The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 225 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
22 September 2013
8.17pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17188
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

cbatcu said

meanmistermustard said

LadyBay said
Good luck with your wisdom tooth op. meanmistermustard  - is that tomorrow?

Hope it's way more uneventful than the last time.

Thank you for the kind remembrance. I think I posted the wrong details last time as its the 19th of September at 10am. I am not looking forward to it for two reasons a) the noises as they remove the tooth (hearing them crack the tooth is horrific and they wont allow ipods on otherwise i'd be listening to that) and b) the recovery (before the last time almost everyone I know who has had a wisdom removed kept saying "yeah its no problem, it was fine for me, eating after a few hours" etc yet afterwards they all were telling me the issues they had). Now I know better.ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

How are you doing, meanmistermustard?

When I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at one time, the dentist gave me some pain pills. After taking the first dose, I remember hitting the carpet in the hallway then nothing after that for 2 days. I'm not sure if I even ate during those days. I'm just glad I was at home so my mom could take care of me.

Thank you for asking cbatcu.heart

I survived tho they tried to cook me by wrapping me up in all manner of coverings and then putting a massive light right above me. I had to get them to stop and take it all away as it was roasting. Was so nervous beforehand but the surgeon and assistances were fantastic. Still, never want to go thru that again, the noises of the tooth cracking and the drill as well as the pressure they apply is horrid.

On a side note I would like to say that every time ive been in hospital, at the doctors or at the dentist the nurses, doctors, surgeons and every other member of staff have been amazing. Incredibly caring and warm along with a sense of humour, never met anyone dour or dreek. Instead of all these horror stories (and yes sadly they do occur) would be nice to occasionally hear the positives of the Health Care system and the members of staff. Some of the things and people they have to deal with... The one occasion I observed, it was amazing how none of the staff lost their temper and thumped the individual or smothered him with a pillow.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
22 September 2013
9.39pm
meanmistermustard

You can have more than 4 wisdom teeth and you don't have to have all four. From the land that is wiki

Most adults have four wisdom teeth, but it is possible to have fewer or more, in which case the extras are called supernumerary teeth.

Isn't the human body amazing?

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
22 September 2013
11.09pm
meanmistermustard

4489sp_Permalink

23 September 2013
12.07am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5552
4492sp_Permalink

Linde said
[SNIP]

I really don't understand how people in the same situation are able to go out twice or three times a weekpaul-mccartneyGod, hear me talking. How old am I, 19 or 90? But really, I used to go out that much too, without problems and now I feel like some kind of elderly person.

While I'm still on here at 1 am right now? Have slept for 12 hours the past night and school only starts at 2 pm. Lucky meblue-meanie

I am some kind of elderly person (not sure what kind) but luckily some of us old codgers find we need less sleep than we used to :)

And don't worry; I'm sure that work, study and reading 10 zillion pages of academic snorefest would make anyone tired.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: ewe2
35 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17188

Ahhh Girl: 10784

Annadog40: 9799

Zig: 7584

parlance: 7092