Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
5 September 2013
1.29pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4381sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m really against them building this HS2. Yes, there are some ”pros”, but they by no means outweigh the negative points. And there are negatives aplenty. 80bn is just a ridiculous amount of money. I see this as a luxury, and in times like these I thought you couldn’t really afford luxuries. I’m pretty sure we certainly can’t with all the debt we’re in.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 September 2013
1.53pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4382sp_Permalink sp_Print

Football clubs are paying £85m for 1 player. £200m for a Beatle now seems cheap.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

5 September 2013
2.02pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4383sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
Ah, Paul and Ringo working at the library reference desk. We could ask all the questions we want to ask! Love it.

After a while, they would both give the same answer to every question…

a-hard-days-night-paul-10You’ll have to ask him.a-hard-days-night-ringo-4

fabfouremily said
I’m really against them building this HS2. 80bn is just a ridiculous amount of money. 

Spending that much on infrastructure is a risky proposition – don’t get me started on the displacement of people and wildlife.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 September 2013
3.55pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4384sp_Permalink sp_Print

^ I know. It’ll cut straight through beautiful countryside as well as residencial areas.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 September 2013
4.36pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

For many money speaks louder than animals and people. The counter argument is that it will create jobs, cut down the train journey by 14 minutes or whatever it is, provide so much for the economy, and address the issue of rising passenger numbers etc but for me those don’t outweigh cutting down loads of trees, destroying animals living environments, and wrecking people’s lives over a train link tho. This article doesn’t provide happy reading.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 September 2013
1.48am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4386sp_Permalink sp_Print

cbatcu said
Ah, Paul and Ringo working at the library reference desk. We could ask all the questions we want to ask! Love it.

Some girls talking too loud at a reading table, they look over at the desk and Ringo gives them a stern look, pointing to the “No Talking” sign and putting his finger to his lips in the international symbol of “shut up”.  Then, just to his left and behind him, Paul gives them a wink.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

6 September 2013
1.52am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22212
4387sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said

cbatcu said

Some girls talking too loud at a reading table, they look over at the desk and Ringo gives them a stern look, pointing to the “No Talking” sign and putting his finger to his lips in the international symbol of “shut up”.  Then, just to his left and behind him, Paul gives them a wink.

Perfect scenario. You nailed it, Funny Paper!heartapple01heartapple01

6 September 2013
2.53am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4388sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just returned from taking my dog for his evening walk. I was treated to a brilliant display of fireflies all during the walk. I am up to “Revolver ” in my plan to listen to the Beatles and McCartney albums in alphabetical order. “Love to You” began to play. It just seemed to fit the mood so I kept hitting repeat. A totally pleasant experience.

6 September 2013
7.28am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members

cbatcu said

Funny Paper said

cbatcu said

Perfect scenario. You nailed it, Funny Paper!heartapple01heartapple01

Yeah, I was thinking of them in a “Help ” type movie scene !

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

6 September 2013
11.47am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4390sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
For many money speaks louder than animals and people. The counter argument is that it will create jobs, cut down the train journey by 14 minutes or whatever it is, provide so much for the economy, and address the issue of rising passenger numbers etc but for me those don’t outweigh cutting down loads of trees, destroying animals living environments, and wrecking people’s lives over a train link tho. This article doesn’t provide happy reading.

They’re planning on building over Roman ruins and demolishing a Grade 2 listed building? So the general public aren’t allowed to touch them but the goverment can knock them down as easy as that? I stopped reading that article halfway through because I could feel myself getting angrier and angrier about it all.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

6 September 2013
2.58pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4391sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just thought I would share with all of you wonderful people the announcement I wrote for our library association newsletter about my committee’s upcoming workshop. I hope you enjoy it.

Bee Informed : Taking the Sting Out of RDA

The time for sticking your head in the sand and pretending that RDA (Resource Description and Access) won’t come to pass was yesterday. The national RDA committee took a long and winding road and ended up with a new set of cataloging rules we in library technical-services land must follow. Are you crying HELP! yet? With a little help from your friends in the OLA Technical Services Roundtable (TSRT), you can learn about these new rules and how to apply them to a variety of formats. We Can Work It Out and help you carry that load of learning the new ropes. Though $60 for OLA members and $120 for non-members can’t buy you love, it can buy you a day of practical, hands-on experience learning how to use the RDA rules.

We will all come together on October 25, 2013 at the Northwest Library (5600 NW 122nd St, Oklahoma City, OK 73142) for this event. Pauline Rodriguez-Atkins, our lively, informative instructor and group work coordinator for the day and her small-group assistants, won’t leave you feeling like you’ve been through a hard day’s night.  From the time we say hello at 9:00 am for registration until we say goodbye at 3:30 pm, we will be covering this goal and its objectives:

Please, please me by registering for the workshop by October 19th. Here are links to the official flyer and the online registration form:

Flyer: http://okla.affiniscape.com/as….._flyer.pdf

Online registration: https://m360.oklibs.org/admin/…..x?id=49490

by Cathy and…

*All credit due to the song writing team of Lennon-McCartney for the inspiration and song titles used in the making of this announcement.

6 September 2013
3.02pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Whatever happened to laws and statues protect landscapes and buildings? Seems at times that there is a held idea that for every forest cut down planting 1 tree will balance it out.

George’s artwork in the 2000 All Things Must Pass reissue with all the buildings converging on top of Friar Park seems very appropriate. He would have been horrified at the rail link.ahdn_george_01

A horrible battle ensues when the mind says do something/anythign and the body sticks out its tongue and blows a raspberry, before making silly noises and spouting words twice dipped with sarcasm.

6 September 2013
4.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4393sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its incredible how the press are slating the new Diana movie using words such as tacky, atrocious and intrusive considering how they treated her and her family before and after she died.

6 September 2013
4.35pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4394sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s applause-worthy, cbactu. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many references in such a short block of text! :D

(Passover - I. Curtis)

6 September 2013
4.36pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
4395sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
That’s applause-worthy, cbactu. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that many references in such a short block of text! :D

Merci!

7 September 2013
11.20am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4396sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thursday I went to see Paramore live in Amsterdam. I went there with absolutely no experiences but daaaamn it was awesome! Had a great time. But waking up at six and going to college from 8.30 til 15.00 and then going to a concert is a bad idea. Very tiring.

And my broter and sister have returned from Barcelona. And that means presents! 

7 September 2013
10.13pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4397sp_Permalink sp_Print

Woo-hoo! The Olympics are off to Tokyo in 2020! Of course, it could be a nuclear wasteland by then and in need of the regeneration…

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 September 2013
11.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

I don’t get the excitement of the Olympics. Anyway Glasgow hosted the Commonwealth Games next year soa-hard-days-night-paul-11 to Tokyo.

And the IOC didn’t go the route of FIFA and let it be hosted in the North Pole, Sahara Desert or somewhere else which has completely the wrong environment for the Games. Schoolboy error. Could have made a few quid.

8 September 2013
9.01am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4399sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said
Woo-hoo! The Olympics are off to Tokyo in 2020! Of course, it could be a nuclear wasteland by then and in need of the regeneration…

Israel is far more likely, if Islamophiles continue to get their way throughout the West.

8 September 2013
5.50pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4400sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think the only time I really watched the whole opening and closing ceremony for the Olympics was last year when they took place in London.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691