Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
9 August 2013
9.52pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4281sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I’m getting a wisdom tooth taken out in about 10 hours and im not looking forward to it. They would have left it a few more months and taken it out with another one that has to come out if it wasn’t growing in at such an acute angle – so I go thru this experience to only have to face it all again in 2/3 months! Hip hipa-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Wow, really? I thought most people’s wisdom teeth come iinshore they’re in high school. I just got mine out in the beginning of this year, and it was pretty terrible. I almost ended up in the hospital because my breathing rate was so low, and then the whole day I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t even sit up or drink anything because every time I did I would puke because I was so dehydrated.  

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

9 August 2013
10.04pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

unknown said

meanmistermustard said
I’m getting a wisdom tooth taken out in about 10 hours and im not looking forward to it. They would have left it a few more months and taken it out with another one that has to come out if it wasn’t growing in at such an acute angle – so I go thru this experience to only have to face it all again in 2/3 months! Hip hipa-hard-days-night-paul-11a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Wow, really? I thought most people’s wisdom teeth come iinshore they’re in high school. I just got mine out in the beginning of this year, and it was pretty terrible. I almost ended up in the hospital because my breathing rate was so low, and then the whole day I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t even sit up or drink anything because every time I did I would puke because I was so dehydrated.  

Flippin heck unknown, that is one awful experience. I hope you recovered quickly.

Its not been anywhere as bad as that for me thankfully tho the food i can eat is so limited, nothing too hot or cold or crunchy for 2 to 3 days at least. I must add that the staff at the Glasgow Dental Hospital were amazing throughout it all, excellent standard of care. Ive been in a couple of hospitals and my local health centre a lot over the last 6 months and every member of staff I have encountered has been amazing. You are meant to have to leave 48 hours between when you order repeat prescriptions and collect them but I got mine today in less than 7 hours because of being on a double dose. Cant praise them enough.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

9 August 2013
10.53pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4283sp_Permalink sp_Print

I never had wisdom teeth (what’s more, I’m also missing the teeth that are supposed to be next to them. So I miss about 4 teeth) but my sister did, and she had to pull them and she also had to pull 7 other teeth before she could have her braces. It was horrible. She walked around for a few days with a towel with loads of blood on it and wasn’t able to speak. Then after a few months, she had to undergo a jaw correction. That was even worse. Wow I felt so sorry for her. She had to go through so much trouble with her teeth, and now that her braces are out (they’ve been out for over a year so that’s quite long already) her teeth still don’t look too great.

9 August 2013
11.03pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4284sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Ewww, Having any tooth issues is a painful issue but I cannot imagine how horrific an experience that was for your sister.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 August 2013
12.54am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Random question but why on earth would you queue up for 40 minutes to buy a donut or anything like that? Have read a few times of people standing in line for such a time to buy a donut and it dumbfounds me.

My mouth is still hurting and got to go thru this again in 6 weeks. Anyone know of a good 24 hour 3 – 4 day pain removal product?

12 August 2013
1.37pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4286sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t know. I probably wouldn’t and just go elsewhere to buy food. Can’t believe people do that, must be one very special donut then.

Don’t know that either, will ask my sister what she used. Maybe she remembers.

12 August 2013
7.59pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4287sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve waited a long time for food in the past, but I’m not sure about waiting that long for a greasy, deep-fried ball of fat. I don’t mind waiting for a table in a good restaurant, in fact, I shouldn’t really complain if I haven’t reserved one.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

12 August 2013
10.30pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4288sp_Permalink sp_Print

I would understand if you were at some fancy restaurant or a dinner party, drinking nice wines and chatting with friends or whoever, but standing in the street for 40 minutes to purchase a donut, bagel, crepe or some other type of food item… I wouldn’t wait for 10 minutes and even after 5 I would be off having better things to do.

Continuing on the teeth topic, when I was around 12 I fell off a Fairground ride (one of those that zip around from side to side high up in the air) as it was missing a safety bar, slipping right under even tho my brother tried to hold me on. Plunged from the highest point right into one of those massive outdoor speakers, thumped my face against it and one of my front teeth, root and all, came flying out, whilst I slipped into unconsciousness. Someone found it and gave it to the ambulance crew who gave it to one of the doctors in the hospital who without much warning rammed it back into my mouth after I had come round. Afterwards I was rewarded with 1 whole Polo mint – and around 3 years later Root Canal Surgery.

I’m going to sell this story to the highest bidder and live off the millions.

13 August 2013
12.06am
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members

Wow that’s horrible! I know what kind of ride you mean, was it a ship? I hate those things, always try to avoid them at fairgrounds and when I go in there, I always try to sit as much in the middle as possible, on the lowest point, let’s say. But wow, that’s such a terrible story. Didn’t you break anything? Oh and what did your parents say?

Worst thing that ever happened to me psysically was probably that time I thought walking on the fence in my grandma’s frontyard was a good idea. It was round and not square, like most fences are. Aaaaand so I fell, straight into the spiky bushes. At the time I had glasses and so one of the earpieces (?) fell right above my eye, through the skin. Something also happened to the nerves because I have never been able to clearly see everything with that eye. Anyway, I had stitches for a long time and it never really healed. I had to walk around for a few months with a huge plaster over my eye after they took the stitches out. I wasn’t a lucky child, I always had loads of accidents, like the time I fell off a teeter totter (geebus I had to search for a long time before I found the word) and broke my arm. I’m glad I never had anything happen to my teeth though, I think I’d die. Not literally. 

13 August 2013
5.31pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4290sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wasn’t sure where to say this, but my commiserations to the bontee twins. You had the bottom two places on the top posters until today’s changes, and were you one person, you would still be up there. Luckily, until Egroeg feels able to return, von or Von has a good chance of overtaking her! a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

14 August 2013
12.04am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4291sp_Permalink sp_Print

Me and my sister are heading up to Liverpool on Thursday, so I’m currently trying to convince her to walk the 1hr 30 min. from Lime Street Station to 12, Forthlin Road and/or Mendips and Strawberry Field. Hmmm… think I may have to buy her lunch… a-hard-days-night-george-4

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 August 2013
6.59am
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228
4292sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8You can get a taxi Emily. They’re called Fab Four Taxi Tour or something, they take you round all the important places; houses, schools, Strawberry Field, Penny Lane etc. I think there’s also a bus tour that runs from the Beatles Shop in Liverpool as well, I think it might be called Magical Mystery Tour (looks out for a lot of bad Beatle puns while you’re in Liverpool!) a-hard-days-night-john-6

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

14 August 2013
7.18am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
4293sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Random question but why on earth would you queue up for 40 minutes to buy a donut or anything like that? Have read a few times of people standing in line for such a time to buy a donut and it dumbfounds me.

My mouth is still hurting and got to go thru this again in 6 weeks. Anyone know of a good 24 hour 3 – 4 day pain removal product?

You’re supposed to use ice first 24 hours and something hot the next couple days. You could also just take a lot of benadryl so you could sleep through it, or keep yourself busy with things you enjoy, and then you won’t feel any pain because you’ll be so happy.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

14 August 2013
10.32am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4294sp_Permalink sp_Print

bikelock28 said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8You can get a taxi Emily. They’re called Fab Four Taxi Tour or something, they take you round all the important places; houses, schools, Strawberry Field, Penny Lane etc. I think there’s also a bus tour that runs from the Beatles Shop in Liverpool as well, I think it might be called Magical Mystery Tour (looks out for a lot of bad Beatle puns while you’re in Liverpool!) a-hard-days-night-john-6

Yeah, I did one of those MMT buses last year. It was good as you got to see all the different places, but a little expensive for me and my sister (we’re paying for this little day out, train tickets and all, and we’re both broke). I just wanted to go there, spend some time there, even if it meant not seeing anything Beatles-related (except the Cavern, I’m taking her there). I love Liverpool as a city, Beatles connection or not. But now I’m thinking that I really want to go to some Beatles places. I can’t expect her to walk all that way for something she’s not bothered about though, so never mind. There’ll be another time. At least I have been already.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

14 August 2013
12.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
4295sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Wow that’s horrible! I know what kind of ride you mean, was it a ship? I hate those things, always try to avoid them at fairgrounds and when I go in there, I always try to sit as much in the middle as possible, on the lowest point, let’s say. But wow, that’s such a terrible story. Didn’t you break anything? Oh and what did your parents say?

Worst thing that ever happened to me psysically was probably that time I thought walking on the fence in my grandma’s frontyard was a good idea. It was round and not square, like most fences are. Aaaaand so I fell, straight into the spiky bushes. At the time I had glasses and so one of the earpieces (?) fell right above my eye, through the skin. Something also happened to the nerves because I have never been able to clearly see everything with that eye. Anyway, I had stitches for a long time and it never really healed. I had to walk around for a few months with a huge plaster over my eye after they took the stitches out. I wasn’t a lucky child, I always had loads of accidents, like the time I fell off a teeter totter (geebus I had to search for a long time before I found the word) and broke my arm. I’m glad I never had anything happen to my teeth though, I think I’d die. Not literally. 

It was a cross between the Pirate Ship and Miami Twist, cant remember the actual name of the ride. Nothing was broken and my family said nothing that I can recall. Didn’t get time off school and didn’t sue anyone. Nowadays it would be front page news, million pound lawsuits and folks campaigning for all fairground rides to be incinerated.

That post falling experience is horrible to read, sounds like an episode of Casualty or ER. I’d rather have the tooth escapade than anything going near my eye.

As a child I wasn’t very fortunate either having had around 9 cracked heads, once walked into the back of a lorry, and my ear slammed in a door. Growing up with three older brothers can be a damaging experience.

Unknown, no one ever mentioned ice on the face and was told to avoid anything very cold or hot yet I read what you said online after I couldn’t sleep. Thank you for the advice.

Anyway i’m going back to my own dentist as I have a ringing and rumbling noise in my ears which is getting louder and after a visit to the local nurse I was referred to my doctor who adviced me to go to the aforementioned dentist as I have a small infection. And I have to get another wisdom tooth out on the 10th September.

14 August 2013
6.14pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4296sp_Permalink sp_Print

It makes me laugh when people decide they want to lose weight, so they ask for just one sandwich rather than two for their lunch, and buy low-fat varieties of butter, biscuits and cake. Maybe I shouldn’t laugh really, it’s sad that people really do have that little knowledge about healthy eating.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

15 August 2013
1.01am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
4297sp_Permalink sp_Print

mja6758 said

Wasn’t sure where to say this, but my commiserations to the bontee twins. You had the bottom two places on the top posters until today’s changes, and were you one person, you would still be up there. Luckily, until Egroeg feels able to return, von or Von has a good chance of overtaking her! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Haha yeah, I saw that and wondered if Mr. Sun King had returned! Then realized “Wait , that wouldn’t have made any difference…what’s going on?”

So there’s fewer Top Posters up there now, eh? Oh well, we had a good run. And speaking of masthead changes, congrats to you and ffEmily!

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

15 August 2013
2.32am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4298sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
So there’s fewer Top Posters up there now, eh? Oh well, we had a good run. And speaking of masthead changes, congrats to you and ffEmily!

Same number of Top Posters. You and von were ousted by mithvean and skye’s addition to the list. Thanks for the congrats.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Von Bontee

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

15 August 2013
3.48am
LadyBay
Following The Sun
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106
4299sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
I’ve waited a long time for food in the past, but I’m not sure about waiting that long for a greasy, deep-fried ball of fat. I don’t mind waiting for a table in a good restaurant, in fact, I shouldn’t really complain if I haven’t reserved one.

When the first Krispy Creme shop opened near me a few years ago, people queued for days waiting for the doors to open.

It’s that kind of thing that can make you ashamed of the human race!

meanmistermustard said  

Unknown, no one ever mentioned ice on the face and was told to avoid anything very cold or hot yet I read what you said online after I couldn’t sleep. Thank you for the advice.

Anyway i’m going back to my own dentist as I have a ringing and rumbling noise in my ears which is getting louder and after a visit to the local nurse I was referred to my doctor who adviced me to go to the aforementioned dentist as I have a small infection. And I have to get another wisdom tooth out on the 10th September.

My sympathies MMM – any medical person will tell you that, even though it’s fairly minor, tooth surgery is just about the most unpleasant procedure to have.

Next time, maybe ask them to prescribe you antibiotics right from the start – I know they are careful these days about over-using them but if you have an infection from this time around, they might want to head off any trouble next time.

"Try to realise it's all within yourself - no-one else can make you change"

15 August 2013
5.43pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4300sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said 

As a child I wasn’t very fortunate either having had around 9 cracked heads, once walked into the back of a lorry, and my ear slammed in a door. Growing up with three older brothers can be a damaging experience.

I had something similar to that lorry incident, only it was one of those things they load the stuff on which come out from the side. Great. I’m superglad I don’t have three brothers. My little brother and sister are bad enough. 

The thing about your teeth  sounds horrible. I hope they’ll find a good solution for the pain and that you’ll get medication. I also hope it’ll be okay soon! 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe, Ahhh Girl
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22223, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694