Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 September 2013
8.39pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4461sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone able to suggest foods that can be eaten just after having had a wisdom tooth out. Last time it was a diet of soft cheesy pasta, Srambled eggs, and milk (at times flavoured) but the thought of that again is depressing. I was told cold food like ice-cream but then went searching online and read somewhere to avoid anything too cold and not to use straws when drinking.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 September 2013
10.23pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4462sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Anyone able to suggest foods that can be eaten just after having had a wisdom tooth out. Last time it was a diet of soft cheesy pasta, Srambled eggs, and milk (at times flavoured) but the thought of that again is depressing. I was told cold food like ice-cream but then went searching online and read somewhere to avoid anything too cold and not to use straws when drinking.

Haha – that all sounds tasty to me :)

Sorry, no great suggestions – but hope it is all healed up super quick.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

19 September 2013
11.27am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
4463sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul saying Too Many People is a Wings song, before the song starts.

19 September 2013
1.56pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4464sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know it’s not quite the same thing but when I had minor surgery on my tongue/mouth/jaw, I had a lot of soup, semi-melted ice-cream, fruit/veg smoothies, soft sandwiches (thinly sliced bread with cream cheese, for example), and pureed food (like what you’d do for a toddler). Not the best diet, I know, but I didn’t have to stick to it for too long. Just remember to be cautious when eating anything.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

19 September 2013
3.29pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4465sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks folks for the the replies and food ideas. I doubt it that’s different Emily, certainly the food we are too ear.

It was horrible, nowhere as smooth as the first extraction, thankfully its over.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 September 2013
9.32pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4466sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
Just thought I would share with all of you wonderful people the announcement I wrote for our library association newsletter about my committee’s upcoming workshop. I hope you enjoy it.

Bee Informed : Taking the Sting Out of RDA

The time for sticking your head in the sand and pretending that RDA (Resource Description and Access) won’t come to pass was yesterday. The national RDA committee took a long and winding road and ended up with a new set of cataloging rules we in library technical-services land must follow. Are you crying HELP! yet? With a little help from your friends in the OLA Technical Services Roundtable (TSRT), you can learn about these new rules and how to apply them to a variety of formats. We Can Work It Out and help you carry that load of learning the new ropes. Though $60 for OLA members and $120 for non-members can’t buy you love, it can buy you a day of practical, hands-on experience learning how to use the RDA rules.

We will all come together on October 25, 2013 at the Northwest Library (5600 NW 122nd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73142) for this event. Pauline Rodriguez-Atkins, our lively, informative instructor and group work coordinator for the day and her small-group assistants, won’t leave you feeling like you’ve been through a hard day’s night.  From the time we say hello at 9:00 am for registration until we say goodbye at 3:30 pm, we will be covering this goal and its objectives:

Please, please me by registering for the workshop by October 19th. Here are links to the official flyer and the online registration form:

Flyer: http://okla.affiniscape.com/as….._flyer.pdf

Online registration: https://m360.oklibs.org/admin/…..x?id=49490

by Cathy and…

*All credit due to the song writing team of Lennon-McCartney for the inspiration and song titles used in the making of this announcement.

The announcement was just officially published. Here’s how my fellow librarians reacted:

Hey, new Beatles fan, you did have fun with this, didn’t you?”

“I was reading the TSRT message Kay sent today, and I thought “Surely Cathy wrote this!” and then of course I saw that you had. I’m looking forward to the workshop, see you in a month or so!”

Love it, I’m howling at your cleverness and telling my workmates about your crush.  I love it!  Thank you for including me in this fun adventure.

Happiness :-) heart

19 September 2013
10.07pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4467sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ Nice one – love it when you are allowed to have a sense of humour at work.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

20 September 2013
12.58pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

I kept waking up all night with “when the June light turns to moonlight” running through my head. I can’t even think of the rest of the song. I’ll go look it up.

20 September 2013
1.26pm
walrusgumboot
Here, There and Everywhere
The Cavern Club
Members
Forum Posts: 81
4469sp_Permalink sp_Print

In the ‘Real Love ‘ video, as they’re walking into Paul’s studio George pulls something out from under his coat, then puts it back again. Watched this dozens of times & can’t figure out what the hell it IS.Won’t you please, please help me?

....ya won't be interferin' wit the basic rugged concept o' me personality would ya madam?

20 September 2013
2.23pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

This thread has grown by 7 pages since August 25. Viva la conversation!

From “Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey”:

“Your inside is out when your outside is in
Your outside is in when your inside is out”

And you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That’s what it’s all about.

20 September 2013
9.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

walrusgumboot said
In the ‘Real Love ‘ video, as they’re walking into Paul’s studio George pulls something out from under his coat, then puts it back again. Watched this dozens of times & can’t figure out what the hell it IS.Won’t you please, please help me?

A kette or saucepan? Some kind of cooking thing it looks like to me.

20 September 2013
9.37pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4472sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
I kept waking up all night with “when the June light turns to moon light” running through my head. I can’t even think of the rest of the song. I’ll go look it up.

I’ll be on my way….

Lovely song apple01

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

21 September 2013
12.15am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4473sp_Permalink sp_Print

walrusgumboot said

Maybe one of the dozens of ukeleles he was said to conceal about his person in his latter days?

21 September 2013
3.36am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Each committee of our library association makes themed “baskets” each year that we put up for auction during our yearly conference. All the proceeds from the auction go towards scholarships for students in library science programs in our state. This year’s conference theme is “Ring True”. So I thought about one of my groups (I’m in 2) doing a “RING-o” or “RING-o and Friends” themed basket. What would you suggest we put in the basket?

21 September 2013
5.04am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4475sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
Each committee of our library association makes themed “baskets” each year that we put up for auction during our yearly conference. All the proceeds from the auction go towards scholarships for students in library science programs in our state. This year’s conference theme is “Ring True”. So I thought about one of my groups (I’m in 2) doing a “RING-o” or “RING-o and Friends” themed basket. What would you suggest we put in the basket?

Photographs :)

22 September 2013
1.04am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4476sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

LadyBay said
Good luck with your wisdom tooth op. meanmistermustard  – is that tomorrow?

Hope it’s way more uneventful than the last time.

Thank you for the kind remembrance. I think I posted the wrong details last time as its the 19th of September at 10am. I am not looking forward to it for two reasons a) the noises as they remove the tooth (hearing them crack the tooth is horrific and they wont allow ipods on otherwise i’d be listening to that) and b) the recovery (before the last time almost everyone I know who has had a wisdom removed kept saying “yeah its no problem, it was fine for me, eating after a few hours” etc yet afterwards they all were telling me the issues they had). Now I know better.ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

How are you doing, meanmistermustard?

When I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at one time, the dentist gave me some pain pills. After taking the first dose, I remember hitting the carpet in the hallway then nothing after that for 2 days. I’m not sure if I even ate during those days. I’m just glad I was at home so my mom could take care of me.

22 September 2013
2.22am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4477sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
This thread has grown by 7 pages since August 25. Viva la conversation!

From “Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey”:

“Your inside is out when your outside is in
Your outside is in when your inside is out”

And you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That’s what it’s all about.

So – do we have a page limit for threads before the web server does a crash and burn?  :)

22 September 2013
2.36pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4478sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow. Really can’t keep up with this forum anymore. School is too time consuming. Hate that :(

22 September 2013
2.45pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4479sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’re not leaving us are you, Linde? a-hard-days-night-paul-10 Not altogether? paul-mccartney That would be really sad. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14 Awful. blue-meanie

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

22 September 2013
5.28pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4480sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mary, mother of Paul, thank you for the gift of your son. He has done great works in this world.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Timothy, Mr. Moonlight
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694