Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
26 September 2013
5.53pm
SatanHimself
Hades-on-Leith
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 666
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4501sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t get mad at your neighbors for Halloween.  Halloween gets one lousy day plunked in the early stages of Christmas mania.  And when you think about it, it’s the only day of the year which encourages people to legitimately have fun, with no religious or family obligations.  If anything, October should be a month-long Halloween build-up, where people are allowed to enjoy life more and take less things so seriously.

E is for 'Ergent'.

26 September 2013
5.59pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4502sp_Permalink sp_Print

SatanHimself said
Don’t get mad at your neighbors for Halloween.  Halloween gets one lousy day plunked in the early stages of Christmas mania.  And when you think about it, it’s the only day of the year which encourages people to legitimately have fun, with no religious or family obligations.  If anything, October should be a month-long Halloween build-up, where people are allowed to enjoy life more and take less things so seriously.

Crapola. I can’t please SatanHimself today for love nor money. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I’ll try to reform and be better tomorrow.

27 September 2013
2.26pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4503sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

Funny Paper said

Linde said
Wow. Really can’t keep up with this forum anymore. School is too time consuming. Hate that :(

Priorities, Linde — this forum is far more important than school work!blue-meanie

:D :D Haha yeah, try explaining that to your teachers! I’m working loads more this year than last. And I’ve moved to a better school, which is much harder than I thought it would be :( I’ve left my best friend behind, that’s the hardest thing.

I know how you feel, Linde, at least to a certain extent. I’m shattered gone 9, and usually I’ve got a good few hours work left at that point. Forget exercising as well. I rarely have time now to go out for a long period of time. Anything else school wants to get in the way of? My social life died a while back (though, tbh, it was never really that alive to begin with). There’s a girl in my class who quite studies hard and goes to 1.30 hr dance class every day. Have no idea how she does that. blue-meanie

That’s what I hate the most! The way my social life has decreased. Some friends I haven’t seen for weeks and I try to see my best friends once a week, which I don’t always manage. People are already telling me to give up my job, but I can’t, because then I really can’t finance everything anymore.

I can’t believe how I’m reading hundreds of pages a day and still am far behind on everything.

Today I have a day off, and I just told myself to not do anything school-related.

27 September 2013
2.33pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4504sp_Permalink sp_Print

We don’t even celebrate Halloween in the Netherlands, unfortunately. Only themeparks get decorated and there’s one that’s in the middle of a village, and the village gets decorated as well and I think they actually do celebrate it there, but as for the rest of the country, I don’t think so. They do show horrormovies on telly on the day itself though. Love it.

Ah well, we have Sinterklaas and Christmas so it’s all good. Ridiculous that they already put up Christmas decorations indeed, it’s September and it’s still quite warm outside too. Doesn’t really happen over here though, but I guess that’s because we’re stuck with Sinterklaas until the 5th of December.

27 September 2013
6.44pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4505sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance,

It just hit me that Paul is holding the microphone in your avatar pic. He isn’t play his guitar. I don’t know why that just seemed so strange to me at the moment. Carry on.

All,

When speaking do you tend to drop the “g” when saying words that end in “-ing”?

The Beatles were playin’ and singin’ a song about cryin’, waitin’, and hopin’.

I’m searching my memory trying to remember just who it was in my life that broke me from that habit.

27 September 2013
10.48pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4506sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
parlance,

It just hit me that Paul is holding the microphone in your avatar pic. He isn’t play his guitar. I don’t know why that just seemed so strange to me at the moment. Carry on.

All,

When speaking do you tend to drop the “g” when saying words that end in “-ing”?

The Beatles were playin’ and singin’ a song about cryin’, waitin’, and hopin’.

I’m searching my memory trying to remember just who it was in my life that broke me from that habit.

I was forced to go to elocution lessons when I was a wee sprite hence I don’t drop the ends of my words as much but one particular word is “that” I will “dat” “Where does that dat go” etc.  Also “debt” and “death” I only noticed recently that I pronounced “debt” as “death” I’m getting rid of it now though because I can’t have a heavy accent if I ever want to work abroad and have to speak English or do voice-over work in English (I’m always rejected…a-hard-days-night-john-2) I’m from the “country”/culchie side of Ireland so heavy accents/slurring words are common place. The Connacht accent does not work in a Leinster accent  Ireland (Curse you Dublin!!! a-hard-days-night-paul-11)

Off topic: ahdn_paul_06<<< Is that a new Paul smiley? Never noticed it before

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

29 September 2013
12.29am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4507sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Emily (post is too long to quote on phone)
Sorry about being late posting, didn’t see your question!
Try witch hazel first if you aren’t using it already! It worked on my brother’s and I’s skin and it’s cheap!
Secondly I haven’t noticed any side effects of it, seem to have a bit more energy actually! I’m actually awake for my last couple of classes in school which is a start a-hard-days-night-george-10

29 September 2013
12.44am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4508sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ha look at the bottom article on this newspaper page
http://news.google.com/newspap…..=html_text

It all makes sense now!!!

29 September 2013
1.02am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4509sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Couldn’t read the text but a google search brings up the same article in the Nevada Daily Mail. Love how they devised the term “Beatle forehead”.a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 September 2013
1.05am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
4510sp_Permalink sp_Print

I believe the bottom of says: Beatles Blamed for Teenage Acne. ahdn_paul_06

So, they are reason why people get pimples…..a-hard-days-night-john-5 never would have thought of that.

29 September 2013
10.02am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4511sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
@Emily (post is too long to quote on phone)
Sorry about being late posting, didn’t see your question!
Try witch hazel first if you aren’t using it already! It worked on my brother’s and I’s skin and it’s cheap!
Secondly I haven’t noticed any side effects of it, seem to have a bit more energy actually! I’m actually awake for my last couple of classes in school which is a start a-hard-days-night-george-10

Haha, don’t worry. :D

I have tried witch hazel but I found it dried my skin out a bit. Okay, more energy, that’s good! I might try it for a bit then. One more question though, what do you do for breakfast? See I ran out of milk yesterday and I didn’t know what to have as I always have cereal. Or do you use a substitute?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 September 2013
11.58am
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4512sp_Permalink sp_Print

I used sweetened soya milk (bought in Lidl) but coconut and almond milk are other substitutes. I actually prefer soya to cow milk so I think I’ll just continue drinking that, it doesn’t go off as fast as cow’s milk either :)

29 September 2013
12.55pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4513sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
I used sweetened soya milk (bought in Lidl) but coconut and almond milk are other substitutes. I actually prefer soya to cow milk so I think I’ll just continue drinking that, it doesn’t go off as fast as cow’s milk either :)

Does “go off as fast” mean that it doesn’t expire as quickly?

29 September 2013
2.14pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4514sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ Yep

29 September 2013
3.08pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4515sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^So what countr(y)(ies) would I use that phrase in to sound like a local?

I threw a French waiter off once when I walked in held up 3 fingers the European way (with the thumb) and said “trois”. When we then asked for an English menu, he knitted his brow very tightly. At least I had him fooled for a few moments.

29 September 2013
5.17pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4516sp_Permalink sp_Print

Never knew holding up three fingers with the thumb instead of ringfinger is the European way. And I actually am from Europe.

Or maybe it’s just not the way in Holland.

29 September 2013
5.50pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4517sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Never knew holding up three fingers with the thumb instead of ringfinger is the European way. And I actually am from Europe.

Or maybe it’s just not the way in Holland.

Never knew that either, never seen the thumb used in Scotland (unless they are shaped to resemble a gun).

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 September 2013
6.10pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
4518sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
^^So what countr(y)(ies) would I use that phrase in to sound like a local?

I threw a French waiter off once when I walked in held up 3 fingers the European way (with the thumb) and said “trois”. When we then asked for an English menu, he knitted his brow very tightly. At least I had him fooled for a few moments.

Ireland anyways and I never do the “3 fingers with the thumb” way :/

Just after listening to Ram and now on The Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1 while doing my history essay and project, great fun. I love when nobody else in the house a-hard-days-night-john-6

29 September 2013
6.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4519sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^Well, humph. I learned it from my German mother-in-law (she’s 75) and from Rick Steves. Is it an old custom that younger people don’t do? 

And that’s how the American gave himself away in “Inglorious Basterds”.  :/

What gives? Oh, well. I’ve been led astray.

29 September 2013
7.16pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4520sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Okay, thanks for you help. I drink soya milk anyway so that should be fine :D

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694