The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 228 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
30 September 2013
9.08pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1841

Awesome. ^ You know they are coming out with the blu ray in December I believe for the 50th anniversary.  

30 September 2013
9.30pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

cbatcu said
parlance,

Is this your textbook?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb.....0760338131

The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones: Sound Opinions on the Great Rock 'n' Roll Rivalry by Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot (Oct 16, 2010)

That looks interesting...Christmas list!

parlance said

sky090909 said
So, what everyone's favorite Disney film?  

I tend to like the more modern ones, so Hunchback of Notre Dame, Fantasia Continued, Lilo & Stitch and Wreck-it Ralph.

parlance

I tend to like what they call the Disney Renaissances era (90s), but I do like some modern ones like Lilo & Stitch and UP and classic ones too. 

30 September 2013
10.30pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2222

sky090909 said
I love Disney films, just not the channel (anymore). I just bought a bunch of Disney movies recently from their movie club and some from the Disney Movie Rewards. I should be getting The Little Mermaid tomorrow or Tuesday in the mail.

Alice in Wonderland. With Snow White as a close second.

30 September 2013
11.43pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1966

Peter Pan for me! Also love The Fox and the Hound, Alice in Wonderland and The Lion King :)

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
30 September 2013
11.52pm
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1856

meanmistermustard said
Was in Glasgow over the weekend and as always I look in the Beatles and solo sections when in the music stores. Dumbfounded to find that whilst the Beatles remasters go for £9 each, Johns are £16. Double Fantasy Stripped was £20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - same down here.  The Beatles ones are around A$20 and John's are A$25, with "Sometime in New York City" at A$30.  Paul's remastered CDs are around the A$15-A$20 mark.  You can get the 2 CD / 1 DVD "Band on the Run" for the same price as the "Sometime"!!  I have no idea why the Lennon ones cost more.

1 October 2013
12.03am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1966

^^^ Hard to find Beatles solo music in Ireland but in Germany:
Beatles-€10
John-€16
Paul-€17
George-€18
Ringo-€16-19 (hard to find)
I don't have that kind of money to spend on a one disc album! I bought 2009 remastered White Album for €17 same price as Ram!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
1 October 2013
12.11am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ Hard to find Beatles solo music in Ireland but in Germany:
Beatles-€10
John-€16
Paul-€17
George-€18
Ringo-€16-19 (hard to find)
I don't have that kind of money to spend on a one disc album! I bought 2009 remastered White Album for €17 same price as Ram!

Yes, that's just crazy isn't it?

I'm glad folks here convinced me to give ebay another try after some dodgy experiences I had years ago.  I got "Run Devil Run" from the Channel Islands for around 3 euros with free postage to Oz - it got here in perfect condition after only a week or so (it is 2nd-hand but in great condition).

1 October 2013
1.12am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5991

I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn't have asked a few questions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies wouldn't have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

1 October 2013
1.22am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop

cbatcu said
I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn't have asked a few quetions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies would't have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

I enjoyed rule number 9.

1 October 2013
1.41am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237

sky090909 said
I love Disney films, just not the channel (anymore). I just bought a bunch of Disney movies recently from their movie club and some from the Disney Movie Rewards. I should be getting The Little Mermaid tomorrow or Tuesday in the mail.

TOY STORY. All three of the Toy Story movies are really fantastic, and they're also probably the funniest movies ever. Every time I watch them they just get better.

I don't understand how anybody could like The Fox and the Hound, though. I watched that once when I was like seven, and it was terrible. Most movies have happy endings, but that ending is not even almost happy. I cried for hours after seeing that, and I think I might have been emotionally scarred from it.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
1 October 2013
1.42am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 11032

cbatcu said
I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn't have asked a few quetions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies would't have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

There are forum rules? In all my time here I've never read them or knew they existed. Caught up now.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
1 October 2013
1.54am
Ahhh Girl

trcanberra said

cbatcu said
I just read through the forum rules and help guides. If I had read that thread first, I wouldn't have asked a few questions that were already answered there. Thank you to those who have patiently answered those questions for me.

I wonder if we should condense those tips into one tight post. Like a highlights/necessary post with the pertinent information. That might be nice so newbies wouldn't have to wade through all those posts. Or is that already somewhere that I come upon yet?

I enjoyed rule number 9.

Yes, rule 9 in the first post in the thread is awesome.

There are 21 topics and 290 posts in that section. I guess I'm thinking that it could be condensed to a FAQ type thingy.

I just noticed two typos in my original post on this topic. My sleep deprivation is showing.

1 October 2013
4.16am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

unknown said

sky090909 said

TOY STORY. All three of the Toy Story movies are really fantastic, and they're also probably the funniest movies ever. Every time I watch them they just get better.

I don't understand how anybody could like The Fox and the Hound, though. I watched that once when I was like seven, and it was terrible. Most movies have happy endings, but that ending is not even almost happy. I cried for hours after seeing that, and I think I might have been emotionally scarred from it.

I haven't seen The Fox & the Hound probably in about 20 years. Probably couldn't tell you what its about 'cept maybe a fox and a hound. lol

1 October 2013
4.23am
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

#9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9, turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man

1 October 2013
1.46pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

#9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9 #9, turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
1 October 2013
1.51pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1112

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

I haven't seen The Fox & the Hound probably in about 20 years. Probably couldn't tell you what its about 'cept maybe a fox and a hound. lol

But the question I want to know is... did anybody lose it at the end of Toy Story 3, when Andy shows the little girl all his old toys? I saw it in the theaters with my wife, and as soon as Andy goes " Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember..." and then tells her about the other toys, she totally lost it. As did her best friend. And 3/4 of the theater. I actually felt like a schmuck because I was the only one who didn't.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
1 October 2013
4.39pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

wetsroosa said

sky090909 said

unknown said

sky090909 said

But the question I want to know is... did anybody lose it at the end of Toy Story 3, when Andy shows the little girl all his old toys? I saw it in the theaters with my wife, and as soon as Andy goes " Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember..." and then tells her about the other toys, she totally lost it. As did her best friend. And 3/4 of the theater. I actually felt like a schmuck because I was the only one who didn't.

I did get a bit misty eye. Silly I know, but it is part of my childhood. The first movie came out when I was 5 and by the time the third one came out I was in college, just like the character. I'm just glad I was wearing 3D glasses to cover my face. ahdn_paul_02

1 October 2013
6.02pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2951

Gah, my application to get tickets to see Paul at the Maida Vale studios has been 'unsucessful' :(

Have you had a similar email, mmm? If not, you may still be in with a chance.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

1 October 2013
6.05pm
Ahhh Girl

fabfouremily said
Gah, my application to get tickets to see Paul at the Maida Vale studios has been 'unsucessful' :(

Bummer for you FFE. paul-mccartney

Fingers still crossed for MMM.

1 October 2013
6.13pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Apple rooftop

fabfouremily said

Wow. You have to send in an email and all? ahdn_paul_01

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: LongHairedLady, Beatleva, Meowson
54 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 11032

mr. Sun king coming together: 6872

Ahhh Girl: 5991

parlance: 5775