefox as it kept bloody crashing! a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Chrome has been warned that if it messes about by crashing or any other shenanigans then it will be dropped quicker than a boyband who have a single that doesn’t reach the UK top 20. a-hard-days-night-john-1

13 October 2013
7.24pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 666
4655sp_Permalink sp_Print

My cat came home!

6 days gone and my girls and I did the whole thing:  Lost Pet posters, ground searches, checking the strays at the pound, following leads from phone calls…

And the little bastard was meowing at my patio door at 4:15 AM.

Keep in mind that he’s a 10-year-old black cat, and it’s closing in on Halloween.  I never expected to see him again, but Apple Jack is back with his people, and no longer allowed outside.

E is for 'Ergent'.

13 October 2013
7.30pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

^^Wonderful new, SatanHimself! Here’s a picture to celebrate the occasion:

Image Enlarger

On a side note, Paul has that same open mouth like he is going to take a bite just like in the picture of him and Linda and him and the Queen (pictures are on the LOL tread)

13 October 2013
7.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeay.apple01 If Apple Jack is an outdoor cat he will go barmy indoors, i would suggest keeping him in for a day or so and then let it outside. You don’t know why he disappeared after all. But that’s just me and i don’t know where you live or the cat.

We have a 2 year 3 month old cat who disappears for 2 days at a time but always turns up wanting fed. The first couple of times we were concerned but now it’s no big deal. Probably away killing a cow or devouring a horse for his tea.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Starr Shine?

13 October 2013
7.54pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
4658sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeay.apple01 If Apple Jack is an outdoor cat he will go barmy indoors, i would suggest keeping him in for a day or so and then let it outside. You don’t know why he disappeared after all. But that’s just me and i don’t know where you live or the cat.

Glad the cat came back, SH. I agree with MMM, if feasible, maybe in October you could keep the cat inside due to the potential for theft.

I keep strictly indoor cats, it’s just too much stress otherwise.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

13 October 2013
9.05pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4659sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hate Firefox, I always use Chrome.

Something odd happened to me on Friday. First I went to a clothing store. The woman who helped us was named Linda. I knew her because she was the mother of a guy who I used to be in a class with. Nothing odd about that. Then I went to another store. The cashier’s name was also Linda. Then an hour later, I had to go to work myself. A little girl and her mom came to my cash register and the girl said: ”Hey your name is Linde. If you’d replace the E with an A your name would be Linda!” I asked her ”Why? Is your or your mom’s name Linda?” and she just replied with ”no it’s not”

What’s with that name? So weird.

13 October 2013
9.37pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 666
4660sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
^^Wonderful new, SatanHimself! Here’s a picture to celebrate the occasion:

Image Enlarger

On a side note, Paul has that same open mouth like he is going to take a bite just like in the picture of him and Linda and him and the Queen (pictures are on the LOL tread)

What a great pic…

My cat is a bit of a free spirit, and I live in the suburbs close to busy traffic areas.  He has had some wanderlust lately, but he needs to be kept inside for his own safety.  Here in the lowest (hence the most temperate parts) of Canada, our Summer is still in full force in mid-October, so I have to be extra vigilante about his outdoor habits.  We’re normally dealing with overnight snow and frost this time of year.  The high today was 22 degrees Celsius, or 74 degrees Fahrenheit.  That is NOT anything remotely near what it should be…

E is for 'Ergent'.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timothy, Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694