Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
10 October 2013
10.54pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

AppleScruffJunior said

cbatcu said
AppleScruffJunior, have you had a chance to get any books through that interlibrary loan program?

How is your history project going?

Wooops sorry didn’t see your post there :/

History project is going well, Jack Jones book is gold, worth every penny :) Got a battered 2nd hand copy for €5 compared to €13 for a new one. The book has a strange smell that gives me a headache every time I flick the pages though a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Surely that’s a first world problem there

That’s ok. Glad you are coming along on your project. This guy is counting on you to finish.john-lennon-hd_151881-1920x1080.jpgImage Enlarger

10 October 2013
11.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
4622sp_Permalink sp_Print

Should we arrange a cheerleading squad for Cbatcu as the finishing line comes into sight, i’m sure a few folks here could draw up a cheer?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 October 2013
1.23am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4623sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Should we arrange a cheerleading squad for Cbatcu as the finishing line comes into sight, i’m sure a few folks here could draw up a cheer?

Sounds like a plan – someone send me a ticket and I will lead it in person – and try and resurrect my green card application :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

11 October 2013
1.58am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4624sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Sounds like a plan – someone send me a ticket and I will lead it in person – and try and resurrect my green card application :)

Thanks for getting me unstuck. This is just the motivation I needed apple01apple01apple01. I haven’t worked on it in 3 days. I’m going to get off here now and get some more done. Dang it when work gets in the way of having fun with Beatles friends.

11 October 2013
2.03am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

cbatcu said

trcanberra said

meanmistermustard said

Remember the repercussions of not completing this on time as stipulated by a number of folks here (except the puppy, the puppy will not be harmed)a-hard-days-night-john-5? I’d get cracking if I were you. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

Thanks for getting me unstuck. This is just the motivation I needed apple01apple01apple01. I haven’t worked on it in 3 days. I’m going to get off here now and get some more done. Dang it when work gets in the way of having fun with Beatles friends.

What the hell, why has that jumped? I know how its there but I didn’t put it there.blue-meanieblue-meanie I think I need a new internet.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

11 October 2013
2.36am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4626sp_Permalink sp_Print

Another section knocked out!!! And, I remembered something extra to add that I had totally forgotten about. One more brownie point.

I only have 2 parts of one section left: writing up highlights of my cataloging and acquisitions work for the review period.
Barring any unforeseen emergencies, I am going to apply myself very hard tomorrow and get it turned in early.

11 October 2013
2.52am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4627sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
Another section knocked out!!! And, I remembered something extra to add that I had totally forgotten about. One more brownie point.

I only have 2 parts of one section left: writing up highlights of my cataloging and acquisitions work for the review period.
Barring any unforeseen emergencies, I am going to apply myself very hard tomorrow and get it turned in early.

Well done! You’re getting there! Yay!

And don’t worry, the puppy is safe – mmm is right about that. How could we spur you on by threatening the life of a cute puppy?

Not that you should feel you can ease up now you’re in the home stretch…

cute-puppy4.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1332779661309Image Enlarger

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 October 2013
6.22am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080

“The book has a strange smell that gives me a headache every time I flick the pages though”

I used to be plagued with a curious sinus problem that caused me “eyeaches” but only behind one eye (not exactly a migraine per se).  And one thing that made it worse was reading musty old books which, unfortunately but also fortunately, I loved to find at the library to read.  I still read them, but no longer get the sinus problems.  Does that rule out the books as a cause? That would be logical, Captain.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

11 October 2013
10.58pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

I’M FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My copy cataloger just laid her hands on it and prayed to the gods of academia in their ivory towers for it to be accepted by all the levels of bureaucracy through which it will pass. And she did it in the name of Aristotle and Socrates. Surely it has to pass inspection now.

THANK YOU ALL!!!! I hope you know how much your support has meant to me throughout this process.heartx 1000

My brain is fried. I am going to relax and play this weekend.

To be on the internet safe side, I covered up my name in the picture.

Image Enlarger

11 October 2013
11.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4630sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations and a massive well done on getting it done. You not only to listen to the new Macca album next week but you have the whole weekend to enjoy relaxing and not thinking of getting the work done.

Let us know the result of your submission.apple01apple01apple01apple01

11 October 2013
11.16pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4631sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congrats, the puppy’s life has been spared and he now gets to grow up on a lovely farm with a caring family who dote over him :)
Am planning to have the first draft of history project done on Sunday, along with a business project about Linda McCartney Foods.

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

11 October 2013
11.26pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4632sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay, cbatcu! Hope it all goes well!

ASJnr, you might have noticed that mmm and myself took your puppy off the table. We decided your puppy would not be harmed.

Good to hear you’re getting on well with your projects, how long till deadline?

Remember…

cute-puppy4.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1332779661309Image Enlarger

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

11 October 2013
11.31pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4633sp_Permalink sp_Print

Great news C B :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

12 October 2013
12.04am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

“No animals were harmed in the writing of this essay.”

AppleScruffJunior said
Congrats, the puppy’s life has been spared and he now gets to grow up on a lovely farm with a caring family who dote over him :)
Am planning to have the first draft of history project done on Sunday, along with a business project about Linda McCartney Foods.

Are you wishing for some incentives too? We (the people of this site) could make it into a business where we send found the heavies who take your Beatle collection if you fail to complete the work and then we split it equally between us all. We could also expand into the protection of puppies and all other animals.

12 October 2013
2.07am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

meanmistermustard said
“No animals were harmed in the writing of this essay.”

AppleScruffJunior said

Are you wishing for some incentives too? We (the people of this site) could make it into a business where we send found the heavies who take your Beatle collection if you fail to complete the work and then we split it equally between us all. We could also expand into the protection of puppies and all other animals.

You can do it AppleScruffJunior! If you don’t, you can’t help us build the Beatles museum. You won’t even be able to visit…ever. This is not a good thing because we need you to donate your Apple Scruff gear. Please finish. We need you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhIwoau87mYGDyPbnRMuIWCOZEAYw7veyRJrZKePG7lOWYcqHBImage Enlarger

And she is counting on you too.

12 October 2013
5.15am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4636sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl, that’s going to throw people a bit! I almost posted someone already had your avatar!

12 October 2013
5.29am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4637sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Ahhh Girl, that’s going to throw people a bit! I almost posted someone already had your avatar!

Heh – same.  It’s funny how we start to recognise people from their avatars.

12 October 2013
5.44am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4638sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

mja6758 said

And she was over in another thread announcing the change while I was posting here. I’d been looking through posts to find one I knew was definitely by the poster formerly known as cbatcu!

12 October 2013
6.37am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

mja6758 said

trcanberra said

mja6758 said

And she was over in another thread announcing the change while I was posting here. I’d been looking through posts to find one I knew was definitely by the poster formerly known as cbatcu!

I hope I don’t get too many rotten apples thrown at me over the change.

12 October 2013
5.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4640sp_Permalink sp_Print

From here

A rose by any other name….

Do you recognise the quote above? It’s from Romeo and Juliet and the full quote is:

“What’s in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.”

Basically, what it means is that what matters is what something is, not what it is called.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694