Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
3 June 2013
4.40am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4161sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, Funny Paper and LHL. Sorry to hear about your mom, LHL.

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

3 June 2013
5.42am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Really sorry to hear your news, Egroeg. I agree with Funny Paper and LHL that you’re best to know as much as you can about it. Looking on the good side, the situation does not seem so serious that they have had to admit your Mum. I have a hereditary heart condition from which my uncle died in his forties. It wasn’t identified in the family until my niece was discovered to have it though, and then all of the family were tested and my younger brother and I were found to have it. Knowing that we do, that allows for medication to mitigate the risks, as well as regular checks to monitor for any signs of deterioration. Knowledge is a powerful weapon.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 June 2013
5.58am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members

Yes, knowing as much as possible is probably best. heart (EDIT: Oh, wow, that heart is ironic… sorry about that. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14)

Anyway, I feel the need to post this for some reason:

Image Enlarger

~witty quote~

3 June 2013
6.31am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Thanks for that. I like the bunny! heart Hope all goes well with your Mum, that’s the important thing.

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

3 June 2013
1.27pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4165sp_Permalink sp_Print

A fantastic clip from Blackadder Goes Forth, sadly the complete courtroom scene is not up – was watching a Blackadder documetary last night, have seen series 2 – 4 about 40 times each and its still one of the funniest comedies ever.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

3 June 2013
2.52pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4166sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to here about your mom. At least she has you and your aunt to look out for here though – you can all be there for each other. As mja said, it can’t be so bad that she’s had to be admitted, so concentrate on that. heartheartheart for you and your mom.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

3 June 2013
9.14pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
4167sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thank you heart

~witty quote~

4 June 2013
1.17am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4168sp_Permalink sp_Print

For some reason Egroeg’s rabbit picture reminded me of a poster I saw way back in the 1980s from a magazine — it showed a muddy human palm and in the center, a tiny green tadpole, and the caption was “Thanks for taking care”.  I did a Google Images search but could not find it, alas…

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

5 June 2013
9.24pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4169sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aaahh, I own an original copy of The White Album !! (number 103 642, to be precise) Slight query that I’m sure some of you here will be able to resolve: I thought that the only version of it where you take the lp out of the top were those released in New Zealand, but with mine (which says was sold in the UK), you also take it out of the top, rather than at the side. Is this just a mistake that I’ve made? Were all originals made with the slit at the top?

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

5 June 2013
9.42pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4170sp_Permalink sp_Print

The UK original (I have a mono and stereo) was certainly top opening. It was probably the standard format for all numbered releases.

5 June 2013
9.49pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4171sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, okay. My mistake, then. Dunno why I thought that was only so in NW a-hard-days-night-paul-10So all numbered originals had the opening at the top? And then re-releases at the side? (my 70s release has it as the sides).

(Passover - I. Curtis)

6 June 2013
8.37am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
4172sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just heard growling outside..  I hope it’s just raccoons…..  a-hard-days-night-paul-4

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

6 June 2013
10.30pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
4173sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone know of a good simple to use free video editior i can download online?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 June 2013
10.40pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

I haven’t used it, so don’t know how simple it is, but Lightworks got a very good review recently on BBC Click, and is available in free and pro versions.

http://www.lwks.com/

6 June 2013
11.09pm
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
4175sp_Permalink sp_Print

601919_10151455642820779_1874739336_n.jpgImage Enlarger

To Zig, this was released 41 years ago.

7 June 2013
5.37am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4176sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, this has been a productive Spring.  In my past, I have written many songs (pop-folk with Latin/Tropical twangs here and there) — probably about 150 all told (with about 50 more embryonic monstrosities that can’t be finished).

But funny thing, I stopped writing songs about 10 years ago.  From that point forward I just rested on my laurels, reworking my old songs, or just enjoying playing along with records.  It seemed like I would never write a new song again.

Then, Out Of The Blue , spanning from March to May of this year, I wrote five new songs I’m really proud of, reworked 3 old songs to finally put them out of their unfinished misery, and recreated covers of two famous songs (Farolito, and Guantanamera). 

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

7 June 2013
1.52pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4177sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey there! Just got back from London yesterday and it was so awesome!

I’ve bought a lot of clothes and stuff and I’ve seen soooo much! The first day we went to Camden Market, which was less special than I thought. All those shops were the same. If you had seen one you had seen them all. Next day we went to do some sightseeing. We walked through Hyde Park to Buckingham Palace to see the change of guards and we saw the whole friggin royal family leaving the palace! Then we went to the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and all that. Then we went to Trafalgar Quare and went into the National Gallery (where I accidentally but not really took a picture of the floor), then we went to Tate Modern, which I didn’t really like. Then we walked over the Millennium Bridge to St Paul’s Cathedral, but didn’t go in there because it was damn expensive. You could also see Tower Bridge while going over the Millennium Bridge. Wednesday we first went to Baker Street, to the Beatles store of course. Only things I bought were a Revolver shirt and a Yellow Submarine keychain. My mom bought a bag, buttons, an Abbey Road umbrella and guitarpicks for my brother. The store was awesome. Then we went to Abbey Road which was pretty ridiculous. There was a pretty long queue. I forgot to bring a sharpie so I didn’t write my name on the walls of the studio gates. Some retard took a picture of us while we were crossing the road, but he was too slow so it looks really blurry, bad and there are other people on it. Then we went to Oxford Street and Regent street, which was pretty boring. Oxford street seems to have the same 5 or 6 shops throughout the whole street, whereas Regent street had a lot of expensive shops, so it wasn’t really for me. We also went into Soho and some of the small little streets behind Regent Street, which were cute and pretty cool too. Yesterday we just took it easy and walked around the block of our hotel. It was only then we found out there was a Starbucks, a Subway, a McDonalds and a whole shopping centre with a Zara, H&M and stuff all just around the corner!

It was pretty awesome, but I did notice that most things were pretty similar to the Netherlands.

Things I have learned:

– London is damn expensive

-My English is better than I think

-My mom’s English isn’t nearly as good as she likes to think

– Dutch apparently sounds more like German than we like to think. People kept thinking we were German.

– English people are very reserved and minding their own business. 

– You CAN get sunburnt goddamnit.

-Carrying a suitcase on an escalator is hard and dangerous.

– The underground system is actually very easy

7 June 2013
2.28pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4178sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, and we also bumped into the Bag ‘o Nails club by accident, as I completely forgot about it and had no idea where it was or even what street. Pretty awesome though. Next to it is a wall with graffiti on it, and it has Paul, Mick Jagger, Boy George and someone I forgot, I think Hendrix, on it.

7 June 2013
3.12pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4179sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad you had a good time, despite the little things. I thought I told you how expensive London is. They’re always going to take advantage of the fact that it’s the capital and lot’s of tourists will pay ridiculous priced regardless of just how ridiculous. Did you go to Cavendish Ave while you were at AR?

I think Germans sound a little angrier than Dutch but, if you don’t know the language, it does sound much the same to you. Maybe if you didn’t speak English you wouldn’t be able to recognise if that person is English, Welsh, whatever. It’s just the same, I guess. My parents have some good friends how are Dutch and they get so tired, and absolutely hate it when people say ”are you German”? Noo!!

(Passover - I. Curtis)

7 June 2013
5.26pm
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
4180sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Did you go to Cavendish Ave while you were at AR?

Oh man.  I know a girl on Facebook who used to live here but has moved to London permanently (she was just travelling around before).  Instantly I became jealous of how incredibly higher her chances of meeting Paul McCartney are compared to mine, which are basically zero.  I would probably be such a stalker and hang around Cavendish all the time.  I mean, he still owns that house!  

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691