The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 221 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
7 September 2013
11.21pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10066

I don't get the excitement of the Olympics. Anyway Glasgow hosted the Commonwealth Games next year soa-hard-days-night-paul-11 to Tokyo.

And the IOC didn't go the route of FIFA and let it be hosted in the North Pole, Sahara Desert or somewhere else which has completely the wrong environment for the Games. Schoolboy error. Could have made a few quid.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
8 September 2013
9.01am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2049

mja6758 said
Woo-hoo! The Olympics are off to Tokyo in 2020! Of course, it could be a nuclear wasteland by then and in need of the regeneration...

Israel is far more likely, if Islamophiles continue to get their way throughout the West.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
8 September 2013
5.50pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2126

I think the only time I really watched the whole opening and closing ceremony for the Olympics was last year when they took place in London.

9 September 2013
3.05am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Forum Posts: 5326

8  X  52  =  416

We need to throw the Gregorian calendar out the bathroom window and start a new calendar suggested by the Beatles. Should we add more days to each month or create some new months to absorb the extra days?

9 September 2013
7.45am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2049

cbatcu said

8  X  52  =  416

We need to throw the Gregorian calendar out the bathroom window and start a new calendar suggested by the Beatles. Should we add more days to each month or create some new months to absorb the extra days?

You mean the Julian Calendar...?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
9 September 2013
9.42am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 106

Good luck with your wisdom tooth op. meanmistermustard  - is that tomorrow?

Hope it's way more uneventful than the last time.

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

9 September 2013
6.31pm
meanmistermustard

LadyBay said
Good luck with your wisdom tooth op. meanmistermustard  - is that tomorrow?

Hope it's way more uneventful than the last time.

Thank you for the kind remembrance. I think I posted the wrong details last time as its the 19th of September at 10am. I am not looking forward to it for two reasons a) the noises as they remove the tooth (hearing them crack the tooth is horrific and they wont allow ipods on otherwise i'd be listening to that) and b) the recovery (before the last time almost everyone I know who has had a wisdom removed kept saying "yeah its no problem, it was fine for me, eating after a few hours" etc yet afterwards they all were telling me the issues they had). Now I know better.ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
9 September 2013
7.29pm
Ahhh Girl

Funny Paper said
cbatcu said

8  X  52  =  416

You mean the Julian Calendar...?

That will work! I think the birthday of each of the Fab Four should become global holidays. We can build some traditions to go with each one.

10 September 2013
5.57am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 106

meanmistermustard said

Thank you for the kind remembrance. I think I posted the wrong details last time as its the 19th of September at 10am. I am not looking forward to it for two reasons a) the noises as they remove the tooth (hearing them crack the tooth is horrific and they wont allow ipods on otherwise i'd be listening to that) and b) the recovery (before the last time almost everyone I know who has had a wisdom removed kept saying "yeah its no problem, it was fine for me, eating after a few hours" etc yet afterwards they all were telling me the issues they had). Now I know better.ahdn_paul_01a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I sometimes think that for all the advances of mankind, when it comes to teeth, we are still in the dark ages! :-S

Why are you not allowed an iPod?

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

10 September 2013
1.41pm
meanmistermustard

LadyBay said

meanmistermustard said

I sometimes think that for all the advances of mankind, when it comes to teeth, we are still in the dark ages! :-S

Why are you not allowed an iPod?

I think its to do with responding to their asking if everything is ok during the procedure. If you're entranced by George singing Here Comes The Sun and don't reply they might think you're dead.

10 September 2013
9.40pm
meanmistermustard

All is right with the world. Scotland beat Macedonia 2 - 1 away and we are no longer bottom of the qualifying campaign.heartheartapple01apple01

10 September 2013
10.16pm
Ahhh Girl

meanmistermustard said
All is right with the world. Scotland beat Macedonia 2 - 1 away and we are no longer bottom of the qualifying campaign.heartheartapple01apple01

Comgrats!

10 September 2013
10.51pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1808

My state exam results are out tomorrow!! Nervous and excited!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
10 September 2013
10.54pm
Ahhh Girl

AppleScruffJunior said

Breathe. Hey, that one word worked on John. Hopefully, it will help you be able to sleep tonight.

What is a state exam and what are its implications?

10 September 2013
10.59pm
Ahhh Girl

This is what I see when I sit at my desk at work.

Photo

The caption under John Lemonade says "Imagine all the thirsty people".

10 September 2013
11.08pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2126

^

That is awesome!

The Netherlands just beat some country again too, and as Turkey won or lost (forgot) from another country no country can catch up with us anymore which means we're through to Brazil yaay!

11 September 2013
12.22am
meanmistermustard

The Netherlands beat Andorra, no idea what the final score was but Robin Van Persie scored twice. Congratulations on qualifying for the World Cup Finals, something us Scotland supporters can only fantasise over.apple01 But hey we won another game (considering the rubbish we had to endure under our last Coach that's a big thing). Bring on the Universe and we will win, well maybe not but a-hard-days-night-paul-11 a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-5

11 September 2013
10.50am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

AppleScruffJunior said

Best of luck! apple01a-hard-days-night-george-10apple01

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

11 September 2013
11.12am
meanmistermustard

AppleScruffJunior said

All the best on your results. apple01

11 September 2013
6.41pm
Ahhh Girl

So, what is your favorite song on the Beatles "1" album?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Mr. Kite, StrawberryFieldsForever, annacaecilie
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10066

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5335

Ahhh Girl: 5326

mithveaen: 4651