The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 212 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
19 June 2013
8.10am
unknown
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1237

June 18th was also the third anniversary of the day Toy Story 3 came out, so obviously I had to watch that. I don't know why I do that to myself, though. As much as I love Toy Story 3 I really hate it. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GO TO ANDY'S KIDS, AND WOODY WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO COLLEGE WITH ANDY! Old Prospector didn't know what he was talking about when he said Andy wasn't going to take Woody to college with him, because Andy was going to, only Woody had to ruin everything because he's stupid like that. And when they're all holding hands waiting to die. It's so sad. It makes me want to go brush my all my doll's hair and change their clothes and tell them how much I love them, and then hug all my stuffed animals. I didn't do that, though, because they're all set up in my closet and it would be a hassle putting them back. Sorry, I just really love the Toy Story movies and I have a lot of feelings.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit
19 June 2013
1.43pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2173

I haven't watched any of them..

19 June 2013
4.42pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

As for the neighbours thing, I think it's nice to have them there. As long as you get on relatively well with them, it's nice to know that you can get a cup of sugar if you need it. Once they start making your life a little more miserable (mine seem to like to let me know what's happening on their tv) or getting too involved in your business, they can be undesirable.

With most of my neighbours, we say hello, know to alert us if someone appears to be climbing through our window, are willing to call an ambulance if one is ever needed, but aren't interested in what the argument was about the other night. That's how I am with them, and that's how I would like them to be with me.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

20 June 2013
3.56pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 10395

You might want to skip to the next post as im thoroughly annoyed.

20 minutes waiting on the phone to find out whats happening with an order for important medical stuff as they didnt bother to phone back yesterday to find that after 5 weeks from the original order date they havent even bloody processed it. Despite having an internet receipt from the 16th May they also claim the order was done on the 29th May and the reason nothing has happened is because of company size. Best i can get is that they will look into it with the aim of getting it sent out as soon as possible as if they are doing me a favour. Well thanks for that. So bloody kind.

And the damn place came recommended by the NHS.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
21 June 2013
3.36am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2093

"Mairzy Doats"

An elderly lady I was working for a couple of years ago, just out of the blue began singing a little ditty.  I said, "What's that your singing?"

She laughed and said "Mairzy Doats!"

"Huh?" I said.

She proceeded to sing the whole song:

"Mairzy doats and dozy doats

and liddle lamzy divey...

A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe? "

Then she explained it:

Mares eat oats and does eat oats

and little lambs eat ivy...

a kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
22 June 2013
2.04am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3218

Result! Felt slight munchies coming on, so opened the 6-pack of Nik-Naks I bought earlier ("knobbly, wacky sticks of corn" for those who don't know). 2x Rib'n'Saucy - present and correct. 2x Scampi'n'Lemon (which started my addiction many years ago) - present and correct. 2x Nice'n'Spicy - present and... no, wait, 1, 2, 3, 4! My second favourite flavour, and there's not 2 but 4! Mark is a very happy boy!

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
22 June 2013
12.46pm
meanmistermustard

Just goes to show being forceful and angry on the phone gets things done. After phoning and having a major go at a medication company (see my above post 3 up) for having done nothing about my order for 5 weeks, 2 days later it arrives.

Don’t make your love suffer insecurities, trade the baggage of self to set another one free. ('Paper Skin' - Kendall Payne)
24 June 2013
2.45pm
meanmistermustard

Have found out a whiskey company is planning to expand the number of warehouses they have by covering over 3 additional fields meaning they will be incredibly close to where i live, wrecking the place. Im gutted by this as we are currently surrounded by countryside and it will be altered resulting in high fences of barbed wire, a ring road for their trucks, and huge distillaries covering the landscape. I absolutely adore where i stay, been here 30 years, because we are in the middle of nowhere and now i find its all threatened and could be right next to an industrial area.

One of our neighbours found out about this as he is a journalist and is hoping to get our lane together to see what we can do to stop it, if anything. Hopefully we all will be and not just sit back and let it happen.

This really concerns me.

Anyone any helpful ideas?

24 June 2013
3.22pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2947

Surely you must be able to speak to the council? If they're ruining the landscape and de-valuing your properties, I'd have thought you have a fairly strong case. Unless you have absolutely no say in what's built near your home, which just seems wrong.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

24 June 2013
7.45pm
meanmistermustard

We have three councillors. One has conflicting interests as he's on some board so wont, and cant, get involved; another is on holiday and the third is off somewhere so is not contactable.

Im trying not to think about it as there is nothing that can be done at this very moment. The deeds to what we own and what is allowable near us will be downloaded this week alongwith other odds and ends. We also might have bats in the trees which could stop them as supposedly bats are protected animals but there is the thought that to get around that issue the company might simply cut the trees down and then go "whoops! Shouldnt we have done that? Oh look at that, the bats are gone. Erm, about that building work...".

24 June 2013
8.30pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost

Forum Posts: 4549

I wish you the best of luck, mmm. I too live in a heavily wooded suburban area and would feel gutted if this was happening to me.

Your situation brings to mind the Australian comedy film, The Castle. For those who have not seen it, please do. It is the only movie that actually made me stand and cheer at the end. Everyone I have shown it to has done the same.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, Let it roll for all its worth.

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

24 June 2013
10.29pm
meanmistermustard

Can i come and live with you Zig - or even in the house 4 down?

Not even Peanuts and the gang have cheered me up tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....vEkHk-3JYU

25 June 2013
10.48pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Wow that's heavy. I myself live in the middle of the city, still in a pretty quiet street, but not ''surrounded by landscape'' so I don't fully understand how living like that is, but I do understand that what will happen really sucks. 

Can't you go out and organize some demonstration? Would that help? Signing a petition, going out with megaphones and banners? Tying yourselves to the trees? There must be some way to stop it or at least prevent it from becoming too bad.

26 June 2013
10.48am
meanmistermustard

We stay on a small lane outside of town with about 9 other people on it and not many of those will care one hoot. We will do what we can but to be honest if the council allow it then we will be screwed. It doesn't look good if out of 10 only 3 or 4 signed a petition. Also it will bring jobs to the area so few objections will be raised. Im trying not to think about it.

26 June 2013
7.03pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop

Is moving elsewhere an option?

Btw, is it friggin' summer or what? Last night it was freezing. Literally. FREEZING. IT'S NEARLY JULYpaul-mccartney

26 June 2013
7.07pm
Zig

meanmistermustard said
Can i come and live with you Zig - or even in the house 4 down?

Mi casa es su casa, mmm. I live on a dead end road only 1/2 mile long (.8 kilometers) with only 4 houses.

If you can handle living peacefully in the middle of a forest on a dead end road surrounded by miles of trails for hiking, then you are most welcome my friend.

mal-evans

Every Little Thing you buy from Amazon or iTunes will help the Beatles Bible if you use these links: Amazon | iTunes

26 June 2013
9.13pm
meanmistermustard

If they give us a million pound pay off im willing to move to somewhere hot, quiet and in the middle of nowhere. Otherwise not really. I wouldn't ever move into town.

I live in the middle of the countryside with the nearest shop a 15 minute walk away and love it. We overlook a loch on one side and the town is on the other, up a hill, with a wood down the end of a one way bumpy lane that taxis and lorries refuse to drive up. Its absolute bliss. They want to build on one side of the woods. Been here 30 years and im 32.

Thanks for the offer Zig, sounds perfect. Expect me to turn up around Christmas time. I'll bring you a present.

26 June 2013
9.30pm
Zig

meanmistermustard said 

Thanks for the offer Zig, sounds perfect. Expect me to turn up around Christmas time. I'll bring you a present.

Awesome! Something Beatley, please.

26 June 2013
9.34pm
meanmistermustard

Zig said

meanmistermustard said 

Awesome! Something Beatley, please.

Of course. Apple are planning to release a whole load of Beatle memorabilia in the Autumn. How about an official Beatles cheese toastie cleaning kit? Perfect for when you drop your toastie on the floor.

Am currently doing DIY in and out of the house so iTunes is on random and occasionally tracks from the Bugsy Malone musical come on. Quite easily the greatest musical ive ever seen as I can watch it thru without getting so annoyed at people bursting into song for no reason whatsoever and doing spontaneous dances with their mates that are perfectly choreographed and in sync. If you haven't seen this piece of cinematic brilliance find yourself a spare 90 minutes, get some popcorn and a drink and enjoy. Its on youtube.

28 June 2013
12.11am
meanmistermustard

Does anyone know if the promo videos for Get Back and Don't Let Me Down have been on iTunes for a while or not (comments posted are dated 1st and 2nd of April so that could be when they were put up)? They're dated 2013 so its got a thought in my head of some sign towards the Let It Be movie - tho they are the same ones that came out with Let It Be Naked in 2003.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: Inner Light
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 10395

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

Ahhh Girl: 5523

parlance: 5498

Annadog40: 4743

mithveaen: 4651

Zig: 4549

Mr. Kite: 4301

Ron Nasty: 3218

fabfouremily: 2947

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 88

Members: 2685

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 34

Topics: 3149

Newest Members: phile24, ZoeLouk, arsentev78, Rocky You're a Blackbird, Johnlovedcats

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 5523, meanmistermustard: 10395, Zig: 4549, Joe: 3492

Administrators: Joe: 3492, Ellie: 1

Members Birthdays
Today: None
Upcoming: None