Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
30 September 2013
11.43pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4541sp_Permalink sp_Print

Peter Pan for me! Also love The Fox and the Hound, Alice in Wonderland and The Lion King :)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

30 September 2013
11.52pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4542sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Was in Glasgow over the weekend and as always I look in the Beatles and solo sections when in the music stores. Dumbfounded to find that whilst the Beatles remasters go for £9 each, Johns are £16. Double Fantasy Stripped was £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes – same down here.  The Beatles ones are around A$20 and John’s are A$25, with “Sometime in New York City” at A$30.  Paul’s remastered CDs are around the A$15-A$20 mark.  You can get the 2 CD / 1 DVD “Band On The Run ” for the same price as the “Sometime”!!  I have no idea why the Lennon ones cost more.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 October 2013
12.03am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4543sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ Hard to find Beatles solo music in Ireland but in Germany:
Beatles-€10
John-€16
Paul-€17
George-€18
Ringo-€16-19 (hard to find)
I don’t have that kind of money to spend on a one disc album! I bought 2009 remastered White Album for €17 same price as Ram !

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

1 October 2013
12.11am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4544sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ Hard to find Beatles solo music in Ireland but in Germany:
Beatles-€10
John-€16
Paul-€17
George-€18
Ringo-€16-19 (hard to find)
I don’t have that kind of money to spend on a one disc album! I bought 2009 remastered White Album for €17 same price as Ram !

Yes, that’s just crazy isn’t it?

I’m glad folks here convinced me to give ebay another try after some dodgy experiences I had years ago.  I got “Run Devil Run ” from the Channel Islands for around 3 euros with free postage to Oz – it got here in perfect condition after only a week or so (it is 2nd-hand but in great condition).

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

1 October 2013
1.12am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22223

I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn’t have asked a few questions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies wouldn’t have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

1 October 2013
1.22am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4546sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn’t have asked a few quetions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies would’t have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

I enjoyed rule number 9.

1 October 2013
1.41am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
4547sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky090909 said
I love Disney films, just not the channel (anymore). I just bought a bunch of Disney movies recently from their movie club and some from the Disney Movie Rewards. I should be getting The Little Mermaid tomorrow or Tuesday in the mail.

So, what everyone’s favorite Disney film?  

TOY STORY. All three of the Toy Story movies are really fantastic, and they’re also probably the funniest movies ever. Every time I watch them they just get better.

I don’t understand how anybody could like The Fox and the Hound, though. I watched that once when I was like seven, and it was terrible. Most movies have happy endings, but that ending is not even almost happy. I cried for hours after seeing that, and I think I might have been emotionally scarred from it.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

1 October 2013
1.42am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4548sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn’t have asked a few quetions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies would’t have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

There are forum rules? In all my time here I’ve never read them or knew they existed. Caught up now.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 October 2013
1.54am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

trcanberra said

cbatcu said
I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn’t have asked a few questions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies wouldn’t have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

I enjoyed rule number 9.

Yes, rule 9 in the first post in the thread is awesome.

There are 21 topics and 290 posts in that section. I guess I’m thinking that it could be condensed to a FAQ type thingy.

I just noticed two typos in my original post on this topic. My sleep deprivation is showing.

1 October 2013
4.16am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

unknown said

sky090909 said
I love Disney films, just not the channel (anymore). I just bought a bunch of Disney movies recently from their movie club and some from the Disney Movie Rewards. I should be getting The Little Mermaid tomorrow or Tuesday in the mail.

TOY STORY. All three of the Toy Story movies are really fantastic, and they’re also probably the funniest movies ever. Every time I watch them they just get better.

I don’t understand how anybody could like The Fox and the Hound, though. I watched that once when I was like seven, and it was terrible. Most movies have happy endings, but that ending is not even almost happy. I cried for hours after seeing that, and I think I might have been emotionally scarred from it.

I haven’t seen The Fox & the Hound probably in about 20 years. Probably couldn’t tell you what its about ‘cept maybe a fox and a hound. lol

1 October 2013
4.23am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
4551sp_Permalink sp_Print

#9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9, turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man

1 October 2013
1.46pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4552sp_Permalink sp_Print

#9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9, turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

1 October 2013
1.51pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4553sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

I haven’t seen The Fox & the Hound probably in about 20 years. Probably couldn’t tell you what its about ‘cept maybe a fox and a hound. lol

But the question I want to know is… did anybody lose it at the end of Toy Story 3, when Andy shows the little girl all his old toys? I saw it in the theaters with my wife, and as soon as Andy goes ” Now Woody, he’s been my pal for as long as I can remember…” and then tells her about the other toys, she totally lost it. As did her best friend. And 3/4 of the theater. I actually felt like a schmuck because I was the only one who didn’t.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

1 October 2013
4.39pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

wetsroosa said

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

But the question I want to know is… did anybody lose it at the end of Toy Story 3, when Andy shows the little girl all his old toys? I saw it in the theaters with my wife, and as soon as Andy goes ” Now Woody, he’s been my pal for as long as I can remember…” and then tells her about the other toys, she totally lost it. As did her best friend. And 3/4 of the theater. I actually felt like a schmuck because I was the only one who didn’t.

I did get a bit misty eye. Silly I know, but it is part of my childhood. The first movie came out when I was 5 and by the time the third one came out I was in college, just like the character. I’m just glad I was wearing 3D glasses to cover my face. ahdn_paul_02

1 October 2013
6.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4555sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gah, my application to get tickets to see Paul at the Maida Vale studios has been ‘unsucessful’ :(

Have you had a similar email, mmm? If not, you may still be in with a chance.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

1 October 2013
6.05pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

fabfouremily said
Gah, my application to get tickets to see Paul at the Maida Vale studios has been ‘unsucessful’ :(

Bummer for you FFE. paul-mccartney

Fingers still crossed for MMM.

1 October 2013
6.13pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

fabfouremily said

Wow. You have to send in an email and all? ahdn_paul_01

1 October 2013
6.14pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4558sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Yeah, same result. I’m trying to forget about it. Crappy isn’t it?

Didn’t Ben Ramon also apply and maybe a couple of others (there have been so many things going on in the world of Beatles its difficult keeping up at times)? Would be cool if someone here got to go but I would be seriously jealous and a bit peeved.a-hard-days-night-paul-3

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 October 2013
9.36pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4559sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, I know Ben Ramon definitely applied. He doesn’t come on here that much, though, so didn’t think he’d see my post.

It’s a shame, but never mind. As long as no one else gets to go either, I’m fine… blue-meanie (joking!)

sky090909 said

fabfouremily said

Wow. You have to send in an email and all? ahdn_paul_01

You applied online and had to answer a few questions: age, gender, things like that. I only got an email to receive the news.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

1 October 2013
10.42pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Aw naw! The first thing that came to mind was, “Hey, Zig’s picture is in here.” I’m warped. Or still just very sleepy. Took me a minute to remember that it really isn’t Zig but just his avatar

Image Enlarger

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694