The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread | Page 209 | All together now | Fab forum

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
3 June 2013
3.06am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1665

I'm really scared. My aunt took my mom to the ER and they just came back. Apparently my mom has blood clots in her legs and it's serious enough that I'm supposed to call the emergency phone number (911 in the US) if she shows any signs of distress.

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

3 June 2013
3.28am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2021

I'm sorry to hear that Egroeg.  I hope you have friends and/or family to help out (I hope your Aunt can stay with you).  Also I don't know about you, but in that situation I would like to have a clear idea what the medical problem is exactly (even if it may be bad news, it's almost worse not to know and be imagining the worst, and who knows, getting a clear picture may be a relief to know it's not as bad as you thought). I hope it turns it out well.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
3 June 2013
4.08am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

Sorry to hear that Egroeg.  I agree with Funny Paper, I would rather know what is going on, too.  Then you know what to do and what to look for.  My mom has an aneurism in her brain, has been there for probably about 25 years (she almost had a nervous break down when her and my dad split up and that probably caused it).  It's really dangerous to remove, something like a 70% chance of not making it through surgery.  It's safer to leave it alone, but at least we know what to look for and to go straight to the hospital if it does happen (she lives only a block away, thankfully).  

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

3 June 2013
4.40am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

Thanks, Funny Paper and LHL. Sorry to hear about your mom, LHL.

Do you want to know a secret? Read my username backwards. ~ ~ ~ - - - . . . - - - ~ ~ ~ Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy...

☮ & <3

3 June 2013
5.42am
Ron Nasty
"Where have you been?" "I'm not telling you..."
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 3094

Really sorry to hear your news, Egroeg. I agree with Funny Paper and LHL that you're best to know as much as you can about it. Looking on the good side, the situation does not seem so serious that they have had to admit your Mum. I have a hereditary heart condition from which my uncle died in his forties. It wasn't identified in the family until my niece was discovered to have it though, and then all of the family were tested and my younger brother and I were found to have it. Knowing that we do, that allows for medication to mitigate the risks, as well as regular checks to monitor for any signs of deterioration. Knowledge is a powerful weapon.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty
3 June 2013
5.58am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

Yes, knowing as much as possible is probably best. heart (EDIT: Oh, wow, that heart is ironic... sorry about that. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14)

Anyway, I feel the need to post this for some reason:

☮ & <3

3 June 2013
6.31am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

Thanks for that. I like the bunny! heart Hope all goes well with your Mum, that's the important thing.

3 June 2013
1.27pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9901

A fantastic clip from Blackadder Goes Forth, sadly the complete courtroom scene is not up - was watching a Blackadder documetary last night, have seen series 2 - 4 about 40 times each and its still one of the funniest comedies ever.

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
3 June 2013
2.52pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2931

Sorry to here about your mom. At least she has you and your aunt to look out for here though - you can all be there for each other. As mja said, it can't be so bad that she's had to be admitted, so concentrate on that. heartheartheart for you and your mom.

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

3 June 2013
9.14pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Apple rooftop

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Thank you heart

☮ & <3

4 June 2013
1.17am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

For some reason Egroeg's rabbit picture reminded me of a poster I saw way back in the 1980s from a magazine -- it showed a muddy human palm and in the center, a tiny green tadpole, and the caption was "Thanks for taking care".  I did a Google Images search but could not find it, alas...

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...
5 June 2013
9.24pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Aaahh, I own an original copy of The White Album!! (number 103 642, to be precise) Slight query that I'm sure some of you here will be able to resolve: I thought that the only version of it where you take the lp out of the top were those released in New Zealand, but with mine (which says was sold in the UK), you also take it out of the top, rather than at the side. Is this just a mistake that I've made? Were all originals made with the slit at the top?

''We're just knocked out. We heard about the sell out. You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people. We're so happy we can hardly count.''

5 June 2013
9.42pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

The UK original (I have a mono and stereo) was certainly top opening. It was probably the standard format for all numbered releases.

5 June 2013
9.49pm
fabfouremily
Apple rooftop

Ah, okay. My mistake, then. Dunno why I thought that was only so in NW a-hard-days-night-paul-10So all numbered originals had the opening at the top? And then re-releases at the side? (my 70s release has it as the sides).

6 June 2013
8.37am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 1873

I just heard growling outside..  I hope it's just raccoons.....  a-hard-days-night-paul-4

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

6 June 2013
10.30pm
meanmistermustard

Forum Posts: 9901

Anyone know of a good simple to use free video editior i can download online?

He told us not to get overwhelmed by grief and whatever thoughts we have... to keep them happy, because any thoughts we have of him will travel to him wherever he is. (John Lennon - 27/8/67)
6 June 2013
10.40pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop

I haven't used it, so don't know how simple it is, but Lightworks got a very good review recently on BBC Click, and is available in free and pro versions.

http://www.lwks.com/

6 June 2013
11.09pm
Gerell
Philippines, the country which no Beatle would dare to perform again.
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 682

To Zig, this was released 41 years ago.

"And in the End the Love you take is equal to the Love you make"
"When I was a robber *Piano Chord* in Boston Place"
"Let's hope this turns out pretty darn good huh"
"Pete may be the best, but Ringo is the star"
Paul:"Don't be nervous John"
John:"I 'm not"
7 June 2013
5.37am
Funny Paper
America
Apple rooftop

Well, this has been a productive Spring.  In my past, I have written many songs (pop-folk with Latin/Tropical twangs here and there) -- probably about 150 all told (with about 50 more embryonic monstrosities that can't be finished).

But funny thing, I stopped writing songs about 10 years ago.  From that point forward I just rested on my laurels, reworking my old songs, or just enjoying playing along with records.  It seemed like I would never write a new song again.

Then, out of the blue, spanning from March to May of this year, I wrote five new songs I'm really proud of, reworked 3 old songs to finally put them out of their unfinished misery, and recreated covers of two famous songs (Farolito, and Guantanamera). 

7 June 2013
1.52pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 2098

Hey there! Just got back from London yesterday and it was so awesome!

I've bought a lot of clothes and stuff and I've seen soooo much! The first day we went to Camden Market, which was less special than I thought. All those shops were the same. If you had seen one you had seen them all. Next day we went to do some sightseeing. We walked through Hyde Park to Buckingham Palace to see the change of guards and we saw the whole friggin royal family leaving the palace! Then we went to the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and all that. Then we went to Trafalgar Quare and went into the National Gallery (where I accidentally but not really took a picture of the floor), then we went to Tate Modern, which I didn't really like. Then we walked over the Millennium Bridge to St Paul's Cathedral, but didn't go in there because it was damn expensive. You could also see Tower Bridge while going over the Millennium Bridge. Wednesday we first went to Baker Street, to the Beatles store of course. Only things I bought were a Revolver shirt and a Yellow Submarine keychain. My mom bought a bag, buttons, an Abbey Road umbrella and guitarpicks for my brother. The store was awesome. Then we went to Abbey Road which was pretty ridiculous. There was a pretty long queue. I forgot to bring a sharpie so I didn't write my name on the walls of the studio gates. Some retard took a picture of us while we were crossing the road, but he was too slow so it looks really blurry, bad and there are other people on it. Then we went to Oxford Street and Regent street, which was pretty boring. Oxford street seems to have the same 5 or 6 shops throughout the whole street, whereas Regent street had a lot of expensive shops, so it wasn't really for me. We also went into Soho and some of the small little streets behind Regent Street, which were cute and pretty cool too. Yesterday we just took it easy and walked around the block of our hotel. It was only then we found out there was a Starbucks, a Subway, a McDonalds and a whole shopping centre with a Zara, H&M and stuff all just around the corner!

It was pretty awesome, but I did notice that most things were pretty similar to the Netherlands.

Things I have learned:

- London is damn expensive

-My English is better than I think

-My mom's English isn't nearly as good as she likes to think

- Dutch apparently sounds more like German than we like to think. People kept thinking we were German.

- English people are very reserved and minding their own business. 

- You CAN get sunburnt goddamnit.

-Carrying a suitcase on an escalator is hard and dangerous.

- The underground system is actually very easy

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Mr. Kite, gloria777
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page: meanmistermustard
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

meanmistermustard: 9900

mr. Sun king coming together: 6916

parlance: 5199

Ahhh Girl: 5165