The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 213 | All together now | Fab forum

A A A

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
29 June 2013
2.24pm
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Forum Posts: 69

meanmistermustard said
Does anyone know if the promo videos for Get Back and Don't Let Me Down have been on iTunes for a while or not (comments posted are dated 1st and 2nd of April so that could be when they were put up)? They're dated 2013 so its got a thought in my head of some sign towards the Let It Be movie – tho they are the same ones that came out with Let It Be Naked in 2003.

I think they were released on iTunes along with Let It Be…Naked earlier this year.

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

29 June 2013
5.47pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 7192

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Completely forgot about the LIBN release on iTunes. Truth be told I cannot even remember it happening or the album actually being on iTunes.

Ah well back to the reality of Let It Be remaining in the vaults until The Beatles' Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandchildren approve it when they turn 21.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
7 July 2013
10.40pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Congratulations to Andy Murray for winning Wimbledon. Brilliant performance and victory against one of the greats. Should finally get a bit of respect and recognition from those who doubted.

"Well, probably we'll sell less records, less people'll go to see the film, we'll write less songs, and we'll all die of failure" (John Lennon 8/64)
8 July 2013
12.17am
Ron Nasty
Floating downstream in the suburbs...
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2518

Congratulations to Andy Murray on a well-deserved victory. It was one of the greats beating another of the greats. At this moment, Andy Murray is the Wimbledon Champion, the US Open Champion and the Olympic Champion. What a remarkable twelve months since last year's defeat!

It is also nice that Dunblane has another place in history tonight, after so long being remembered only for the school massacre, and that it was given to them by a survivor of that massacre.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
8 July 2013
12.36am
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Its certainly some story Murrays battle to the top. To win any Slam in an era of Federer, Nadal and Novak is some achievement but to have won 2 and the Olympics Gold is incredible to believe, especially considering how a few years back, pre-Ivan Lendl as coach, Murray would lose his head during matches. He's had to change a lot of his game and his physique but my word how its paid off. To out-battle Novak who is so close to being a machine goes beyond words.

And he is a Scot.heart 

14 July 2013
3.20pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Have received an email from LinkedIn that I haven't signed in there for a few days and to get my 3 missed messages I am to click on the included link. Ive never been a member of LinkedIn, I didn't know it existed until I got the email.

From their website they seem a legit company so i presume it was a fake. Be careful what you click on folks.

16 July 2013
2.46am
unknown
ay, qué pesado
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1215

Went to Wrigley Field on Saturday and they WON! First Cubs game I've been to that they didn't lose, but now I've had that Go Cubs Go song stuck in my head the past two days. paul-mccartney

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
16 July 2013
7.42pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1315

unknown said
Went to Wrigley Field on Saturday and they WON! First Cubs game I've been to that they didn't lose, but now I've had that Go Cubs Go song stuck in my head the past two days. paul-mccartney

Reminds me of when I was doing my Irish-listening exam, one of the questions was:

"What did Rory & The Island play?"

The answer was Jimmy's Winning Matches, which made me spend the next 2 hours, mouthing Jimmy's winning matches (Jimmy's winning matches), Jimmy's winning games a-hard-days-night-paul-7

*loading witty comment-loading failed*

18 July 2013
7.51am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Peaceful 95th birthday Madiba (Nelson Mandela). Humble thanks for all you have given.

18 July 2013
7.57am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

I couldn't decide where to put this, so I put it here. The latest in running series of UK ads for a comparision website. Something about it may sound familiar.

18 July 2013
11.02am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

It's good to hear that Mandela is in a more stable condition now, maybe he'll be able to pull through after all. Happy Birthday to the great man!!

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

18 July 2013
1.35pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3650

mja6758 said
I couldn't decide where to put this, so I put it here. The latest in running series of UK ads for a comparision website. Something about it may sound familiar.

Haha. That brought a smile to my face because I recognized the guy from That Mitchell and Webb Look, which I love (can't watch Peep Show, though, it literally gives me a headache).

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

18 July 2013
1.54pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

That ad managed to do something I never thought possible – make me want to hear the original Ebony and Ivory just to get that rewrite parody out of my head.

18 July 2013
2.11pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3650

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have bad school assembly memories associated with "Ebony and Ivory," and there is nothing that would ever make me want to hear the original again.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at YouTube and Vimeo.

18 July 2013
2.31pm
Von Bontee
A Hole In The Road
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1813

Huh, I have unpleasant high-school associations regarding that song, as well – by which I mean hearing it on the radio all the time when I was in the ninth grade. Not pleasant.

…But hey, if the song never exited, we never would have gotten this classic SNL skit from the same year:

http://www.dailymotion.com/vid…..iscopo_fun

One day, a tape-op got a tape on backwards, he went to play it, and it was all "Neeeradno-undowarrroom" and it was "Wow! Sounds Indian!" -- Paul McCartney
18 July 2013
5.46pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

If Ebony and Ivory had never existed we might have been saved from the even worse Say, Say, Say, a long shot maybe but one I will cling to. Both have aged terribly. 

18 July 2013
5.53pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop

I prefer Say, Say, Say a hell of a lot more over Ebony and Ivory, that song is forever burned in my brain. Memories of being a 7 year old and having to sing it in my drama school *shudders*

18 July 2013
5.58pm
meanmistermustard
Apple rooftop

Its roasting here in Scotland, absolutely wonderful weather and long may it continue. Would happily live in the sun for 9 months before having snow for the remaining 3.

18 July 2013
6.05pm
AppleScruffJunior
The Village
Apple rooftop

meanmistermustard said
Its roasting here in Scotland, absolutely wonderful weather and long may it continue. Would happily live in the sun for 9 months before having snow for the remaining 3.

Same in Ireland but it isn't good weather for the potatoes :/ The poor birds outside my house are dehydrated so I'm leaving a bowl out of water out the front for them and a bowl of milk/water for the stray cats out the back of the house. I'm sort of wishing the temperature would go down a couple of degrees though the low 20's would be lovely as I'm going to the backend of Galway for 3 weeks helping children/teenagers learn Irish and it's going to be hell if I'm outside all the time. Also I can't listen to my music/read/go on Internet for 3 weeks (my idea of hell), then it's Italy for 10 days, so I'll only be able to listen to music/read there but I have no new books :(

18 July 2013
7.35pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Forum Posts: 2941

I don't like the heat at all. The sun, yes, fine. There's nothing better than a cool/cold winter's day if the sun is shining. Otherwise though, I'm not keen. Everyone I know seems to love the warm weather but I don't at all. My hair goes frizzy, my skin burns really easily and it's too hot to do anything besides sitting on the sofa. Absolute hell.

Looking foward for it all to be over.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: IveJustSeenAFaceo, Musketeer Gripweed (kezron9), Sour Milk Sea, Mr. Kite
53 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
Today None
Upcoming Mr Bellamy, Linde

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 7192

mr. Sun king coming together: 6972

mithveaen: 4678

parlance: 3650

MeanMrsMustard: 2803

Ron Nasty: 2518

skye: 2295

IveJustSeenAFaceo: 1958

LongHairedLady: 1891

Von Bontee: 1813

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2332

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 33

Topics: 3059

Newest Members: ChristianCorl, primadonna paul, Simple Press, Kattatude, El Dorado

Moderators: Ahhh Girl (3347), fabfouremily (2941), Zig (3298), Joe (3210), Ellie (1)

Administrators: Joe (3210)