The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 216 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
15 August 2013
2.32am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3206

Von Bontee said
So there's fewer Top Posters up there now, eh? Oh well, we had a good run. And speaking of masthead changes, congrats to you and ffEmily!

Same number of Top Posters. You and von were ousted by mithvean and skye's addition to the list. Thanks for the congrats.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
15 August 2013
3.48am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Forum Posts: 106

fabfouremily said
I've waited a long time for food in the past, but I'm not sure about waiting that long for a greasy, deep-fried ball of fat. I don't mind waiting for a table in a good restaurant, in fact, I shouldn't really complain if I haven't reserved one.

When the first Krispy Creme shop opened near me a few years ago, people queued for days waiting for the doors to open.

It's that kind of thing that can make you ashamed of the human race!

meanmistermustard said  

Unknown, no one ever mentioned ice on the face and was told to avoid anything very cold or hot yet I read what you said online after I couldn't sleep. Thank you for the advice.

Anyway i'm going back to my own dentist as I have a ringing and rumbling noise in my ears which is getting louder and after a visit to the local nurse I was referred to my doctor who adviced me to go to the aforementioned dentist as I have a small infection. And I have to get another wisdom tooth out on the 10th September.

My sympathies MMM - any medical person will tell you that, even though it's fairly minor, tooth surgery is just about the most unpleasant procedure to have.

Next time, maybe ask them to prescribe you antibiotics right from the start - I know they are careful these days about over-using them but if you have an infection from this time around, they might want to head off any trouble next time.

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

15 August 2013
5.43pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2168

meanmistermustard said 

As a child I wasn't very fortunate either having had around 9 cracked heads, once walked into the back of a lorry, and my ear slammed in a door. Growing up with three older brothers can be a damaging experience.

Anyway i'm going back to my own dentist as I have a ringing and rumbling noise in my ears which is getting louder and after a visit to the local nurse I was referred to my doctor who adviced me to go to the aforementioned dentist as I have a small infection. And I have to get another wisdom tooth out on the 10th September.

I had something similar to that lorry incident, only it was one of those things they load the stuff on which come out from the side. Great. I'm superglad I don't have three brothers. My little brother and sister are bad enough. 

The thing about your teeth  sounds horrible. I hope they'll find a good solution for the pain and that you'll get medication. I also hope it'll be okay soon! 

15 August 2013
10.13pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10342

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks Linde, Im on Nurofen and some prescribed mouthwash. Happy days are nearly here again.

How is it possible to watch a comedy so many times and it still be as hilarious as the first time? Blackadder Goes Forth is on and its fantastic.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
16 August 2013
9.24am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium

I've just seen the documentary Searching For Sugar Man - maybe many of you already seen it (I'm usually playing catch-up!) but if you haven't I highly, highly recommend it.  An amazing story of a beautiful man and his sublime music.

17 August 2013
12.17am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2204

That's the Gonzalez story, right? The guy from Detroit who's big in Africa? Yeah I saw clips from that a year ago, looked pretty interesting. The guy's music sounded pretty cool to me.

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
17 August 2013
3.31am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium

Yep, that's the one, his name's Rodriguez and he was the "Elvis" (as in bigger than) of South Africa, with his music becoming the soundtrack of the anti-apartheid struggle.

17 August 2013
3.49am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Right, Rodriguez, sorry. I've had a few tokes! a-hard-days-night-george-10

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
19 August 2013
11.59pm
meanmistermustard

My tooth hasn't cleared up so after a trip back the dentist I'm now on antibiotics as the healing process didn't complete itself and the loud rumbling and ringing in my ears is back and never stops. This is just massive massively annoying. I'm thinking of being knocked unconscious when getting the other wisdom tooth removed and being brought back round 7 days later.  blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie 

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
20 August 2013
12.53am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium

So sorry to hear that - that's awful. You must so fed-up with the whole damn thing. Hope antibiotics do their work!  heartheart

(but don't eat any of those  for the time being!)

20 August 2013
9.49am
meanmistermustard

Thanks LadyBay.

Is it just me or is the guitar bit and then the drums coming in to Creams' Badge (at 1:12) sound very similar to that on It Don't Come Easy?

20 August 2013
3.02pm
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3206

Sad to report the death of the great crime writer Elmore Leonard. One of America's greatest writers of the 20th Century with 26 of his novels and short stories being adapted for film and television, as well as being a screenwriter of non-adapted work, his work will long live on. He was 87.

http://i2.wp.com/www.thebookbeat.com/backroom/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ELMORE_bw.jpg?w=200

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
20 August 2013
5.20pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2168

meanmistermustard said
Thanks LadyBay.

Is it just me or is the guitar bit and then the drums coming in to Creams' Badge (at 1:12) sound very similar to that on It Don't Come Easy?

Well, since George played on both songs..

20 August 2013
7.28pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Yeah, George employing the Leslie speaker tone heavily in both songs.

xpost - Oh man, RIP Mr. Leonard, you were great.

21 August 2013
12.17am
meanmistermustard

Queen and Paul Rogers are on my tv and im sorry to all fans but compared to the days with Freddie and John Deacon (and regardless of what's said comparisons are inevitable) it sucks. I Want To Break Free was awful, I didn't recognise it until the words began. Tho when you think what they did with Robbie Williams and Five years ago its not bad. Maybe that was the plan - hit the world with abysmal embarrassing shit and then go out with slightly less smelly crap and get away with it as everyone recalls what was before.

Why I am putting up with this? 

21 August 2013
1.05am
WETSRoosa
Mountains of East Tennessee
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1105

meanmistermustard said
Queen and Paul Rogers are on my tv and im sorry to all fans but compared to the days with Freddie and John Deacon (and regardless of what's said comparisons are inevitable) it sucks. I Want To Break Free was awful, I didn't recognise it until the words began. Tho when you think what they did with Robbie Williams and Five years ago its not bad. Maybe that was the plan - hit the world with abysmal embarrassing shit and then go out with slightly less smelly crap and get away with it as everyone recalls what was before.

I ask myself that every time my toddler insists on Disney Junior.

As for Queen and Paul Rodgers... some bands should never continue, especially with someone who's identified with another band (like Paul is with Bad Company). That'd be like if the Beatles had reunited for Anthology and announced that they were going to tour with Paul Carrack (Squeeze, Mike + The Mechanics, etc.) singing John's songs. Nothing against Carrack, but it just wouldn't work.

"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
21 August 2013
4.28am
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop

Absolutely and totally agree. Except that, for me, replacing Paul with Joe Cocker instead of Carrack would be a better comparison to Rodgers-does-Mercury.

21 August 2013
9.37am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2083

And now for something completely different.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
21 August 2013
1.27pm
meanmistermustard

What show was that VB, seems like comedians have been copying that for years since? Thanks for the post.

21 August 2013
9.44pm
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 69

meanmistermustard said

John Deacon hated it when they did We Are The Champions with Robbie Williams.

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Beatleva, muzair
41 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10342

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5483

parlance: 5461