The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 224 | Fab Forum

Introducing the inaugural Fab Forum February Fundraiser! Click here for more details.

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
No permission to create posts
19 September 2013
11.27am
Gerard
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 691
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4463sp_Permalink

Paul saying Too Many People is a Wings song, before the song starts.

19 September 2013
9.32pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10763
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
4466sp_Permalink

cbatcu said
Just thought I would share with all of you wonderful people the announcement I wrote for our library association newsletter about my committee's upcoming workshop. I hope you enjoy it.

Bee Informed : Taking the Sting Out of RDA

The time for sticking your head in the sand and pretending that RDA (Resource Description and Access) won’t come to pass was yesterday. The national RDA committee took a long and winding road and ended up with a new set of cataloging rules we in library technical-services land must follow. Are you crying HELP! yet? With a little help from your friends in the OLA Technical Services Roundtable (TSRT), you can learn about these new rules and how to apply them to a variety of formats. We Can Work It Out and help you carry that load of learning the new ropes. Though $60 for OLA members and $120 for non-members can’t buy you love, it can buy you a day of practical, hands-on experience learning how to use the RDA rules.

We will all come together on October 25, 2013 at the Northwest Library (5600 NW 122nd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73142) for this event. Pauline Rodriguez-Atkins, our lively, informative instructor and group work coordinator for the day and her small-group assistants, won’t leave you feeling like you’ve been through a hard day’s night.  From the time we say hello at 9:00 am for registration until we say goodbye at 3:30 pm, we will be covering this goal and its objectives:

Please, please me by registering for the workshop by October 19th. Here are links to the official flyer and the online registration form:

Flyer: http://okla.affiniscape.com/as....._flyer.pdf

Online registration: https://m360.oklibs.org/admin/forms/ViewForm.aspx?id=49490

by Cathy and…

*All credit due to the song writing team of Lennon-McCartney for the inspiration and song titles used in the making of this announcement.

The announcement was just officially published. Here's how my fellow librarians reacted:

"Hey, new Beatles fan, you did have fun with this, didn't you?"

"I was reading the TSRT message Kay sent today, and I thought "Surely Cathy wrote this!" and then of course I saw that you had. I'm looking forward to the workshop, see you in a month or so!"

"Love it, I'm howling at your cleverness and telling my workmates about your crush.  I love it!  Thank you for including me in this fun adventure."

Happiness :-) heart

20 September 2013
1.26pm
walrusgumboot
Here, There and Everywhere
The Cavern Club
Forum Posts: 78
4469sp_Permalink

In the 'Real Love' video, as they're walking into Paul's studio George pulls something out from under his coat, then puts it back again. Watched this dozens of times & can't figure out what the hell it IS.Won't you please, please help me?

....ya won't be interferin' wit the basic rugged concept o' me personality would ya madam?
20 September 2013
2.23pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 10763
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

This thread has grown by 7 pages since August 25. Viva la conversation!

From "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey":

"Your inside is out when your outside is in
Your outside is in when your inside is out"

And you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

20 September 2013
9.01pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 17176

walrusgumboot said
In the '
Real Love' video, as they're walking into Paul's studio George pulls something out from under his coat, then puts it back again. Watched this dozens of times & can't figure out what the hell it IS.Won't you please, please help me?

A kette or saucepan? Some kind of cooking thing it looks like to me.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
21 September 2013
12.15am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5551
4473sp_Permalink

walrusgumboot said
In the '
Real Love' video, as they're walking into Paul's studio George pulls something out from under his coat, then puts it back again. Watched this dozens of times & can't figure out what the hell it IS.Won't you please, please help me?

Maybe one of the dozens of ukeleles he was said to conceal about his person in his latter days?

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
22 September 2013
2.22am
trcanberra
Canberra, ACT
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5551
4477sp_Permalink

cbatcu said
This thread has grown by 7 pages since August 25. Viva la conversation!

From "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey":

"Your inside is out when your outside is in
Your outside is in when your inside is out"

And you do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

So - do we have a page limit for threads before the web server does a crash and burn?  :)

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (engaged for those not in the know!) <==
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: pepperland, Ahhh Girl, Annadog40, Beatles007
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 17171

Ahhh Girl: 10762

Annadog40: 9782

Zig: 7567

parlance: 7092