The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 217 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 August 2013
12.59am
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10358

Scoun said

meanmistermustard said
Queen and Paul Rogers are on my tv and im sorry to all fans but compared to the days with Freddie and John Deacon (and regardless of what's said comparisons are inevitable) it sucks. I Want To Break Free was awful, I didn't recognise it until the words began. Tho when you think what they did with Robbie Williams and Five years ago its not bad. Maybe that was the plan - hit the world with abysmal embarrassing shit and then go out with slightly less smelly crap and get away with it as everyone recalls what was before.

Why I am putting up with this? 

John Deacon hated it when they did We Are The Champions with Robbie Williams.

And retained a heck of a lot of respect for calling it quits and not being part of it. I think he's got together with them 3 times since Freddie's death; the tribute concert at Wembley, the Only The Good Die Young single, and a performance with Elton John. Would be interesting to see how fans of Queen + justify this. 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
22 August 2013
9.47am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1834

Grrr just received what I thought was The Dark Horse Years boxset for the bargain price of €18 with P&P a-hard-days-night-george-10 Ended up getting the Dark Horse album ffs! I don't want my first George Harrison solo album to be Dark Horse, I would have gotten ATMP and spent the extra €4 if I knew I was getting Dark Horse.....

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
22 August 2013
11.43am
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here, doing nothing but procrastinating
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1834

Well after a debate over the phone and many tears. Dark Horse is being sent back and Katie is album-less of George's music again. paul-mccartney

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately.....In your own homes.----Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
23 August 2013
5.08pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

Does anybody know of any good all-round blogs that they follow? I was watching a film yesterday about a girl who writes one, and that got me thinking that I'd like to subscribe to one (or a few), but I have no idea where to start looking.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

23 August 2013
6.53pm
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2087

In my "other life" I write a blog (901 entries written, started it in 2006); but I'm not sure I'm ready to out myself here yet.blue-meanie

If you go to Blogspot, you could browse among literally thousands of blogs written by many different people of different perspectives about pretty much every subject & interest under the sun.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
24 August 2013
2.31pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^ Gah, that's shame. I understand, though. Let me know if you ever do feel ready.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll go over to Blogspot now :D

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

25 August 2013
4.45am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2087

Let us know what you find, fabfouremily.ahdn_george_08

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
25 August 2013
9.46am
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2168

Yeah blogspot is very good, but Tumblr is sometimes good for finding blogs too. Not all Tumblr accounts are pages stuffed with pictures. Then there's also Wordpress or Worldpress or whatever it's called.

25 August 2013
10.43am
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

^ WordPress. Yeah, I'm gonna try there to.

Funny Paper said
Let us know what you find, fabfouremily.ahdn_george_08

Will do! :D

26 August 2013
7.39pm
meanmistermustard

Britains only female Panda Tian Tian who is or isn't pregnant. Absolutely darn-tooting adorable.heart [There really should be a thread specifically for super cute animals.]

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
27 August 2013
12.24am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 5476

We just had a panda birth in the States. All the attention is particularly amusing to me as I just finished watching Anchorman.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

27 August 2013
1.46am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237

meanmistermustard said  [There really should be a thread specifically for super cute animals.]

I think that's the who's the best looking Beatle thread.

And speaking of super cute animals, this summer I have found out probably the most exciting thing I have ever heard in my whole entire life. So you guys know how humans have songs, like The Wheels on the Bus, that every person on Earth can sing along to? DOLPHINS HAVE THAT TOO. THEY SING SONGS TOGETHER. If you thought that was exciting, though, it gets even more intense. Dolphins are so smart, they do math in their heads that is so complex, humans can't even begin to understand it. Also, they have names for each other. Like when one dolphin calls the name of another dolphin, that dolphin responds. THEY HAVE NAMES. And when they see themselves in a mirror they make faces and go upside down and stuff. So now I really love dolphins, and that's why I hate Sea World and all those places that make you pay so you can swim with, look at, or touch a dolphin (or any animal that's not a human, I guess, but especially dolphins).

And, I guess like nobody knows this, because I went to Sea World this summer (unfortunately), and everybody was telling me that I was wrong, but Killer Whales are actually dolphins.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
27 August 2013
1.58am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3213

Orcinus orca

Meerkats are another mammal with a more complicated language than we imagine, including names for individuals.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
27 August 2013
2.04am
meanmistermustard

You will not get me in a zoo, sea life centre or anywhere else like that EVER!!! 

How cute are these Koala bears

? I could hug them all day.heart How on earth humans can kill animals is beyond me (yes I eat meat but I could never kill an animal).

And to give it a nice beatle link here is Macca and his other band showing why Wild Life is a darn fine album with the theme song as an example -

27 August 2013
2.20am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

These could have worked as a link for cute koalas and The Beatles:

http://i1.wp.com/userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/31136289/Paul+McCartney+Ode+To+A+Koala+Bear.jpg?w=200

http://i1.wp.com/beatlephotoblog.com/photos/2012/08/122.jpg22.jpg?w=200

Or how about the b-side to Say Say Say?

27 August 2013
2.31am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

Well I just had a long response but it didn't post right so whatever.

27 August 2013
2.34am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop

mja6758 said
Orcinus orca

Meerkats are another mammal with a more complicated language than we imagine, including names for individuals.

Meerkats have names for individuals? I thought that dolphins were the only animal other than humans that we knew did this..

27 August 2013
3.24am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 106

meanmistermustard said
You will not get me in a zoo, sea life centre or anywhere else like that EVER!!! 
 I could hug them all day.heart How on earth humans can kill animals is beyond me (yes I eat meat but I could never kill an animal).

Amen to that - I hate those places, with people sitting there scoffing hot-dogs or whatever and watching animals performing silly tricks so they can be mindlessly entertained.

Koalas are a beautiful looking animal but you might change your mind about hugging them all day - they scratch and bite!

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

27 August 2013
4.08pm
meanmistermustard

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 True about Koala's, same goes for Lions, Tiger's, Polar Bears, Kangeroo's, Gorilla's and so so many animals: super cute but might eat you alive/claw you to death when their stomach rumbles or just get bored.

28 August 2013
12.18am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

It looks as if in the next days the West will strike Syria for its use of chemical weapons. I am undecided. What permission do we give to despots who would do this to innocent children, women and men if we stand back and do nothing? What do we do if Assad goes full out because he doesn't see he has anything more to lose? I know what I think should be done. I know how ugly politics make things. It is a sad day when we do not defend our neighbours, and the world is so small we are all neighbours.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: vonbontee, meanmistermustard, AppleScruffJunior, Beatleva
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10358

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5492

parlance: 5476

Annadog40: 4713

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4536

Mr. Kite: 4276

Ron Nasty: 3213

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2684

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3148

Newest Members: Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats, Alex, Aimo Kankkunen, henrysorren

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5492, meanmistermustard: 10358, Zig: 4536, Joe: 3491

Administrators: Joe: 3491, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: Mimi
Upcoming: Beatles4ever, Bulldog