Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
13 September 2013
11.17pm
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4441sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said
Cheers for all the congrats about my results :) And @mmm I was in Italy when the tickets for the disco everybody was going to went out so I had no clue anything was happening. So I stayed at home while everybody got pis*ed a-hard-days-night-george-10 One of my friends didn’t get into the disco she was that out of it, I think she passed out on the floor for 3 hours but she doesn’t really remember what happened….

Lesson learned kids don’t drink 2 naggins and 2 pints in one sitting…

Oh and it’s 103 days ’til Christmas (yay) which raises the question should I get The Beatles Anthology book or the Living In the Material World book for Christmas…

I’m agonising over that as well!  I currently have LITMW on loan from the library and while it’s good, I’m thinking it doesn’t add much to the experience having already seen the film and having it on DVD to watch anytime.  I’m leaning towards Anthology – that seems to be a must-have and the sheer volume of material means you really need(!) both book and DVD.

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

14 September 2013
12.04am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24963

Im agonising over the sight of seeing how many days to Christmas. If only it would all begin in December and until then it was never uttered by any human. The thought of seeing Christmas decorations in the shops or hearing Silent Night or Jingle Bells in late October/Early November is a horrifying and deeply irritating part of the year.

Christmas music is fine if played for 3 days (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day) as there are at the most 20 good songs, 12 bearable and the rest unlistenable shite. Yes I do play them on the 1st December but by the 4th i’m deeply fed up and the 5th bordering on finding the source and annihilating it. To have any of them forced down your throat for 45 days straight should be repaid in some hideous manner.

I would enjoy Christmas far far more if it hadn’t been turned into this everyone must be jolly about it from the 1st October and adore anything they are given no matter how ghastly.

Bah bleedin’ humbug.

On more joyous news England are introducing a 5p charge for carrier bags from supermarkets and larger shops from 2015, Scotland is doing so from October 2014. Its a major gripe of mine to see people buying 1 item and taking a carrier bag or even worse seeing them strewn across the countryside and everywhere else they are located.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 September 2013
1.25am
PleasePleaseMe21
St Peters Church
Members
Forum Posts: 14
4443sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s a new topic for this page: Who’s ready for some Sunday night football!!! 

14 September 2013
1.44am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
4444sp_Permalink sp_Print

PleasePleaseMe21 said

Will it be ok if I choose Saturday college games instead of the pro teams on Sunday (this is if you are talking about American football)?

14 September 2013
2.37am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4445sp_Permalink sp_Print

Listening to the Beatles makes mowing 3 acres a much more enjoyable task.

16 September 2013
2.20pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

One that somehow went under the radar.

Jackie Lomax, who was signed to the Apple label amongst others and recorded with many music greats including 3 Beatles and Eric Clapton, died on Sunday 15th September aged 69.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..T7HMdUEBI4

I wonder if Sour Milk Sea has some influence on Paul considering its Get Back theme.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 September 2013
3.27pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4447sp_Permalink sp_Print

Surprised that hasn’t been more widely reported. Another sad loss in the last few months.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

16 September 2013
7.25pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4448sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said

PleasePleaseMe21 said

Will it be ok if I choose Saturday college games instead of the pro teams on Sunday (this is if you are talking about American football)?

I’m ready for Thursday Night Football- Chiefs v. Eagles a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

16 September 2013
7.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4449sp_Permalink sp_Print

When is the Superbowl? Looking forward to that after the last two finals.

16 September 2013
7.33pm
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1097
4450sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
When is the Superbowl? Looking forward to that after the last two finals.

First Sunday in February 2014, from New York. First Super Bowl to be played in a “cold weather” city without a roof over the stadium. And the Farmer’s Almanac has already said they’ll be wintry conditions that first weekend of February in that area. Looking forward to it. a-hard-days-night-george-9

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."

16 September 2013
8.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4451sp_Permalink sp_Print

Superbowl is one of the few sporting encounters I watch where I have no clue what is going on most of the time but find it incredibly interesting and, at times, exciting. Its quite an experience to sit bamboozled yet be caught up in it all.

16 September 2013
8.32pm
LikeASir
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 175
4452sp_Permalink sp_Print

So we lost to the Bears 31 – 30…pretty damn good game, I have to admit! I only started liking American Football last year so I don’t fully understand the rules but I’ve got the hang of it.

"White Album - My joint-fave Beatles album along with Revolver. They show the two sides of Beatles. Revolver's very controlled - even though it's also very innovative. The White Album's playful and almost ramshackle. It's like a scrapbook kept by a genius. Fantastic stuff."

16 September 2013
11.20pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4453sp_Permalink sp_Print

“…Looking through the  bent back two lips”

Earth to cbatcu. He is singing the word *tulips*.

Hum? What’s that? Oh, right. Tulips. Sorry, I had drifted into my *wishful listening* mode.

So, we’re talking football. I watch the Superbowl for the commercials. During the game in 2011, there were 30 commercial sets. I wrote down all the things that were advertized, but I never went back and statistically analyzed the content. Suffice it to say, cars, beer, cell phone companies, and FOX television show were the most represented.

17 September 2013
1.53am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4454sp_Permalink sp_Print

And all the companies who paid would have spent a fortune doing it. Tho I do remember one small business did manage to get a spot during the superbowl ads one year, it was in the news, and they somehow paid peanuts. Whilst trying to find a link to said business (I failed) I did come across reports that Inuit, a software  company, is paying for an advertising spot for a small business (still to be announced/decided which one). 

It can cost $4m dollars for a 30-add commercial!? Flippin’ heck. Absolute madness.

18 September 2013
12.22am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4455sp_Permalink sp_Print

That topic called “What are you eating right now?” made me think I’d like to start a topic called “What are you NOT eating right now?” — needless to say, that would open up the horizons considerably (maybe too much).

But I figured that Joe and the other admins would think that was a bit too illegitimate and/or insubstantial for a topic in its own right.  Then I thought of a possible topic called “What topics would you like to create but felt they were too insubstantial to bother with?”

I don’t know why, but I’ve always been attracted to such odd cul-de-sacs of thought; which is why I like the fiction writer Donald Barthelme so much, for his quirky gimmicky stories.

I’m just glad I have this topic here where I can desposit such dead-end musings…blue-meanie

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

18 September 2013
12.43am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4456sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
And all the companies who paid would have spent a fortune doing it. Tho I do remember one small business did manage to get a spot during the superbowl ads one year, it was in the news, and they somehow paid peanuts. Whilst trying to find a link to said business (I failed) I did come across reports that Inuit, a software  company, is paying for an advertising spot for a small business (still to be announced/decided which one). 

It can cost $4m dollars for a 30-add commercial!? Flippin’ heck. Absolute madness.

FOX had a lot of commercials for their own shows. I wonder if it is because they couldn’t sell those slots to other companies due to the outrageous price? I admit, it is the one time a year I submit to peer-pressure to watch t.v. because everyone talks about the commercials for days on end.

I grew up watching little league and high school football. I’d say I understand about 85 percent of what’s going on.

Changing subjects: I saw a woman in Walmart just now with a t-shirt that said “The Bootleg Beatles.” I spoke with her for a moment and told her that she would fit right in at beatlesbible.com. She said she’d check it out.heart

18 September 2013
6.20am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
4457sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wasn’t sure where to put this (is there a general “Questions about The Beatles” thread for questions that aren’t thread-worthy?), so I’ll put it here:

In the song P.S. I Love You, there’s a part where they sing “As I write this letter” and then John sings “Oh-h-h”, and then they sing “Send my love to you” and then Paul sings “You know I want you to”, and then they sing “Remember that I’ll always” and then someone sings “Yeah”. I always assumed the “Yeah” was Paul, but I just listened more closely… Is it George?

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

18 September 2013
11.52am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I always thought it was Paul but now you asked the question I can hear a bit of George. Aggghhhh. That bit of hmmm is annoying. It sounds incredibly veering into definately like George on the BBC cut so i’m jumping ship to Beatle George.ahdn_george_06paul-mccartney

Ooh, we could have an ADITL ahhh spin-off thread and then a vote for which thread is the most likely to put you off the Beatles for life.apple02

18 September 2013
1.23pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
4459sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I always thought it was Paul but now you asked the question I can hear a bit of George. Aggghhhh. That bit of hmmm is annoying. It sounds incredibly veering into definately like George on the BBC cut so i’m jumping ship to Beatle George.ahdn_george_06paul-mccartney

Ooh, we could have an ADITL ahhh spin-off thread and then a vote for which thread is the most likely to put you off the Beatles for life.apple02

And we can add in the “#9 Dream” discussion I had with this nutter who failed to believe me when I said Yoko was rewriting history by making herself say the word “John” in the video on the Legends DVD – I had to force them to read the write-up on this site to convince them it was May Pang.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

18 September 2013
7.35pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4460sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yay! I’m getting a new computer at work. I will have a nice big monitor now. IT is setting it up right now.a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694