Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
28 May 2013
7.40am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4141sp_Permalink sp_Print

I see trampoline thingies in old cartoons, you know the ones they when there’s an emergency jump from a burning building. What if they fall hard enough to bounce back to the top of the building? Anyways…

28 May 2013
3.37pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
4142sp_Permalink sp_Print

Having such a crap day, I think I need a holiday. Two of my friends are going to New York next month, lucky sods :(

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

28 May 2013
6.16pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4143sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^^ Sorry about that Emmy :( If it makes you feel better I have to study 6 hours a day GAH IT’S AWFUL! Diagrams of the eye and the urinary system mixed with Rembrandt, balance sheet accounts, Shakespeare and soil creep will haunt my nightmares!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

28 May 2013
9.50pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
4144sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
Having such a crap day, I think I need a holiday. Two of my friends are going to New York next month, lucky sods :(

Sorry to hear about that :(   Haven’t been having great days lately, either.

AppleScruffJunior said
^^^ Sorry about that Emmy :( If it makes you feel better I have to study 6 hours a day GAH IT’S AWFUL! Diagrams of the eye and the urinary system mixed with Rembrandt, balance sheet accounts, Shakespeare and soil creep will haunt my nightmares!

I know what you mean. It seems like things should get easier near the end of the school year, yet the exact opposite happens… blue-meanie

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

29 May 2013
12.02am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4145sp_Permalink sp_Print

Gerell said
I see trampoline thingies in old cartoons, you know the ones they when there’s an emergency jump from a burning building. What if they fall hard enough to bounce back to the top of the building? Anyways…

On a related note, I have always wondered if it would be possible, when you are in an elevator that has lost its cables and is plummetting down like 30 stories, to wait for the last second then jump up into the air — and thus avoid the impact of the floor hitting bottom…?

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

29 May 2013
12.07am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4146sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Eric replacing George theory is downright the most outrageous one yet.

29 May 2013
1.06am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
4147sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said

Gerell said

On a related note, I have always wondered if it would be possible, when you are in an elevator that has lost its cables and is plummetting down like 30 stories, to wait for the last second then jump up into the air — and thus avoid the impact of the floor hitting bottom…?

Clever… I don’t know if it would work, though.

Gerell said
The Eric replacing George theory is downright the most outrageous one yet.

Agreed.

~witty quote~

29 May 2013
7.56am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4148sp_Permalink sp_Print

Funny Paper said

Gerell said

I saw this answered recently, for the life of me i cannot remember where. It wouldnt make a scrap of difference due to weight distribution and all that happens upon impact under the laws of the universe. You’d still be splattered.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 May 2013
8.26pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4149sp_Permalink sp_Print

AppleScruffJunior said

Egroeg Evoli said

fabfouremily said

Sorry to hear about that :(   Haven’t been having great days lately, either.

Thank you both heart Sorry about that, Autumn heartheart

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 May 2013
10.52pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
4150sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shakespeare is very boring, yes. We actually had to do a report with questions and godknowswhatelse on Hamlet a few years ago. At first the story seemed intriguing and interesting but if you actually have to spend 6 weeks on a friggin’ paper on Hamlet it gets quite boring. Also, I couldn’t really understand a lot of that old English. We also did a project on poetry in English class and some of them were even older than Hamlet and that was really hard and I got all frustrated because I didn’t understand shit.

There.

Also, leaving for London on Monday. Does anyone still have some tips for us? (could be about anything really, but we’ve already figured out what we want to see)

30 May 2013
12.21am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members

Linde said
Shakespeare is very boring, yes. We actually had to do a report with questions and godknowswhatelse on Hamlet a few years ago. At first the story seemed intriguing and interesting but if you actually have to spend 6 weeks on a friggin’ paper on Hamlet it gets quite boring. Also, I couldn’t really understand a lot of that old English. We also did a project on poetry in English class and some of them were even older than Hamlet and that was really hard and I got all frustrated because I didn’t understand shit.

But Shakespeare isn’t boring when The Beatles perform his plays… :D

~witty quote~

30 May 2013
5.35am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
4152sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Indeed!  heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

30 May 2013
5.54am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
4153sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Also, leaving for London on Monday. Does anyone still have some tips for us? (could be about anything really, but we’ve already figured out what we want to see)

The only tip I have left is have a great time here. It’s a wonderful city and I hope you really enjoy yourself here, and that my earlier advice and tips proof of some use.

Oh, and if you get near a computer, check out that video – it works here! a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

30 May 2013
9.36am
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
4154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Don’t know if you’ve already been told this, and I assume you know anyway, but keep a close eye on your stuff wherever you go. I heard on the tv the other day that London is becoming known for pickpockets, which is alarming. Don’t want to worry you, but just so you know. Apart from that, enjoy yourself immensely! :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

30 May 2013
11.13am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
4155sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got pickpocketed in London about 5 minutes after arriving. Made it a lovely day. That was about 5 years ago. So yes be careful.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 May 2013
3.47pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781

I’ve been to Rome, also known for it’s pickpockets. Even my small shithole town is known for pickpockets, so I’m used to keeping my stuff close and safe. 

Oh and I’ve totally forgotten about everyone’s tips. I thought, with my stupid head, that I could remember the numbers of the pages of this thread, but apparently I didn’t. I’ll try to look for it again.

I’ll also check out the video. When I checked it out earlier, I was also on my laptop, but I will check it again.

And thanks everybody!

Edit: Still doesn’t work. It IS something terratorial, it’s been blocked by some Benelux company and..Fashion TV? Dafuq. Anyway, I won’t be able to see it.

2 June 2013
10.01am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
4157sp_Permalink sp_Print

Speaking of which there are a couple of jokes regarding the notorious pickpockets here.

An expat is revisiting his country. He is using a private jet (a Concorde if you wish). Since he doesn’t have a map he decided to use his golden watch as his guide. On his first stop he exposed his watch to the outside environment, it had snow, he thought that he might be in Alaska. On the second stop, he did the same thing but this the watch had sand, he thought he might be in the Middle East. On his last stop he exposed his watch but upon pulling back his watch was gone! Then he thought: “Home sweet Home”

There was also a joke about a robot arresting pick pockets, an expensive state-of-the-art robot.

Upon being assigned to North America, it only took a week to clean the streets. In Japan it only took 3 days, finally it was released in my country, it only took 20 minutes for the robot to be stolen.

Translating jokes is no fun. blue-meanie

There was also a joke a but a frugal man and a rich old man.

The rich old man was sick and in need of rare blood, he searched all over the world for one to donate. In his searching he found the donator, a frugal man. On the first batch of blood donated, the rich old man gave the frugal man half of his entire net worth. On the second batch of blood, he gave the frugal man a quarter of his entire net worth. When he is about to be cured, he only gave the frugal man 2 goats. Now how to end this joke a-hard-days-night-paul-11

3 June 2013
3.06am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
4158sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m really scared. My aunt took my mom to the ER and they just came back. Apparently my mom has blood clots in her legs and it’s serious enough that I’m supposed to call the emergency phone number (911 in the US) if she shows any signs of distress.

~witty quote~

3 June 2013
3.28am
Funny Paper
America
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2080
4159sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m sorry to hear that Egroeg.  I hope you have friends and/or family to help out (I hope your Aunt can stay with you).  Also I don’t know about you, but in that situation I would like to have a clear idea what the medical problem is exactly (even if it may be bad news, it’s almost worse not to know and be imagining the worst, and who knows, getting a clear picture may be a relief to know it’s not as bad as you thought). I hope it turns it out well.

Faded flowers, wait in a jar, till the evening is complete... complete... complete... complete...

3 June 2013
4.08am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
4160sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry to hear that Egroeg.  I agree with Funny Paper, I would rather know what is going on, too.  Then you know what to do and what to look for.  My mom has an aneurism in her brain, has been there for probably about 25 years (she almost had a nervous break down when her and my dad split up and that probably caused it).  It’s really dangerous to remove, something like a 70% chance of not making it through surgery.  It’s safer to leave it alone, but at least we know what to look for and to go straight to the hospital if it does happen (she lives only a block away, thankfully).  

a-hard-days-night-ringo-15heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694