Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
16 June 2013
6.30am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4201sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said
 Don’t feed the troll…… 

I’z don b no troll!!?!!?4(dhcfmcsv!??paul-mccartney

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

16 June 2013
6.53am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4202sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

LongHairedLady said
 Don’t feed the troll…… 

I’z don b no troll!!?!!?4(dhcfmcsv!??paul-mccartney

Guessing here, but I think LHL was probably referring to two new threads opened in Paul McCartney by Will T yesterday, since the last time he was here his only interest seemed to be in attacking Paul. His new thread seems to point the same way.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 June 2013
6.56am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4203sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, that actually makes a lot more sense. I was wondering if somebody’s posts had been deleted or something and that’s what she was talking about. 

16 June 2013
9.10am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
4204sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah mja got it.  I was just trying not to be too specific as to draw his attention, lol.  a-hard-days-night-john-3

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

16 June 2013
9.55am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I am not worried about drawing his ire. I did consider a reply to his topic in Beatle Pics, after all image control is an interesting topic, but once I saw how he’d phrased it I decided not to go there after the last experience with him. I was able to add 2 and 2 and get the right answer because I was involved in that last time. I just think if you’re too ambiguous others might not realise they’re feeding the troll you’re warning them to avoid.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 June 2013
7.10pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4206sp_Permalink sp_Print

Last Friday I got a phone call from school. I’ve passed my final exams yaaaay (and with damn good grades too). On to college, finally!

No secondary school or adult education anymore whiiiiee.

It was awesome ’cause my whole street came over and brought me flowers. My grandma and aunt came too and I got a present and some money. That evening my two best friends came over and rang the bell. I didn’t see them but heard a noise. There they were, on the street with party hats, party whistles and a flag that said I passed my finals. They also had confetti. It was awesome and my whole street seemed to think so, except for one neighbour. He got all angry, rang the bell, asked me what levels I had done finals in, so I answered I had followed adult eductation for higher general secondary education and he congratulated me and asked if we would clean up the mess RIGHT NOW, as the confetti would affect his plans. I told him I was having a party and couldn’t clean it up right now, but would do it later. The confetti wasn’t even near his garden btw. Anyway, we got ourselves some brooms and a dustpan and started cleaning. At one point my mom came outside to tell us it was enough, and told the neighbour he didn’t have any plants in his garden and asked him why he cared anyway, if his curtains were always closed and he was never at home anyway (their curtains are closed throughout the whole day, seriously). We went inside and overheard him telling his wife that you could see what level I had done and that he could see why I failed pre-university education last year, because I was too stupid to even sweep the street properly. They then took a broom out themselves, and seriously sweeped everything that was left under our car! They then laughed for a while, as if it was like super funny. 

The funniest part was when he started talking about it to one of my other neighbours who was having a walk and said we were antisocial and stupid. My other neighbour said he shouldn’t behave like such a twat and that it was a great idea. Owned.

16 June 2013
7.34pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4207sp_Permalink sp_Print

Huge congratulations, Linde. So glad you did well. apple01heartapple01heartapple01

Your neighbour sounds rather blue-meanie-ish!

16 June 2013
8.04pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4208sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah they just moved in after the lady who lived there before died last year. Just like the neighbours next to me they never introduced themselves to anyone, think of themselves too good to even greet anyone, and always have their curtains closed. We don’t have problems with them though, as they’re hardly ever here and really at themselves. My next door neighbours though..that’s another story. Having parties that go on until 3 am. Not even in the weekends, just on Tuesdays or something, having fights and yelling at each other on the middle of the street. Also, we had a big bush in our frontyard and they wanted to re-decorate their frontyard, so they asked if they could cut off what was on their own land. When my mom and I came home the whole bush was gone except for one pathetic little branche. This meant they had been on OUR land as well. This bush had been there for 15 years, and it was very important for our privacy, because otherwise everyone would be able to look straight into our livingroom, which isn’t that odd considering everyone who goes into town goes through our street. Anyway, my mom was furious and told them she wanted a new bush, on which our neighbour answered that it was a fugly bush anyway and that we should be thankful because they built a fence in their backyard, which is complete nonsense, as we already had a bushy hedge and it has nothing to do with the frontyard anyway. My mom just threatened they could either plant a new one, because they are quite expensive apparently, or she would sue them, which would also mean they would have to move the tiny walls of their frontyard a bit because it’s too close to the boundary of our gardens.

Oh, and they pretty much throw all their garbage in our front and backyard. You really don’t make friends this way.

17 June 2013
12.21am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
4209sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations on your finals, Linde!!! apple01heartapple01heartapple01

When your neighbors are being blue-meanie-ish, just say “Don’t be such a blue meanie!” a-hard-days-night-george-10

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

17 June 2013
8.09am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4210sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Last Friday I got a phone call from school. I’ve passed my final exams yaaaay (and with damn good grades too). On to college, finally!

No secondary school or adult education anymore whiiiiee.

It was awesome ’cause my whole street came over and brought me flowers. My grandma and aunt came too and I got a present and some money. That evening my two best friends came over and rang the bell. I didn’t see them but heard a noise. There they were, on the street with party hats, party whistles and a flag that said I passed my finals. They also had confetti. It was awesome and my whole street seemed to think so, except for one neighbour. He got all angry, rang the bell, asked me what levels I had done finals in, so I answered I had followed adult eductation for higher general secondary education and he congratulated me and asked if we would clean up the mess RIGHT NOW, as the confetti would affect his plans. I told him I was having a party and couldn’t clean it up right now, but would do it later. The confetti wasn’t even near his garden btw. Anyway, we got ourselves some brooms and a dustpan and started cleaning. At one point my mom came outside to tell us it was enough, and told the neighbour he didn’t have any plants in his garden and asked him why he cared anyway, if his curtains were always closed and he was never at home anyway (their curtains are closed throughout the whole day, seriously). We went inside and overheard him telling his wife that you could see what level I had done and that he could see why I failed pre-university education last year, because I was too stupid to even sweep the street properly. They then took a broom out themselves, and seriously sweeped everything that was left under our car! They then laughed for a while, as if it was like super funny. 

The funniest part was when he started talking about it to one of my other neighbours who was having a walk and said we were antisocial and stupid. My other neighbour said he shouldn’t behave like such a twat and that it was a great idea. Owned.

That sounds sort of like a scene from a Jacques Tati movie…

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

18 June 2013
3.49am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098

Neighbours are weird.  Mine usually don’t associate with me, which suits me just fine.  No doubt they are judging a book by it’s cover..

They’ve probably all disliked me for the same reason (of the 9 places I have lived over the last decade….  way too many)…  that potent smell that probably lingers into their yard on a daily basis….  as Paul calls it, from “a sneaky puff”…  a-hard-days-night-paul-5

I only had one time in my life when I was like “friends” with my neighbours.  I was around 22, single, and lived in an apartment by myself.  I was friends with the manager who lived one door down, she was in her fifties.  I worked late shifts, so around 9 or 10 every morning I would pop by her place, and we’d have coffee and a “wake and bake”.  Then our other neighbour from a few doors down (she was in her 30’s)  would come and join us for coffee (not a puff, she didn’t smoke it).  Then we would all hang out off the front balcony and “dish” or “gossip” whatever you want to call it, as we chain smoked cigarettes (I ditched those about 5 years ago….. but kept the green a-hard-days-night-john-1).  

Oh the good old days!  a-hard-days-night-paul-7  Life was so simple!  Now I have grown-up responsibilities and such.  Lame!  a-hard-days-night-paul-11

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

18 June 2013
6.47pm
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4212sp_Permalink sp_Print

I prefer cultures where neighbors and fellow citizens tend to MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS, DON’T BOTHER ME, AND STAY OUT OF MY PERSONAL AFFAIRS (except when I need medical help).  blue-meanie

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

18 June 2013
7.21pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Neighbours should be polite, pleasant, quiet, not annoying, and not looking to be friends. If a cat disappears then willing to keep an eye out but dont start inviting each other for tea and looking to get a football game going.

The idea of living in something like Ramsey Street (the set of Australian soap Neighbours for folks who dont know) is horrid. Keep out of my business and i’ll keep out of yours – unless a favour is asked for where you do what you can within reason.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

18 June 2013
7.29pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I can’t think of anything worse. I believe in community, however much that sometimes backfires. So, you say you would only want someone to intervene if you needed medical help, how about if – while you were out – a neighbour saw somebody breaking into your home, would you not want them to respond in any way? That wouldn’t involve you needing medical help. Or would that be another exemption?

How about, assuming you have the same attitude to your neighbours and fellow citizens as you would want them to have to you, if you became suspicious that young girls/women were being held prisoner in a house on your street, would you just shrug your shoulders and decide it was nothing to do with you?

Our former Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, once said that there is no such thing as society. I believe that there is nothing worse than believing that there is no such thing as society, and that the only people who play any part in your life should be those who you give permission to. The world breaks down when we ignore the community we are part of, and wish that they would us.

EDIT: MMM’s contribution came up while I was typing mine. I wouldn’t want to live in Ramsey Street either, or Coronation Street, or Albert Square. But nor would I want to live in a world where it’s everybody for themself.

18 June 2013
10.32pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4215sp_Permalink sp_Print

^

Me neither.

I liked my street the way it was a few years ago, when there was a nice couple with a sweet toddler living next door and across from us an elderly lady. I’m not even complaining about the man and his son who live next to the people next door to us, because they’re quiet. Their garden looks as if it should belong in a ghetto, but they’re quiet. My street is a very small street with only about 12 houses and so it’s pretty logical everyone knows each other. When we see them (except for those annoying 2 couples) we always chat for a bit and sometimes a few of them even come over for coffee or my mom goes to their place. That’s only about 2 of our neighbours’ wives though, never any of the others or the husbands. Last week when I passed my finals though, another one came over and while I thought it was sweet (poor thing got all emotional and brought me flowers and all), I did feel a bit uncomfortable for some reason, you know.

19 June 2013
2.49am
Scoun
Massachusetts
The Star-Club
Members
Forum Posts: 69
4216sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, my neighbors are pretty cool, I guess. Three of them go to my school (yeah I’m young like dat) but I’ll be moving this summer. Off to greener pastures!a-hard-days-night-george-10

Questo abrigado tanta mucho que can eat it carousel

19 June 2013
4.16am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
4217sp_Permalink sp_Print

“So, you say you would only want someone to intervene if you needed medical help, how about if – while you were out – a neighbour saw somebody breaking into your home, would you not want them to respond in any way? That wouldn’t involve you needing medical help. Or would that be another exemption?”

Yes, my snarky emoticon indicated that “medical help” was just a general example for all obvious extra-ordinary circumstances in which we’d want strangers to intrude upon our business to help.

19 June 2013
8.10am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
4218sp_Permalink sp_Print

June 18th was also the third anniversary of the day Toy Story 3 came out, so obviously I had to watch that. I don’t know why I do that to myself, though. As much as I love Toy Story 3 I really hate it. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GO TO ANDY’S KIDS, AND WOODY WAS SUPPOSED TO GO TO COLLEGE WITH ANDY! Old Prospector didn’t know what he was talking about when he said Andy wasn’t going to take Woody to college with him, because Andy was going to, only Woody had to ruin everything because he’s stupid like that. And when they’re all holding hands waiting to die. It’s so sad. It makes me want to go brush my all my doll’s hair and change their clothes and tell them how much I love them, and then hug all my stuffed animals. I didn’t do that, though, because they’re all set up in my closet and it would be a hassle putting them back. Sorry, I just really love the Toy Story movies and I have a lot of feelings.

19 June 2013
1.43pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
4219sp_Permalink sp_Print

I haven’t watched any of them..

19 June 2013
4.42pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4220sp_Permalink sp_Print

As for the neighbours thing, I think it’s nice to have them there. As long as you get on relatively well with them, it’s nice to know that you can get a cup of sugar if you need it. Once they start making your life a little more miserable (mine seem to like to let me know what’s happening on their tv) or getting too involved in your business, they can be undesirable.

With most of my neighbours, we say hello, know to alert us if someone appears to be climbing through our window, are willing to call an ambulance if one is ever needed, but aren’t interested in what the argument was about the other night. That’s how I am with them, and that’s how I would like them to be with me.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl, LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22234, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694